AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mainly cam outdoors now, in my backyard! I've been sticking to the shade because if I'm in the sun, my cam gets super over-exposed and I just look like this white blur.

But I wannnnaaaa lay in the sun and get all tan.
I tried adjusting a bunch of settings but still look really over-exposed.

Any models cam outside and use the logitech c920 and have found success?
Your advice would be very appreciated. :D

I mainly cam outdoors now, in my backyard! I've been sticking to the shade because if I'm in the sun, my cam gets super over-exposed and I just look like this white blur.

I feel dumb asking this, because I am sure you've done it, but... have you manually set the exposure/gain levels in the logitech software?

I feel dumb asking this, because I am sure you've done it, but... have you manually set the exposure/gain levels in the logitech software?
Yes, you can set it.

Logitech C920 2works better withan established and specifically designed artificial lightning. If you want to use it outdoor maybe you will experiment some decrease of FPS and a higher waste of your machine resources.

• Wat?!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
Yes, you can set it.

Logitech C920 2works better withan established and specifically designed artificial lightning. If you want to use it outdoor maybe you will experiment some decrease of FPS and a higher waste of your machine resources.
No crap, I was asking her if she did it.

• Funny!
Reactions: Worship Jaclyn
I remember a rule from high school photography class. "Best outdoor lighting for well-exposed photos is OPEN SHADE." Direct sunlight in never good...hot spots ensue. :) Same is true of artificial lighting...indirect is best.

Photographers, videographers and cinematographers overcome this issue with ND filters. You will need to go all DIY girl but if you love camming outside learning how to construct a DIY ND filter might help-- https://goo.gl/MHe962

They basically screw on to a camera lens or on cinema cameras are internal or work on a box. You would need to simply find a way to attach one in front of your web cam. It will keep the highlights from being blown and you from looking like white lightning.

Rig something with one of these with the right grade for the amount of light you are typically in or just play with the cams internal settings... http://goo.gl/oFJqvo

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies so far! They have all been helpful. Especially the direction towards where I can find bottled lightning. Some days you just need a little lightning on tap, to wake up the cam room when they aren't tipping. ;) :playful:

@AmberCutie - I've played with all the settings, but next time it's super sunny out, I'm going to try working with just those two alone (exposure and gain) - thanks for pointing me in that direction.

@Mikey_P - This sounds like a great solution. I will look into this further... and also ask my friend who is in film production for help.

you can buy these for small lenses and secure them with tape over your webcam - http://www.amazon.com/Professional-...&qid=1462433178&sr=8-7&keywords=filter+lenses

also i once tried sunglasses over my lenses in bright sun to film a video and it looked awesome - since webcam is tiny put sunglasses in front and see how it films the area

you can also get some celophane wrap and put it over lens when sun is bright and see what films
http://pacon.com/product/arts-crafts/yellow-cellophane-wrap-20-x-12-12-1-roll/

Status
Not open for further replies.