AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

so.... i need a new laptop

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Awesome_Alexa

Cam Model
Jun 8, 2022
MFC Username
AwesomeAlexa
Chaturbate Username
_Awesome_Alexa
so the gaming laptop i have now is getting old will be 7 years old in December some of my video games are laggy so i think its time for a new laptop i guess. this laptop was a Christmas gift for me my boyfriend at the time brought it for me well... he paid part of it and my mom paid the rest. i remember getting the laptop like 2 weeks before Christmas because my mom and boyfriend couldn't wait too surprise me with it... anyways does anyone here know more about laptops.... i personally don't know enough about computers or laptop's to know if what im buying is a good enough system can anyone help me out here??

so the gaming laptop i have now is getting old will be 7 years old in December some of my video games are laggy so i think its time for a new laptop i guess. this laptop was a Christmas gift for me my boyfriend at the time brought it for me well... he paid part of it and my mom paid the rest. i remember getting the laptop like 2 weeks before Christmas because my mom and boyfriend couldn't wait too surprise me with it... anyways does anyone here know more about laptops.... i personally don't know enough about computers or laptop's to know if what im buying is a good enough system can anyone help me out here??
Sure what's the specs of your current laptop? Processor, video card, ram, screen resolution and roughly how much are you looking to spend and how important is screen resolution to you? Do you often have an external monitor or tv connected to the laptop and if so what resolution?

Reactions: EllaM
Sure what's the specs of your current laptop? Processor, video card, ram, screen resolution and roughly how much are you looking to spend and how important is screen resolution to you? Do you often have an external monitor or tv connected to the laptop and if so what resolution?

A way to find the answers to cbhours' questions, if you have a Windows laptop, is to click the little windows icon (Start) on the bottom left corner of the screen. A menu will pop up, and you'll see a little gear icon (Settings). Click that. This will show your system settings: device name, processor, installed RAM.

Reactions: KingMarti
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.60 GHz
Installed RAM 12.0 GB (11.9 GB usable)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060

not sure if that helps i dont know much about computers. i mostly use this laptop for video games and of course broadcasting.

What kind of budget do you have for a new one?

What kind of games do you play? (playing indies and 2d stuff is going to need a lot less power than wanting to play cyberpunk on full settings for example)

A direct upgrade to what you have now would be something like a 12th gen i7, 16gb/32gb ram and a rtx3060 (not sure if the rtx4060 is out yet).

It's not necessarily what you need to be able to play games and broadcast, just what would be the newest version of what you currently have.

you know whats weird i can play games like ark survival evolved on high however on epic it lags a little. it just seems werid how some games work fine and some don't i wonder if its a setting thats wrong or something,

you know whats weird i can play games like ark survival evolved on high however on epic it lags a little. it just seems werid how some games work fine and some don't i wonder if its a setting thats wrong or something,
Differnt games are optimized differently and different anti piracy systems have different effects on how the game plays. Denuvo's antipiracy for example tends to hog a lot of system resources which makes games play like crap unless you are way above minimum specs.

Different launchers also add in different overheads for system resources which is why if you get the same game on steam and epic you might get 60fps on steam and 40 fps on epic (or the other way around, it all depends on how the games have been optimized by the developer to run). No launcher is always the best way to go IMO where you can, which seems to be getting more and more difficult since they basically stopped making physical releases of pc games. GOG allows you to download the exe files to install the games outside of their launcher though.

For games that arnt running so well, try turning the graphical settings down until you find a level of playability that you are happy with.

With the game running you can also set up an overlay to show you CPU/Ram/GPU usage, if it keeps lagging then I would look at that to help identify where the issue is.

most of my games are on steam i cant seem to fix bendy and the dark revival with is annoying i like the game and all but with all the lag it made it very difficult to play :( i lower the graphics but it still lags. i have this problem with some other games has well its annoying... :( has for the price im willing to spend not sure yet my mom said she would help me get a new system.... however i need to talk to her about this more. im happy thats shes willing to help me... :)

Last edited:
most of my games are on steam i cant seem to fix brandy and the dark survival with is annoying i like the game and all but with all the lag it made it very difficult to play :( i lower the graphics but it still lags. i have this problem with some other games has well its annoying... :( has for the price im willing to spend not sure yet my mom said she would help me get a new system.... however i need to talk to her about this more. im happy thats shes willing to help me... :)
Do you mean "Boris and the Dark Survival"?

If so then you shouldnt have any issues running it since it seems that game can run on a potato.

Other things that can cause lag are how much your hard drive is being accessed (more an issue with external drives than hard drives, but could be the issue). Heat will also cause your laptop to slow down, if that was the issue it would play find for a while and then suddenly start lagging.

I would look up how to add the overlay that will show system stats while you are trying to play to see what is causing the issue (it could just be that the game is really poorly optimized and will always lag).

omg lmao what the fuck did i just type LOL its bendy and the dark revival..... my bad....
Looking at the minimum requirements you shouldn't have issues with that either since your laptop sits somewhere between minimum and recommended. Try dropping all the graphics settings to minimum if you havnt and see if that clears the lag up. Otherwise you'll need to put an overlay on so you can see what part of your system is stuggling to run it.

ETA: They dont list the cpu so maybe thats letting you down but other sites seem to indicate that that shouldnt be the issue either. You can try installing the canyourunit app and check if it should run on your laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.