AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Interests

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 4, 2020
Australia
I'm still finding my way around Stripchat as a new member, while hoping my favourite model will drop CB and make the switch.....
Meanwhile, I'm confused about the option to list out your interests.
A lot of members seem to state their sexual preferences as their interests, which I initially thought may help the site make suggestions for alternative models.
Then I saw numerous profile pages that read much more like a dating app profile (see random example below), so presumably having non-sexual interests means that's not related to matching new suggestions.
So. Given all the reminders about members not confusing cam sites with dating sites, why does SC enable all these alternative interests? Is it about trying to foster a sense of community amongst like-minded viewers?

sc interests.png

I'm still finding my way around Stripchat as a new member, while hoping my favourite model will drop CB and make the switch.....
Meanwhile, I'm confused about the option to list out your interests.
A lot of members seem to state their sexual preferences as their interests, which I initially thought may help the site make suggestions for alternative models.
Then I saw numerous profile pages that read much more like a dating app profile (see random example below), so presumably having non-sexual interests means that's not related to matching new suggestions.
So. Given all the reminders about members not confusing cam sites with dating sites, why does SC enable all these alternative interests? Is it about trying to foster a sense of community amongst like-minded viewers?

View attachment 94935

I think it's just meant as a way for a conversation piece from both ends.
You don't "need" to select all the options (or any) for sex, it's good to show there is more to you than that, even though you're there for sexual purposes - no doubt. I have had a few models who will look at my interests and then bring it up as a conversation, and to be honest, it's NEVER the sexual ones "oh I also love BDSM" or "I also love gentle sex", it's always a "normal" interest that they will bring up. Personally I do like it a lot

Upvote 0
Can't really see anyone looking at a list of interests and going 'OMG you like napping too? what about breathing? staying hydrated? we're soul mates!'
<taking tongue out of cheek> I can see the intent, but have decided to just leave that profile section blank.
Thanks for the reply though 👍

• Funny!
Reactions: Lilly_____
Upvote 0
I'd imagine it's a mechanism to generate some kind of normal conversation before the sexy talk begins. Although I have seen some models who definitely have a metal or video gaming persona so things like that might be useful. There's one model on Streamate who dresses as a different Anime character every day.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.