AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

location, location, location

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

so I guess I'm really paranoid about people finding out even what city I live in
but I want to do things like sell panties and set up a wishlist
but I'm not quite sure how to do that because I'm afraid of people knowing where I live

is there a way to get around this?

As far as I am aware, there is no perfect way to prevent people from knowing the general area where you live if you use the mailing system.

If you live in America, the government really does not want anonymous untraceable mail floating around the system.

If you are fine with people knowing what city you live in, use PO box (never your home address). Never pick up your own packages. Models (including at least one model here) have had members waiting at the PO box who tried to follow them home.

If you mail things out, never use your home address as the return address. Send mail through a forwarding service, which can get pricey, or again if you are fine with people knowing what city you live in, use your PO box.

Wishlists can give out huge amounts of your personal information. It is very easy to see a model's personal information like her name and home address if she isn't careful. NEVER use your real name on your mailing address, use your stage name. Never put your home address on wishlists, even if they promise nobody can see it. Using someone else's house usually isn't a good idea either.

Some models are open about what city they live in; others are not, especially if they live in a small town. If you live in a giant and liberal city like LA, New York, or Portland for example, there may not be much harm in people knowing you live there. A package sent from a PO box in New York City isn't the same as one sent from a PO box in Wasco, you know?

Evvie makes some great points. ^^

RoseCavilla said:
A lot of models use a mail forwarding service. Or you can drive to another state and mail it from there.

Also, if you haven't already you should get cam girl verified so you can access the models only section. Welcome to the forums!
Remember, only actual cam girls can be verified here. A person isn't necessarily also a cam girl just because they sell panties and accept gifts. ;)

If you do not want people knowing your city, but you're fine with them knowing your state and general area, then have a friend who lives in another town get a po box or ups box (ups boxes can accept any sort of packages, some amazon items won't send to a po box). Both usps and ups allow possible recipients to be added to the box, have your camname added. Pay for the box yourself, of course, don't make your friend pay for it. The only reason to have your friend sign up for it is because the person who owns the box has to live in that town.

I managed to get one in a different town by virtue of the fact that I used to live there... so you could try that.

https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewt ... =24&t=1696
3. I approve girls on Tuesday and Friday mornings. You will receive an informative PM from me (here on the forum), your name will be purple, and you will be able to enter the Models Only section once I've upgraded you. Please remember to thoroughly read the PM I send you.

I just wanted to leave this here because I created this account tuesday afternoon... :|

still waiting. just throwing that out there.

xyuna said:
https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1696
3. I approve girls on Tuesday and Friday mornings. You will receive an informative PM from me (here on the forum), your name will be purple, and you will be able to enter the Models Only section once I've upgraded you. Please remember to thoroughly read the PM I send you.

I just wanted to leave this here because I created this account tuesday afternoon... :|

I absolutely don't want to make assumptions, but you won't be in line for verification unless you went through the entire process. Also, Amber may have verified all the models before she received your messages about being verified.

Reactions: zippypinhead
LadyLuna said:
If you do not want people knowing your city, but you're fine with them knowing your state and general area, then have a friend who lives in another town get a po box or ups box (ups boxes can accept any sort of packages, some amazon items won't send to a po box). Both usps and ups allow possible recipients to be added to the box, have your camname added. Pay for the box yourself, of course, don't make your friend pay for it. The only reason to have your friend sign up for it is because the person who owns the box has to live in that town.

I managed to get one in a different town by virtue of the fact that I used to live there... so you could try that.

Not necessarily true, my PO Box is not located in my city. You should be able to set up a PO Box anywhere you like. Neither my current address nor my permanent address are in the same place as the post office I use.

Reactions: LadyLuna
xyuna said:

Let's see.. it says Tuesday Morning. You signed up Tuesday Afternoon. Afternoon comes AFTER morning, does it not? Therefore, you signed up AFTER the Tuesday verifications had already gone through.

You do understand the concept of AFTER, right? If the train leaves at 11am and you show up at 2pm, and the next one doesn't leave until 11pm... are you really going to be complaining at 5pm that the train still hasn't shown up yet?

Tuesday Morning: verifications happen
Tuesday Afternoon: you signed up
Tuesday Night: not time for the next round yet
Wednesday Morning: not time for the next round yet
Wednesday Afternoon: not time for the next round yet
Wednesday Night: not time for the next round yet
Thursday Morning: not time for the next round yet
Thursday Afternoon: not time for the next round yet
Thursday Night: not time for the next round yet
Friday Morning: This is when your verification will go through

In the meantime, make sure you sent Amber an MFC mail using your model account mentioning your ACF name. If you don't have an MFC model account, send Amber a PM with a link to your profile on whatever site you do cam on, and upload a verification picture to the additional verification thread under General Camming Discussion.

xyuna said:

I may be pretty awesome, but I cannot use my magic to make Friday morning come any sooner than it actually will. :mrgreen:

Just throwing that out there.

AmberCutie said:
I may be pretty awesome, but I cannot use my magic to make Friday morning come any sooner than it actually will. :mrgreen:

Damn it Amber! The entire reason I signed up to your site was because I was told that you could make any day into Friday with a wave of your magic wand. So now I find out that it's not true. I swear if the next thing you tell me is that there is no Santa I will be so pissed off...
:lol:

Evvie said:
If you are fine with people knowing what city you live in, use PO box (never your home address). Never pick up your own packages. Models (including at least one model here) have had members waiting at the PO box who tried to follow them home.

This is mind-blowingly frightening. Damn, follow this advice for sure.

LadyLuna said:
xyuna said:

Let's see.. it says Tuesday Morning. You signed up Tuesday Afternoon. Afternoon comes AFTER morning, does it not? Therefore, you signed up AFTER the Tuesday verifications had already gone through.

You do understand the concept of AFTER, right? If the train leaves at 11am and you show up at 2pm, and the next one doesn't leave until 11pm... are you really going to be complaining at 5pm that the train still hasn't shown up yet?

Tuesday Morning: verifications happen
Tuesday Afternoon: you signed up
Tuesday Night: not time for the next round yet
Wednesday Morning: not time for the next round yet
Wednesday Afternoon: not time for the next round yet
Wednesday Night: not time for the next round yet
Thursday Morning: not time for the next round yet
Thursday Afternoon: not time for the next round yet
Thursday Night: not time for the next round yet
Friday Morning: This is when your verification will go through

In the meantime, make sure you sent Amber an MFC mail using your model account mentioning your ACF name. If you don't have an MFC model account, send Amber a PM with a link to your profile on whatever site you do cam on, and upload a verification picture to the additional verification thread under General Camming Discussion.

:|
no, yes this is what I was trying to say actually. (noticed how I said afternoon??)
Thanks for the condescending attitude.

anyways, whatever. I'm verified now, thanks amber.

AmberCutie said:
xyuna said:

Was never expecting you to! I understand the concept of waiting, and you verified me so thanks!

I guess I just found it a little frustrating that I was getting jumped on to get verified when I had already sent the email to get verified... and I quoted you because you DID say Tuesday MORNINGS and I merely just pointed out that my account was created only that afternoon... so I obviously wouldn't be verified until friday morning.

LilyEvans said:
LadyLuna said:

Not necessarily true, my PO Box is not located in my city. You should be able to set up a PO Box anywhere you like. Neither my current address nor my permanent address are in the same place as the post office I use.

How did you do that? Did you just drive to another city or just call a post office in another city?

I apologize. The way your post was worded made it sound like a complaint. This is why I said that, and in that way.

Also, I'm in a weird mood, have been for a week or two. Been really trying hard not to be too harsh on people, but it's not going so well.

Glad you got verified!

Status
Not open for further replies.