AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Incel (Involuntary Celibacy)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like this particular quote from the first article about says it all: "When they say they feel entitled — that they're not getting the love and affection and sex that all humans need — it's in part because they see women as inhuman objects," Friedman said. "Who wants to date a guy like that?"

The second one about mgtow's... Well, that's even more sad in a way. I can understand making a decision to not date or to become celibate. But to cut women out completely for the fact that they're female? And to assume that they're going to maliciously cause you pain? Also, fair enough cutting all the drama out, but it kind of seems like with all that whining about women that they're causing far more drama. Sounds harsh, but humans are social, we thrive because of our ability to feel empathy and communicate with one another. In the wild people like this would die off, and seeing as they're so set on never having sexual relations, or in the case of incels actually going after women they might have a chance with, then it seems that their genes will die with them. I understand having a shitty time with the opposite sex, but there is a point where you need to evolve with the times and just let go of concepts which don't serve you.
As the quote from the article pointed out, why on earth would a woman date a man who sees her as an object he's entitled to when she could date someone who genuinely sees her as a person? This all goes along with the "being an underdog automatically makes me a nice guy". I am so fed up with people assuming that less conventionally attractive men are automatically nice. There is no correlation between looks and kindness! The only difference might be that someone less conventionally attractive might work harder at presenting their personality as being good.

I loved this post, but I bolded the portion that I wanted to respond to...

Do you think that "evolving with the times" might be the culprit here, in terms of placing people outside of their comfort zone when it comes from being raised/indoctrinated to believe in certain ideals?

Prior to my LTR going south, what I looked for in the opposite sex was shaped by my upbringing and what I saw in the interaction between my own mother and father in how they dealt with problems in life. The trust dynamic, the respect and truthfulness that came from watching their actions supporting the words they spoke. Nowadays I see people arguing over the most stupid of stuff in relationships, stuff that should have been identified during the dating/courtship process. Today, both men and women treat "red flag" events like they are par for the course and accept them unconditionally instead of cutting the other person loose and running for the hills when these red flags present themselves. I think the issue today has become more about how does one "change" the core beliefs of the other person, instead of identifying those core beliefs and simply deciding if there could ever be compatibility between the two. Sex was never considered a "reward" for being attractive, nice, smart or otherwise, it was something that two people, who love and respect each other very much, shared with each other. Sure, it sounds fairy-tale'ish, but considering the alternatives and mindsets that this very topic speaks of, I'll embrace and pursue the former over the latter any day of the week. Even if it means shrinking my selection pool of potential mates even further. Men and women are not the enemy. Loud and cacophonous groups of men and women who demand that men and women believe, act upon or support certain ideals about the opposite sex, are the enemy. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: HiGirlsRHot
I loved this post, but I bolded the portion that I wanted to respond to...

Do you think that "evolving with the times" might be the culprit here, in terms of placing people outside of their comfort zone when it comes from being raised/indoctrinated to believe in certain ideals?

Prior to my LTR going south, what I looked for in the opposite sex was shaped by my upbringing and what I saw in the interaction between my own mother and father in how they dealt with problems in life. The trust dynamic, the respect and truthfulness that came from watching their actions supporting the words they spoke. Nowadays I see people arguing over the most stupid of stuff in relationships, stuff that should have been identified during the dating/courtship process. Today, both men and women treat "red flag" events like they are par for the course and accept them unconditionally instead of cutting the other person loose and running for the hills when these red flags present themselves. I think the issue today has become more about how does one "change" the core beliefs of the other person, instead of identifying those core beliefs and simply deciding if there could ever be compatibility between the two. Sex was never considered a "reward" for being attractive, nice, smart or otherwise, it was something that two people, who love and respect each other very much, shared with each other. Sure, it sounds fairy-tale'ish, but considering the alternatives and mindsets that this very topic speaks of, I'll embrace and pursue the former over the latter any day of the week. Even if it means shrinking my selection pool of potential mates even further. Men and women are not the enemy. Loud and cacophonous groups of men and women who demand that men and women believe, act upon or support certain ideals about the opposite sex, are the enemy. ;)

I don't think this is an issue "today" at all. It's so easy to go back and think everything was hunky dory, but at the end of the day a huge amount of relationships and marriages were based on the oppression and domination of women and children, even when the male partner didn't seek that out, culture and laws were designed for this to happen. I don't see how you can see what people would cut people loose when a red flag came along as though people don't do this now, or even did truly do it in a different time. You are looking at things from your own perspective perhaps, but it doesn't seem like something which is true in general.
For sure there will be some who'll want to change a person, but I doubt that's a modern concept. Perhaps more women now feel it's acceptable for them to ask more of their partners seeing as women have more financial independence and freedom to "cut them loose" as you say.

I also disagree with your last statement as it's a little too broad: Loud and cacophonous groups of men and women who demand that men and women believe, act upon or support certain ideals about the opposite sex, are the enemy.
Technically by this definition you are bunching feminists in with incels. I'm not talking about radical feminism, I'm talking about women who demand that men treat them with respect and equality. This is an ideology that I very much stand by and will happily demand it and stand with other men and women. It is fine to expect certain ideals from people, whatever gender, so long as those ideals are not based on any form of oppression or domination. I think it's fair to say that everyone is entitled to feel safe with an even chance at respect, while it is not fair to say that one group of people are entitled to more power, more respect and more choices than another group, at the expense of the other group. That is where incels and other similar groups could be classed as "the enemy".

In terms of your question about me saying people need to evolve with the times: We are assuming by your question that everyone who's an incel was raised with old fashioned beliefs. That's not necessarily true. It may be that they felt oppressed by women growing up but also had access to TV and culture which saw women as subservient, where it's understandable if they then believed that the subservient women were the "norm" and that they were somehow different and robbed of that entitlement which comes with masculinity. So in answer to your question, if this were the case then it'd be nothing about a problem with getting out of a comfort zone and more to do with a refusal to accept society as it is and find their place within it.
There's a Louis Theroux documentary on Thai brides which I thought was quite interesting. The men going to Thailand would complain about Western women because they felt rejected. These evil western women weren't automatically dating them, they had high expectations of men and these men weren't getting relationships. So they went to where they believed the women were subservient to men and would be impressed with their offers of small financial security. The brochures were set out like this, even one quoting "your bride will never get a headache", meaning that if she were in pain she'd never bother you with it.
The serious irony is that all the Thai brides interviewed said the reason they want a western man is because they want to meet someone with western ideals about equality between the sexes. They were the women who rejected female oppressive culture.

I guess my point is with this is that people tend to take the easier route if there is one available. People are also inclined to not want to accept flaws within themselves, so if there's an option available to blame someone else then they will take it. Incel as a movement offers a pretty straightforward route out of self blame. You are not the problem. Society and women are the problem. In a situation where these types of men could either have evaluated their own behaviour, genuinely sought out help, and maybe lowered their "standards" in regards to physical features on women, or joined a group based on hatred and denial, they chose denial. That is what I mean by needing to evolve. They've chosen to change their patterns of thought to obsess over times and cultural norms which are now in the past rather than actually stepping up and learning to court women properly and effectively.

Talking about courting, I need to get this article off the friend who told me about it, but I heard recently that there's been a study looking at why men in modern day are poor at courtship. It apparently said it's actually evolutionary due to historically men using say power and position within society over charm and ability to attract a woman through their personality. According to this article this is one reason where in India arranged marriages are common, Indian men have more trouble stereotypically in how they interact with women. I thought this was an interesting point in why women are still quite good at flirting and general seduction almost instinctively, while a lot of men are completely useless at it. This could be due to nurture in how we're raised, but it does make sense if men who were passing on their genes weren't necessarily good at courting women as it's really not been a top priority until recently.
This has interesting implications for incel types. I have noticed out of the male friends I'd consider more terminally single, they actually don't really try that hard. They don't put themselves out there that much, and those who do don't pick up on any signals, will often attempt to sneak in through friendship and more importantly they'll chase girls who are particularly conventionally attractive. Generally just ways in which some men try to date which rarely works. They'll then feel anger towards the types of men who just walk up and openly talk to and flirt with a girl, because that's super hard and not something they can do right? Interesting to think that there may be an instinct of courtship that they have literally evolved out of which is why they're so lousy at meeting women, while women generally needed to appear attractive towards men and therefore the flirting gene would be preserved in women.
I think it's an interesting concept, but I can't find the research so until I get hold of my friend and see if we can find the source don't take it as fact!

Wonderful post!

I tried my level best to not come off as "old fashioned" in my reply, but I guess some of the things that I stated could be interpreted to derive from old fashioned tenants. It's just that the things I stated come from a position of caring and not from a "power dominance" mindset. If I'm in a committed relationship with someone, I fully expect that respect, truth, dedication and faithfulness are to be reciprocal concepts that remain untainted by the prevailing social ideology of the day. Some time ago I posted about how my recent dating attempts were ruined because of behaviors that were displayed during the initial encounters. The "loud and cacophonous" groups I was speaking of are the ones who demand that I "change", because someone like me, who is seen as "old fashioned", should just accept that times have changed and that people no longer behave like they did when my beliefs were formed. I get it. I really do, but that doesn't mean that if I find personality traits or values that don't mesh well with my own, that I should disregard those red flags and continue seeing that person. In that regard, "cutting that person loose" might not have been the best way to illustrate the point I was trying to make with that line of thought. I just believe that when seeking a mate, we all employ certain discernment processes, aka "selection criteria" when choosing a mate, and being told that I should throw out or change the selection criteria that I use when choosing a mate, just doesn't sit well with me, especially if it comes from a "loud and cacophonous" group mentality where the group members employ a "burn it all to the ground so we can rebuild it to our liking" dogma. Yes, much like the incels....and possibly [millennial's. /sarcasm] :bag:

I see and recognize the points you make regarding courtship and "power and position", but I've worked very hard my entire life to have the financial success that I enjoy as I close in on retirement. But if I met someone and they let it be known(during the dating/courtship phase) that they feel that I could not have achieved my success without some kind of "patriarchal" cabal working behind the scenes over the past 30+ years....then yeah, I would have a level of understanding of why they would feel that way, especially in today's environment, but I would still feel the need to "cut and run", because that person obviously has issues that I am not interested in, or required to address. What good would come from any attempts to explain that I had nothing to do with whatever it is that makes them feel that way? The "loud and cacophonous" groups I speak of are the ones who say that I must be at fault because I refuse to accept prevailing, ideological dogma on those issues. I can only love one woman at a time, and my words, actions, truthfulness, respect and level of commitment should be enough to convince her that I'm not attempting to control or supplant her femininity from some kind of power trip.

Also, I would never lump Feminism in with the Incels. Feminism is based in fact, and I don't see them as a "loud and cacophonous" group. I'm fully aware that pay and power gaps exists in the U.S., but thankfully I work for an organization where three of the top five executive positions are fielded by women. The problem I have with any movement is when it reaches the SJW level of shenanigans where people's lives are destroyed because of something they tweeted about 10+ years ago. I guess that describes my "loud and cacophonous" idea the best. :)

At any rate, I always enjoy your long and well formed posts.

@Lucid1 I'm sure you'll find someone who works well with what it is you want. I can't really tell what that is from your posts.
It's not exactly untrue that men of around retirement age today will have made their success on the back of a patriarchal society, and I could understand why a woman within that age group might feel a bit bitter about that. Though I don't feel anyone should feel too guilty for what they felt was hard work put into a society as it was. It's not really directly anyone's fault for benefiting from an unequal society just by going down those roads. Though I think people should be aware of it and shouldn't ignore those facts. It's annoying when people born wealthy harp on about being self made and having worked super hard to get to their position. While I won't discredit the hard work they put in, they were also lifted up by their education, connections and wealth which would have had a serious helping hand in getting those achievements. I find it admirable when people have the courage and self awareness to step up and accept their fortunes, knowing that others did not have those. I don't know how women have approached you on this, it sounds like it has been said multiple times though.

It might not be that big a red flag, but if for you and you can meet women who are in line with your beliefs it is then that's absolutely your choice. If it's a serious problem within your dating life then the problem is quite possibly you, and then it would be you who needs to adjust your beliefs if you want a happy dating life. I think it's important to remember that sexism and inequality in a relationship does not always feel like domination, it may to you seem loving and sweet, but from the other person's point of view it is still oppressive, especially seeing as there are other options.

I understand why as a man it probably seems like such a lovely dynamic, as you say, born out of caring rather than domination. But seeing as probably the majority of women are actively choosing different relationship roles you've got to ask yourself how caring your beliefs actually are for the other person. Some women are happy in those roles, but it's fairly clear looking at modern day movements that a large percentage really aren't. Men should be listening to that if they truly are looking to care and love another human as a human rather than an object. In any relationship there should be choice, if the man or the woman decides to take a quieter role within the marriage where they get looked after and are more serving to their husband or wife then that's up to them, but they should also have the option of changing their minds to take up a different role. When that choice is not available, that is domination.

Anybody watch Contrapoints? Her video giving a perspective on incels is actually surprisingly empathetic.

I'm fully aware that pay...gaps exists in the U.S., but...
I thought the wage gap was shown to be bullshit, did I miss something?

I have watched quite a few debunkings, along with feminist "explanations" of how we are supposed to be viewing the whole situation, and I must say, the feminist "explanations" seem tailor-made to instill a sense of victimhood in the naive and those incapable of processing nuance. Their goal is not to inform thinking members of society in any meaningful way. They just want to make sure everyone knows how wronged "women" are...

Is it possible feminists have failed to evolve? Have they been stranded on an isle of victimhood since 1970, unwilling to relinquish an iota of their "oppressed" status so that they may rejoin society?

I just don't know. What I do know is this; feminism is a uniquely delusional cult.

The pay gap shines a light on this. I started working in non-family related jobs the early/mid 1980s. I have had numerous female supervisors. I was in the military, the female who was making the same pay as me as an enlisted soldier had much longer to complete her run, and much lower requirements for the rest of her PT.

I worked alongside women in factories and warehouses; if you could do the job, the starting wage was the same...that is men, working alongside women, making the same pay.

Yet feminist bullshit artists seek to promote the idea that that 'maaaaaaaan' next to them is somehow getting significantly more in some way. Instill the grievances, and keep them stoked.

There are plenty of videos that highlight the game that is being played with this little bit of propaganda. But my favorite is one from CNBC, one that was intended to shore up the whole 'wage gap' bowl of baloney...

"It's not that women WANT to leave their jobs to take care of children, it is that they are FORCED to..."

This sort of jumped out at me, mostly because of the women in my family. Sisters, aunts, cousins, you name it; the women in my family have historically shown a desire (or perhaps a drive) to have babies. One stopped her education to have 2 kids, went back and finished it while she was having the other two. She didn't hit her original goal of becoming a doctor, but she got close enough that she is the primary breadwinner in the family.

But no...the feminists brought to me courtesy of CNBC need to believe she was 'forced' to do it. Lol.

Delusional.

I thought the wage gap was shown to be bullshit, did I miss something?

I have watched quite a few debunkings, along with feminist "explanations" of how we are supposed to be viewing the whole situation, and I must say, the feminist "explanations" seem tailor-made to instill a sense of victimhood in the naive and those incapable of processing nuance. Their goal is not to inform thinking members of society in any meaningful way. They just want to make sure everyone knows how wronged "women" are...

Is it possible feminists have failed to evolve? Have they been stranded on an isle of victimhood since 1970, unwilling to relinquish an iota of their "oppressed" status so that they may rejoin society?

I just don't know. What I do know is this; feminism is a uniquely delusional cult.

The pay gap shines a light on this. I started working in non-family related jobs the early/mid 1980s. I have had numerous female supervisors. I was in the military, the female who was making the same pay as me as an enlisted soldier had much longer to complete her run, and much lower requirements for the rest of her PT.

I worked alongside women in factories and warehouses; if you could do the job, the starting wage was the same...that is men, working alongside women, making the same pay.

Yet feminist bullshit artists seek to promote the idea that that 'maaaaaaaan' next to them is somehow getting significantly more in some way. Instill the grievances, and keep them stoked.

There are plenty of videos that highlight the game that is being played with this little bit of propaganda. But my favorite is one from CNBC, one that was intended to shore up the whole 'wage gap' bowl of baloney...

"It's not that women WANT to leave their jobs to take care of children, it is that they are FORCED to..."

This sort of jumped out at me, mostly because of the women in my family. Sisters, aunts, cousins, you name it; the women in my family have historically shown a desire (or perhaps a drive) to have babies. One stopped her education to have 2 kids, went back and finished it while she was having the other two. She didn't hit her original goal of becoming a doctor, but she got close enough that she is the primary breadwinner in the family.

But no...the feminists brought to me courtesy of CNBC need to believe she was 'forced' to do it. Lol.

Delusional.

Given, this is just my one anecdotal piece of evidence, but here's a pay discrepancy for you:

In 2008, I was hired at Victoria's Secret as a stock person. I was hired on at the current, recently-raised, minimum wage, $7.25. My fiancee at the time was hired later that year, at $8.35, for the same position. Minimum wage had not gone up. We had equal amounts of experience. The only difference was that he was a dude. Hell, the stock lead, who was in charge of us, was paid freaking minimum wage as well, making less than someone she was literally managing.

Given, this is just my one anecdotal piece of evidence, but here's a pay discrepancy for you:

In 2008, I was hired at Victoria's Secret as a stock person. I was hired on at the current, recently-raised, minimum wage, $7.25. My fiancee at the time was hired later that year, at $8.35, for the same position. Minimum wage had not gone up. We had equal amounts of experience. The only difference was that he was a dude. Hell, the stock lead, who was in charge of us, was paid freaking minimum wage as well, making less than someone she was literally managing.
Really surprised that happened at a Victoria's Secret.

Clearly a pay discrepancy. No where near enough info though to salvage the 'wage gap' nonsense imo.

I don't know what was in the head of the person who gave him that extra $1.10 an hour, but even if it was completely based on dangly bits he possessed that you did not, it would at most indicate a situation in that store. Not a widespread system of oppression.

There was a guy I had to train. He was useless, a half-assed fuckoff who really didn't care about doing the job. His whole training period I was aware that he was hired in making $15k more a year as a trainee than I was making as a supervisor of several years. Why? Because he was nationally famous as a football player.

It pissed me off to no end, I won't lie. So do I now jump on a bandwagon and howl to the heavens about how corporate America was discriminating against me for lacking the 125-150 pounds of extra rock-solid toxic masculinity he possessed?

Or does the inequality not count because I lack a sweet little pussy for a white-knight ideology like feminism to patronize?

Really surprised that happened at a Victoria's Secret.

Clearly a pay discrepancy. No where near enough info though to salvage the 'wage gap' nonsense imo.

I don't know what was in the head of the person who gave him that extra $1.10 an hour, but even if it was completely based on dangly bits he possessed that you did not, it would at most indicate a situation in that store. Not a widespread system of oppression.

There was a guy I had to train. He was useless, a half-assed fuckoff who really didn't care about doing the job. His whole training period I was aware that he was hired in making $15k more a year as a trainee than I was making as a supervisor of several years. Why? Because he was nationally famous as a football player.

It pissed me off to no end, I won't lie. So do I now jump on a bandwagon and howl to the heavens about how corporate America was discriminating against me for lacking the 125-150 pounds of extra rock-solid toxic masculinity he possessed?

Or does the inequality not count because I lack a sweet little pussy for a white-knight ideology like feminism to patronize?

That incident, I could see because he is a nationally recognized person, and may draw in more people to the store. I don't necessarily agree with it. But, I can understand the thinking.

Regarding "wage gaps" there's some things I'm not sure people are taking into account:

- Usually, new hires in Corporate America, are brought in at a higher pay than someone who's been there 5-7 years. Especially in IT, it not longer pays to stay with the same company for any real length of time. Every place I've been at, they average about 1.25% wage increase. If you're lucky. Many, get about .35 - .5%.

- There is pay grade levels, and depending upon your negotiation skills, your personality, job skills, etc. you can get brought in at a wage higher than others who do the exact same work.

Let's not forget that there's also issues with unions, and "fixed wages", where everyone is paid the same:

- EVERYONE gets paid the same. There is no incentive to bust your ass and do a good job, there's every incentive to be lazier and reduce productivity. Highly productive people are either scorned by coworkers for making them look bad. Or, the lazy people know the hard workers will pick up their slack. UAW members were terrible making cars. People were getting paid $80/hour to put lug nuts on a car. People would show up to work high on cocaine, drunk, etc or they were sleeping on the job yet the plants couldn't fire them because they were protected by the union.

Socialization of wages, jobs, etc. is not good. Nor is the push for a $15/hr minimum wage. It's been shown that in most places, the market can't bear it. Yes, minimum wage goes up. But, the worker's hours gets reduced because many company owners don't have enough to cover the wage increase. How do business owners make up that shortage? Either raise prices, or cut.

push for a $15/hr minimum wage. It's been shown that in most places, the market can't bear it.

The problem is that if you don't raise pay, eventually the economy will fail. Because the cost of power, electricity, rent is increasing. The cost for every thing else is increasing.

I can't help but notice no one is saying, hey we can't let rent increase, the economy will fail. Or we can't let water cost more, the economy will fail. We can't pay CEO more, the economy will fail.

States where minim wage has been increased haven't imploded; they're doing better then states who are choosing to deflate wages. Because people don't have money can't buy anything.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
That incident, I could see because he is a nationally recognized person, and may draw in more people to the store. I don't necessarily agree with it. But, I can understand the thinking.
Same here.

There were several people other than myself who had a foul taste over it too, but I get it. Doubt it paid off for them, 2 months of training and 2 months working and he was gone.

The problem is that if you don't raise pay, eventually the economy will fail. Because the cost of power, electricity, rent is increasing. The cost for every thing else is increasing.

I can't help but notice no one is saying, hey we can't let rent increase, the economy will fail. Or we can't let water cost more, the economy will fail. We can't pay CEO more, the economy will fail.

States where minim wage has been increased haven't imploded; they're doing better then states who are choosing to deflate wages. Because people don't have money can't buy anything.

In an indirect way, I was saying the reason for the demand for higher wages is because expenses keep going up. It's a catch 22 situation.

Nor did I say cities would implode by going to it. I said hours were cut in many cases to balance the wages to what the workers were making on a weekly/monthly basis because businesses generally can't afford it. Especially small businesses. Here, there's talk of a lot of businesses may have to close if the city mandates a wage increase to $15/hr. If that happens, who wins? No one...

But, depending upon which side of the argument you want to believe. Same article, two different takes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...st-fine/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.4c9775244f64

http://fortune.com/2017/06/27/seattle-minimum-wage-study-results-impact-15-dollar-uw/

It's a catch 22 situation

businesses generally can't afford it

Wages inflated for hundreds of years without the issues you claim.

Every state that has increased the minimum wage has seen an increase in GDP. There was no rampant issues.

States that increased minimum wages had an increase in small business.

worker's hours gets reduced

Walmart does this in all states, regardless of if the state has deceased or increased wages.

Last edited:
Wages inflated for hundreds of years without the issues you claim.

Every state that has increased the minimum wage has seen an increase in GDP. There was no rampant issues.

States that increased minimum wages had an increase in small business.

Walmart does this in all states, regardless of if the state has deceased or increased wages.

Sources please.

Status
Not open for further replies.