AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is streamate still slow for you?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 6, 2022
Hello everyone. I still have tons of issues with this site, and I'm fed up with the 30% and less traffic to Latin America. I'm thinking about leaving it. Anyone still has almost no traffic? What site are you using instead?r

I only use chaturbate and it's hit or miss for me. I only do well if my frequent viewers are on. I seen some models from streamate on chaturbate and go on to other sites like flirt4free. My personal opinion streamate doesn't seem to get as many viewers as Chaturbate. Good luck to you, hope it gets better!

I only use chaturbate and it's hit or miss for me. I only do well if my frequent viewers are on. I seen some models from streamate on chaturbate and go on to other sites like flirt4free. My personal opinion streamate doesn't seem to get as many viewers as Chaturbate. Good luck to you, hope it gets better!
Streamate has less traffic but better quality traffic in general. Chaturbate is advertised as a free site so members go to the site with the expectation that paying is optional. Streamate advertises as a premium site, members that go to streamate expect to pay for shows.

Traffic dosnt = $ (not in camming anyway)

Streamate has less traffic but better quality traffic in general. Chaturbate is advertised as a free site so members go to the site with the expectation that paying is optional. Streamate advertises as a premium site, members that go to streamate expect to pay for shows.

I have been having terrible issues with Streamate since they had a breakdown and bankrtuptcy. I no longer even make minimum payout sometimes. This site it's BS.

Yes I understand streamate maybe

Yeah thats a good point but I think theres a reason why models been leaving streamate they may advertise as a better content site then others but I don't think they show enough support to their models to keep them on. Taking away more than half of what you earned isn't right! But i know what u mean, i'm sure if I joined streamate I'd have as much success as I do on cb.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Yes I understand streamate maybe

Yeah thats a good point but I think theres a reason why models been leaving streamate they may advertise as a better content site then others but I don't think they show enough support to their models to keep them on. Taking away more than half of what you earned isn't right! But i know what u mean, i'm sure if I joined streamate I'd have as much success as I do on cb.
The lower traffic especially as a guy does come into account but if you are taking of % of paying traffic SM wins hands down. On cb you can have a room of 100 people and only 1 person tipping, if you had 100 people come through your room on SM you'll get a show from at least 50% of them. The amount of traffic guys get there is small though and I am too inconsistent with SM to build up a regular customer base there.

There's defiantly a lot of things I can see that would cause people to start camming else where, the biggest one being not being able to promote social media or fansites. The % looks un-attractive but the reality is higher quality traffic costs more $, but it kind of breaks down to you can have 50% of $10 or 30% of $100, even with the lower % and lower traffic there's plenty of days where I earn higher there than on cb and sc combined, due to the low traffic numbers theres also plenty of days where it's completly dead for me. My biggest issue with them though is the 21 day hold on payments and no way other than getting a bank statment to check when your last payout was and then having to subtract 21 days to find out when that payment was for and then go through every transaction with a calculator to work out how much your owed, then when you hit the payout amount you have to add 21 days onto that (not so much of an issue when you are on there a lot, but sometimes I dont stream there for months at a time, or I'll just jump on and get a couple of shows when I have some free time)

I've been visiting a model for a long time now and she has moved from Streamate to Chaturbate recently. Her room may be busier but mostly it's still people watching for free (well not actually for free, at the expense of those actually tipping). Chaturbate seems to have more freeloaders in general. I think the greater number of viewers makes that easier. People are happy to lurk in large numbers because they can see others not tipping, so why should they. My model friend's top tipper list is still made up of myself and the other guys who followed her over. There is literally a gap of thousands of tokens between the 3rd placed and 4th placed tippers. In Streamate there seemed less traffic but it was so much more obvious if they were hiding without tipping. The sad thing in CB is that it's not just the greys not tipping. She can literally have a room full of dark purples and not a bean from them.

Reactions: hunkyguysouth
I've been visiting a model for a long time now and she has moved from Streamate to Chaturbate recently. Her room may be busier but mostly it's still people watching for free (well not actually for free, at the expense of those actually tipping). Chaturbate seems to have more freeloaders in general. I think the greater number of viewers makes that easier. People are happy to lurk in large numbers because they can see others not tipping, so why should they. My model friend's top tipper list is still made up of myself and the other guys who followed her over. There is literally a gap of thousands of tokens between the 3rd placed and 4th placed tippers. In Streamate there seemed less traffic but it was so much more obvious if they were hiding without tipping. The sad thing in CB is that it's not just the greys not tipping. She can literally have a room full of dark purples and not a bean from them.
Thats how it goes for me. most of my viewers are other models looking for viewers and desperate for tokens. I just keep them silent. as well as anonymous users.
I started doing password/private shows for high tippers to show more appreciation 4 them. And been wanting to try ticket show. At least thats some way to keep out people that don't want to contribute.

Reactions: hunkyguysouth
That's a lot of words to say, "cost of doing business on Chaturbate."

Reactions: KingMarti
Cost to who? The model? I'm confused about what you are driving at.
Think of Chaturbate like a shopping mall. This store catches your attention but the price tag is a little out of reach or they don't have a brand you thought they might have so you go to another store. Whichever store you decide has the exact combo of must-have's required to separate you from your money and give it to the store is the one you'll probably return to again.

But at every mall, you'll mall walkers who never go into the store but might grab a snack at the food court.

Then there are the teenagers with no money to spend anywhere but just need a place to hang out for a few hours.

I could go on, but the point is it's not freeloading. It's deciding whether or not to invest tokens here or there. If you loiter in any store at the mall, they will eventually ask you to leave. But you've technically done nothing wrong just because the store didn't get your money. The mall is a public place on private property, you're welcome there until you aren't.

I think on token sites it might be positive for placement to have larger numbers in room right? Atleast chaturbate, whether buying or not? Unless I got things wrong (which is also totally possible knowing me)? Somehow I’ve thought that was the case, at least for CB anyways, for a while now.

I’ve always thought that unless a model is heavy on Femdom and wants only one on ones, it’s probably best to tolerate lurkers. I’m hard, but I don’t do public shows or have the goal of doing big shows. I have the goal of showing men how “strict” I can be. Well for the most part… I’m not 100 percent Femdom.

I could be misunderstanding though … but it might be good for your friend to have them there Misterical.

Last edited:
Reactions: AmberCutie
I think on token sites it might be positive for placement to have larger numbers in room right? Atleast chaturbate, whether buying or not? Unless I got things wrong (which is also totally possible knowing me)? Somehow I’ve thought that was the case, at least for CB anyways, for a while now.
If you were to go click on the top room on Chaturbate right now without being logged in there are only 4011 users in the room, 2866 of those are anonymous and don't count toward room rank.

Top Room.png

Greys are useless but may have "blue accounts" (bought tokens and spent them and may be just lurking). The rest of the room are blue and dark purple (high tippers) and she's not making a ton of money but she's in the top spot. Traffic/room rank doesn't mean dick and I'll show you why.

My Payout.png

I do this with less than 50 people in my room.

Edit to add: You can shill on CB or "token recycle" I can tip anyone who has registered as a verified broadcaster and ask them to tip those tokens back to me. It's risky as fuck but many top rooms have done it.

If you were to go click on the top room on Chaturbate right now without being logged in there are only 4011 users in the room, 2866 of those are anonymous and don't count toward room rank.

View attachment 98098

Greys are useless but may have "blue accounts" (bought tokens and spent them and may be just lurking). The rest of the room are blue and dark purple (high tippers) and she's not making a ton of money but she's in the top spot. Traffic/room rank doesn't mean dick and I'll show you why.

View attachment 98099

Ah I see. You’re one of the only CB models I chat w regularly. Great numbers 😊 SM is kinda like that too. You can have a pretty quiet room overall with never more than 10 people at one time, but still make great money.

Ah I see. You’re one of the only CB models I chat w regularly. Great numbers 😊 SM is kinda like that too. You can have a pretty quiet room overall with never more than 10 people at one time, but still make great money.
:) You're the only Streamate model I chat with regularly, I think learning about how SM works has helped me a bit on CB. I'm definitely making more than I was before but it's hard to isolate any one thing that worked better than another, as you know.

Right around the time you and I became acquainted and shared some moments was also the same time I was upgrading my camera, my internet, and using the Ambi. But being on the front page doesn't guarantee success and being on the back pages doesn't guarantee failure. With Chaturbate when you have the new tag, there are sharks everywhere and they're throwing coin to sway you. As soon as the new tag is gone, they move on to the newest room. New rooms don't know how to forecast how that drop in revenue is going to feel or how to navigate it but hey I've been here for 10 years and I've increased my followers every day I'm on, lost a few too. It's fine. That's how it works. Not for everyone but not every site is.

Reactions: MarieElise
That's exactly the part that triggered the response. :)

Someone being in the same store and buying merchandise while watching others browse isn't at the expense of anyone. Everyone window shops at some point.
Yeah, but someone who isn't buying shoes but is still shouting out "try on the red ones" or "yeah, take that shoe you ****" is annoying as fuck when the person who has tipped for the shoes is trying to enjoy the shoes. If I've tipped for something it's because I want the model to have the money and I also want the thing I tipped for. That transaction is fine until a whole load of guys who haven't tipped for a thing in their lives start sticking their oar in when you are trying to enjoy the thing.

Yeah, but someone who isn't buying shoes but is still shouting out "try on the red ones" or "yeah, take that shoe you ****" is annoying as fuck when the person who has tipped for the shoes is trying to enjoy the shoes. If I've tipped for something it's because I want the model to have the money and I also want the thing I tipped for. That transaction is fine until a whole load of guys who haven't tipped for a thing in their lives start sticking their oar in when you are trying to enjoy the thing.
Or you could get over it and understand the nature of the business. Just a thought.

@misterical I think of the model put grays off that would probably be less likely to happen, right? It is rude manners to be demanding things without tipping. I try to kick as many guys who do that as possible out of the room. But sometimes when you’re busy doing a show, you really can’t get them all.

It is pretty obnoxious and annoying from the models point of view too. At least I find it that way. But you cant always deal with it all, without constantly stopping what you’re doing and ruining the show.

I have an automated message. I set up that says if you are not currently tipping. Please be quiet so I can focus. My attention on the people who are currently tipping. You can word it in a way where it’s polite. Like saying, I appreciate everyone’s enjoyment and attention. Please understand that my attention goes first to those who are tipping. I’d appreciate if people who don’t intend on tipping would be silent, so that I can focus on the show and enjoying it myself too.

Or something like that. I am not the best at wording things politely, and not bluntly. I stole that from @Emme Torx (with her permission). She probably has a better wording. I do think that when we are able to coach them politely on etiquette, it helps us all out, in all the rooms and sites.

ETA; I do know that a lot of guys get caught up in the moment and forget that they are supposed to be tipping when they are sexually excited. So, I really don’t think it harms things to remind them politely about that. I know I always have a lot of other models. I know do that as well, and it often will result in better behavior and tips. Just a friendly automated reminder 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
I think of the model put grays off that would probably be less likely to happen, right? It is rude manners to be demanding things without tipping. I try to kick as many guys who do that as possible out of the room. But sometimes when you’re busy doing a show, you really can’t get them all.

It is pretty obnoxious and annoying from the models point of view too. At least I find it that way. But you cant always deal with it all, without constantly stopping what you’re doing and ruining the show.

I have an automated message. I set up that says if you are not currently tipping. Please be quiet so I can focus. My attention on the people who are currently tipping. You can word it in a way where it’s polite. Like saying, I appreciate everyone’s enjoyment and attention. Please understand that my attention goes first to those who are tipping. I’d appreciate if people who don’t intend on tipping would be silent so that I can focus on the show and enjoying it myself too.
The loudest users are 1 token blues. They bought tokens and kept 1 to be able to chat in rooms like mine -- no greys allowed and you must have tokens to chat. Since we can sort users by balance it's really easy to see which users to ignore and which to engage.

In the larger rooms chat flies so quickly all the guys chatting and not tipping get rolled off the screen pretty fast.

Also, no one knows the relationship a model has with a viewer. He could be light blue and tipped me 4000 tokens the day before because members can choose their display color.

View attachment 98099

Edit to add: You can shill on CB or "token recycle" I can tip anyone who has registered as a verified broadcaster and ask them to tip those tokens back to me. It's risky as fuck but many top rooms have done it.
That's very impressive numbers for under 50 people in less than 12 days!
I was curious why you would do the token recycle I've always thought to do that but thought of the risk. I thought to do it to show appreciation to tippers and hoping it encourages others to tip.
I always love showing support to other models!

That's very impressive numbers for under 50 people in less than 12 days!
I was curious why you would do the token recycle I've always thought to do that but thought of the risk. I thought to do it to show appreciation to tippers and hoping it encourages others to tip.
I always love showing support to other models!
Token recycling is specifically meant to drive interest in a room and get people to tip more, however it can back fire in a spectacular way because you'll start to see comments like, "they've made enough already, no tokens from me." The other risk is hoping the person you gave them to to tip you doesn't run off with your tokens never to be seen again.

Tipping another performer just because is always cool but I don't think a regular tipper who is verified to receive tokens would appreciate having their tokens tipped back to them just because you appreciated them tipping you.

I don't allow anyone to see how many goals I have cleared in a day because of the "you've made what you're worth" crowds.

And thanks. It was an unusual 12 days but there was a birthday to celebrate and boy did we celebrate!! 🤣😊😚

Last edited:
Token recycling is specifically meant to drive interest in a room and get people to tip more, however it can back fire in a spectacular way because you'll start to see comments like, "they've made enough already, no tokens from me." The other risk is hoping the person you gave them to to tip you doesn't run off with your tokens never to be seen again.

Tipping another performer just because is always cool but I don't think a regular tipper who is verified to receive tokens would appreciate having their tokens tipped back to them just because you appreciated them tipping you.

I don't allow anyone to see how many goals I have cleared in a day because of the "you've made what you're worth" crowds.

And thanks. It was an unusual 12 days but there was a birthday to celebrate and boy did we celebrate!! 🤣😊😚
Thats awesome! 😁 Happy belated birthday!

Thats awesome! 😁 Happy belated birthday!
It was the viewer's birthday. 😍 though when things go perfectly those are realistic numbers for every pay period but I get lazy sometimes and put minimal effort in like on the $8 day.

I have a new very expensive life goal I must meet so I'm trying to give it my best every day.

This thread was started for Streamate sl we should probably get back on topic there. CB and SM operate in different ways and rely on different types of conversions from each other. It's really hard to compare the two. Stripchat, Cam4, CamSoda are the closest to CB from what I've learned on this forum.

Reactions: gaycammodel
Status
Not open for further replies.