AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Logitech webcams

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, this is with the latest firmware update but Logitech has not updated the driver itself, only the firmware. I am still using the Logitech driver from April 28 (driver version 1.0.71.1). The controls are the same as before the update.

Are you using MAC? I have Windows 10 but the screenshots you posted in your first post in this thread show much of the same settings.

The first 2 pics are from the Logitech camera settings app. The other 2 pics is what I get as device settings when I use the BRIO with any software, like VLC player, some older software I use: AMCap, and of course OBS.

VLC:
2j4eg6q.jpg
Yeah sorry that does look the same now, at first I didn't recognize it. The settings I access with XSplit are the same as you show in the image above.

Okay so here I am with a Logitech c270 -- have yet to broadcast but planned on it tonight. lol, am I 100% screwed?
I started with one I could easily afford and planned to get a better one once I get going a little more. It is still HD quality but it's only 720p. Any comments on this? I'm nervous now.Hahaha

I'm glad i've found this topic because i have a logitech webcam and it sucks, I didn't know what cam would work best and now I have a few options that I'll try. Question, do you know if it is possible to connect your Nikon D-5000 to your computer and stream?

Reactions: JesseBangs
Okay so here I am with a Logitech c270 -- have yet to broadcast but planned on it tonight. lol, am I 100% screwed?
I started with one I could easily afford and planned to get a better one once I get going a little more. It is still HD quality but it's only 720p. Any comments on this? I'm nervous now.Hahaha
Just make sure you have really good lighting and you should be fine for now.

I'm glad i've found this topic because i have a logitech webcam and it sucks, I didn't know what cam would work best and now I have a few options that I'll try. Question, do you know if it is possible to connect your Nikon D-5000 to your computer and stream?
If your Nikon has hdmi then yes you can stream with it. You would need a video capture card...if you have a pc you can get a PCI Express HD Video Capture Card or you can go the easier route and get a hmdi to usb capture card like.....

Rongyuxuan HDMI to USB
Imillet HDMI Video Capture with USB3.0
Magewell XI100DUSB-HDMI USB Capture

Has anyone used the Logitech Conference cam ( BCC950 ConferenceCam ) I like that it has the movement following, and also the remote that allows zooming in and out. Looks pretty good and while it's pricy, is it worth it?
I looked into it but decided not to get it because the camera and build quality didn't seem that great to me, I am however picky as hell. Its actually not all that pricey considering its a ptz camera...alot of ptz webcams go for $600 and up. I've seen a few models using it on Streamate and it does a decent job. I think its a good webcam/ptz webcam especially for its price point which you can is lower on Amazon (especially under used) and Ebay.

The only negative I'd say is that it's capped at 30fps. For now that's fine because none of these camsites are streaming above 30fps but if and once they go above 30 the Bbc950 would become outdated and possible useless. But seeing as how alot of these camsites are having tech issues with current tech updates I don't think they'll be updating/upgrading to anything above 30fps anytime soon. So I don't think the Bcc950 would be a waste, imo its a good option if you're seeking a ptz webcam but don't want to spend alot of $$$. Also don't forget that you can always return it within 30days if you don't like it.

• Helpful!
Logitech BRIO girl here. I had an old c270 which worked, but it was time to get a new one! I went with the BRIO because it offers 4K and was only about $50 more than the c920/c922. I figured many people will be getting 4k TVs in the US as they become cheaper and cheaper.

So far, so good. It does have this strange auto focus which randomly resets itself and makes it blurry, so I just turn it off. It can be quite tricky and one must mess around with different programs to get it set up. All in all, I am quite happy with the BRIO!

Did anyone ever find a good fix for the c922 driver issues? Nothing I've tried has worked so far.
I just scrolled back a page didn't see anything, but what specific driver issues?

Did anyone ever find a good fix for the c922 driver issues? Nothing I've tried has worked so far.
I'm not sure what issues you've been having, but I had to disable my built in webcam to get my logitech to work correctly. I still have issues with the mic every now and then though. =/

I'm not sure what issues you've been having, but I had to disable my built in webcam to get my logitech to work correctly. I still have issues with the mic every now and then though. =/
I just scrolled back a page didn't see anything, but what specific driver issues?
I'm using a PC so no built in webcam. I get CRAZY flickering and it'll crash XSplit and my browser completely at times. I'll keep trying stuff but I'm about ready to return it... if I figure it out I'll update here for sure!

Works flawlessly on my MacBook Pro though. :party: Only issue is that the settings options are crap.

• Helpful!
Hey I'm using a Logitech c920 at the moment. And I've recently purchased a Wacom MobileStudio Pro 13 (think touch-screen tablet but full laptops specs, running Windows 10) for work unrealated to camming and it has USB-c ports just like the new MacBooks do.
I'm wondering if anyone else has tried any USB-c adapters?
I purchased a cheap set of single port adapaters from Amazon which do the trick for my mouse and various other peripherals, but they only work with the Logitech c920 when it's plugged into the USB-c port which doubles as the computer's charging port.
So I ended up investing in a more expensive USB-c hub from Kodlix on Amazon, which works great in all ports :)

I'm using a PC so no built in webcam. I get CRAZY flickering and it'll crash XSplit and my browser completely at times. I'll keep trying stuff but I'm about ready to return it... if I figure it out I'll update here for sure!

Works flawlessly on my MacBook Pro though. :party: Only issue is that the settings options are crap.
That might actually be a problem with USB, I had some similar issues with my Logitech C910. The problem was that when I had my webcam plugged plugged into a USB 3.1 port that was on the same USB controller as an other USB 3.1 port and when that port that had certain devices plugged into it my webcam started acting up. So I had to shuffle the USB devices around in the different ports until I found a configuration that had all my devices working. A simpler solution for me would have been to buy a USB controller expansion card.

The only negative I'd say is that it's capped at 30fps. For now that's fine because none of these camsites are streaming above 30fps but if and once they go above 30 the Bbc950 would become outdated and possible useless. But seeing as how alot of these camsites are having tech issues with current tech updates I don't think they'll be updating/upgrading to anything above 30fps anytime soon. So I don't think the Bcc950 would be a waste, imo its a good option if you're seeking a ptz webcam but don't want to spend alot of $$$. Also don't forget that you can always return it within 30days if you don't like it.

What are the reasons you think a webcam model would benefit from frame rates above 30 fps? Normally, higher rates than 30 fps are used to control motion blur. That matters a lot in sports sequences, car racing, and game playing. It does not matter at all for a stationary person.

Reactions: KaraInCuffs
That might actually be a problem with USB, I had some similar issues with my Logitech C910. The problem was that when I had my webcam plugged plugged into a USB 3.1 port that was on the same USB controller as an other USB 3.1 port and when that port that had certain devices plugged into it my webcam started acting up. So I had to shuffle the USB devices around in the different ports until I found a configuration that had all my devices working. A simpler solution for me would have been to buy a USB controller expansion card.
USB 2.0 works best for most webcams that I've used. :D

I actually fixed my driver issues but... I have no idea what I did because I did so much random shit one day when I was tired. XD

Reactions: DJ_Pioneer
USB 2.0 works best for most webcams that I've used. :D

I actually fixed my driver issues but... I have no idea what I did because I did so much random shit one day when I was tired. XD
Great that you managed to fix the issue. Part of my problem was having an Asus Z170-Deluxe motherboard, they only have one external USB 2.0 port and I really wanted that for other stuff.

Great that you managed to fix the issue. Part of my problem was having an Asus Z170-Deluxe motherboard, they only have one external USB 2.0 port and I really wanted that for other stuff.
I only have three on my build but I use WAY more 2.0 slots than that so getting a couple of these has been great!

I have have an eight port USB 2.0 hub but for some reason my Logitech C910 don't want to work when I plug it into that. I suspect there is something going on with the Asmedia USB controller chips on my motherboard.
Another thing to check are the sample rates on your hub. Should be hi-speed 480Mbits/s. I have an old one that I don't use that has slower transfer rates and doesn't work for shitall. If it doesn't specify the rates then it might not be hi-speed.

EDIT: Oh, I think I figured out what was going on that was fucking me up that I couldn't remember earlier. Personify that comes with the c922 will cause it not to work properly with XSplit and OBS, I remember now when I uninstalled it that was when it started working! Hope that helps anyone else having the same issues I was.

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: Smores
I have a c615 and for some reason it randomly flashes its blue light and freezes sporadically. I heard it had to do with a stupid Windows 10 update that I can't go back on because the 10-day grace period for doing that has ended. So frustrating.

We just upgraded to a c920 from a c170. Need to play with settings a little, but so far loving it.
However the c170 worked for us just fine on CB. Had to watch settings a bit to keep 30fps, but only once ever had anyone in the room complain when it CB dropped our HD tag one night. So no matter the hardware, anything is possible to some extent.

We also have a c270. The video quality is ok for the price, but we're probably going to upgrade to a c920 soon!

Tip: turn off RightLight in your logitech webcam settings! We were only getting 16 fps on our stream because of this feature! Turn it off and POOF! Full 30 fps :)

With the c170 270 low end logitechs the main difference is they use a plastic lenses rather than glass.

With the c170 270 low end logitechs the main difference is they use a plastic lenses rather than glass.

I believe there's also a difference of having hardware based encoder right on the webcam itself with the upper end models. Both c920 and c930e have it. The lower end models use the computer for that. A still subject shows up as rather comparable image between the two. But when there's any motion on cam the hardware encoding shines. The upper end ones can keep up with motion much better.

I have a c310 and have had numerous models remark they thought I had a higher end webcam, while I was just sitting there chatting. But as soon as I started moving around in my chair, even so much as waving a hand, they could see the difference.

When I changed over to my new laptop I was surprised the C270 worked without any downloading of drivers etc.
But the control for zoom in and out wasn't there, will that reappear downloading the driver to that laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.