AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is there a decline in the number of Chaturbate's viewers?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@cbhours are you the person behind cbhours.com? Love your site. You have the approach that I would like. Why not give users to sort by online hours? Just ONE example, many more ways to sort rooms.

Also quite fascinating how absolutely different your sorting is from cb sorting. Online hours do not have the effect that I thought they would have.

Yes thats my site, glad you like it 👍

FYI, it's usually considered bad form to post photos of other models without their consent.

she wrote me PM and confirmed that her bot not work anymore.

how is it possible that you still let to be people like that on 3page with 200 fake people???

If their bot isn't working, then why are you concerned about their room having fake people?

chaturbate doesnt matter who is on first page

One people start fallowing, rating, tipping, that default ranking really goes out the window.
CB starts serving up rooms based each individual user's tastes.

As a company, they care about profit. If they don't make profit, they fail, and close up shop. The best way to make profit is serve people what they want, what they are will to pay the most for.

Yes thats my site, glad you like it 👍
I'd love if you put that info/links in your profile and/or signature here at ACF so more people can find it and utilize your site.

This bot not work, everybody can use trial and will see it. People lost money for subscribtion and all nefative commands are deleted from admin TOP BOT. On Vimeo he put this video too but people started command negative and he deleted vimeo.

Talking about other pages i mean : streamate, mfc,mydirtyhobby etc.... There is better income than being on 35 page on chaturbate.... For me is even if im on 8 page. Its my small opinion.

FYI, it's usually considered bad form to post photos of other models without their consent.

Everybody can see this models, where is problem? If I could say something on this screen bad or draw on their face something then it could be rude for example. Now its just a screen from website.

This bot not work, everybody can use trial and will see it. People lost money for subscribtion and all nefative commands are deleted from admin TOP BOT. On Vimeo he put this video too but people started command negative and he deleted vimeo.

Talking about other pages i mean : streamate, mfc,mydirtyhobby etc.... There is better income than being on 35 page on chaturbate.... For me is even if im on 8 page. Its my small opinion.

I just posted the link as a publicly available proof of concept that is possible to send user accounts to a room. These are gray users and anonymous but it's definitely possible to use such a software for accounts with tokens too.

And sure it's harder that users find your room on page 35 of cb. Generally though that no place is ever guaranteed is part of the cb concept. CB should just get rid of the "page principle", make it a long scrollable list for example.

Right now room placement on cb seems more robust compared to two months ago. What apparently can be more easier manipulated is the hourly contest. There is one cb room winning the contest often but cb algorithm places the room far away from the top places, depending on who else is online, sometimes even only on page two but still winning the contest. The room is filled with thousands of gray user accounts.

Reactions: Mila_
I just posted the link as a publicly available proof of concept that is possible to send user accounts to a room. These are gray users and anonymous but it's definitely possible to use such a software for accounts with tokens too.

For studios I can defiantly see this being a thing, it's a pretty small investment into tokens to get bots with token accounts if your spreading the cost through an entire studio

And sure it's harder that users find your room on page 35 of cb. Generally though that no place is ever guaranteed is part of the cb concept. CB should just get rid of the "page principle", make it a long scrollable list for example.

I hate sites that do this.... there are a lot of links that I use in the footers of websites, like links to the affiliate programs, and it's so annoying when you get to the footer and it loads in a bunch of new content meaning you have to start scrolling again.

I know this has been talked about a lot in recent weeks but it only started to affect me heavily the past few days and I'm pretty disappointed in how the new algorithm works and imo does not show if a model is "successful" or deserves to be on a certain page. People ask why it matters which page you are on but if CB is a main source of income, it does matter because page number and placement often times has a heavy impact on income.

I am fairly used to maintaining a minimum certain number of viewers in my room no matter what and yesterday the viewership was cut in half for several HOURS. Of course this low number will appear often times for perhaps 30 minutes or an hour but for 3+ hours, no matter what I did, I could not have this number go up. I couldn't understand. Then all of a sudden, it skyrocketed by 100-200 in a few minutes (after being online for 3+ hours). Unfortunately I can't remember what exactly happened at that point (to be honest an hour earlier I emailed CB complaining and perhaps they say it and took off whatever limit was on my account) but it would make sense that this was the point that I was starting to get heavily tipped.

It would go along with the theory that tips have something to do with page placement and/or promotion of room... not to do with how many tips you get over time but how many tips you're getting in your room at the time. So if you make usually 100,000 tips in 2 weeks... it doesn't matter... if you're making no tips in an hour or two, or whatever time frame the algorithm dictates, you will not be promoted heavily on the site and thus your placement will go down.

I find this unfair if its true because there are plenty of times that a show will start off slow and then after an hour or two become very very heavily tipped. A lot of viewers come online at first to chat, and then when they're ready, they start to tip. So let's say that the show yesterday was slow for a few hours, this should not affect my placement on the page... how is that fair? Especially if I'm in general a high earner. This indicates that if a model is getting tipped constantly and steadily only then is she/he successful. It seems wrong.

Another thing I'm wondering about is if bitrate affects the stream. Yesterday and the day before in the beginning of my stream I had several bitrate problems. I didn't restart the stream but the bitrate evened out. It was after this that my viewer count didn't move for hours and hours. I'm wondering if its happened to you guys.

I don't think this new algorithm makes sense because in this way, only very successful models will reach the top.. almost like only favoring the rich and not allowing newer models (I'm talking a year old vs 5 years) to reach the top if they keep getting pushed down and down if they're not getting constantly tipped.

I wouldn't care about any of this but I am newish (9 months) and it really affected my token amount, especially in the last few days. I don't want to have to show skin or promise to show skin immediately upon arriving on cam just to get people to tip! I love spending the first hour or so chatting. It used to work :(

I don't watch the first page as much as I should, but if you guys have any more theories or communication with CB or more information would be cool if you shared.

Thanks for listening :h:

Reactions: Mila_
I don't watch the first page as much as I should, but if you guys have any more theories or communication with CB or more information would be cool if you shared.
I understand you perfectly. I have the same problem. Is there any person from @Chaturbate who could be honest and write us how this algorithm works?

Another thing I'm wondering about is if bitrate affects the stream. Yesterday and the day before in the beginning of my stream I had several bitrate problems. I didn't restart the stream but the bitrate evened out. It was after this that my viewer count didn't move for hours and hours. I'm wondering if its happened to you guys.

Yes connection issues can negatively impact your position but not for long unless it just keeps happening to you every few minutes.

I understand you perfectly. I have the same problem. Is there any person from @Chaturbate who could be honest and write us how this algorithm works?

I am 99.99% sure they are not going to tell us that information.

I didn't say room position is not important. I said cb should consider getting rid of pages altogether OR give users more options on how rooms are sorted.or put more rooms on one page. Just because cb has always had pages does not mean they need pages forever.

I think the fight against bot accounts cannot be won. Therefore cb should look at other ways.

Personally I don't think any kind of token earning ratio plays a role in current placement. It's still sorted by users in the room but users get different values by some criteria, that I do not know.

They could tell it. On MFC everybody know how it works (camscore), on Stripchat also. Personally I think that they sort room by users tokens on account.

They could tell it. On MFC everybody know how it works (camscore), on Stripchat also. Personally I think that they sort room by users tokens on account.

its not a camscore system though and personally I absolutely hate that method.

they can't tell you, the recent changes have been to deter abuse. Its definitely not by user tokens on account.

its not a camscore system though and personally I absolutely hate that method.

they can't tell you, the recent changes have been to deter abuse. Its definitely not by user tokens on account.

For me its count on two way, simple way:
- user how many tokens has or
- violet and pink users (take a look that on second page are people with 5-7 pink/violet users) on 3-4 page these pink/violet users usually are 3-5.

I tested with my violet users friends it, they came in to room which I said and from 15 page this girl migrated to 5. I choose very cheap reasolution room, was bad light. My 4 violet friends logged to the same room girl. The same was when only 2 my friends logged to her room- she jump to 7.

So for me its easy- rooms are count by tokens users or by violet/pink users.

Can somebody check it by yourself and tell me what think about this idea?

Last edited:
I tested with my friends it, they came in to room which I said and from 15 page this girl migrated to 5. I choose very cheap reasolution room, was bad light. My 4 violet friends logged to the same room girl. The same was when only 2 my friends logged to her room- she jump to 7.

So for me its easy- rooms are count by tokens users or by violet/pink users.

Can somebody check it by yourself and tell me what this about this idea?

While I think weighing a room with active tipping users is a good idea since to rewards conversion and having regulars I don't think they would use a system that simple. Also it would paint even bigger targets on light/dark purple users than what already exist. I remember going dark purple once and mods and blues literally trying to egg me on in every model room expecting me to make it the campaign room for them. It's shocking how negative people get towards purples and most models just let it happen.

While I think weighing a room with active tipping users is a good idea since to rewards conversion and having regulars I don't think they would use a system that simple. Also it would paint even bigger targets on light/dark purple users than what already exist. I remember going dark purple once and mods and blues literally trying to egg me on in every model room expecting me to make it the campaign room for them. It's shocking how negative people get towards purples and most models just let it happen.

I don't see how being a color rank would affect anything for placement.
There are many of us that choose to hide their real color and change to dark or light blue.

The sort users by tokens option that a broadcaster has. Is that sort users by how much they tipped you in x-timeframe? Or, how much they have sitting in their accounts?

I don't see how being a color rank would affect anything for placement.
There are many of us that choose to hide their real color and change to dark or light blue.

The sort users by tokens option that a broadcaster has. Is that sort uses by how much they tipped you in x-timeframe? Or, how much they have sitting in their accounts?
Model can sort users by tokens- it mean how actually every user have tokens.

It's either a bug or the "super" promoted (read: embedded on many affiliates aka "current top room" in affiliates) top room with 20,000 or more viewers does not exist anymore with the viewer numbers the way we knew it. Maybe someone can shed some light on it?

Wow, this thread is educational! I don't cam in the big leagues of even 100 viewers most days so I depend on other means to get room traffic.
And scripts to record shows?? No wonder my shows have ended up on strange subscription-based pirate sites. Yeesh.
I wonder...if I use the CB "block anon" app (or bot, don't remember), will it block the user of that script?

It will stop the bot recordings but it will also remove you from the normal cb page and put you on the "private show" page as long as the bot is running. Sucks.

The title is self-explanatory.

I'm a mod of a model that is reaching 200,000 followers and for sure by the end of the year probably 300k+.

She usually as she starts the stream has between 300-500 viewers in the first minutes an average of 1,200 viewers/night and top of 10k+ in some really good day. But since some months ago we are seeing a drastic reduction in the number of viewers, struggling to reach even 600-700 viewers in some days and since I check other rooms constantly to see trends and the average number of viewers on, at least in the rooms of the front page, I'm noticing this with other models as well, no matter the show style, age, number of followers, etc.

Probably the only way you are getting 500 viewers in a few minutes is to allow CB to promote your page on third party sites. That means most of those users are a black box that can be manipulated by CB in many different ways. They can change their algorithm, or lose a marketing relationship with a promoting website, and all of that results in your having fewer users channeled to your room. The only point to make here is that you cannot assume in this case that CB has less traffic.

Now think about page placement on CB. The way it used to work was that placement on your own gender tab depended on the number of registered users in your room. Placement on the featured tab was some combination of number of registered users and tips that you are receiving. Neither of those should fluctuate based on the number of anonymous viewers that show up based on your page being promoted by CB on third party sites.

But this whole situation with how CB ranks pages just kind of smells. I think CB needs to make a decision about whether it values quality performances or not. If what you value is quality then they need to reward model rooms based on the amounts users spend. Make the criteria complex so it is hard to game, but obviously you do not want to base page rank on "number of registered users in a room" because that is easily gamed. I would go further and say you do not even want to base page rank on the "number of registered users who tip in a room". Because even that will be gamed. Studio owners will calculate the marginal value of a user and be willing to pay bot writers any value lower than that marginal value, to boost their page rank. If I were writing that algorithm, I might even filter out anyone who tips less than N tokens in a room and only count the tips from the highest tippers. The point would be to design the system so that a cheating studio pays more money than they make in order to affect page rank.

The final point on all of this is that models who promote themselves through CB's affiliates currently can only monetize that traffic by using affiliate links in their profiles. The most amazing thing is that most models fail to do that. Even some of these studios that buy bots apparently fail to monetize that traffic. There seems to be a lot of really pointless activity on the CB site, where everyone is paying for users who they then fail to monetize. Makes you scratch your head.

watch again without choosing "prioritize' HD cameras.
Hourly contest and site wall are more coherent

That's an interesting point, it does seem like 4k is prioritized over 1080p. And 1080p seems prioritized over 720p or 420p.
I'm amazed at how much of CB is now 1080p.

Reactions: DoD404
Whatever the changes, my average hourly income and viewers has definitely gone up. This is an industry where you have to adapt though if you’re noticing a downward trend. Change your hustle, update your lighting, equipment etc, even small things like new and fresh decor can bump some things up. I’m about to adapt again so I can stay on cam longer than 3 hours at a time. Don’t always blame others if your stuff isn’t working. Could be your show is getting stale. Every time I’ve had issues with algorithms or general setbacks, I’ve changed my hustle and I usually make more after some momentum. If you’re bored, your viewers are probably too.

watch again without choosing "prioritize' HD cameras.
Hourly contest and site wall are more coherent

Does anyone know how long they have been giving priority to 1080P over 720P? Get this: on the Featured tab I had to go to page 6 to just start to view anyone with a 720P camera. On the Female tab I had to go to page 4.

You are right you can make things more fair by deselecting the HD checkbox, but my question is who does that? My guess is 95% of the viewers never look or care about such things. They accept defaults. And the above page rank behavior implies that any model not running 1080P is at a huge disadvantage.

Reactions: NotYou
Status
Not open for further replies.