AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Lighting - tips, tricks, links, etc.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
I'm asking for a friend who makes a Youtube video, and I thought the ACF people would have the best answers.
Basically he has the 3 point lighting kit in place, but the electricity in his apartment is in European standard, and the day light bulbs are compatible with US voltage standards. He's got the adapters for the socket, but the bulbs in the area around his place are not strong enough to make the right bounce with the umbrellas, in terms of color temperature (Kelvin).
Anyone knows of a good source online for strong led bulbs with an E-27 screwing?
Thanks!

I'm asking for a friend who makes a Youtube video, and I thought the ACF people would have the best answers.
Basically he has the 3 point lighting kit in place, but the electricity in his apartment is in European standard, and the day light bulbs are compatible with US voltage standards. He's got the adapters for the socket, but the bulbs in the area around his place are not strong enough to make the right bounce with the umbrellas, in terms of color temperature (Kelvin).
Anyone knows of a good source online for strong led bulbs with an E-27 screwing?
Thanks!
Which country is he in?

Thanks!

Sure, asking "for a friend". Dan's secretly entered the world of camming... ;)

• Funny!
Reactions: brianabooty
You can install the logitech control app for your camera and make adjustments to your lighting there via your cam if you find it's too bright and sterile looking.

Pro lighting will never hurt you but you may need to make adjustments.

I will probably sound like a total dummy.. but what is logitech control app? Can i use it with Logitech C920? Thank you )))

• Hugs
Reactions: Itszozo
I have two umbrella lights, background string lights, and a ring light - somehow I still feel like my cam area is too dark, But then the ring light is so bright on max strength it makes my face a shiny washed out mess.

Sorry for the late reply, I forgot about this thread. French Amazon should have what he needs, but I suspect he might have found lightbulbs already since weeks have passed since you asked the question. :)

I will probably sound like a total dummy.. but what is logitech control app? Can i use it with Logitech C920? Thank you )))
It is the Logitech Webcam Software and it can be used with the C920.

I have two umbrella lights, background string lights, and a ring light - somehow I still feel like my cam area is too dark, But then the ring light is so bright on max strength it makes my face a shiny washed out mess.
My guess is that the string lights are not bright enough to illuminate the area behind you and the ring light is not supposed to be used to light up an entire room because than you will have the issues that you are currently having with your face being washed out. I found this tutorial to be helpful, but you don't need expensive lights like the guy have in the video you just need an understanding of why he is using them and then figure out something that could replace them that is in your price range.

Sorry for the late reply, I forgot about this thread. French Amazon should have what he needs, but I suspect he might have found lightbulbs already since weeks have passed since you asked the question. :)

It is the Logitech Webcam Software and it can be used with the C920.

My guess is that the string lights are not bright enough to illuminate the area behind you and the ring light is not supposed to be used to light up an entire room because than you will have the issues that you are currently having with your face being washed out. I found this tutorial to be helpful, but you don't need expensive lights like the guy have in the video you just need an understanding of why he is using them and then figure out something that could replace them that is in your price range.

Thank you!! ❤️

Reactions: DJ_Pioneer
Mechanics clip lights. They are super bright, can be diffused and can clamp pretty much anywhere!! Not to mention super cheap and super small...and you can usually find them at thrift stores(if you are as cheap as me)

http://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-75-W...p-Light-HD-200PDQ/205139241?N=5yc1vZbm8pZ12kx

I've had so many of these around my house since I started camming and have never thought to use them. Not only did you just save my wallet, but you helped me take care of some clutter as well. :h:

OMG, this thread is amazing, thank you for sharing your tips.
I have a lot to learn.

I have an 18inch Neewer dimmable ring light.. But I've never really been able to use it, because even on the lowest setting and with diffusers it makes me look completely washed out. It seems way too bright. I don't know what I'm doing wrong with it :( I'm doing fine for now with 2 other lamps, but it's a bummer that it feels like a waste of an investment.

Is there a certain distance that has to be between you and the ringlight for it to work? My camming areas are quite small, maybe that's the problem. (Or maybe I'm just too glow-in-the-dark pale)

I have an 18inch Neewer dimmable ring light.. But I've never really been able to use it, because even on the lowest setting and with diffusers it makes me look completely washed out. It seems way too bright. I don't know what I'm doing wrong with it :( I'm doing fine for now with 2 other lamps, but it's a bummer that it feels like a waste of an investment.

Is there a certain distance that has to be between you and the ringlight for it to work? My camming areas are quite small, maybe that's the problem. (Or maybe I'm just too glow-in-the-dark pale)

Could you combine this with a reflector? So the light faces away from you and towards a reflective umbrella or box, and then you have a diffuser on the outside of the umbrella. That should take a lot of light and diffuse it very nicely.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Olive

The distance should be about 3 feet. You might need to adjust the settings manually for your web cam, the auto settings usually causes some issues.

Could you combine this with a reflector? So the light faces away from you and towards a reflective umbrella or box, and then you have a diffuser on the outside of the umbrella. That should take a lot of light and diffuse it very nicely.
Using a reflector would defeat the purpose of using a ring light, you use a ring light to get a shot with an even light and few shadows

I have the same issue with my ringlight. I ordered a tube light instead of a dimmable LED by accident. Instead of mounting my camera within the ring I place it slightly behind my camera. It means I have to mount them separately and it's a pain but it means I can get better lighting than I get without the ring light.

You may also be able to find a mount that attaches to the ring light but allows you to bend the cam forward and away on one of those gooseneck mounts. I move my cam too much to make that work for me sadly because the gooseneck mounts always seem too stiff.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Olive
Thanks guys! Sounds like I'm just going to have to try out a couple of things to see if that will help, before I give up on it (which I have been doing for the past 2 months or so,whoops :sorry:)

The distance should be about 3 feet. You might need to adjust the settings manually for your web cam, the auto settings usually causes some issues.

Thank you! I will play around with some settings to see if that helps!

I bought a set of 2 umbrella lights on Amazon.. included the stands/white unbrellas/ lightbulbs and a pretty cool backdrop.. best 50 bucks I’ve spent. Since I added these to my shows I’ve received nothing but praise over how much better I look! They are bulky which is the only negative but they can be stored easily if you don’t have a ton of space.

Those nice bulk kits take a lot of power. There is also an other solution but it is more expensive in the start: YONGNUO YN-300 III. Normally they are used for video recording. And standard they lack some stuff. Like a defuse light box, power and a standard to place it on.

But it has a wireless remote and even an app. And it can change color type. In Europe they cost like 70 euro each and you can fit them on the standard of most existing light sets. And if you like to do camming on location it is very portable. You can even attach a battery on to it and add just some gorilla legs.

• Helpful!
Reactions: LolaLuv
Does anyone have a recommendation for a soft-box or other heavy light diffuser that would work with a typical floor lamp like the one in photo below?

61Ng8ctqMdL._SY879_.jpg

Does anyone have a recommendation for a soft-box or other heavy light diffuser that would work with a typical floor lamp like the one in photo below?

61Ng8ctqMdL._SY879_.jpg

Only options I can think of is put it next to a wall, and have the lamps pointed at a wall so get the indirect light reflected back. Or, use a thin, bedsheet hung at a distance (12-18" to avoid fire from heat) for a more direct diffuser

Reactions: rstanton
It really depends on how you are going to use the mic. If you are moving around a lot in the room the built in microphones in the Logitech C920, C922 and C930 webcams are actually an OK option. Also how much is it allowed to cost?
well yes i move a lot , i dint like to stay in obe place .
the max is 100$ , i am a newbie so i think is ok

well yes i move a lot , i dint like to stay in obe place .
the max is 100$ , i am a newbie so i think is ok

I'd think start with the built in mic from the Logitech c920/922/930 as mentioned to start and see how it works. It'd be a good camera to start with, and if needed you can upgrade to an external mic which can have a much high cost.

I'd think start with the built in mic from the Logitech c920/922/930 as mentioned to start and see how it works. It'd be a good camera to start with, and if needed you can upgrade to an external mic which can have a much high cost.
yee , i have c920 and im not new in this domain but i want to have all thinga right , i have goid lighting , camera and the rest but now i read about external mic who js better for camming , anyway is not a hurry , im not broadcasting yet cause of some problems
kiss kiss