AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Latest Chrome Update Seems to Break CB?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2017
Google Chrome seems to have done a major 64-bit Windows platform update in the last week. There are major UI changes and it looks like the core probably had significant work as well. Unfortunately, whatever they did appears to be significantly interacting with Chaturbate in a bad way. Manifestations of the incompatibility for me have included:

* In my model Followed list, I see models in "Private" who are not in Private.

* Inside each chat room, the video goes 20 to 40 seconds without interruption, then it freezes for 5 to 10 seconds. That pattern repeats infinitely for me.

* There are small derangements of the video display, such as shown in the following stacked images. The image with 18 Lovers was me in Anonymous mode. Then I came in without Anonymity and suddenly there is a big white gap between "19 Lovers" and the bottom of the video feed.

upload_2018-9-6_3-10-13.png

This happened both yesterday after Chrome auto-updated and today. So it appears to be a lasting site incompatibility.

Is anyone else experiencing this, and any ideas on how to clear it?

• Wat?!
Reactions: xoxAprilJames
This is probably a bad idea, but I'm about openness. I'd say try FireFox, Opera, Edge - any other mainstream supported browser first.

Chrome has had a major redesign. If you can't use any of the other browsers, must stay with Chrome for some reason - you can revert to a previous version of Chromium to get your previous functionality. Notice, Chrome and Chromium are two near identical, but not quite the same, products. If you choose to use an older build of Chromium you won't get future updates. Ongoing that's not a good option.

But if it's cutting into your revenue today, there's a way to get a browser to work like Chrome did last week.

@Smores

Did you try:
  • Delete your cache and cookies
  • Use incognito mode
  • temporarily disable all your extensions
  • Reset your browser settings
  • Turn off hardware acceleration (Menu > Settings > Advanced Settings > Under 'System' uncheck Use hardware acceleration when available)

@Smores

Did you try:
  • Delete your cache and cookies
  • Use incognito mode
  • temporarily disable all your extensions
  • Reset your browser settings
  • Turn off hardware acceleration (Menu > Settings > Advanced Settings > Under 'System' uncheck Use hardware acceleration when available)

I'm not going to delete 100 website cookies. Since incognito mode did not solve many of the issues, that already excludes cookies and extensions.

I will try the hardware acceleration option tomorrow.

It was a major browser upgrade, so it is not too surprising that there are issues.

When you open chrome, it starts all your extensions. Even if you then open an incognito window; Those extensions are still running in chrome, And can still be bogging down the chrome engine and your computer.

Same thing with cache files. If you have a cryptocurrency miners in your chrome cache, soon as you open chrome, it may start up and be running. Opening an incognito window doesn't change that it's running, and bogging down the chrome engine and your computer.

One way to test, without clearing your cache would be to create a new user account, reboot, login as the new user.

• Helpful!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
yep, clear all cache and cookies. Also, read the whitepaper on what the updates specifically did. I know they've been working on eliminating flash from Chrome and I think this last update is the one which does it fully. Haven't read any of the release notes yet. But, recall reading it was coming.

I'm not going to delete 100 website cookies.

That severely impacts your computer's performance, but live how you wanna live.

I’m experiencing the same in Safari when I watch other models, so I guess it’s from cb not Chrome side...

• Helpful!
Reactions: Smores
I kept getting weirdly disconnected last night, and also had that glitch where I was supposed to have been private, but then the userse list kept flashing between 2 and the whole previous room, and the guy i was private with was also seeing it flash back and forth. I had to restart my whole computer that time, and Chaturbate prompted me again to download new flash drivers? Most vexing.

Maybe I'll try it on Firefox tonight?

I kept getting weirdly disconnected last night, and also had that glitch where I was supposed to have been private, but then the userse list kept flashing between 2 and the whole previous room, and the guy i was private with was also seeing it flash back and forth. I had to restart my whole computer that time, and Chaturbate prompted me again to download new flash drivers? Most vexing.

Maybe I'll try it on Firefox tonight?

Per some of the other posts in this thread, it looks like Google took Flash out of this latest browser update.

It might make sense to use a different browser that has flash built in for sites that require flash. But what do others think about installing the latest Adobe Flash Player as a separate application and running that through the update to Chrome? I could argue it both ways. In the hands of someone who is not careful with computer security, installing Flash under the latest Chrome might create a lot of additional security risks. And you also have the issue of having to constantly update Flash.

Reactions: rstanton
Okay, found an artivle on Chrome removing flash:

https://www.blog.google/products/chrome/saying-goodbye-flash-chrome/

Basically, chrome still has flash support. But, sites need to request your permission, or you need to explicitly set it for it to work. Otherwise, it's turned off by default.

Your post forced me to go actually use Google and finally figure this out. I have it working again. Here is the scoop.

Google used to have the Flash settings available right from the URL itself, when you select the lock to the left of the URL. For CB - in some circumstances like broadcasting through the flash interface - you must set this to "Allow". "Ask Permission" never worked for some reason.

In the new update to Chrome, Google apparently wiped out the site settings for flash (thanks Google) and now forces you to re-establish them using a new user interface. I will document that here.

Step #1: Go to the lock icon and select "Site settings"

Google-Chrome-Flash-Enabled_New-Interface_1.jpg

Step #2: After you select "Site settings" you see the following interface, and for chaturbate.com you are enabling "Allow":

Google-Chrome-Flash-Enabled_New-Interface_2.jpg

Step #3: After enabling flash for chaturbate.com, subsequent attempts to select the lock icon in the URL area shows you Flash again, as it did in the prior interface of Chrome:

Google-Chrome-Flash-Enabled_New-Interface_3.jpg

@Smores I've had some sites still not work properly with Chrome and flash so I've had to go back to firefox for them. Which, isn't all that bad of a thing either.

Thanks @Smores . I noticed that Broadcast Yourself doesn't work unless you enable Flash since they haven't changed that code yet.

Exactly right, and I saw the model reporting problems with Broadcasting above. At first I believed that Flash had been removed entirely and did not bother to look under the hood. After seeing the article from @ForceTen I realized Flash is still there and there was no choice but to spend some time to figure it out.

Reactions: rstanton
Exactly right, and I saw the model reporting problems with Broadcasting above. At first I believed that Flash had been removed entirely and did not bother to look under the hood.
Of course the error message misleadingly says the version of Flash is out of date which is not what's happening at all.

Reactions: Smores
Exactly right, and I saw the model reporting problems with Broadcasting above. At first I believed that Flash had been removed entirely and did not bother to look under the hood. After seeing the article from @ForceTen I realized Flash is still there and there was no choice but to spend some time to figure it out.

Yeah, I think part of that might have been my misunderstanding that they were taking it out sooner than they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.