AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Let's talk about a blatant exploit that chaturbate refuses to address.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2018
Ok so let me preface this by saying I really did not want to post this here, because I actually really like chaturbate. I've met a lot of really cool people, spent a lot of money and had a lot of fun the past two years on cb. I've even gotten some of my more open minded kink oriented female friends to start camming on cb, and i've gotten some real life relationships and friendships out of it. But after having recently been scammed through no fault of my own by someone using an exploit involving private shows, and having tried (and failed) to contact cb support to address this I feel like i'm left with no choice but whistleblowing, if that term is even applicable here.

So what's the exploit? Well, if you have a minimum time on your private shows, such as 10 minutes, and manage to convince someone to enter in, you can immediately ban them and you will still receive the full 10 minutes worth of tokens. So, say your private show is set to 30tk/min, and you accept a private as a model, then immediately ban the person who wanted to pvt, you can effectively steal 300 tokens from them without doing anything for them.

Some context: I was nothing but respectful and full of compliments to the girl who did this to me, and I wasn't even the one that suggested the private, an indication that it was her intention to do this to me from the start. Even worse is in the 'my collections' tab on the website I can see a recording of the private show in which the girl immediately bans me when the "show" starts, then gets up and proceeds to LEAVE THE ROOM while collecting my tokens that I earned by working my ass off which could have gone to someone more deserving. Thankfully, I only lost 120 tokens, but the entire thing has soured my view of the entire website, and makes me feel like a complete idiot for even bothering to tip models in the first place when at any time I can just be scammed with seemingly no recourse whatsoever.

So why should you care? Well, if you're one of the good models that would never do this kind of shady shit (and I genuinely believe that the vast majority of you would never do this shit), it reflects poorly on you when this kind of thing is done by other people on the website hosting your content. I don't even know how this kind of thing can exist at this point because cb has been around a longggg time, and it feels like common sense to think "ok, i'm banned, so the private show is over and so I should not be losing tokens for the show anymore". Like...am I crazy? Is this a widely known/accepted thing? Am I wrong for being so pissed off?

I apologize if this sounded brash or otherwise but I really needed to get this off my chest. I hope I didn't violate any rules, and no I am not going to give out her name, but I do have screenshots and the video of her on chaturbate as proof. I sent all of this to cb support but i'm very skeptical i'll even get a response at this point, it seems like nobody cares.

So please jump off this high horse you seem to be riding cause if you had even bothered to look into it at all you would have seen that there are tons of compassionate models who don't want members to just keep tipping if they will harm themselves financially in any way.

Not on any high horse whatsoever... where on earth did you get that impression? What a strange post to get personal on - especially considering there's not even a difference of opinion. Oh well.

Upvote 0
*goes to register on streamate*

:p

Don't do this shit. If you don't want models taking advantage of you, don't do the same. Don't even joke about this shit, brah.

Like I really hope this is a fucking joke.

I report every member who has repeated behavior of doing this and Streamate will end up banning you.

Not on any high horse whatsoever... where on earth did you get that impression? What a strange post to get personal on - especially considering there's not even a difference of opinion. Oh well.

It's because we take members even joking about exploiting our sites seriously. If you don't see an issue with your comments, please eject yourself from this conversation.

Upvote 0
In the UK if you're 18-20 then a 3 minute private (mfc rates) is about 2.5 hours of work on the min wage, and there's not much encouragement to pay more than that in any "unskilled" jobs.
People expecting 5-10 minute minimum privates - you'd rather hope it isn't the entire day wage (before taxes and expenses taken out),

Problem is that your 30s guys may well be spending only what they can afford.

If that’s true that 30sec. folks are just “spending what they can afford” (Nope, many of them are trying to get a free show...Gen is right), then they need to stop clicking the private show button...period. I will ban a member who is a repeat offender of that obnoxious bullshit.

You don’t have to take a model private, btw. You have the option to just stay in free chat, and be a cool-ass member who chats with her, and tip her $5 or whatever for a flash, if you wish. Can’t afford a private show of at least 5 minutes or more (or you just don’t wanna spend that amount)? Buy one of her sexy videos instead. You’ve got other options besides being the jerk who takes her out of public chat for a 30 second - 1 min. private.

ImLive also has that bullshit where X seconds of the guy’s private show is free, and tons of guys on there abuse the fuck out of it. THIS is part of the reason many models prolong their private shows. They do not wanna jump right into pounding their pussies for dudes already mid-fap, and have them bust that nut within seconds.

Once again, I will remind you all that cam models are a luxury. If you’re too cheap to take us on a FIVE MINUTE private, for crying out loud (or you truly can’t afford it), fine. Just stay in free chat, and enjoy us from there. Don’t give us sob stories about what you can and can’t afford. It costs NOTHING to be friendly, and chat with us...and some of y’all won’t even do that. Lol...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Seven twenty five is a bullshit wage. I don't know of anywhere that is a livable wage. I think there's also states out there where if you get tips (ie, waitress) they can pay you less than that. And, in my experience, a lot of cook/waitress standing jobs don't give you lunch or breaks. At all. You're lucky to get a pee break.

\o\ wages suck here~

The server minimum wage in Iowa is $4. And I can only speak for the restaurant I worked in, but, nope, no breaks. No 15-minute paid breaks, no 30-minute unpaid meal breaks, just a quick run to the bathroom if you can, or, if you're a smoker, you get to go outside numerous times a night, but the non-smokers get NOTHING. It really pissed me off, to the point I was considering taking up smoking so I could have breaks. I was a host, paid $8.25, and never got any kind of break, until I had my gallbladder out and could use that as an excuse to take long bathroom breaks.

Upvote 0
You’ve got other options besides being the jerk who takes her out of public chat for a 30 second - 1 min. private.

Sorry for getting a bit off topic but this reminded me of something curious. I was in a room on MFC and these few other members kept trying to start a group show and would plaster those “one more for group” gifs in the chat. The model was accepting groups, so no big deal there. But I noticed that every time she would get 3 to accept the group show, the dudes who initiated it in the first place would bail out immediately - like after a couple seconds.

Now this happened maybe a few times over the course of an hour she was online. Poor girl once started a group show only to have everyone bail on it after a second.

I’m pretty new, so I don’t really get what’s going on - can someone clue me in? If they were trolling, I’d think she’d ban them from her room, but she didn’t. Does a model somehow benefit from this behavior? Only thing I thought was that maybe it puts her name on the list of pending group shows and therefore might drive traffic to her room?

Upvote 0
Sorry for getting a bit off topic but this reminded me of something curious. I was in a room on MFC and these few other members kept trying to start a group show and would plaster those “one more for group” gifs in the chat. The model was accepting groups, so no big deal there. But I noticed that every time she would get 3 to accept the group show, the dudes who initiated it in the first place would bail out immediately - like after a couple seconds.

Now this happened maybe a few times over the course of an hour she was online. Poor girl once started a group show only to have everyone bail on it after a second.

I’m pretty new, so I don’t really get what’s going on - can someone clue me in? If they were trolling, I’d think she’d ban them from her room, but she didn’t. Does a model somehow benefit from this behavior? Only thing I thought was that maybe it puts her name on the list of pending group shows and therefore might drive traffic to her room?

I’ll respond quickly before my phone dies (Nor’easter power outage here in Maryland). I don’t do group shows, but I remember that I hated it when MFC members did this...even if they thought they were “helping” me. And I do know that some members will do this to try to help a model get a show, even though HE is dropping out of the group show.

But every model is different. Maybe some models don’t mind it, or even like it? I’ve always been more of a one-person private show girl anyway (never cared for MFC group shows, honestly, so I have them disabled now).

Upvote 0
I'm surprised that what happened in the OP's case is even a thing. If I go to engage a model in a pvt on CB, and it says that there is a 10 minute minimum(if she has that setting enabled). I know full well that I will be charged "X" amount of tokens if I leave early(which I never do), but if the model leaves the show then one would think that she would only receive the tokens for the amount of time she allowed the private to continue. This seems like nothing more than poor programming on CB's side.

Upvote 0

yes, you have the group show thing figured correctly. It can drive traffic, but mostly not)))

i hope the model is asking for help or doing it with other accounts. starting groups.

but yes, some models want groups, need help to start them. I think for a member who has tipped, but she does not want to show her stamp collection in public, thus a group being a great option at less tokens to spend time licking those stamps.

I have

5 models that pm me to help start groups. i just pop over and join, and leave .

always good practice to talk about groups . or pvt. with the model ))))))))

• Helpful!
Reactions: Wolf_3_5_9
Upvote 0
Don't do this shit. If you don't want models taking advantage of you, don't do the same. Don't even joke about this shit, brah.

I report every member who has repeated behavior of doing this and Streamate will end up banning you.

It's because we take members even joking about exploiting our sites seriously. If you don't see an issue with your comments, please eject yourself from this conversation.
tumblr_inline_mppbjhoGaj1qz4rgp.gif

Sounds like I should sign up for Chaturbate :rofl:
hey, don't joke brah

Upvote 0
yes, you have the group show thing figured correctly. It can drive traffic, but mostly not)))

i hope the model is asking for help or doing it with other accounts. starting groups.

but yes, some models want groups, need help to start them. I think for a member who has tipped, but she does not want to show her stamp collection in public, thus a group being a great option at less tokens to spend time licking those stamps.

I have

5 models that pm me to help start groups. i just pop over and join, and leave .

always good practice to talk about groups . or pvt. with the model ))))))))

This is one of those YMMV situations. In some rooms I am sure there are your usual troll users who think it is fun to start a group and then bail on the poor girl. But a lot of models, especially in the lower camscore range will ask one good member to help them start a group show if they have 2 people waiting. They may not get many private shows but members can be more willing to hop in a cheap group show. Having 2 people stay in the group show makes her 20/minute which may be more than she would be making otherwise. I have been asked in the past by several models to just kick the show off for them.

And the stamp collection analogy is funny. These days in certain regions of the world there is also a distinct desire not to show off the collection in public due to locals not respecting any sort of "no flash photography when viewing the collection" rules, and taking pictures to expose the girls to people in her city.

Upvote 0
Do you really think enough people know about this that it's more than an isolated issue? If anything now you've just told more models about it. Discussing this with CB further is probably the right course of action here.

Reactions: QuinnLane
Upvote 0
Just an update to anyone reading this, cb support actually messaged me and refunded all my tokens and apologized to me. No idea if its because I posted here (doubtful) but I'm genuinely shocked, and super happy. I do, however, hope they fix the loophole that allowed it to happen in the first place and banned the original person that did it. They're going to a much more deserving person now :) happy camming everyone.
Glad you got your refund. It seems like it just took a little patience. I don't know how long you had to wait, but I'm guessing they try to rectify these situations as quickly as possible. They probably had to review the archived footage and the chat transcripts to make sure your story was legit.

Upvote 0

1) I can't help it if the implied (that's the *) don't give the joke away, nor the emote... nor the posting history of the forums and being here for x years.
2) they're not *your* sites.
3) It's a forum,it's a discussion. Hoping that people "eject" themselves because you don't understand or grasp a persons posting is childlike. If you can't handle reading things you don't agree with, then perhaps the internet isn't for you. If you can, then grow up and stop overreacting... it was, clearly, a joke. Bloody hell.

And bloody hell doesn't mean literally bloody... hell. It's an expression of disbelief. Just to be sure...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.