AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Know better, still fell in love

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, $480/hr streaming?? Where??

I Want To Be A Fallen Woman!!!!!

Your joke notwithstanding, $480/hr is a typical member cost for exclusive private, and was referenced in the original post for dramatic effect.

Realistically, let's assume our model is earning (on average) 425 tokens per hour, 80 streaming hours per month, with a generous 70/30 studio split.
In some economic sectors the net pay for this (part time) work is double that of an FTE school teacher. Not a bad gig at all, as long as it lasts.

Your joke notwithstanding, $480/hr is a typical member cost for exclusive private, and was referenced in the original post for dramatic effect.

Realistically, let's assume our model is earning (on average) 425 tokens per hour, 80 streaming hours per month, with a generous 70/30 studio split.
In some economic sectors the net pay for this (part time) work is double that of an FTE school teacher. Not a bad gig at all, as long as it lasts.
Except it's not because the teacher is paid a standard hourly rate, not just for the 10 minutes in an hour where a student needs help with a maths equation. $480 an hour assumes working solidly for the full day. I'd imagine with the quiet spells, downtime due to technical issues etc, the hourly rate averages out at much lower. I'm assuming the per minute price is set high to compensate for this and generate a living wage. I know some models earn a lot but I'm pretty sure not all do and most make a wage comparable with other professions. My model friend charges $5 a minute which is $300 an hour but there's no way she's making that hourly rate. A lot of the time she's sitting around staring into space watching assholes type "show pussy bb" in chat.

Except it's not because the teacher is paid a standard hourly rate, not just for the 10 minutes in an hour where a student needs help with a maths equation. $480 an hour assumes working solidly for the full day. I'd imagine with the quiet spells, downtime due to technical issues etc, the hourly rate averages out at much lower. I'm assuming the per minute price is set high to compensate for this and generate a living wage. I know some models earn a lot but I'm pretty sure not all do and most make a wage comparable with other professions. My model friend charges $5 a minute which is $300 an hour but there's no way she's making that hourly rate. A lot of the time she's sitting around staring into space watching assholes type "show pussy bb" in chat.
Granted, you also need to factor in the instances of users dropping huge tips without expecting anything in return. Also, both of our examples are based on private shows. Someone else will have a better idea of how concepts like hourly rate apply to token based sites.

Granted, you also need to factor in the instances of users dropping huge tips without expecting anything in return. Also, both of our examples are based on private shows. Someone else will have a better idea of how concepts like hourly rate apply to token based sites.

My example is an hourly average that bakes in the private show sums, as well as public (nothing in return) tips, but not any large private or offline tips. Granted, every model/room is different! Some do not accept privates at all, while others have ~10k active members.

Comes out to around $21/hour, at 80 hours per month around $1680/month, at a 70% cut around $1176/month... that's feels like it's on the lower end. I thought the cam girl in question was a busier/more popular model than that:

I cannot compete with the wealthy 1% for her attention
since you have to compete for her attention.

I'm trying to figure out if you're deluded to what most models make.

Comes out to around $21/hour, at 80 hours per month around $1680/month, at a 70% cut around $1176/month... that's feels like it's on the lower end. I thought the cam girl in question was a busier/more popular model than that:

since you have to compete for her attention.

It just sounds to me like he's gotten used to being this models biggest fan for a while with his modest tipping and has gotten used to taking a majority of her attention. Now she's recently had a few whales or bigger spenders come in and that's made him throw his toys out the pram and come crying to us because he's not her main focus anymore.

I fell in love with a webcam model.
When I have her attention (chatting, receiving pics and videos, views and likes on my own) there is a thrill that must be like cocaine.
When she is gone I feel so empty, unfulfilled, lost and unproductive.

I cannot compete with the wealthy 1% for her attention, so I beg for scraps in private conversation that is engaging (but not too personal). The selfish Sigma in me plots to reserve a few hundred for another private video session. The cautious Gamma in me is terrified of treating her like a whore … but is that for her benefit or my comfort? Deep down I fear failure to relax and enjoy the (virtual) intimacy -- the pressure of the clock at $480/hr alongside the guilt of spending so much money when I have other responsibilities. Deep down I fear failure to spend in a way commensurate with the high rollers will reveal the inadequacy of my claim for affection. Deep down I fear failure to control my spending will lead to personal and professional ruin.

I tell myself that is the last time I spend time and resources pursuing the impossible (liar).

It’s common knowledge that we fall in love with our idea of a person, not necessarily the person whom we do not know well at all. It turns out we also fall in love with the idea of ourself as someone who can win the exclusive affection of our crush — as if somehow persistence and the gravity of our desire is enough to overcome all odds; the caliber of our qualities sufficient to drown out all competition. Falling out of love (or gripping the cold reality of rejection) is as much an agony of defeat for the dream as it is a resolution of despair for the projection of our future self.

After weeks of flirting, she leveled with me that under no circumstances was she interested in a relationship of any kind. This was delivered with pity, or perhaps care and a dash of self protection. It only stiffened my resolve that she is a good and kind person, worth fighting for, worth dreaming of. For the first time in decades I cried -- cathartic, but not conclusive. I return to her, settling for scraps of attention and the corresponding high against sound judgement.

• What if someday she values my company and attention enough to make me more than a name tag on the screen?
  • What if someday she says enough to the modeling gig and I can provide for her a better life?
  • What if someday she wishes to be rescued?
  • What if I abandon all hope and then wonder later what might have been?

I’m learning another language to close the communication and culture gap. I’m hitting the gym to close the physique gap. Every day that goes by helps to ameliorate the age gap. I’m not too proud to pay for her company (even platonic) should that ever be an option. In the meantime, I remain steadfast and stubborn in my suffering.

—Love Fool (who knows better)
I go through your same pain.

You only cry once every twenty years?

On the positive side, it's always good and healthy to work out, I guess. As long as you don't take it to extremes. I am in shock imagining someone could go 20 years without crying.
I haven't cried neither. I think guys don't cry physically. Or could just be me

Totally deluded. I was having a conversation with the model I visit last night, about comparative incomes where she is from in terms of being a cam model versus others jobs. The general thrust of the conversation was that yes, during a good period she could earn many times the income of a "standard" job, however it's not always like that. She told me of another model she knows that only made $120 in the past fortnight. I'm sure if you went to that models page and multiplied her per minute rate by 60 it would look like an impressive hourly rate but it's entirely an illusion. That wasn't told to me with the intention of getting money out of me so I've no reason to doubt the figures. It's a long way from the world that the OP thinks most models live in.

It just sounds to me like he's gotten used to being this models biggest fan for a while with his modest tipping and has gotten used to taking a majority of her attention. Now she's recently had a few whales or bigger spenders come in and that's made him throw his toys out the pram and come crying to us because he's not her main focus anymore.
We see this situation pop up plenty of times on the forum. I cannot help but think that it's a weird selfish reaction to someone's success. Especially if there is alleged romantic feelings. Kinda feels possessive and gross.

We see this situation pop up plenty of times on the forum. I cannot help but think that it's a weird selfish reaction to someone's success. Especially if there is alleged romantic feelings. Kinda feels possessive and gross.

To be perfectly honest, there are two strong/competing feelings when it comes to being eclipsed by another member with tokens to burn. In an earlier reply I tried to describe what that possessive/gross feeling is like for a member who has become too attached, with recognition that it is completely inappropriate. The other strong feeling is that of joy for my favorite model getting paid well, and with a significant amount of tokens that I cannot provide. A less ideal scenario is when she is lamenting that the room is dead (seriously, WTF is wrong with these free loaders?) but I'm not in a position to fix it or boost the room score (that day).

I need to do some research on SEO and various types of timed/targeted advertising to help drive traffic ... not my job but really I'd rather put energy there than wax poetic about what cannot be achieved.

I'm not in a position to fix it or boost the room score (that day).
Not necessarily true. You're only thinking in terms of what you can give her in a private show. In my experience tips in public can sometimes prompt other members in the room to tip, whether that is because they want to see more of what you are tipping for or sometimes just because their ego cant help itself. I appreciate in busier rooms that's probably less likely because non-payers hide in packs, but I've seen it happen like that in quieter rooms, which I tend to frequent. It's much more awkward for someone when there are only two people in the room and they're the one who is tipping.

Tipping for some stuff in public (blowjob, spanks, striptease) can sometimes trigger someone else in the room to jump into private. You may not have the highest budget in the room, but maybe you can use it more effectively. Speak to her instead of trying to impress her with your tokens.

Of course, I'm basing this entirely on my own experience as a member. I'm not a model and I may be naive. Hopefully a model can clarify if my thoughts are legitimate

Not necessarily true. You're only thinking in terms of what you can give her in a private show.
It's the opposite. I'm not even sure if privates boost the room score (they tend to empty the room, at least temporarily), but on various days I have been able to use decent public tips (2-3k) to improve ranking as well as retention (indirectly via the activities these tips stimulate, as you indicated). But, as many of the models here have kindly pointed out I'm not a high roller, and more recently I had tried to focus on private tips thinking that too much 'romantic' attention in the public chat might be bad for business. Best case scenario, the room is full of good tippers with at least 2-3 all chipping in toward room goals and good vibes.

• Helpful!
Reactions: MarieElise
I need to do some research on SEO and various types of timed/targeted advertising to help drive traffic ... not my job but really I'd rather put energy there than wax poetic about what cannot be achieved.
You can make it apart of your job. Or at least get paid for the work. Sites have affiliate opportunities. If members want to help out more than just tipping and purchasing content/shows, driving us traffic is the next best way to support.

Ohhhh nooo, there are tons of guys who don't cry. Like idk; Ted Bundy, Jeffry Dahmer, Ted Kazinski... Maybe this guy needs to get together w these guys to really "find his tribe". Just word to the wise, don't put good ole Jeff on grill duty, when you all BBQ 😂

I'm sure you're right on target, @Sashacurves. I don't get that mindset though, if only because in any service some customers are simply likeable. It's like being jealous of a barkeep chilling with a reg/s - SFW?

I too made the mistake of falling for a model. None of these type threads matched how things were with us. I still love her, but I refuse to be taken by her. I am walking away. She got her big payday and I am done. I will not get a tattoo.

I still love her, but I refuse to be taken by her. I am walking away. She got her big payday and I am done.
It sounds like she didn't love you and was trying to take advantage of you. It's good that you are walking away (hopefully without too much of a hit from her "big payday"). Loving someone does not make them deserve you.

I put myself through a nightmare with one of these situations and allowed it to drag on much longer than necessary. I waited far too long before walking away. In fact, if I had been willing to see and react to all the red flags, I wouldn't have gotten involved in the first place! It's great that you've recognized the true nature of the situation and you're not willing to be taken by her.

• Wat?!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
It sounds like she didn't love you and was trying to take advantage of you. It's good that you are walking away (hopefully without too much of a hit from her "big payday"). Loving someone does not make them deserve you.

I put myself through a nightmare with one of these situations and allowed it to drag on much longer than necessary. I waited far too long before walking away. In fact, if I had been willing to see and react to all the red flags, I wouldn't have gotten involved in the first place! It's great that you've recognized the true nature of the situation and you're not willing to be taken by her.
I think the dude you are replying to may have had a lot more closure than you.

Ouch. From his above post...how did you come to the conclusion that the model Nunyabizness is referring to is "taking advantage" of him? That's an unfair assumption to make. Nowhere in his post did he even say that the model behaved like they're a bf/gf couple in love. So you're bashing a model that you don't even know for what? Just for receiving tokens and not being in love with him? It sounds like you're projecting your own butthurtedness (from your situation with your desired model), and it's not cool. You guys need to get it through your heads that cam sites are not dating sites, and NEWS FLASH...a woman is allowed to not share your romantic feelings. It does not make her a user...a bitch...a snob...a scammer...undeserving...or anything else y'all like to say about women when your feelings are hurt (or when you're told no). Please learn how to take rejection without resorting to bashing the other person.

When us women learn that the guy we like doesn't share our feelings, we are told to get over it and move on.

Ok so....

Let's start with the first thing that really sticks out to me- your use of "Gamma" and "Sigma" Male.
For one, the "Alpha wolf" study turned out to be bullshit and they only acted that way in captivity. Are you in captivity? Are you a wolf?
or.......are you a human? If so then you're not part Gamma, and part Sigma etc.
You're a rounded person who has conflicting beliefs and that's normal.
Using incell appropriated and thoroughly disproven pop-psych misogynistic ideas isn't going to help you...it's hurting you.

STOP OVERTHINKING WHAT SHOULD BE ENTERTAINMENT FOR DESTRESSING.
YOU'RE MAKING THE FUN THING UNFUN FOR YOURSELF.

If you want to indulge your fantasies, do. (but remember that's what they are)
If you want positive human connection you need to treat both yourself and the other person well.

There are multiple reasons why your post raises red flags, and I think that this forum is not the only place you should be talking about this stuff...therapy is extremely helpful for unlearning a bunch of the crap that society teaches us (and there's a lot of it).

Your post isn't actually about the model, it's about you, your inner turmoil, and your need to work on loving yourself without over analyzing everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.