AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Lighting - tips, tricks, links, etc.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
I decided to order the Inkeltech softbox set, and also ordered this gorgeous tapestry for the wall.

stunning.jpg

AmberCutie

ACF Owner & Admin. (I don't work for CB.)
Staff member
Cam Model
Mar 1, 2010
AmberLand (Seattle, WA)
Twitter Username
@amberlynnegirl
MFC Username
AmberCutie
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000458969/AmberCutie/
Saw this neato guide on Reddit today, might be helpful!

I keep my cam lights in the 3200-3500 range usually.

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 2.31.25 PM.png

A little blurry.jpg

I've started looking a tad blurry maybe the last two times I've gotten on cam, and this is even with Auto-focus turned off. It's not TOO noticeable, but it's bugging me. Lol. My other Logitech Brio isn't doing this at all...only my second Brio (the newer one).

View attachment 87799

I've started looking a tad blurry maybe the last two times I've gotten on cam, and this is even with Auto-focus turned off. It's not TOO noticeable, but it's bugging me. Lol. My other Logitech Brio isn't doing this at all...only my second Brio (the newer one).
Any chance that there is a smudge on the lens? The center of the pic looks more out of focus than other areas.

Any chance that there is a smudge on the lens? The center of the pic looks more out of focus than other areas.

Thanks. Yeah, it's just the center that's giving me this blurriness. I've put away both webcams and webcam cords (and laptop) for the night, but later Tuesday night - prior to getting on cam again - I'll try wiping it with a paper towel with a drop of water. Instead of just blowing on the lens and using a finger to wipe it. Lol.

Reactions: KylieJacobs

LittleLei

Cam Model
Dec 29, 2014
Twitter Username
@onleiaway
Streamate Username
LeiaXO
Thanks. Yeah, it's just the center that's giving me this blurriness. I've put away both webcams and webcam cords (and laptop) for the night, but later Tuesday night - prior to getting on cam again - I'll try wiping it with a paper towel with a drop of water. Instead of just blowing on the lens and using a finger to wipe it. Lol.

I cam with the brio w/AF turned off and use Logitech's Brio control center to adjust coloring, Sometimes, not often, after I've click AF off, I'll have to drag the button all the way over where it's completely blurry and then drag it back to the left to fix any slight blurring issues.

View attachment 87799

Try 3 point lighting. I think the glare/sheen off your back drop with the direct light is causing that. I'd suggest 2 side lights or ring lights then a clip on ring light behind your cam source if needed. I find my side lights being slightly pointed away from me works the best.

Reactions: KylieJacobs
Try 3 point lighting. I think the glare/sheen off your back drop with the direct light is causing that. I'd suggest 2 side lights or ring lights then a clip on ring light behind your cam source if needed. I find my side lights being slightly pointed away from me works the best.

I cam with the brio w/AF turned off and use Logitech's Brio control center to adjust coloring, Sometimes, not often, after I've click AF off, I'll have to drag the button all the way over where it's completely blurry and then drag it back to the left to fix any slight blurring issues.

Ugh, the multi-quote feature on here was driving me crazy just now! Lol.

No more lights for me. I am in love with this softbox lighting that I've been using since February, and I've also had this moon/ocean backdrop since then, and this hasn't been an issue...always awesome video quality. It turned out to be what Kylie suggested earlier...just a smudge on the lens. I cleaned it with a wet paper towel, and it's fine now. I just finished recording a video on it. :) Thanks, everyone.

Ugh, the multi-quote feature on here was driving me crazy just now! Lol.

No more lights for me. I am in love with this softbox lighting that I've been using since February, and I've also had this moon/ocean backdrop since then, and this hasn't been an issue...always awesome video quality. It turned out to be what Kylie suggested earlier...just a smudge on the lens. I cleaned it with a wet paper towel, and it's fine now. I just finished recording a video on it. :) Thanks, everyone.
Awesome! Glad that it worked.

I just got some RBG light sticks, I LOVE them. You can adjust brightness and you can mount them on a tripod or lighting stand for infinite angles. they also don't tend to spill alot of light behind them which I like.
I got mine on ali express but one day I want to fancy $100 a piece ones ;)

Reactions: thinkinboutit