AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

large tips

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Swarles123 said:
yossarian said:
With the #1 largest tip it looks like the guys pooled their resources and one guy made the tip.

This topic was on twitter last week.
if I am following the conversation, they are speaking about this tip, and it is the model herself (just after a name change) stating

everyone thinks [that a bunch of guys pooled their resources] but he was just recognizing my awesome regulars. The tip was all from him =O

https://twitter.com/DiamondsMJxoxo/stat ... 7457731585

I have heard (not in my room but others) members saying that they're one of the members who've put money forward for these big tips. I think it's become a way for lower tipping members to try and gain some of the tipping glory.
I can't really imagine a situation where a bunch of members who only know eachother from being in one room would send another member their tokens so that they could get the joy and glory of dropping such a big tip. I think it's best to tip your own tips with your own tokens, and if you do send tokens to another member then essentially those tokens become theirs.

Reactions: MsAllyCat
Swarles123 said:
yossarian said:
With the #1 largest tip it looks like the guys pooled their resources and one guy made the tip.

if I am following the conversation, they are speaking about this tip, and it is the model herself (just after a name change) stating

everyone thinks [that a bunch of guys pooled their resources] but he was just recognizing my awesome regulars. The tip was all from him =O

That's weird, because the guy who tipped it said in the tip note that it was on behalf of him and like a dozen other regulars (whom he listed by name). If it's a misconception, it's easy to see why from the tip note.

yossarian said:
Swarles123 said:
yossarian said:

That's weird, because the guy who tipped it said in the tip note that it was on behalf of him and like a dozen other regulars (whom he listed by name). If it's a misconception, it's easy to see why from the tip note.
I also know two of the people mentioned in the note and chatting in other rooms later they mentioned that yes indeed they had contributed.

JerryBoBerry said:
I also know two of the people mentioned in the note and chatting in other rooms later they mentioned that yes indeed they had contributed.

In this situation I'm more inclined to believe what the model said than the other guys mentioned in the tipnote. Maybe they did contribute, or maybe they'd just like people to think they contributed, but I can't see why the model would tell people it was all from that guy if it wasn't and risk pissing off other guys who did contribute. To me it sounds more like one person tipped it all but has left MFC and the other regulars mentioned in the tipnote are jumping on the bandwagon. As much as you can "know" people on MFC and frequent the same rooms, how much do you really know them?

Speaking of members tipping on someone else's behalf (and, by the way, I'm not a fan of this, and I have my reasons for it)...an MFC member new to my room tipped me once, and then this other member had the nerve to say to me "He tipped on my behalf. I told him to tip you." :roll: I figured he's full of shit, and I was right...the guy who actually tipped said he doesn't even know who that other guy is.

JerryBoBerry said:
Biggest I've ever seen was 467040. That was to TeamBob, aka MaryJanexoxo, currently MeaniePants. And far too many other monthly name changes to keep track of. :lol:
You witnessed that in person? :shock: I'm so jealous. I would have LOVED to see MJ's reaction but AFAIK there's not even a picture...

The largest tip I've seen happening was either 30,000 or 33,333, I'm not sure anymore. Her reaction was amazing and made me smile from ear to ear. I've seen a couple tips over 10k happening, and because I always have a chat vs. cam feed lag of a few seconds, I see the tip seconds before I hear the noise and see the model's reaction. So I see the tip and already get all excited thinking about what her reaction might be xD

LilyMarie said:
JerryBoBerry said:
Biggest I've ever seen was 467040. That was to TeamBob, aka MaryJanexoxo, currently MeaniePants. And far too many other monthly name changes to keep track of. :lol:
You witnessed that in person? :shock: I'm so jealous. I would have LOVED to see MJ's reaction but AFAIK there's not even a picture...

The largest tip I've seen happening was either 30,000 or 33,333, I'm not sure anymore. Her reaction was amazing and made me smile from ear to ear. I've seen a couple tips over 10k happening, and because I always have a chat vs. cam feed lag of a few seconds, I see the tip seconds before I hear the noise and see the model's reaction. So I see the tip and already get all excited thinking about what her reaction might be xD
It's been on her message wall since it happened. You have to click the 'see all messages' link to see it.

Attachments

• MJ.jpg
    MJ.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 506
Isabella_deL said:
JerryBoBerry said:

In this situation I'm more inclined to believe what the model said than the other guys mentioned in the tipnote. Maybe they did contribute, or maybe they'd just like people to think they contributed, but I can't see why the model would tell people it was all from that guy if it wasn't and risk pissing off other guys who did contribute. To me it sounds more like one person tipped it all but has left MFC and the other regulars mentioned in the tipnote are jumping on the bandwagon. As much as you can "know" people on MFC and frequent the same rooms, how much do you really know them?
I guess I would too in this situation.

"On behalf of" doesn't necessarily mean "helped contribute to the tip".

Thanks for finding the screenshot, I think it's on the forum somewhere but I couldn't find it. :)

Reactions: LadyLuna
I was involved in a group tip this year for a birthday, and it worked out fine. The guy who collected dropped the tip and captured it for those of us who were unable to be there. He even gave the recipient an accounting of how much each person contributed to the total of about 25,000 -- and for my part it was accurate. For the purposes of this discussion, I was mostly interested in single tippers. I'm blown away by these large amounts. But you know what really impresses me? Many models -- perhaps nearly all? -- display sincere appreciation for the tips of 5, 10 and 100, regardless of how many really large tips they've received in the past. Guess those small ones add up to large totals, too.

Isabella_deL said:
JerryBoBerry said:

It's also possible that the tipper didn't want the model to think the tip was just from him, and so told her it was from him and x, y and z. Maybe he told x, y and z to go along with it so as to not arouse suspicion. If I was a model and a member tipped me that much in one go, the first thing that'd run through my mind (after I'd screamed, fainted and accidentally shat myself) is "fuck, what is he hoping for in return? I hope he realises that we can't ever have a relationship outside of MFC". Maybe the tipper didn't want the model to have to worry about any of that?

Miss_Lollipop said:
MandyMetal said:
Hol bananas, I got this last night!

mandy.. your face in that is awesome. You look so ... concerned and concentrated

I believe that face was "it's my birthday, and I'm too drunk for this. How do you screen cap again?"

Reactions: LadyLuna and pg240
Isabella_deL said:
curvyredhead said:

And sadly she was kinda a bitch about it. I had liked her a lot to and spent a lot of time in her room. She was expecting a large tip (he has told her he was going to do it)..and I guess she was expecting bigger (her previous high tip was 5k).

I think it's a really bad idea to let models know a big tip is coming their way. From personal experience even if it's just been hinted before it softens the overwhelming blow of the tip, and that's not something I want softened! I want to have the full impact of the tip!

I totally agree--the whole I was thinking...shut the fuck up dude and just do it when she does not expect it or something. But she had literally signed on cam for it, it was the turning the month...the whole room was counting down for it.

Reactions: LadyLuna
What also sucks is when someone tells you they'll beat your highest tip and then they don't actually do it. :woops:
I had someone last fall tell me they'd beat my highest tip before Christmas. He kept telling me about it in PM for weeks. :? Sure enough, around November he completely stopped talking to me and coming to my room for no apparent reason. I could still see him in other girls' room so it's not like he left MFC. He probably just realized he couldn't live up to his words. Awkward.

My first huge tip was a birthday tip from CandieCane of 27,000. I can't find a screen cap. :(

Then here are my other two highest:

Attachments

• bigtip1.jpg
    bigtip1.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 282
  • gexgianttip.jpg
    gexgianttip.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 283
AmberCutie said:
My first huge tip was a birthday tip from CandieCane of 27,000. I can't find a screen cap. :(

Then here are my other two highest:

Off Topic but your hair looks great in that 2nd pic.

Reactions: AmberCutie
I was in the room when Harley_King tipped Bry_Anna 300k tokens. At first I thought I misread it. And she ended up second that month, losing out to CrazySySy.

Perhaps MFC could add to the model software the function to automatically make a screencap if they received a tip over a certain amount?
:think:

nzhere said:
Perhaps MFC could add to the model software the function to automatically make a screencap if they received a tip over a certain amount?

For models who use Firefox or Chrome and the browser version for MFC, there are extensions available that allow you to capture your window.

Sevrin said:
nzhere said:

For models who use Firefox or Chrome and the browser version for MFC, there are extensions available that allow you to capture your window.
I think you missed the word 'automatically.'

Status
Not open for further replies.