AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Mac + Logitech C920 + ASPECT RATIO WTF

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KatVonnegut

Inactive Cam Model
Aug 17, 2014
Twitter Username
@KatVonnegut
Tumblr Username
kat-landia
MFC Username
Kat_Vonnegut
Hey ladies/guys/pervs and lady pervs of the internet...
I feel silly posting this in this topic but I figured there might be some technically inclined folk out in the public section of the forum that might be able to contribute some help to my question.

I have a Logitech C920 webcam and when I plug it into my Mac Book and try to stream on MFC the aspect ratio goes waaaay off.
I've tried running iGlasses like someone suggested, and it fixed the aspect ratio but it ran at 2 fps and I was laggy as fack.
When I open photobooth with the C920 it looks fine and normal, just not for MFC.
WOE IS ME.
I don't know computers very well. I have a shitty HP laptop but somedays I'd rather cam from my nice big fancy computer that actually has processing power yannow.

Side note I'm running Mavericks if that makes a difference.
I swear I've used the search feature but haven't found much about aspect ratios and macs, but I will keep searching.

I use a c920 as well, not with mavericks but with a macintosh.

I use the Logitech camera settings program from the logi website for contrast, focus and zoom, then Camtwist to add a watermark and to fix the aspect ratio.

Id suggest downloading Camtwist beta and see if you can get it to work by messing with the resolution settings in Camtwist preferences menu. If you have trouble, hit me up andaybe I can make it work.

Good luck!

I'd asked Amber about this in a PM because I saw in a post that she had a Mac (not sure what to get still, digressing), but she said that if you run Windows through Bootcamp, all of the Logitech software should work just fine.

Also, from someone else, if you do decide to run Window's through Bootcamp, it was recommended to allot around 100GB to run Windows. That way if you want to record shows and stuff you have an ample amount of space and whatnot.

Reactions: KatVonnegut
Cam twist won't recognize my C920 as a video option and I doubt it would be happy running windows via boot camp but I will try that!
I was using Firefox in 32 bit mode and it was working but the sound will randomly cut out for no reason and then the browser freezes and crashes.
Ughhhh so frustrating!!
:snooty:

Status
Not open for further replies.