AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

INFURIATED, feel I'm being scammed on a 1400 token skype...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 28, 2013
Firstly, let me preface this by saying thank god there's some sort of 'active' forum dedicated to mfc. Came across this site today during my google search as my blood pressure started to escalate to dangerous levels.

Ok. I'll try to make this short and sweet.

No, this is NOT a page 8 romanian with 3 teeth. Interestingly enough, this is actually a pretty high profile model with a cam score nearing 10k. Never would I have suspected this would happen, but it is all appearing very clearly now.

I will not say her name, but just say that she is on very sporatically, perhaps a handful or less days during each month. Each time she is on, she is offering one of those new (seems pretty trendy for certain models) epic deals with a friend add + a video for a very cheap price....ONLY IF YOU TIP WITHIN THE NEXT 30 MINUTES!!

Ok, fine. She likes having a large group of friends. However, last time she was on, nearly a month ago, she advertised a special on her skype shows. Unfortunately, it looks like I was the only one who bit. I paid 1400 tokens for a semi-lengthy show, and specified it in my tip note. She kindly acknowledged the tip and said to pm her to schedule. Yippee!

So, that same day, I pm'd her politely a good 3 to 4 times before she logged out, all of which went completely ignored. Each time before she gets off cam, she states that she would spend the time sending out the hundreds of new friends list add videos to their respective email addresses. More on that soon....

Fast forward to her first login today after nearly a month. I put the beef aside and kindly greet her with a 50 token tip along with a polite tipnote stating to 'please pm me regarding the skype show I paid for during your last login.' She kindly ackowledges it, and says 'I promise I'm not ignoring you babe, I swear I will pm you today.'

A few minutes pass, then a few hours. New friends list request token tips seem to fill the screen, and everyone is bombarding her with requests to send the videos via pm...which she also promises to do.

Here's where it gets interesting.

I see a few of the guys in the chatroom complaining that they still hadn't received their videos from her last login in public chat. I pm a few of these guys and they all seem to share the same scenario...no pm replies, no deliverance on promises...nothing.

So I figure to myself...well maybe THIS time she'll actually reply to my skype pm before she logs out...perhaps she's just busy and will actually live up to her promise. Nope. Logged out about 15 minutes later and not a single reply to about 10 polite pm's. Not a single word.

Interestingly enough, I follow up with those other 2 guys awaiting vids and the same response from them as well...no videos to their email...nothing.

Now I may not be a harvard grad here, but I think I can put 2 and 2 together. This would also explain her very sporatic mfc appearances and lenghty 'in between' breaks. Perhaps she feels her members might suffer from short term memory loss.

Not I. Not after I dumped over $100 bucks on this -expletive.- Tried to give her multiple chances, but I think I'm done.

Now, I am asking you all...is there ANYTHING, absolutely ANYTHING I can do to recoup these skype show tokens..seeing as everything is documented in records with tip notes, etc...and there is proof she never replied to pm's? Would mfc do anything in this particular case?

The money won't break me, but this is really an issue of principle, and a young lady thinking she can get away with scamming hard working members for hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars.

I'm pretty vexed right now, to say the least. She said she will be on tomorrow, but I want to think this out rationally and thoroughly before I go on some satanical rampage outing her in her public chat manana.

Thank you all.

Re: INFURIATED, feel I'm being scammed on a 1400 token skype

Unfortunately I don't think that MFC can do anything about this as there'd be no way to prove that you didn't get your show.
However -- I believe models are not technically supposed to offer Skype through MFC so she may get penalized for that. But I believe MFC says that all tokens (that aren't used for pvt/group) are given solely as a tip/gift so that they aren't held responsible if a model doesn't send things out or follow through.

I'm not 100% certain but that is what I think!

Reactions: CharlotteLace

You can't do shit. If you read the MFC rules, it is pretty clear that a tip is non-refundable.

http://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/Contact_Support?user_invoked=1&#I_want_my_tip_back.
We also do not support or review tips for specific acts, or as payment for specific items.

If you had done your private show via the, you know, MFC "Private Show" mechanism, then you WOULD have a satisfaction guarantee. MFC has a policy of refunding private shows if the customer is not satisfied.

Think about that before you purchase your next skype show.

P.S. Actually, you can do something. You can name the girl so that other people don't make the same mistake. Otherwise, quitcherbitchin.

Reactions: driverxtc

genxoxo said:
Unfortunately I don't think that MFC can do anything about this as there'd be no way to prove that you didn't get your show.
However -- I believe models are not technically supposed to offer Skype through MFC so she may get penalized for that. But I believe MFC says that all tokens (that aren't used for pvt/group) are given solely as a tip/gift so that they aren't held responsible if a model doesn't send things out or follow through.

I'm not 100% certain but that is what I think!

Thank you kindly for your reply, Gen! You bring up very valid points, and ones that I had already pondered several times over. I do know that skype is prohibited by mfc rules, so I don't know if that particular clause will allow me to recoup the tokens I tipped specifically for that purpose. I do know she typed in the room several times about the skype special, so there is clear evidence there as well. But yes, there is no way to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the skype never took place, except for the fact that she never once replied to any of my follow-up pm's about skype scheduling/skype id.

This is all just so very frustrating. Whether it's 400 tokens or 1400...this girl seems to just keep on scamming without a single chink to her conscious. But after observing her for a few sessions now, it definitely seems like she is one of those 'gimme gimme gimme' token -expetive- who gives a rats ass about any of her members, so long as she can accumulate enough to pay the bills before going on mfc hiatus for a few weeks.

Gahhhhhh.

bawksy said:
You can't do shit. If you read the MFC rules, it is pretty clear that a tip is non-refundable.

http://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/Contact_Support?user_invoked=1&#I_want_my_tip_back.
We also do not support or review tips for specific acts, or as payment for specific items.

If you had done your private show via the, you know, MFC "Private Show" mechanism, then you WOULD have a satisfaction guarantee. MFC has a policy of refunding private shows if the customer is not satisfied.

Think about that before you purchase your next skype show.

P.S. Actually, you can do something. You can name the girl so that other people don't make the same mistake. Otherwise, quitcherbitchin.

Lol, points noted. Yes, live n' learn. I should have known better, but at the same token (pun intended), this does not give the model the right to straight up scam a member. It's not just skypes, it's sent videos as well. Matter of fact, I've successfully skyped with 3 or so models thus far, all without a hiccup. But this will definitely make me refrain from doing so in the future.

Very pretty/cute girl, but looks like the substance is definitely lacking, to put it nicely.

I hate to be 'that' guy to go on a ragequit tirade in a models room, but looks like I'm going to have to take the street vigilante course of action 'if' she actually is online tomorrow. Still angry at myself for even tipping her again AFTER the fact hoping it would soften her up and encourage her to really reply. The two guys I talked to also planned on doing the same. The least we can really do to prevent more guys from being taken by this girl and her flaky/scandalous ways.

I'd give her another chance to make things right, and then send MFC a note. THEY WON'T GIVE YOU YOUR TOKENS BACK, but might give her a warning if several members complain, or they might not. That's about the best you can expect.

With that said, a 10k-ish CS model doing Skype shows for 1,400 tokens is kind of skirting too-good-to-be-true territory imo.

Reactions: Poker_Babe

Sevrin said:
I'd give her another chance to make things right, and then send MFC a note. THEY WON'T GIVE YOU YOUR TOKENS BACK, but might give her a warning if several members complain, or they might not. That's about the best you can expect.

With that said, a 10k-ish CS model doing Skype shows for 1,400 tokens is kind of skirting too-good-to-be-true territory imo.

I honestly don't know how much more leeway I can give her. This is already the second session she's completely ignored every single pm, including 2 tips in public with specific tipnotes 'please pm me about our scheduled skype I paid for 3 weeks ago'...which I thought would more than get the job done. Simply a bunch of empty promises and no deliverance.

1400 tokens for 20 minutes is actually about right, IMO. This is not a half hour or hour show. It was a special sale price, however, so I jumped on it.

I know MFC takes the stance of "tips are gifts," but they also encourage models to follow through on their promises. I'd report her, and if others do so as well, MFC might do something about it. Worst case scenario, they ignore you and do nothing.

^^ Thank you for the lawls. Albeit, the most stone faced lulz expression I've had in awhile, but lulz nonetheless.

Reactions: Jupiter551

CharlotteLace said:
I know MFC takes the stance of "tips are gifts," but they also encourage models to follow through on their promises. I'd report her, and if others do so as well, MFC might do something about it. Worst case scenario, they ignore you and do nothing.

Thank you Char, I think at this point I will give her ONE last shot, after a final polite public chat reminder about the skype pm. Not sure if the other 2 gentlemen I spoke with will have the patience to exhibit the same kind of refrain, however. They seemed pretty p.o'd, to say the least.

bawksy said:
video related

Off topic comment....
Thank you. I've been seeing signs around campus that 3OH!3 were going to be performing. Didn't have a clue who they were. :think: Maybe I'll go, it's only $15 for students.

Resume normal topic now.

JerryBoBerry said:
I've been seeing signs around campus that 3OH!3 were going to be performing. Didn't have a clue who they were.

I don't know much about them other than they're amiable misogynists who make decent music.

Reactions: LadyLuna

Calm down man, no need to get heated. Worst case scenario you're out a little bit of money. Not worth wasting too much time or energy on in my opinion.

Only two options, as I see it. Let it go or report it to MFC. MFC will unlikely refund anything but it is possible they will give her a warning or fine. They have put out a general warning to models before about not paying up for things in their topics etc.

I would only suggest playing the douche card in room if that is the only thing that will make you feel better. I can guarantee it will not go well. All her fans will not believe you and the other s being quiet about being scammed will probably not say anything. She will just ban/ignore you.

Thanks for the warning though and good luck.

My own comment...

Plenty of models take money for videos/skype because the money is there and available, don't really want to do the video/skype, and then feel anxious when the member begins to actually ask for what he paid for.

As the models say they are trying to "find time" or "get ready" or "get in the mood" for the video/skype (that they don't want to do in the first place), the member begins to feel upset that it's been 3 weeks without any news and places pressure on her to hold up her end of the deal.

The model then tells herself that he's being an impatient asshole, and that if that's the kind of attitude he has then he's the jerk that can screw off - therefore successfully turning the honest, paying member in to the bad guy and relieving herself of all emotional burden, plus also she gets to keep $70.

This may sound convoluted but I assure you, it is not. It is extremely common and I've seen models feel that it's okay for members to wait months upon months for what they pay for because they "can't find the motivation" to deliver - and models who get paid hundreds upon hundreds of dollars and then decide to put the member in his place, ban him, and move on when he keeps asking for his skype show weeks later.

I would like to clarify that, from an objective standpoint, this is obviously just plain stealing. However, from an emotional/mental standpoint, it is very easy to see the model's side of things - whether or not you necessarily agree.

People just really hate pressure in general. And, money that was given to you five days ago, that you now safely have in your pocket, is surprisingly not a great motivator for you to do something today. Also understand that for many models, it is a daily struggle to earn their goals and it's tough to take an hour or two out of your day to skype with someone who tipped you three weeks ago - because that money sure isn't earning any goals today. It turns in to a cycle where models, already being given money, feel a combination of apathy (because they've already earned the tip) and stress (because the member wants delivery on the product) that turns in to a giant momentum-less anxiety hairball, which they will either ignore entirely (by ignoring the member or staying off cam altogether) or confront (either by telling the member to go screw himself if he can't indefinitely until she feels ready to work; or, sometimes, by doing the skype show). And this happens all the time with models considered to be good, honest, et cetera.

Imo, it's just something that happens, which is probably a big reason so many guys have trouble deciding to spend on new models. Heck, I've done it myself. To be honest, if she doesn't want to do the skype show, you're boned. Regardless of her motivation, or whether or not she's a blatant thief, you can't win.

I wonder about the other guys who tipped for videos. Can THEY do something? That seems more "legit" as far as MFC is concerned. Maybe if you all got together and e-mailed them about her broken promises they might at least scare her into following through. (Although I don't know why you'd even WANT to Skype with her at this point except for the fact that you paid for it. Maybe do the Skype and read her a lecture on following through on your promises while she touches herself or something...)

As everyone said, you're not getting a refund from MFC. But maybe you can at least get her to make it right if enough of you get together. Contact those other members again.

Evvie said:
And this happens all the time with models considered to be good, honest, et cetera.
I see what you explained happening a bunch. I would hope most see it as lazy and unprofessional and just straight up nuts. This isn't a mindset that I could see models here having. Maybe some do but holy shit you are not going to go far in any profession doing stuff like that.

Evvie said:
My own comment...

Plenty of models take money for videos/skype because the money is there and available, don't really want to do the video/skype, and then feel anxious when the member begins to actually ask for what he paid for.

As the models say they are trying to "find time" or "get ready" or "get in the mood" for the video/skype (that they don't want to do in the first place), the member begins to feel upset that it's been 3 weeks without any news and places pressure on her to hold up her end of the deal.

The model then tells herself that he's being an impatient asshole, and that if that's the kind of attitude he has then he's the jerk that can screw off - therefore successfully turning the honest, paying member in to the bad guy and relieving herself of all emotional burden, plus also she gets to keep $70.

This may sound convoluted but I assure you, it is not. It is extremely common and I've seen models feel that it's okay for members to wait months upon months for what they pay for because they "can't find the motivation" to deliver - and models who get paid hundreds upon hundreds of dollars and then decide to put the member in his place, ban him, and move on when he keeps asking for his skype show weeks later.

I would like to clarify that, from an objective standpoint, this is obviously just plain stealing. However, from an emotional/mental standpoint, it is very easy to see the model's side of things - whether or not you necessarily agree.

People just really hate pressure in general. And, money that was given to you five days ago, that you now safely have in your pocket, is surprisingly not a great motivator for you to do something today. Also understand that for many models, it is a daily struggle to earn their goals and it's tough to take an hour or two out of your day to skype with someone who tipped you three weeks ago - because that money sure isn't earning any goals today. It turns in to a cycle where models, already being given money, feel a combination of apathy (because they've already earned the tip) and stress (because the member wants delivery on the product) that turns in to a giant momentum-less anxiety hairball, which they will either ignore entirely (by ignoring the member or staying off cam altogether) or confront (either by telling the member to go screw himself if he can't indefinitely until she feels ready to work; or, sometimes, by doing the skype show). And this happens all the time with models considered to be good, honest, et cetera.

Imo, it's just something that happens, which is probably a big reason so many guys have trouble deciding to spend on new models. Heck, I've done it myself. To be honest, if she doesn't want to do the skype show, you're boned. Regardless of her motivation, or whether or not she's a blatant thief, you can't win.

I'm sorry, but I'm having a hard time seeing the model's side of things. I certainly disagree. This explanation, while perfectly plausible as the reasoning a model might give herself in order to sooth her troubled mind over an act of theft, is still just simple rationalizing.

But, hey, I guess that's the way of things in camland. Everyone's either running a scam or a victim of one.

Reactions: Misono

PunkInDrublic said:
Evvie said:
And this happens all the time with models considered to be good, honest, et cetera.
I see what you explained happening a bunch. I would hope most see it as lazy and unprofessional and just straight up nuts. This isn't a mindset that I could see models here having. Maybe some do but holy shit you are not going to go far in any profession doing stuff like that.
I am finding it difficult to explain, but I don't think most models see it as being lazy and unprofessional.

It's the same as having an indefinite deadline. You're still working every day, you're still doing all the things you need to do, but now you have an extra job on your plate that you INTEND to do... sometime down the road. In my own observations, most models do not set aside special time to do Skype shows (like every Tuesday evening, for example). Skype shows are "extras" that they have to fit in - but many models also take Skype money as part of their daily goal. So they make the same amount of money but now have a big, extra, intimidating job they have to get through. And, as I said before, there are plenty of models who don't particularly want to do a Skype or a custom video but agree to it because it's money on the table.

Then, after a lot of time goes by and the job still isn't done, it just feels more and more stressful and you want to avoid it further. I find that honest models actually feel this pressure much more, and it can be quite upsetting.

MFC does have a rule that models cannot lie about selling things for tokens. If a model promises you a service, she can get in trouble if she doesn't pay up. It may also be beneficial for members to schedule the Skype date BEFORE they tip for it - and send that information with an offline tip through MFC mail ("This tip is for the Skype show you agreed to do with me on the 3rd"). At least in that situation there is a small amount of possible recourse, as you have written proof with the model herself and admin if you want to contest it later on.

zippypinhead said:
Evvie said:
My own comment...

I'm sorry, but I'm having a hard time seeing the model's side of things. I certainly disagree. This explanation, while perfectly plausible as the reasoning a model might give herself in order to sooth her troubled mind over an act of theft, is still just simple rationalizing.

But, hey, I guess that's the way of things in camland. Everyone's either running a scam or a victim of one.
Zippy, I'm certainly not saying that this way of thinking is correct or acceptable. I agree it is total rationalization. I only meant that some people may believe the process is true or not :)

Evvie said:
I am finding it difficult to explain, but I don't think most models see it as being lazy and unprofessional.
Accepting money for a job and then deluding yourself into thinking the buyer is an asshole might not seem lazy or unprofessional to models, but to the rest of the world I'm pretty sure it does.

Evvie said:
Zippy, I'm certainly not saying that this way of thinking is correct or acceptable. I agree it is total rationalization. I only meant that some people may believe the process is true or not :)

I hear ya. :thumbleft:

I could kiss you for this.

The funny, ironic thing about her profile, is that she claims her occupation is 'professional fuck-up,' and if you're ever in her room she's very candid with how lazy and unmotivated she is. Perhaps just being extra candid to play the 'awww it's ok bb you're perfect in my eyes *tip*' card, or actually priding herself on her faults. Whatever it is, it seems like the money is still rolling in and; no matter how irrational it is, leaves little incentive for her to do otherwise so long as people keep the tips rolling.

I had been a fan of hers for well over a year on MFC, but have noticed the typical rushed 'come on guys tokens quick so I can get topless!' romanian nag syndrome from the minute she logs in til the minute she's off. Not sure if she's just put off by the whole camming thing or what, but I certainly won't be feeding her another penny.

Speaking with those other members, it seems like she's just spamming the friends list add+ bonus at a 'too good to pass up' value to quickly meet her monthly quota, without having to necessarily follow through. The friend ass is given (thus lowering the chance of mfc disciplining her), but as far as her lifting another finger or expending a single ounce of effort to do anything additionally...good luck.

Going to have a chat with the other 2 guys tomorrow to see what they'd like to do. The rare times she is on now, seems like there are several people in chat complaining about not receiving vids from previous sessions, but she quickly suppresses them with the 'guys I've been sick, but I PROMISE I'm not ignoring you' gimmick....immediately followed by 'guys come on tokens so I can get out of this top!'

Hillarity.

Evvie said:
PunkInDrublic said:
Evvie said:

It's the same as having an indefinite deadline. You're still working every day, you're still doing all the things you need to do, but now you have an extra job on your plate that you INTEND to do... sometime down the road. In my own observations, most models do not set aside special time to do Skype shows (like every Tuesday evening, for example). Skype shows are "extras" that they have to fit in - but many models also take Skype money as part of their daily goal. So they make the same amount of money but now have a big, extra, intimidating job they have to get through. And, as I said before, there are plenty of models who don't particularly want to do a Skype or a custom video but agree to it because it's money on the table.

Then, after a lot of time goes by and the job still isn't done, it just feels more and more stressful and you want to avoid it further. I find that honest models actually feel this pressure much more, and it can be quite upsetting.

MFC does have a rule that models cannot lie about selling things for tokens. If a model promises you a service, she can get in trouble if she doesn't pay up. It may also be beneficial for members to schedule the Skype date BEFORE they tip for it - and send that information with an offline tip through MFC mail ("This tip is for the Skype show you agreed to do with me on the 3rd"). At least in that situation there is a small amount of possible recourse, as you have written proof with the model herself and admin if you want to contest it later on.

I really wish folks would not use a particular nationality as a "token" of some meaning. Romanians, Hungarians, Slovakians, Americans, Canadians, et al, are all individuals and it's not fair to group humans into a "scammer box" because of their nationality, or any other grouping. It's not necessary; why not group them like "and other scammers" rather than ethnicity?

Nordling said:
I really wish folks would not use a particular nationality as a "token" of some meaning. Romanians, Hungarians, Slovakians, Americans, Canadians, et al, are all individuals and it's not fair to group humans into a "scammer box" because of their nationality, or any other grouping. It's not necessary; why not group them like "and other scammers" rather than ethnicity?

There are two kinds of people I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch.

Can someone explain to me why so many people opt for Skype shows? It seems like every week someone runs to ACF to tell us they got scammed out of a Skype show.

Please help me fill out this Pros/Cons sheet so I can fully understand this portion of the MFC economy.

Pros
- Much Better Video Quality

Cons
- Won't Actually Happen

Guest12345 said:
Can someone explain to me why so many people opt for Skype shows? It seems like every week someone runs to ACF to tell us they got scammed out of a Skype show.

Please help me fill out this Pros/Cons sheet so I can fully understand this portion of the MFC economy.

Pros
- Much Better Video Quality

Cons
- Won't Actually Happen

From my observations:
- every time a member has wanted a Skype he was expecting to pay less money than he would for a private on MFC
- Video is WAYY better, little to no lag
- In many cases Skype will go over time
- They wanted gross stuff that wasn't allowed on MFC

For the model, it *may* help camscore to make the tokens and spend less time logged into the camsite.

Evvie said:

I've been thinking about this statement for a bit. First of all, I understand that you're not trying to excuse the model's behavior, just trying to explain how this could happen. But it still seems an odd mindset you're asking us to get into. I do understand the point about having a job and putting it off and putting it off. But I feel like this is different.

For example, let's say you paid a plumber to fix your leaky sink. He accepts your money up front, and then doesn't show up. You call him, and he apologizes and says he's been sick, or really busy, and he'll get to it soon. He promises he's not ignoring you. And then he doesn't show up again. And again. Your water bill is going through the roof because the sink won't stop leaking, and you keep calling and calling, and he finally just stops taking your calls. Would anyone find that an acceptable way to do business? Would you (not you personally, Evvie, but let's say someone who accepts the model's rationalization you presented) accept that "well, he's been sick, and being a plumber is really hard and he probably gets tired, etc."? I think this is different than putting off a random task at work. This is blatantly and willfully refusing to provide a service for which you've already been paid. So...you know, I don't see why a model should be forgiven for taking the money and running when we wouldn't forgive a plumber, electrician, or any other person who provides a service for doing the same thing. Just because there's no recourse for the member to get his money back (you could always take a plumber to small claims court), that doesn't make is MORE acceptable for a model to do it. If anything, it makes it LESS acceptable.

I think the problem here is maybe this undertone that seeps in in regards to how some models view members. A plumber has no reason to look down on a person who needs their sink fixed, but I think maybe it's easier for a model to see a member as being a scummy, perverted bastard who deserves to be separated from his money because of what he's asking her to do, even though she is OFFERING that service. Does that make sense? Sort of like--I'm going to offer to get naked for you in exchange for money, but if you give me money to get naked for you then you are misogynistic scum and it's ok to rip you off. I'm not saying all, or even very many, models think like that but I've definitely seen that mentality out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.