AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Lesbian: should I be honest?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sienna_Sol

Inactive Cam Model
Nov 1, 2016
wouldn't you like to know :)
Twitter Username
@Sienna_Sol
hey there!!

I'm brand new and I have a question. I'm a lesbian, and I know that most of my customers are/will be men. Should I be honest about this? Should I say I'm bisexual? I'm not sure if it would be considered hot to be unattainable or is that a turn off?

I've thought maybe I should say I'm bisexual. I know a lot of guys like to bond with me over our mutual love of women. And there's the sexy factor, obviously. But I've also heard it's better to be as honest as possible.

I know I shouldn't talk about a girlfriend. But I'm not sure what to say about my orientation if it comes up.

I'm sorry if this has been talked about before, but I can't find anything about it! And I want to be prepared if it comes up.

There are lots of models who list their orientation as "bisexual" who are completely hetero. No one takes that too seriously, as far as I can tell. If you feel that you can't separate your personal preferences from the persona you present on cam, then, by all means say you're a lesbian, but don't be surprised if members expect you to do girl-girl shows.

hey there!!

I'm brand new and I have a question. I'm a lesbian, and I know that most of my customers are/will be men. Should I be honest about this? Should I say I'm bisexual? I'm not sure if it would be considered hot to be unattainable or is that a turn off?

I've thought maybe I should say I'm bisexual. I know a lot of guys like to bond with me over our mutual love of women. And there's the sexy factor, obviously. But I've also heard it's better to be as honest as possible.

I know I shouldn't talk about a girlfriend. But I'm not sure what to say about my orientation if it comes up.

I'm sorry if this has been talked about before, but I can't find anything about it! And I want to be prepared if it comes up.
@Serenity_Tam might be able to help you with this.

I feel like it depends on the situation. If you're long term on a token site and have regulars they can be totally cool with it. But if you're on a private site where your personal life is much less important it can either make or break an interaction with a customer. It could be a big turn on or be a big turn off.

Either way I'd expect members to ask for G/G shows. And you can ask some of the lesbian ladies here it can bring up some pretty annoying conversations.

"Oh, you just haven't found the right man." Me, personally, I wouldn't talk about it. I'm straight, but customers always ask me if I'm into xxx type of guys and I just don't answer or say "I like all men." Because if I did I think some guys who didnt fit that preference would, well basically get upset or leave over it.

Reactions: MFCGod
I'm bi, but lean waaay farther to the gay side these days, and I got so tired of dudes asking about what size/color/age dicks I've "had" and asking if I'm into race/age/size dicks/guys, that I started just making my cam persona Gay Gay Gay McGay. Have I ever fucked a black dude? I'm gay, I haven't fucked any dudes. It shuts them up faster than my previous responses, "I find all races attractive", and "that's irrelevant to my show content". It also takes care of "what's the biggest/oldest/youngest dick you've fucked" and "when was the last time you got dick", too.

I personally feel that a model's orientation, personal sex life, and personal sex history have absolutely nothing to do with her performance on a camsite, but telling customers that typically gets a response of them calling me bitchy, rude, etc. Nah, it's none of your business, you wanna watch me get down with this vibe or no?

I'm bi, but lean waaay farther to the gay side these days, and I got so tired of dudes asking about what size/color/age dicks I've "had" and asking if I'm into race/age/size dicks/guys, that I started just making my cam persona Gay Gay Gay McGay. Have I ever fucked a black dude? I'm gay, I haven't fucked any dudes. It shuts them up faster than my previous responses, "I find all races attractive", and "that's irrelevant to my show content". It also takes care of "what's the biggest/oldest/youngest dick you've fucked" and "when was the last time you got dick", too.

I personally feel that a model's orientation, personal sex life, and personal sex history have absolutely nothing to do with her performance on a camsite, but telling customers that typically gets a response of them calling me bitchy, rude, etc. Nah, it's none of your business, you wanna watch me get down with this vibe or no?

Did you ever notice it impact your earnings?

I wish I could do this, but I have videos of real penis blowjobs so I don't think I could get away with claiming to be lesbian.

Everyone has a different way of working. Some girls prefer to be honest and completely themselves, while others prefer to embrace the identity of being a fantasy girl for all of the boys to lust over. It really depends on your style and how you want to run your room. I know ladies who identify as lesbians IRL who portray themselves as boy-crazy in the cam world. I know ladies who are gender queer and don't even identify as female portray themselves as heteroflexible females for the cam world. But I also know just as many ladies who are completely and totally honest about all aspects of their identity. It really varies depending on the person, I think.

You can always try a little mixture of both - enough honesty to keep them very intrigued (yet with enough fantasy to keep them slightly hopeful they might just have a chance). You don't have to get super in depth with your orientation or even use any labels - you can just say, "I typically prefer women. I really love women." Then, you can bond with your male members about how awesome ladies are and who you all are attracted to. BUT, simply saying "I typically prefer ____" kind of implies that you might occasionally prefer a man, which keeps the fantasy hope in tact.

Personally, I am very bisexual with a preference towards ladies. But I am a femdom brat Goddess, so I can be completely honest about it. Boys don't expect to have a chance with me, and I make my money by reminding them that they never will, and everyone wins. I don't need to keep up the attainable fantasy that I might have had to if I were a cam model.

I wish I could do this, but I have videos of real penis blowjobs so I don't think I could get away with claiming to be lesbian.

Nope, but all my vids are solo and most are fetish, so that's not a concern. I have noticed my frustration levels drop, with fewer people trying to draw out the personal questions or "maybe we could meet" and needing to be banned because they won't shut up.

From what I remember MFC doesn't even allow for the option of putting "lesbian" Maybe it does now?

I think it all depends on what you want to portray on cam. The thing is ... it's a fantasy so if a dude can't get past the idea you wouldn't want to shag him in real life ... he might not be the type of member you want.
I know members would occasionally exit real quickly when they said "heyyy what's your perfect dick" and I would say ... none or "one with batteries". But for my room that's not the kind of member that would have meshed well. Some times emembers would get curious and find it fascinating and stick around. I felt like everyone in my room had a very good solid understanding I was a fantasy and that made me feel like it almost solidified that fact? I never had people tell me they thought I wasn't a homo or challenge me. Shockingly.

Really it's all up to you though. You could legit just say you are bisexual and no one would know. there are women who don't talk about relationships on cam, portray husbands to be boyfriends, say they are single when they aren't. Like. It's a personal decision because in the end you are just a fantasy anyways.

Feel free to be honest. Members will still think we er, they have a shot with you. Only now it will be a threesome. Once you see their massive penis you will feel compelled to go straight, at least for the night, with them. The women'z can't resist the big penis.

Feel free to be honest. Members will still think we er, they have a shot with you. Only now it will be a threesome. Once you see their massive penis you will feel compelled to go straight, at least for the night, with them. The women'z can't resist the big penis.

This made me laugh so hard I farted.

Personally, I feel that your personal sexual orientation has nothing to do with your cam persona. We are fantasy performers and we can created whatever backstory that fits that persona. Usually, I tell models to play bisexual if they feel that it would better for them. However, if you feel better saying your true sexual orientation....then do so.:)

I know members would occasionally exit real quickly when they said "heyyy what's your perfect dick" and I would say ... none or "one with batteries". But for my room that's not the kind of member that would have meshed well.

"one with batteries" made me laugh .. Gonna say that for sure (I mean, it's true!!)

Sienna- Thank you SO much for asking this!!! I'm also gay and have the same question, but haven't started camming yet (probably will in the next week or so) and would love to hear how your experience has gone!

I know for me personally I was hoping to play up the "bonding over girls" thing, but maybe that won't work as well as I think it could?
I also love the "one with batteries" PREACH, Serentiy!

Sienna- Thank you SO much for asking this!!! I'm also gay and have the same question, but haven't started camming yet (probably will in the next week or so) and would love to hear how your experience has gone!

I know for me personally I was hoping to play up the "bonding over girls" thing, but maybe that won't work as well as I think it could?
I also love the "one with batteries" PREACH, Serentiy!

Hey girl! Yah I mean, so far no one has seemed weird about it. I did put that I was gay in my profile but several guys said stuff like "since you're bisexual, you might like___" like tv shows and actresses and stuff. So I guess they don't believe me. But whatever. Honestly, I don't think it was that big of a deal. They'll think whatever they prefer for their fantasy. But I just started, so I'll let you know if anything changes!!

You could still claim lesbian. Maybe sell those as you lost a bet or something? I bet those vids would fly off the shelves if they thought you were lesbian.

You could still claim lesbian. Maybe sell those as you lost a bet or something? I bet those vids would fly off the shelves if they thought you were lesbian.

Ooooh, this would absolutely be a great selling point, @Luna Belle! I can see people eating up that type of marketing.

Reactions: Violet Dawn
hey there!!

I can relate to this kind of. I'm actually a grey-a aka, a person who's asexual most of the time, meaning I'm not really interested in doing anything sexual with anyone but myself and some naughty fanfiction. Of course saying that would completely kill the fantasy for members, if they even understood it and didn't go into the "you just haven't had the right dick" diatribe that lesbians also go through.

I haven't broadcasted yet, but I'm planning on not even bringing it up unless it's specifically pointed out, in which case I'll likely just say I'm bi/pan but prefer women (which I am romantically).

Not really a tip, just commiserating with you ^_^;

Status
Not open for further replies.