AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

lovesense secret feature

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 31, 2012
It appears that the app is at the very least recording sound. No one has confirmed though if data is being uploaded

Here is the post

Crosspost

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: Puffin and Guy
  • Helpful!
Reactions: Puffin
there are videos of me banging my snaz all over the internet, i'm not worried about this. oh no our sextoys can be hacked and the hacker can drain the battery. oh no.... oh no the company has been recording sound, well someone probably recorded the video. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

it sounds like someone who works at lovense was being a perv, or this is a actually a bug. yes this a total violation and probably a pr nightmare for their vanilla market.

still curious, why would they need to collect this data if they were intentionally doing it? the company already knows a lot of cammodels use their toys, so if they want to see how often or when people use it, their data will be skewed. the only way to organize if they had prior knowledge who exactly are using their products. normal folk clearly don't use their toys as much as we do. with the facebook accusations on listening to your conversations, i understand why some people are worried.

like @SMuser69 mentioned, it's been patched. our vibrating bluetooth buttplugs are fine :D

there are videos of me banging my snaz all over the internet, i'm not worried about this. oh no our sextoys can be hacked and the hacker can drain the battery. oh no.... oh no the company has been recording sound, well someone probably recorded the video. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

it sounds like someone who works at lovense was being a perv, or this is a actually a bug. yes this a total violation and probably a pr nightmare for their vanilla market.
Agree with this so much. We already knew that it sometimes "listens" to your sex because otherwise the sound activated mode wouldn't work. Recording is probably a legitimate glitch and not anything to do with spying or being pervy. Also, I have to imagine that cam models are a huge portion of Lovense's market share, and we're pretty used to being recorded.

It's a lot fucking creepier that my phone displays ads for the exact loaf of bread I usually buy, or gives me popups about deals at Walgreens while I'm standing in Walgreens. I'm pretty sure that most everyone's phone knows much darker secrets than the noises we make during sex.

(Side note: If there is a job that involves sorting and compiling the top weird google searches of the year, I want that job. Hell, I'd even consider paying money just to see that report. I know I've googled some stupid/weird shit, and I'm pretty careful about that kind of thing, so I can only imagine the general population's treasure trove of google weirdness and idiocy...)

Reactions: Lelo1 and AudriTwo
still curious, why would they need to collect this data if they were intentionally doing it? the company already knows a lot of cammodels use their toys, so if they want to see how often or when people use it, their data will be skewed. the only way to organize if they had prior knowledge who exactly are using their products. normal folk clearly don't use their toys as much as we do. with the facebook accusations on listening to your conversations, i understand why some people are worried.

like @SMuser69 mentioned, it's been patched. our vibrating bluetooth buttplugs are fine :D

This wouldn't had affected most models anyways since it involves using the bodychat app in friend and message mode. Most models either are leaving it in normal audio mode or control linked which doesn't use audio at all.

It appears that the app is at the very least recording sound. No one has confirmed though if data is being uploaded.

Confirmed!

I read this, and though you were confirming the recordings were being uploaded to lovense. Which does not seem to be the case.

We already knew that it sometimes "listens" to your sex because otherwise the sound activated mode wouldn't work. Recording is probably a legitimate glitch

They probable used the same audio code for sound activated mode as they did for the video chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.