AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is it possible

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Offdutybatman

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Jun 29, 2015
Florida
chaturbate.com
Twitter Username
@Offdutybatman
Tumblr Username
offdutybatman
MFC Username
Offdutybatman
Chaturbate Username
offdutybatman
So I'm considered BBW and i was just wondering if its possible for me to make as much as the other girls. I feel like my weight holds me back in some aspects and im just wondering if any girls are experiencing the same issue.

So I'm considered BBW and i was just wondering if its possible for me to make as much as the other girls. I feel like my weight holds me back in some aspects and im just wondering if any girls are experiencing the same issue.
So, here's the thing - I've noticed that myself and others have been labelled as BBW incorrectly. Now, don't get me wrong, it's entirely up to the model to decide what labels are and aren't applicable, but I just want to let you know that that is a label that gets tossed around a lot. It's not always an accurate one.

I've been followed/retweeted/reblogged by tons of people that are BBW fetishists (johnlovesbbw, sexysize14plus, etc...), and the thing is I'm not a BBW. Not even close. I get labelled (incorrectly!) as one because there's a very skewed perspective of what a female body should look like, and generally, as Snowie said, the default is seen as very slim and petite. I myself am very small, I'm only 5'3" and I've never weighed over 140 lbs, but because I'm quite curvy for my size I get a BBW label slapped on my pictures. This sort of messes with me, to be quite honest; I'm recovering from an ED and the last thing I want to be told is that I fit into the category of fat women. Don't get me wrong, I love fat women - but I don't see myself as one, so being perceived as one really messes with my head.

Ultimately, what I'm trying to get at is that if you want to be perceived as a BBW, then that is entirely up to you (although getting into that fetish industry will probably mean that a lot of your viewers will expect you to gain more, so that's something to take into consideration). But please, don't think that just because you weigh more than the average cam girl that that is the only option for you! I think you'll find that the men (and women) who watch your cam are into all sorts of body shapes and sizes, there's literally something for everyone. You may feel like your weight is holding you back now, but unless it's something you personally want to change about yourself, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Use it to your advantage, if anything; my clients love when I jiggle my boobs or my bum, and trust me, it really helps to have the extra jiggle in those places.

So, here's the thing - I've noticed that myself and others have been labelled as BBW incorrectly. Now, don't get me wrong, it's entirely up to the model to decide what labels are and aren't applicable, but I just want to let you know that that is a label that gets tossed around a lot. It's not always an accurate one.

I've been followed/retweeted/reblogged by tons of people that are BBW fetishists (johnlovesbbw, sexysize14plus, etc...), and the thing is I'm not a BBW. Not even close. I get labelled (incorrectly!) as one because there's a very skewed perspective of what a female body should look like, and generally, as Snowie said, the default is seen as very slim and petite. I myself am very small, I'm only 5'3" and I've never weighed over 140 lbs, but because I'm quite curvy for my size I get a BBW label slapped on my pictures. This sort of messes with me, to be quite honest; I'm recovering from an ED and the last thing I want to be told is that I fit into the category of fat women. Don't get me wrong, I love fat women - but I don't see myself as one, so being perceived as one really messes with my head.

Ultimately, what I'm trying to get at is that if you want to be perceived as a BBW, then that is entirely up to you (although getting into that fetish industry will probably mean that a lot of your viewers will expect you to gain more, so that's something to take into consideration). But please, don't think that just because you weigh more than the average cam girl that that is the only option for you! I think you'll find that the men (and women) who watch your cam are into all sorts of body shapes and sizes, there's literally something for everyone. You may feel like your weight is holding you back now, but unless it's something you personally want to change about yourself, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Use it to your advantage, if anything; my clients love when I jiggle my boobs or my bum, and trust me, it really helps to have the extra jiggle in those places.
I am overweight I just automatically thought i was a BBW because everyone said that in my room.

I am overweight I just automatically thought i was a BBW because everyone said that in my room.
Again, that's up to you to decide. I know plenty of sex workers who are overweight but they don't necessarily create content in the BBW category.

I'm in a gray area where I'm too small to be a true BBW, but I'm clearly not skinny either. If there is a "voluptuous" category like on cams.com or other sites then I'll list myself there. But for the purposes of simplicity I just choose BBW because it's an extremely common category.

That being said, size has nothing to do with success. There are PLENTY of bbw models who make great money at camming, clip making, etc. In fact on a specific clip sales site bbw stores are in the Top 50. I've been camming since 2006 and I've seen women well over 200 lbs make top 100 category. In this business, looks can get customers in the door but it won't make them stay. Secondly, it's the internet. There is no shortage of men willing to spend on BBWs. It's a top fetish category. The most important aspects of being successful in camming are effort, discipline, and consistency. Anyone of any size can be successful if they put the effort into creating a great show/video, and being disciplined and consistent.

It really about confidence. I've been online since I was 18 I am 30 now so my body has changed in ways i never thought would happen.

Yes I am dying inside to want to get plastic surgery but it is not cheap so I have cam with the body I have now and make it work.

If you go on cam with your ready face, make up and clothes and room set up. and rock your personality you will attract guys who love your body and now and new ones who love your body later what it might turn out to be.

Yes, yes, yes. Confidence is absolutely key. I was not confident with my body at all when I started camming, but I just faked it as much as possible until it started to rub off on me, so to speak.

Reactions: dilligaf0
Unless you're overweight by a lot, you must remember the people in your room that are saying that are for the most part, morons.
Absolutely! Like I said before, the term BBW gets thrown around a lot and it's not always used properly. A lot of men - and I mean a lot - think it just means anyone who isn't super slim.

Reactions: ACFFAN69
Judging by your pics, I wouldn't advise labelling yourself BBW - you'll get a lot of guys complaining that you're "too skinny" (for their preferences). BBW fans tend to prefer much bigger girls, with bellies and rolls, and I don't see either on you.

A lot of people tend to just call anyone over a size 10 "BBW", when that's not really the case - a size 10 falls into the "average" range, whereas "BBW" implies someone who is much larger. Just because people call you something, doesn't mean that that's how you need to market yourself.

Exactly what SaffronBurke said - honestly, people who aren't true fans of BBW are usually quick to judge anyone who isn't very slim as one. I'm a dress size 6-8 at most and I've been labelled as one, it's crazy.

Exactly what SaffronBurke said - honestly, people who aren't true fans of BBW are usually quick to judge anyone who isn't very slim as one. I'm a dress size 6-8 at most and I've been labelled as one, it's crazy.
Thank you guys so much! i just wasnt sure how to label or market myself.

Reactions: kelliver
Many of those fools think anyone over a size 6 is BBW (and over 25 is a MILF regardless of them not having children).
Ugh, exactly! It's like - please know the fetish you are referring to, lol.

I'm a dress size 6-8 at most and I've been labelled as one, it's crazy.
Me too! And it does mess with your head, even if you know they are incorrect. So many people think there is only "skinny" and "bbw" as if there is no in-between.

Many of those fools think anyone over a size 6 is BBW (and over 25 is a MILF regardless of them not having children).

Yup as a curvy size 8 I've often been told I'm borderline bbw/plumper/chubby. I've never had kids either, yet people often let me know I look so cute, and young till I tell them I'm nearly 30. This is when they inform me I've magically transformed into a hot MILF.

It's amazing how people can know a language without bothering to properly understand the definitions of that very same language.

Debbie downer time.

Every time one of these posts pop up, the response is usually, "size doesn't matter! Anyone can be rich!" But honestly...it kinda does. Nearly all of the top models are super skinny. You may see some "normal" girls, maybe one or two BBWs, but they're pretty much the exception. On the other hand, I can find no shortage of BBWs constantly complaining about not making goals, not making money, etc. Girls who are stunning and creative and dedicated and put on wildly entertaining shows. From what I've gathered in models only and being on camsites for years, BBWs are at a disadvantage. I've also noticed that most of them price themselves lower than traditionally attractive skinny girls.

However, it's not easy for anyone out there, and there ARE successful BBWs. I'm definitely not saying it's impossible. But it is a disadvantage that you will overcome. That's OK, everyone has them. Be smart, find your niche, and work hard.

Also, you are not required to define yourself and market yourself as a BBW even if you do fit the description. Some of the thicker girls I've seen become successful literally never even mention their size. It's all up to you and what you're comfortable with.

Edited to ponder: sometimes I wonder if the BBW tag/marketing is a turn off to the guys that don't care either way. There are lots of guys who, while they may have a type, are much more interested in the personality and will find any body attractive depending on who it belongs to. I just wonder if the hardcore BBW angle limits this audience. I'm not sure, and of course if it did most guys wouldn't admit to that or even be aware of their bias. I kind of want to do an anonymous poll now.

Last edited:
Debbie downer time.

Every time one of these posts pop up, the response is usually, "size doesn't matter! Anyone can be rich!" But honestly...it kinda does. Nearly all of the top models are super skinny. You may see some "normal" girls, maybe one or two BBWs, but they're pretty much the exception. On the other hand, I can find no shortage of BBWs constantly complaining about not making goals, not making money, etc. Girls who are stunning and creative and dedicated and put on wildly entertaining shows. From what I've gathered in models only and being on camsites for years, BBWs are at a disadvantage. I've also noticed that most of them price themselves lower than traditionally attractive skinny girls.
You're absolutely right - I didn't mean to imply that size doesn't matter at all, my focus was more that the term BBW is one that gets thrown around a lot but is entirely up to the model if she wants to identify as one.

It's a shame, but I suppose since this classifies as an aspect of the modelling industry we're still subjected to some of the same prejudices. I'm "lucky" in that I'm small enough to be considered slim in most circles, but I also have a lot of scars on my body - stretch marks, a bad bout of chicken pox, among many others - that are automatically deemed unattractive. I cannot tell you how long it takes to wash all the foundation off that I sometimes need to cover them, especially when I'm filming in HD. Then there's the weird skin folds I have from having hyperextension and stretchy skin issues.

I suppose, going back to OP's original post - "So I'm considered BBW and i was just wondering if its possible for me to make as much as the other girls. I feel like my weight holds me back in some aspects and im just wondering if any girls are experiencing the same issue."

Is it possible? Yes, anything's possible, really. Will your weight hold you back? I suppose the unfortunate reality is that for those of us who don't fit the standard idea of what's attractive, yes, things like weight and scars and skin abnormalities will hold you back to some degree. But there's always a way to work around them, in my opinion.

You have just as many skinny girls in MO complaining about a lack of earnings and traffic though. I suppose it varies by site
MFC is harder for larger girls, sure. However that is only one site of many. On the other hand I know sites like Imdead (formally known as Imlive) had many larger girls in HOF. Some sites are more bbw friendly, but speaking more broadly there is no reason to assume you are at a disadvantage because you're not skinny enough. Hell on C4S I LOSE out on money because I'm not big enough. Go figure.

Bottom line OP, don't worry about the size of your jeans. I get paid to sneeze and pop balloons. Trust me there will always be someone out there looking for someone just like you.

You're absolutely right - I didn't mean to imply that size doesn't matter at all, my focus was more that the term BBW is one that gets thrown around a lot but is entirely up to the model if she wants to identify as one.

It's a shame, but I suppose since this classifies as an aspect of the modelling industry we're still subjected to some of the same prejudices. I'm "lucky" in that I'm small enough to be considered slim in most circles, but I also have a lot of scars on my body - stretch marks, a bad bout of chicken pox, among many others - that are automatically deemed unattractive. I cannot tell you how long it takes to wash all the foundation off that I sometimes need to cover them, especially when I'm filming in HD. Then there's the weird skin folds I have from having hyperextension and stretchy skin issues.

I suppose, going back to OP's original post - "So I'm considered BBW and i was just wondering if its possible for me to make as much as the other girls. I feel like my weight holds me back in some aspects and im just wondering if any girls are experiencing the same issue."

Is it possible? Yes, anything's possible, really. Will your weight hold you back? I suppose the unfortunate reality is that for those of us who don't fit the standard idea of what's attractive, yes, things like weight and scars and skin abnormalities will hold you back to some degree. But there's always a way to work around them, in my opinion.

My weight is around 170 lbs right now, and was a little over 180 when I started...not a super tall person either. I generally put things like curvy in my tags, and the only times I've ever noted any problem with tips are when I gain or loss a bunch of weight. I basically have the same problem as Oprah. For a bit I'll be 170, and later 149 then yo-yo back again. Weird metabolism ftw! I'm normally floating around the 1st page on Streamate, so I assume I'm doing about alright (kinda hard to tell though sometimes when every camgirl is saying it's slow haha.)

Edit: Just wanted to say I agree with Niki. MFC is a bit tougher, but I've heard good things with other sites working out for bbw's. Might try a couple out, and see what works best!

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Definitely think being a BBW is a major "disadvantage" on MFC. It's not a site that guys go to looking for us, it doesn't have a great categorization system to make it obvious/easy to find us, and most (not all) of the serious BBW camgirls migrate to other sites where they can make more money. MFC is a hard site for most models, but especially for BBWs.

It's not impossible, obviously, and you'll find lots of guys who love that body type (you'll also find yourself sharing regulars with other BBW girls, haha) and of course you'll find a fuckton of guys who just happen to like you because you're pretty/hot/interesting/funny and not because they seek out a certain type of girl. But it can be a tough nut to crack. I think a lot of girls really want MFC to work for them so they stick it out for ages. This definitely works for some but for others I think it's smarter to find a site that works better for you. For me that was Streamate - they have a BBW category for fans of that, plus of course you get featured on the list of all models, which brings in guys who aren't searching for that. It was a lot easier for me to get good placement on there and the money is much more consistent. I did decently on MFC when I was on there regular-ish, but the environment on SM is more conducive to my success, I suppose.

Anyways long story short, just do your best, market yourself how you want and see what happens. Good luck!!!

I'm not BBW but I'm not skinny either and have some body issues, so just wanted to offer my take on things...

I'm about 5' 4" and 135lbs at the moment, though it varies. In the past I've been up to 170lbs so I'm probably not quite as firm as I would be had I been more the same size my whole life. I'm also not the standard shape - my measurements are something like 33-25-41...go figure ha. I'm quite small on top, then with a little belly pooch and I'm pretty big in the butt/thigh area. I feel like my top half caters to 'petite' but not quite thin enough to be skinny, but my bottom half is definitely a more voluptuous/curvy sort of thing, while not quite BBW at the moment. I also have a similar sort of problem with my race, age and personality - ethnically I'm a bit of everything, but as I'm brown and curvy I get labelled black a lot, but I don't fit the stereotype of an 'ebony' girl. I don't have big boobs, I can't do (and don't like) booty clapping, I don't have that fierce and powerful thing going on. Personality-wise I like a lot of cutesy pink and pale stuff and would probably suit Asian/teen categories - but I'm not entirely Asian, I'm not super skinny and my butt is jiggly, I'm not pale, and I'm 24 not 18.

I wondered if I'd have trouble because I don't really fit the pre-made categories. I feel very 'different' because I'm sort of in between so much. Also some of those categories I'd be okay with being placed in and some I wouldn't - for example, I find there's a difference between someone complimenting a particular feature of mine and fetishizing me for it. It's kind of hard to explain ha, but I feel like I don't want to sell myself, I want to sell the experience. And the experience doesn't need to be categorised, it can only be... experienced, I guess lol. If I categorise myself as skinny then I have to stay skinny; if I categorise myself as BBW then I have to stay big; things like that. You have to play up the fetish if you've mentioned it. If you like that, then that's cool, but if you don't then it's not such a good thing. For example if I gained more weight again and was definitely BBW sort of size, I would feel uncomfortable about it because I get that way about my weight sometimes, but by listing myself as BBW I'd definitely be opening myself up to being told my rolls and jiggles are sexy, which would draw attention to something I'm insecure about. I think that's what makes a Big Beautiful Woman versus just a Big Woman - you have to be confident in whatever you label yourself as.

Tl;dr I think if you're not sure what to label yourself as, don't even mention it, just market the other stuff that you are sure about, and do what you want with your body! I've actually been pleasantly surprised that I haven't (yet) had any negative comments about my weight or things like that. I also think there are guys out there aren't that interested in models who fit the usual categories, so maybe we're a category unto ourselves!

I kind of skimmed through the replies here and I know a lot of them were written by veteran and more experienced models but I have a different opinion on this issue. The past 8 months I have spent a lot of time observing and learning about the industry, and I know that a few of the "top models" are stick thin, but that has little to do with why they are so successful. There are more top models with a healthy or higher average BMI opposed to underweight. There are tons of studies that have shown that of course appearance is the first thing men notice, and that the majority of men prefer curvier women or women who appear healthy, physically fit. However I don't really think this matters too much as most of us think it would. MFC gets an enormous amount of traffic (check Alexa.com), so not being the girl next door, or the underweight girl next door, is not going to stop you from being successful. Everyone has their "type" or preference for appearance, personality, etc., and even preferences we aren't really aware of. So embrace your appearance and love yourself, you don't need a category slot for yourself.

There's no magic key or guide on how to become a successful cam model. But things I consider to put you at an advantage are; understanding and learning about the psychological aspects of camming, confidence, having an average or above average overall level of intelligence, cleanliness, having a high quality stream, and relentless self promotion via social media. Again these are things that in my opinion HELP.

I started MFC with no experience, no knowledge of the industry, no expectations. My camscore 8 months ago was at 950 or something my first week. My thoughts of myself at the time were that i was too skinny, my arms were too long and lankey, my forehead was massive, I have chicken legs, I have no ass, you can see my scars under my beautiful but fake boobies, I have too many tattoos, I shouldn't talk too much because I am really weird, my boobs are too far apart, and I could go on and on. Over the first few months a few members helped me break out of my shell and I experienced a big change in my self esteem and confidence. My thoughts of myself now are that I'm a freakin hottie and I love myself the way I am. Sounds super corny I know but it's true. And I now have a decent camscore (2400 or something) and make more money than I did as a nurse working 12 hour shifts everyday. Also would like to note that continuing to learn and knowing when to adjust are important in this constantly growing/changing industry. And confidence! :)

I kind of skimmed through the replies here and I know a lot of them were written by veteran and more experienced models but I have a different opinion on this issue. The past 8 months I have spent a lot of time observing and learning about the industry, and I know that a few of the "top models" are stick thin, but that has little to do with why they are so successful. There are more top models with a healthy or higher average BMI opposed to underweight. There are tons of studies that have shown that of course appearance is the first thing men notice, and that the majority of men prefer curvier women or women who appear healthy, physically fit. However I don't really think this matters too much as most of us think it would. MFC gets an enormous amount of traffic (check Alexa.com), so not being the girl next door, or the underweight girl next door, is not going to stop you from being successful. Everyone has their "type" or preference for appearance, personality, etc., and even preferences we aren't really aware of. So embrace your appearance and love yourself, you don't need a category slot for yourself.

There's no magic key or guide on how to become a successful cam model. But things I consider to put you at an advantage are; understanding and learning about the psychological aspects of camming, confidence, having an average or above average overall level of intelligence, cleanliness, having a high quality stream, and relentless self promotion via social media. Again these are things that in my opinion HELP.

I started MFC with no experience, no knowledge of the industry, no expectations. My camscore 8 months ago was at 950 or something my first week. My thoughts of myself at the time were that i was too skinny, my arms were too long and lankey, my forehead was massive, I have chicken legs, I have no ass, you can see my scars under my beautiful but fake boobies, I have too many tattoos, I shouldn't talk too much because I am really weird, my boobs are too far apart, and I could go on and on. Over the first few months a few members helped me break out of my shell and I experienced a big change in my self esteem and confidence. My thoughts of myself now are that I'm a freakin hottie and I love myself the way I am. Sounds super corny I know but it's true. And I now have a decent camscore (2400 or something) and make more money than I did as a nurse working 12 hour shifts everyday. Also would like to note that continuing to learn and knowing when to adjust are important in this constantly growing/changing industry. And confidence! :)

This is SPOT ON. Your body type is only an obstacle if you make it one. This goes for every girl out there from the ones who think are too skinny to the ones who think are too heavy, for those who believe their body has the wrong shapes, etc. If you believe your body is unattractive you will not be happy about showing it on cam, it will make you self conscious and your show will suffer because of your mood, not your body. If you are confident about your body and you are fun to be around there will always be people who will be attracted to you and they will stick regardless of what you think your flaws are.

And for those of you who do not know how to "market" themselves cause their body doesn't fit any labels: how about marketing yourself for who you are? Don't market your body, market yourself, as a person. People are more interested in getting to know a fellow human than they are in seeing one more piece of ass.

Targeting a specific niche works best when you can really dominate that niche. If you are one of only a few certified duck trainers in the world, you could probably dominate the niche for guys with a fetish for nude women who perform acrobatic acts with ducks. There may be fewer guys with that particular fetish, with fewer overall dollars available, but the majority of those dollars will go to you.

BBW is already a pretty crowded niche. Since there are many models competing for a finite number of dollars, that means fewer dollars available per model right from the start. Most of those dollars will go to the models at the top of the niche; the rest will trickle down to be divided among the models at the middle and bottom of the niche. Since you may be too small for many BBW fetishists, from what the others are saying, you'd probably fall somewhere between the bottom and middle -- where the dollars are the most limited.

Since you probably won't dominate that niche, or at even stand out in it, you'd be putting yourself at a disadvantage by limiting your audience and the number of dollars available to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.