AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Logitech webcams

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmberCutie

ACF Owner & Admin. (I don't work for CB.)
Staff member
Cam Model
Mar 1, 2010
AmberLand (Seattle, WA)
Twitter Username
@amberlynnegirl
MFC Username
AmberCutie
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000458969/AmberCutie/
Since I have finally moved on from my very favorite webcam of all time (the Logitech 9000 which has been discontinued) I figured I'd put together a thread about the current, most popular webcams.

Logitech c920 (probably the most common used among cam girls now.)

Logitech c930e (which I think they may have re-marketed into the "Pro webcam?")

Logitech c922 (brand new and just released this past weekend, marketed as the best streaming webcam for game broadcasters.)

For starters, I came to realize yesterday that ManyCam had probably been interfering with the quality of my cam image for a long while. I have recently switched to using XSplit Broadcaster and during my struggle to get new cams working yesterday noticed how much easier it is to adjust the lighting settings on Xsplit than on ManyCam. I could set them identically and they looked different. So the images below are taken on Xsplit.

C920
c920example.png
C930e
c930preview.png
C922
c922preview.png

Some things you'll notice:
  • the drivers/settings interface for C920 are the simplest to use, they're the old style sliders. It is easiest to get the color/lighting good on that.
  • The C930e has a wider lens angle, and I also had to crank up the color saturation to look even somewhat alive, still ended up with a bland/less pink image. Some may like that, not sure if I do. I guess it's the most natural, though?
  • The C922 felt very similar to the 920, but ever so slightly sharper/crisper image. Obviously I had some problems with the lighting setting it is a tad too dark, but with this settings interface for some reason it's difficult to master the exposure/gain settings. I should have cranked the gain up a bit like I did on the 930e. But on both the 930e and 922 the exposure setting was pretty impossible to fine-tune.

Currently I'm having problems with video glitching/flickering with both the 930e and 922 so I'm sticking with the 920 until we get that resolved. I think the audio quality on the 930e will likely be the best, and the wide angle is sorta cool, so if I can come to terms with the settings interface for it I may aim to make that my default.

Feel free to report your findings with these webcams as well, maybe exchanging notes about our experiences will help others figure out what works best for them. :)

FYI the c930 & c922 are both UVC 1.5, system or usb updates; they might help with bugs.

Both c930 & c922 are usb 2.0. Not a big deal. Unless you accidentally plug it into a usb 1.0 port.

Does the flickering happen if the camera is set to 30 FPS?

Does you see the flickering when using natural sunlight? Or is it only when using electric lights? if it's only under electric lights. You could try changing your power line frequency. The US should be 60, but if your lights were intended for anther country, they might be at 50Hz. So it's worth trying 50Hz.

Reactions: ChloeSouth
I have used both the 920 and the 930e and much prefer the 930e. I have found that the auto white balances within its settings are much more pleasing to the eye based off of my super non professional lighting set up. I also enjoy that it has the wider angle over the 920. I've never had anyone comment on the difference between the two though. Most people didn't even realize when I made the switch over. I have a backup on hand of a 920 currently so that when my 930e bites it I have something better than the built in iSight on my laptop.

Both cameras seem to be well worth the money that they cost and I've found that the reliability of the cable connections on the 930e are lasting quite a bit longer than my 920s of the past. I've gone through 3 920s in my camming career so far (just over two years) and this 930e i've had for almost a year.

FYI the c930 & c922 are both UVC 1.5, system or usb updates; they might help with bugs.

Both c930 & c922 are usb 2.0. Not a big deal. Unless you accidentally plug it into a usb 1.0 port.

Does the flickering happen if the camera is set to 30 FPS?

Does you see the flickering when using natural sunlight? Or is it only when using electric lights? if it's only under electric lights. You could try changing your power line frequency. The US should be 60, but if your lights were intended for anther country, they might be at 50Hz. So it's worth trying 50Hz.
I've currently got a ticket open with xsplit to resolve the bug. The flickering happened no matter what the lighting.

I've currently got a ticket open with xsplit to resolve the bug. The flickering happened no matter what the lighting.
It's a long shot, but maybe change the fps of xsplit? America and Europe have different standards for fps in media due to the electrical current in our lights. In America 24 is standard; in Europe it's 30.

I've never had issues, but apparently if you use the wrong fps it can cause flickering.

Edit: never mind somehow missed a couple of posts that addressed this. I just woke up lol. >_>

Reactions: AmberCutie
Since this is a technical type thread I wanted to share a video I just watched. It explains why the US has such a weird number of frames per second for television.

Thanks for this. My c922 is arriving tomorrow squee! Just sold my c920. It was great quality but i could never get the colour as warm as on the earlier pro 9000 (which i still love). I am hoping the c922 won't look so washed out. How you have it on your pic is fine for me x

Since I have finally moved on from my very favorite webcam of all time (the Logitech 9000 which has been discontinued) I figured I'd put together a thread about the current, most popular webcams.

Logitech c920 (probably the most common used among cam girls now.)

Logitech c930e (which I think they may have re-marketed into the "Pro webcam?")

Logitech c922 (brand new and just released this past weekend, marketed as the best streaming webcam for game broadcasters.)

For starters, I came to realize yesterday that ManyCam had probably been interfering with the quality of my cam image for a long while. I have recently switched to using XSplit Broadcaster and during my struggle to get new cams working yesterday noticed how much easier it is to adjust the lighting settings on Xsplit than on ManyCam. I could set them identically and they looked different. So the images below are taken on Xsplit.

C920
View attachment 65999
C930e
View attachment 66001
C922
View attachment 66000

Some things you'll notice:
  • the drivers/settings interface for C920 are the simplest to use, they're the old style sliders. It is easiest to get the color/lighting good on that.
  • The C930e has a wider lens angle, and I also had to crank up the color saturation to look even somewhat alive, still ended up with a bland/less pink image. Some may like that, not sure if I do. I guess it's the most natural, though?
  • The C922 felt very similar to the 920, but ever so slightly sharper/crisper image. Obviously I had some problems with the lighting setting it is a tad too dark, but with this settings interface for some reason it's difficult to master the exposure/gain settings. I should have cranked the gain up a bit like I did on the 930e. But on both the 930e and 922 the exposure setting was pretty impossible to fine-tune.

Currently I'm having problems with video glitching/flickering with both the 930e and 922 so I'm sticking with the 920 until we get that resolved. I think the audio quality on the 930e will likely be the best, and the wide angle is sorta cool, so if I can come to terms with the settings interface for it I may aim to make that my default.

Feel free to report your findings with these webcams as well, maybe exchanging notes about our experiences will help others figure out what works best for them. :)

Just a tip on the gain thing.... i recently realized that unless you have exposure set to 'manual' adjusting the gain on c930 controls does NOTHING. even if you have it set to manual. YOu have to set the exposure to manual *first* then go back and adjust the gain.

I finally got my xsplit incompatibility issue resolved and am happy to report that the c922 now looks FANTASTIC! I am planning to keep this as my main cam now, only using the 920 in my gaming PC room for when I stream games on MFC.

Reactions: MicahTaylor
YESSS!I just ordered my C922 last night for 50$ so so happy,FYI i just checked and is still on sale right now.I am using pro 9000 for the last year and I still love it.But tbh I can`t wait to mess with the background replacement.Also my umbrella lights are going to arrive here soon,so I already know I will spend a good chunk of time messing with all the settings.Feels like Christmas already :cat:

Reactions: elena_darling
I wrote a review on the Logitech C922 and I'm still getting adjusted to it. I'm finding that I'm getting a lot of flickering when it comes to streaming. My personal settings within the logitech software don't seem to work very well with this cam? I'm used to a C920 where I can have my exposure set pretty high and still maintain higher framers per second without any noticeably to how many actual frames were dropped. But with the C922 Pro Stream I had to turn the exposure way down and turn off the low light capabilities. I haven't tried it on MFC as I don't stream there often. But on SM and Cams it was an issue with the flickering. Nor could I create clips.

I wrote a review on the Logitech C922 and I'm still getting adjusted to it. I'm finding that I'm getting a lot of flickering when it comes to streaming. My personal settings within the logitech software don't seem to work very well with this cam? I'm used to a C920 where I can have my exposure set pretty high and still maintain higher framers per second without any noticeably to how many actual frames were dropped. But with the C922 Pro Stream I had to turn the exposure way down and turn off the low light capabilities. I haven't tried it on MFC as I don't stream there often. But on SM and Cams it was an issue with the flickering. Nor could I create clips.
Yep, the cam settings on the 922 and 930e are a bitch compared to their old drivers on the 920 and 9000. :(

Oh that doesn`t sound too good.What do you ladies prefer the 9000 or the 922?I am anxious to get the 922 just to test my nerves at this point .
I'm not sure they sell the 9000 anymore. I like my c920 quite a bit. Thought about 'upgrading' to the c922, but... the reviews seem 50/50 on if it's worth it.

I'm not sure they sell the 9000 anymore. I like my c920 quite a bit. Thought about 'upgrading' to the c922, but... the reviews seem 50/50 on if it's worth it.
I have the 9000,is my current webcam,and just order the 922 2 nights ago

The clarity of the 920/922/930e would be much crisper than the 9000. It's like night and day.

I've been using the 930e for the last year and a half after finally letting go of my precious 9000 and I love it! I tried the 920 as well and didn't care for it so gave it to a friend. The wider lense on the 930e is the BIGGEST plus for me because I can get both my head and my butt in frame and it was closest to the 9000 in that sense. The 920 couldn't even get my whole fan sign/white board wall in frame. :/

Also the cooler tones of the 930e are a big plus for me as a redhead, since my skin leans pink. I still have to cool it WAY down to look normal but if you are someone who struggles with that it may be a good camera for you.

I am pickiest about my audio and I still have yet to find a mic I like better than my logitech 9000 so I actually still use the 9000 for an external mic.

I've been using the 930e for the last year and a half after finally letting go of my precious 9000 and I love it! I tried the 920 as well and didn't care for it so gave it to a friend. The wider lense on the 930e is the BIGGEST plus for me because I can get both my head and my butt in frame and it was closest to the 9000 in that sense. The 920 couldn't even get my whole fan sign/white board wall in frame. :/

Also the cooler tones of the 930e are a big plus for me as a redhead, since my skin leans pink. I still have to cool it WAY down to look normal but if you are someone who struggles with that it may be a good camera for you.

I am pickiest about my audio and I still have yet to find a mic I like better than my logitech 9000 so I actually still use the 9000 for an external mic.

Have you thought about using a Blue Yeti microphone? Its perfect no distortion to music and it picks up my voice as the foreground.

Have you thought about using a Blue Yeti microphone? Its perfect no distortion to music and it picks up my voice as the foreground.
well for the time being I have no need since the 9000 mic is basically magic, but I did have a blu snowflake and the logitech 9000 was still better so I sold it. I plan to get a Yeti when my 9000 craps out.

well for the time being I have no need since the 9000 mic is basically magic, but I did have a blu snowflake and the logitech 9000 was still better so I sold it. I plan to get a Yeti when my 9000 craps out.
Something about having yet another component to have to plug in and move around doesn't seem appealing.

Something about having yet another component to have to plug in and move around doesn't seem appealing.
THIS!Haha,i have wires after wires on my desk,webcam,mic,charger for laptop,charger for phone ugh the struggle!

Amber, i wonder how you do that little text thingy on your cam? is it with the xsplit or? :shame:
Yeah it's a text function in xsplit with custom settings.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Hairy_punk
yeah it's annoying but not as annoying as the complaints.

Reactions: DearestVixen
Yeah it's a text function in xsplit with custom settings.

Can you plug in other video devices into xsplit and get them to work with MFC? Instead of a webcam, use a DSLR? Reason I ask I was watching a singing couple on Twitch and they mentioned they got a new main cam and are just using webcams for their secondary picture in picture views. They're now using a Panasonic LUMIX DMC-G7KK DSLM Mirrorless 4K Camera.
Not sure what software they are using, but they are also using an Elgato Game Capture HD60 capture card. Overall it had a really nice look. They had it set for a short depth of field, with the background out of focus, so it gave a very nice soft look to the main singer.
chrome_2016-12-04_15-31-12.png

2016-12-04_15-25-40.jpg

Reactions: Alina Alina
Status
Not open for further replies.