AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is my laptop good enough for camming?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 7, 2016
I've been looking into other laptops and I've searched through some threads here but I'm just not a big tech person. I just checked out the specs for my computer and I'm not sure what to make of it. I don't know what constitutes as 'good' or 'bad' lol. :worried: Though considering this was a relatively cheap laptop and I got it just to play some casual sims on, I'm assuming its on the lower end of things.

The processor is a 2.00 GHz with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics. The RAM is 4.00 and the system type is 64-bit.

I'm hoping this is all the info needed to tell me whether or not I'll be able to cam with it? lol if it isn't just let me know and tell me what I should look for and I'll post it. I really don't know much about these sort of things :shy: But I have a feeling that i'll have to upgrade. Any help is appreciated!! Or suggestions!

Hi There,
Looking at your specifications i would say that will be absolutely fine to Cam with :)
The Main thing you need to look at is the RAM and Processor. Based on 4GB RAM that box is checked and the 2GHz looks good.

To further help have you got a brand and model name so i can read through the full data sheet just to double check?

Hi There,
Looking at your specifications i would say that will be absolutely fine to Cam with :)
The Main thing you need to look at is the RAM and Processor. Based on 4GB RAM that box is checked and the 2GHz looks good.

To further help have you got a brand and model name so i can read through the full data sheet just to double check?
I went and checked what it was lol, its a satellite c55d-b from Toshiba.

I went and checked what it was lol, its a satellite c55d-b from Toshiba.
Okay i have just had a look and looking at the Specs and that will definitely handle Camming for you as well as most Graphic Design/Image Editing needs :cat:.

Hope this Helps!
K :)

• Helpful!
Reactions: AudDust
I've been looking into other laptops and I've searched through some threads here but I'm just not a big tech person. I just checked out the specs for my computer and I'm not sure what to make of it. I don't know what constitutes as 'good' or 'bad' lol. :worried: Though considering this was a relatively cheap laptop and I got it just to play some casual sims on, I'm assuming its on the lower end of things.

The processor is a 2.00 GHz with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics. The RAM is 4.00 and the system type is 64-bit.

I'm hoping this is all the info needed to tell me whether or not I'll be able to cam with it? lol if it isn't just let me know and tell me what I should look for and I'll post it. I really don't know much about these sort of things :shy: But I have a feeling that i'll have to upgrade. Any help is appreciated!! Or suggestions!
You'll be able to cam with it, but if you try to run the encoder on Streamate you might tax your system a bit. If you try to do video editing with Adobe you'll manage, but rendering/exporting will take ages (like 8+ hours).

4 GB of RAM is on the bare minimum side of things. It's workable, but you'll probably want to look into upgrading down the road.

I compared your laptop with my old camming laptop, and they're pretty close with yours being just slightly better. Mine handled mfc and chaturbate without any real issues. For sites like cams and Streamate when I used the encoder for HD video my system could handle it, but it sure didn't like it. I'd need to close everything else and the fan would run like a jet engine about to take flight. But it'll work. You can cam with it. :)

If you want to look at comparing computers a good site is cpubenchmark.net (The higher the CPU Mark, the better in most cases.)
Here's a link comparing my current work computer, your computer, and my old computer.
https://cpubenchmark.net/compare.php?cmp[]=895&cmp[]=2266&cmp[]=802

I was having the same question! I have a Acer Aspire E 15 Model Number E5-521-23KH I'm looking at upgrading in the future but I got a decent deal on this one ($211 new when it now sells for over $500 usually). It has 4gb DDR3L ram which I am able to upgrade once I start camming more regularly, AMD Quad-core Processor E2-6110 (1.50GHZ), AMD Radeon R2 Graphics, and Windows 10 64-bit. Will this laptop be good enough to use at least for a little while on MFC and Streamate?

@Pandora Luxe
Here's a comparison of your laptop, my old cam laptop, and my current cam computer. Yours is a bit worse than my old laptop.
http://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare.php?cmp[]=2373&cmp[]=802&cmp[]=895
Upgrading your RAM might be of some use, but your CPU is pretty underpowered.

I'm going to guess that it'll run MFC ok, but you might have issues running the FML encoder on Streamate. You should still be able to cam directly from your browser though. There's no harm in trying and seeing how it handles SM. (I'd recommend closing all other applications while streaming.)

Reactions: Boog
Status
Not open for further replies.