AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Laptop stuck in sleep mode

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KristinKervz

Cam Model
Mar 9, 2011
Florida
kervyfans.com
Twitter Username
@KristinKervz
Tumblr Username
KristinKervz
Streamate Username
KristinKervz
Chaturbate Username
KristinKervz
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/466735/Kristin-Kervz/
It will power off and on, but when I turn it on, it won't start up completely. The screen stays black, but all the lights turn on, and the caps lock and num lock lights blink repeatedly.
Some people have advised me to leave the battery out for 20 minutes or so, put it back in and then see what it does. It did the same thing.

My poor dear laptop... it has so many important documents plus I can't cam without it! Right now I'm on a friends computer. Any suggestions, anyone?

So sad :crybaby:

:think: try throwing a bucket of cold water on it to wake it up

(sorry couldn't resist)

I have no experience with laptops but flashing lights like that is usually an error code for a technician (number of flashes, pauses, etc), and the fact that it doesn't just tell you onscreen what the problem is likely means it can't - so it's likely a fairly basic and critical error that prevents booting (bios/motherboard) and you need to take it to a service center.

Like Bawksy said they can get the stuff off your hard drive if the computer is dead and too expensive to fix.

Do you get any smart errors when you boot ? that is a sign your harddrive is about to die and in order to keep the files on it you must replace it.Also listen carefully do you hear any beeps ? they can give an identication as to what the problem is but that is brand specific (eg dell beeps are different then hp beeps for example).Try to put a windows cd in that laptop and boot from it and run startup repair.A black screen also could indicate your graphics card is broken.Time togo to a shop ...Do you hear any sounds coming from your harddrive ?

I repair computers so lemme take a stab at this one.

I've seen this before a few times. What I would do is first get ahold of a computer monitor and plug it into the VGA out port on the laptop. Start it up.
If the monitor comes to life and gives you a startup screen or a boot screen or something useful, navigate around whatever you see to get it to boot up. If you get a pic, it might just be a black screen with some lines on it asking if you wanna boot in safe mode yada yada yada.

Point is, you'll know the laptop screen is shot.

If that doesnt work, flip it over, start taking off the access panels. Pop the battery out, remove the RAM, remove the hard drive. Make sure all the little connections are dry and clean. Make sure someone hasnt secretly spilled something on the thing and not told you. Put it all back together, fire it up.
Works? Yippee!
Doesn't work? Shit.
I had a dell do this to me and it ended up being a bad HD. A new one fixed it. It had a flashing key on it too but I dont remember which one.

It's a process of elimination once you re seat the cards and the drive and inspect it for secret spills of unknown origin.

If it normally beeped while it was starting up, and now it doesnt, it could be the HD.... or the CPU... or a power supply failure. A bad power supply circuit will do the same thing a bad PSU will do in a desktop, that being start and just sit there sans post beeps.

You might get lucky and find it's a bad monitor and the desktop monitor plugged into it will get you back in business. Reseating all the plugged in bits might work too.
If you have 2 RAMs in there try removing one. Start it. then swap it for the other in the same slot, try again. keep swapping the ram modules around and restarting and you MIGHT get lucky and find a bad ram slot or a bad ram unit.

A HD you'd have to gamble and buy one to try swapping it, unless you have another laptop that is compatible with that HD model, and see if that HD spins up and boots a different computer.

If all else fails, think of it as a good excuse to go buy yourself a nice new laptop.... with a long long extended warranty.
:thumbleft:

Reactions: KristinKervz
Thank you all so much! I'm not sure exactly where all those parts are and it would be too diffucult to look up on my phone, so when my friend comes over to look at my laptop, ill show him all of your advice. Thank you thank you thank you! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.