AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

A specific camgirl's room is always in slow-motion with NO audio.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 8, 2023
Hey guys,

I watch one girl on Chaturbate, but as of late her show is more often than not in slow-motion and there is NO audio. This never used to be an issue until lately. When this occurs, her show won't even load on my phone or any other device. My internet connection is fine also. I have quickly joined other girl's rooms and their show is fine, although I haven't hung around to see whether their show turns into the slow-motion at some point. This has been super frustrating, and the girl I see can see me perfectly when we do C2C.

I will add that it is almost as if the stream "player" seems to change when this happens too (I wish I had taken screenshots but I will remember to take them and post them later). So generally the stream player is normally just the show, with the volume slider on the bottom left, and the HD button on the bottom right. HOWEVER, when the slow-motion occurs, the stream player seems to change - the volume slider is still bottom left, but on the bottom right the "HD" button disappears and is replaced with "Theatre Mode" and "Full Screen", and of course there is no audio. The stream is basically in slow-motion and extremely stuttery from that point onwards. Sometimes it will return back to normal if I close and reopen my browser enough lol but it is usually ineffective.

This has been EXTREMELY frustrating. Thanks in advance!

This will happen in most rooms I think. I don't think it has anything to do with the streamers connection, I have had it happen to me while others seemed unaffected.

What you can do, instead of refreshing, is tap the volume icon, that will refresh the video feed, you might have to do it a couple of times.

Upvote 0
Having just upgraded to fiber internet and had no problems whatsoever and zero complaints, it might be her internet and CB glitching.

Upvote 0
This is happening in a lot of rooms, including mine sometimes. I was in a model friend's chatroom and she was "slow-mo" with no sound, then glitchy, then normal. She was in mine and I was also glitching for her. We were trying to figure it out, but her stream was fine for other viewers. So good she was able to take a couple privates and I still couldn't get a stable connection to her room, and she to mine.

I did some troubleshooting connecting to different CB servers to stream and it doesn't seem to help. Then yesterday, it's all good again. 🤷‍♂️

Upvote 0
It happens to me when my connection is very slow, the video switches to this player you are describing, and I need to refresh the page to switch back to the "normal" player with sound.
I am pretty sure this happens on your side, not on the model's side (either your connection is slow, or the connection between CB servers and your place). You should stay on other rooms a while to confirm it happens as well

Upvote 0
Once up on a time when MFC was optimizing their video player system for people with lower internet/etc, I think members were running into this as well. It tries to auto switch you to a more stable player, but it isn't always the smartest lol.

I wonder if that's what CB is doing right now, without any notice to the members that it's happening or how to switch to the video player that you prefer.

Upvote 0
This is def a CB problem. I'm on 1GB fiber optic internet. I get this happening when I'm on WiFi or ethernet. When I am lagging and skipping my speed tests show 400-500 up/down and 900/1GB up/down.

Upvote 0
This issue was really bad last night in the models’ room I was visiting.

Through trial and error, we determined it was not my internet (or anyone else’s, since others in her room reported the same issue) since I could see other models’ streams pretty well (and other live video on different websites). At times when the video froze or pixelated, it was captured in her actual CB thumbnail preview image too. She tried abandoning OBS, tried reducing her resolution, rebooting her equipment, etc. While on OBS, she couldn’t get around the freezing/slo motion issue. While not on OBS, she was getting intermittent pixelation to ridiculous extremes (couldn’t even see her face).

She usually has no issues streaming up to 7 hours a day, but she was forced to give up on it last night. Who knows how much money she may have missed out on. If it’s a cb issue, I hope they fix it quickly.

Upvote 0
I know this thread is a couple of months old, but I'll throw in my two cents.

I've seen similar happen (on MFC) when the output and video bitrate is set too high in OBS for the model's upstream bandwidth. The stream lagged so much that it took several minutes for a tip for any response on the video stream. So I think the model needs to reduce the bitrate of the video and output as changing the resolution may not change the bitrate. OBS's default is something like 10000bps, which could overwhelm some upstream bandwidth.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.