AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Lying about purchase on Wishlist

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GenXoxo said:
I can kinda understand it, because tokens/money are seen more as payment than wishlist items that are seen as gifts. I don't necessarily agree but I can see where someone would be coming from with that, it could blur the line between work & relationship maybe?
Yeah I see money/tokens as payment for a job/service. Gifts would basically be random dudes gifts in our house. I'm sure she'd be mad if I bought gifts for models but doesn't care about pvt shows/amount of tokens spent. Curious what rules models have for husbands/bfs when it comes to camgirls.

Mia Lynn said:
Personally I only do tokens for shows. In the rare occasion someone I have known for a while and developed a good trustworthy friendship with, I will allow amazon gift cards. But of course I only do that because you can cash it into your account before you do the show.

Hope this helps. There can be a lot of scummy members out there and when I was new it happened a lot before I got fed up with it.
Giftcards aren't foolproof. I believe there's a thread in the models-only section that goes into detail about why giftcards aren't the best idea.

About two years ago I was bored so I went through the profiles of every US model who was online at the time and took a look at each ones wishlist.

Every one who had a pair of black fishnet stockings or pantyhose on their wishlist I ordered them for them. I think that day ordered 15 pairs of fishnets for cam girls. (Yeah I have a fetish for fishnets)

Out of the 15 pairs, all the girls got them and said thanks, but I only got to see 2 of them actually wear them which was disappointing. Most of them were like, I wore them for my boyfriend and he loved them... never to be seen on cam unfortunately.

One of them got them and I asked if she wanted to model them for me in a private and she told me, "thanks for the fishnet, but I don't dress like a slut." I then asked her why she had them on her wishlist and was promptly kicked from the room.

I think that was the last time I ordered anything from anyone's wishlists.

Aurora said:
Mia Lynn said:
Personally I only do tokens for shows. In the rare occasion someone I have known for a while and developed a good trustworthy friendship with, I will allow amazon gift cards. But of course I only do that because you can cash it into your account before you do the show.

Hope this helps. There can be a lot of scummy members out there and when I was new it happened a lot before I got fed up with it.
Giftcards aren't foolproof. I believe there's a thread in the models-only section that goes into detail about why giftcards aren't the best idea.

I have never had any problems with it...but then again I've only done it amazon with 2 people. Good to know though for future reference.

legmanct said:
About two years ago I was bored so I went through the profiles of every US model who was online at the time and took a look at each ones wishlist.

Every one who had a pair of black fishnet stockings or pantyhose on their wishlist I ordered them for them. I think that day ordered 15 pairs of fishnets for cam girls. (Yeah I have a fetish for fishnets)

Out of the 15 pairs, all the girls got them and said thanks, but I only got to see 2 of them actually wear them which was disappointing. Most of them were like, I wore them for my boyfriend and he loved them... never to be seen on cam unfortunately.

One of them got them and I asked if she wanted to model them for me in a private and she told me, "thanks for the fishnet, but I don't dress like a slut." I then asked her why she had them on her wishlist and was promptly kicked from the room.

I'm really sorry you had that experience- but I would say that's bound to happen if you just buy items for models you don't know or have a rapport with. There are always going to be a few who ruin the reputation of many, just like there are rude members who could give members in general a bad name. They are not necessarily a representative sample! Personally, I do a little thank-you photoset for every outfit that's bought for me, and I definitely wear them on cam; I try specifically to wear them when I know that member will be around, so we can do a private if they want.

PunkinDrublic said:
Yeah I see money/tokens as payment for a job/service. Gifts would basically be random dudes gifts in our house. I'm sure she'd be mad if I bought gifts for models but doesn't care about pvt shows/amount of tokens spent. Curious what rules models have for husbands/bfs when it comes to camgirls.

I think that would certainly be a matter that's different for each individual couple! I also think a critical difference here is in the dynamic and level of intimacy between members and models. Although I think my regulars are the cat's meow, know each one of them fairly well, and appreciate everything they do- from tipping, to keeping up conversation even when it's slow, to buying things off my Wishlist- 95% of them I have never seen before, certainly not with as much frequency as they see me. I can't hear their voice, or see their minute facial expressions. There's also only one of me, but there are many members. Obviously, they are all still special- they're my boys! They're a tight-knit pack of incredible people. But on a psychological level, members have the opportunity to develop a much more intimate connection to a model than the model can form with them. With that in mind, although gifts are always amazing, unexpected, and occasionally even elicit tears of gratitude, it's not quite as intimate to receive gifts than to give them. No different, really, than them dropping a huge token bomb and me using those tokens to buy the things on my wishlist.

Again, this is a super individual thing- if it bothered my boyfriend for me to have gifts from other guys, I wouldn't have a Wishlist. But it doesn't, so I do!

Reactions: Teagan
LilahMorrigan said:
legmanct said:

I'm really sorry you had that experience- but I would say that's bound to happen if you just buy items for models you don't know or have a rapport with. There are always going to be a few who ruin the reputation of many, just like there are rude members who could give members in general a bad name. They are not necessarily a representative sample! Personally, I do a little thank-you photoset for every outfit that's bought for me, and I definitely wear them on cam; I try specifically to wear them when I know that member will be around, so we can do a private if they want.

I do the same Lilah. They get a video or pic set or something they would like for anything bought for me.

I had fishnets on my list for the longest time and no one bought them, so I took them off. I have a serious loving of tights, fishnets, and socks. I don't get why she would add them if she didn't plan to wear them. Let alone think they were slutty. I'm sorry too you had to deal with that. It was rude of her.

Reactions: Starling
Ok guys, noob here with a question. If someone purchases something from your wishlist and then cancels it, does it still show up under the "purchased" filter? I had someone tell me they bought something off my list last Friday just as a gift and it still hasn't arrived, so I was curious.

I don't know why they would do that as I wasn't accepting the item as payment for a show or anything so they would not have a whole lot to gain. In the scam context, do they usually wait to cancel until after the show or cancel immediately? Sorry for all the questions, ahh!

*edited for clarity

LillaStClaire said:
Ok guys, noob here with a question. If someone purchases something from your wishlist and then cancels it, does it still show up under the "purchased" filter? I had someone tell me they bought something off my list last Friday just as a gift and it still hasn't arrived, so I was curious.

I don't know why they would do that as I wasn't accepting the item as payment for a show or anything so they would not have a whole lot to gain. In the scam context, do they usually wait to cancel until after the show or cancel immediately? Sorry for all the questions, ahh!

*edited for clarity

Sometimes things take a long time to arrive if they're shipped from overseas. I know I get emails from Amazon to notify me when items have been shipped, and they include tracking info!

Reactions: LillaStClaire
I had a total and utter twat bag told me last week he was sending me £250 Amazon GC's email ones.
He said the date was set to arrive to me on 15th being today.

We've chatted loads, he is a regular in my room. And of course giftcards havent arrived im so angry....my blood is boiling.
Why do that? I was excited all week and now I just want to expload with anger :liar: :angry4:

I can do without them it dont bother me, its the lies

Reactions: LillaStClaire
LilahMorrigan said:
LillaStClaire said:

*edited for clarity

Sometimes things take a long time to arrive if they're shipped from overseas. I know I get emails from Amazon to notify me when items have been shipped, and they include tracking info!

Hmm, okay. Yeah, they are shipping from in the U.S. and would be awesome to have for my room but I guess I will just sit tight. If they don't come I was planning on ordering them, but I obviously don't want to end up with two. Do you mean you get notifications when wishlist items ship or just general purchases?

Status
Not open for further replies.