AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is it possible to bring down the ranking of a room? (negative manipulation)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 26, 2020
TLDR: Studio boss harasses girl that started independent account. Her placement on site dosen't add up with the stats. Could he be bringing down the ranking of her account?

Hi

So a model I follow recently came back to CB after a few months off.
Previously she had been with a studio but now she's streaming as an independent model.

Her old boss does not like the fact that she's back and independent.
We've already seen him with multiple accounts in chat giving negative feedback and leaving down votes.
What I am curious about is how much more negative stuff he can possible do to the room.
He has previously threaten her that he can bring down her room.
Normally I would see that as an empty threat but there is some suspicious things going on.

Now that she is back she has the "New" tag which should be somewhat beneficial.
But even more importantly she still has quite a few old followers that watches and tips her.
I would say she averages 10-20k tokens a night.
But even with that I find her around page 30-40 on CB and she says her ranking is N/A or 2500+ after several hours online.
From what I know about the CB algorithm, this dosen't seem right.

So, question is, could the old boss be bringing down her ranking somehow?
Or is that unheard of?
I really don't know but I am very curious.
Or maybe there's another good explanation that I haven't considered.

Fun stuff, right? Couldn't possibly be that she no longer has the advertising support she once had but I guarantee she has 3000 less bots in her room. ;)
For sure I am not expecting her to hit her old numbers.
But based on tips, tokenholders and viewers I would expect her to be a lot higher.

Upvote 0
TLDR: Studio boss harasses girl that started independent account. Her placement on site dosen't add up with the stats. Could he be bringing down the ranking of her account?

Hi

So a model I follow recently came back to CB after a few months off.
Previously she had been with a studio but now she's streaming as an independent model.

Her old boss does not like the fact that she's back and independent.
We've already seen him with multiple accounts in chat giving negative feedback and leaving down votes.
What I am curious about is how much more negative stuff he can possible do to the room.
He has previously threaten her that he can bring down her room.
Normally I would see that as an empty threat but there is some suspicious things going on.

Now that she is back she has the "New" tag which should be somewhat beneficial.
But even more importantly she still has quite a few old followers that watches and tips her.
I would say she averages 10-20k tokens a night.
But even with that I find her around page 30-40 on CB and she says her ranking is N/A or 2500+ after several hours online.
From what I know about the CB algorithm, this dosen't seem right.

So, question is, could the old boss be bringing down her ranking somehow?
Or is that unheard of?
I really don't know but I am very curious.
Or maybe there's another good explanation that I haven't considered.

Dont use contest ranking, how many colored names does she have in the room? whats her best ranking for the day on cbhours?

The odds are incredibly slim that the studio boss has figured out a way to negatively impact her rooms positioning.

Upvote 0
For sure I am not expecting her to hit her old numbers.
But based on tips, tokenholders and viewers I would expect her to be a lot higher.
Depends on how many rooms are online at the time plus a slew of other things that I don't feel like opening the can of worms over (everyone has their own theory about how it works, including myself). I've never focused on page rank, honestly. Token metrics are far more important to me. I've seen rooms with 10,000 people in them make less (in public chat, doesn't include privates/sales of content/offline tips) than I did that day. All that matters to me is I made my money so maybe I'm not the best one to be commenting on the topic. :)

Reactions: DogSauce
Upvote 0
Dont use contest ranking, how many colored names does she have in the room? whats her best ranking for the day on cbhours?

The odds are incredibly slim that the studio boss has figured out a way to negatively impact her rooms positioning.
Nice little plug for CBhours;)
Best rank is about 300.
On average for these days she's at like 450.

I am an occam's razor type of guy too so I am not saying the boss did figure it out.
But since he said he could one can't help but wonder if there was any truth to it.

Upvote 0
Depends on how many rooms are online at the time plus a slew of other things that I don't feel like opening the can of worms over (everyone has their own theory about how it works, including myself). I've never focused on page rank, honestly. Token metrics are far more important to me. I've seen rooms with 10,000 people in them make less (in public chat, doesn't include privates/sales of content/offline tips) than I did that day. All that matters to me is I made my money so maybe I'm not the best one to be commenting on the topic. :)
For sure there are many factors that goes into it.
I largely share your oppinion in terms of what's important (I am not a model though).
Better placement on page and more viewers does't equal better income.
It does however mean that you have a larger net to fish with.

Upvote 0
For sure there are many factors that goes into it.
I largely share your oppinion in terms of what's important (I am not a model though).
Better placement on page and more viewers does't equal better income.
It does however mean that you have a larger net to fish with.
Doesn't matter how large the net is if it's cast in the wrong direction.

Upvote 0
True. And you need skill and experience to secure a whale.
I'm not sure that I agree with that part. While everyone can usually catch a whale during their "new" period, there were plenty of whales who swam by and threw thousands of tokens at me at time when I was still very stupid and naive about some things in the business. They found that to be refreshing. So, the moral of that story is it really has more to do with timing than anything else. Had I chose to log in at a different time on those days we may never have crossed paths.

There is such a thing as overthinking this business to the point you make no money at all because you're juggling metrics and what not.

Was she going into a studio every day or broadcasting from home through a studio?

Upvote 0
I'm not sure that I agree with that part. While everyone can usually catch a whale during their "new" period, there were plenty of whales who swam by and threw thousands of tokens at me at time when I was still very stupid and naive about some things in the business. They found that to be refreshing. So, the moral of that story is it really has more to do with timing than anything else. Had I chose to log in at a different time on those days we may never have crossed paths.

There is such a thing as overthinking this business to the point you make no money at all because you're juggling metrics and what not.

Was she going into a studio every day or broadcasting from home through a studio?
Well that goes back to the "bigger net" allegory.
But sure, timing and luck will always be a thing.

She cammed at a studio for about 2 years and then 2 years from home.

Upvote 0
Well that goes back to the "bigger net" allegory.
But sure, timing and luck will always be a thing.

She cammed at a studio for about 2 years and then 2 years from home.
You know, you guys could do all of us a favor and put these timelines down in your original post so we don't waste time like this. It's been 2 years. Why are you asking now? What studio would focus on an ex-model for TWO YEARS?!

Upvote 0
You know, you guys could do all of us a favor and put these timelines down in your original post so we don't waste time like this. It's been 2 years. Why are you asking now? What studio would focus on an ex-model for TWO YEARS?!
That's not what I meant.
Missunderstood your question.
She still had the studio account during all those 4 years.
I thought the situation was fairly well accounted for in the first post.

Reactions: Nick1218
Upvote 0
That's not what I meant.
Missunderstood your question.
She still had the studio account during all those 4 years.
I thought the situation was fairly well accounted for in the first post.
Ok. Well, she needs to change up her hashtags and use the Promote Room feature as often as she's comfortable paying for it (with tokens).

I ask the room to pay for my promotions. It's between 50 and 100 tokens.

Upvote 0
If her rank has gone down since leaving the studio, the most likely reason seems to me to be that the studio is no longer driving traffic to her room through marketing. That's one of the benefits of working for a studio after all. It doesn't have to be sabotage. It can just be that she's not getting the assistance they were previously giving her.

Upvote 0
Ok. Well, she needs to change up her hashtags and use the Promote Room feature as often as she's comfortable paying for it (with tokens).

I ask the room to pay for my promotions. It's between 50 and 100 tokens.
Yes she does use that.
But thanks for the advise.

I must point out tho that this is not a "why am I not getting any viewers" thread.
She is just scared that her boss is messing with her.
So I thought I'd hear you guys out if you thought it was possible.

Reactions: Nick1218
Upvote 0
Yes she does use that.
But thanks for the advise.

I must point out tho that this is not a "why am I not getting any viewers" thread.
She is just scared that her boss is messing with her.
So I thought I'd hear you guys out if you thought it was possible.
Definitive answer: No. It is not possible.

And yes it was a "why am I not getting page rank/viewers" thread. You specifically asked why her traffic wasn't the same and if someone was sabotaging her.

Upvote 0
If her rank has gone down since leaving the studio, the most likely reason seems to me to be that the studio is no longer driving traffic to her room through marketing. That's one of the benefits of working for a studio after all. It doesn't have to be sabotage. It can just be that she's not getting the assistance they were previously giving her.
That's totally true and most likely a part of the explanation.
Just trying to figure out if there is any faul play involved too :)

Upvote 0
Definitive answer: No. It is not possible.

And yes it was a "why am I not getting page rank/viewers" thread. You specifically asked why her traffic wasn't the same and if someone was sabotaging her.
If you say so.
I am not saying I know.

But the question I stated was clearly:
"So, question is, could the old boss be bringing down her ranking somehow?"

Upvote 0
If you say so.
I am not saying I know.

But the question I stated was clearly:
"So, question is, could the old boss be bringing down her ranking somehow?"
I have been a cam model on Chaturbate for 10 years. Unless the studio was literally stalking her to find her new room name or used some sort of facial recognition software (LOL I amuse myself) to try to find her, there is absolutely no way they could be sabotaging her rank or viewership and even then at most the only thing they can do is send PMs to people on a supporter account and tell everyone how awful she is, but she's making $500 to a $1000 a day? Yeah, that's not happening.

It is what it is, it may change one day, it may not. You stated you think she should be higher based on token holders, tips, and viewers that she should be higher. Yet she's not. No conspiracy is transpiring, that's where she rests on the site. Luck, timing, show content...yadda yadda yadda.

Upvote 0
I have been a cam model on Chaturbate for 10 years. Unless the studio was literally stalking her to find her new room name or used some sort of facial recognition software (LOL I amuse myself) to try to find her, there is absolutely no way they could be sabotaging her rank or viewership and even then at most the only thing they can do is send PMs to people on a supporter account and tell everyone how awful she is, but she's making $500 to a $1000 a day? Yeah, that's not happening.

It is what it is, it may change one day, it may not. You stated you think she should be higher based on token holders, tips, and viewers that she should be higher. Yet she's not. No conspiracy is transpiring, that's where she rests on the site. Luck, timing, show content...yadda yadda yadda.
I am not a fan of conspiracies either and I do know how this scenario sounds.
All it is is an open question to you guys with experience to see if it's possible or if you've seen anything similar before.

For sure the studio has found her, this much is evident as their accounts have been in the room.
But if all they can do is to leave down votes then that's not such a big deal.

Upvote 0
I am not a fan of conspiracies either and I do know how this scenario sounds.
All it is is an open question to you guys with experience to see if it's possible or if you've seen anything similar before.

For sure the studio has found her, this much is evident as their accounts have been in the room.
But if all they can do is to leave down votes then that's not such a big deal.
She can hide her score. If it falls below a certain percentage then tippers get a warning that she doesn't perform her menu, everyone ignores it.

Upvote 0
She can hide her score. If it falls below a certain percentage then tippers get a warning that she doesn't perform her menu, everyone ignores it.
Yes I know. I think it's at 80% down votes it becomes public?
They'd have to bombard her to achieve that.
And she'd make a token or two from them in the process.

Upvote 0
Yes I know. I think it's at 80% down votes it becomes public?
They'd have to bombard her to achieve that.
And she'd make a token or two from them in the process.
I think it's under 65%? Then it warns the tippers saying the room has a low satisfaction rating tip at your own risk.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.