AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Manyvids, Onlyfans or both?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal_Bat

Inactive Cam Model
Jun 29, 2017
Atl
chaturbate.com
So I'm finally getting into doing other avenues that aren't just camming and I held a poll asking this same question (46% voted for both) but I was curious how you guys handle this content wise. Do you post similar content on both of the sites or do you cater certain things to each? Also does onlyfans make my snap irrelevant or should I keep maintaining that as well? There are so many options for content now so its kinda hard to figure out what is most viable but I also don't wanna stretch myself so thin that my content starts to suck.

OF can be slow to build up momentum, and some people leave if you don't update it constantly, but if you have a decent following, it's worth setting one up. I would say the crowd is pretty different from the Snap crowd... there doesn't seem to be a huge crossover there.

Just a heads up on OF... their site is broken AS FUCK and don't even try to bother with the app if you don't want to pull your hair out. Their customer service is also absolutely atrocious.
That being said, its def another viable way to monetize... just know going into it the site doesn't work some days, and using it via mobile is extremely frustrating. Best to update when on a computer.

Yea I completely agree with GoddessLilith, HOWEVER!!! lol I feel like if you're a hermit crab like me if it's the ONLY place you upload your content it can be beneficial! And I try my DAMNDEST to keep it updated like GoddessLilith said. You kinda have to KEEP the uploads coming or else your fans will not find the value in it. YOU JUST GOTTA PUT YOUR ALL INTO IT :h:..It is for your ONLY FANS...yea, but as far as I've heard because for years people have been asking me to do manyvids and I'm not quite sure. I see too many model's content ALLLLLLL over the internet and I HATE IT because we put too much time and effort into that content for someone to pay for it ONE TIME and then MAXBOOST IT ALLLL over the web. I feel with onlyfans I have more security. Maybe/maybe not. People complain sometimes about the length of videos but to be honest with you, the longer the clip the longer in my day I have to take away from camming because my bandwidth diminishes because of the massive size of the clip. You have to provide lots of content so that your fans can see the value in continuing to renew when the clips are sometimes 5 mins and shorter and the crazy issues of the site being down and customer service taking 2 weeks or more to respond. Just my 2 cents. Hope whichever u choose it works out VERY WELL for you ALL! :h:

One of my biggest concern with OF is that once you close your account they don't seem to actually close it. Its like the deactivate it but ppl can still sign up and unless members physically cancel their accounts they will still be charged. Ive heard of this happening to at least 2 girls and I am sure there are more.

Yea I completely agree with GoddessLilith, HOWEVER!!! lol I feel like if you're a hermit crab like me if it's the ONLY place you upload your content it can be beneficial! And I try my DAMNDEST to keep it updated like GoddessLilith said. You kinda have to KEEP the uploads coming or else your fans will not find the value in it. YOU JUST GOTTA PUT YOUR ALL INTO IT :h:..It is for your ONLY FANS...yea, but as far as I've heard because for years people have been asking me to do manyvids and I'm not quite sure. I see too many model's content ALLLLLLL over the internet and I HATE IT because we put too much time and effort into that content for someone to pay for it ONE TIME and then MAXBOOST IT ALLLL over the web. I feel with onlyfans I have more security. Maybe/maybe not. People complain sometimes about the length of videos but to be honest with you, the longer the clip the longer in my day I have to take away from camming because my bandwidth diminishes because of the massive size of the clip. You have to provide lots of content so that your fans can see the value in continuing to renew when the clips are sometimes 5 mins and shorter and the crazy issues of the site being down and customer service taking 2 weeks or more to respond. Just my 2 cents. Hope whichever u choose it works out VERY WELL for you ALL! :h:

I am very underwhelmed with how My videos are doing on MV. Maybe because I'm doing fetish content, idk. But supposedly "foot fetish" is a commonly searched term and I've sold almost NOTHING on there since I joined in Dec, I've got a lot of videos too. I feel like unless you're a well known cam girl you won't do as well there because it's like the cam girl clips site. Just My impression of it over the last 8 months. It was really time consuming to have to upload everything manually (they don't use FTP) and so far I have not gotten enough return on My time investment. :/

One of my biggest concern with OF is that once you close your account they don't seem to actually close it. Its like the deactivate it but ppl can still sign up and unless members physically cancel their accounts they will still be charged. Ive heard of this happening to at least 2 girls and I am sure there are more.

Woah, what?!? That is super fucking weird!! Thanks for the heads up!!

Oh wow! Yea thank you for relaying this information! Something to keep in mind!

I am very underwhelmed with how My videos are doing on MV. Maybe because I'm doing fetish content, idk. But supposedly "foot fetish" is a commonly searched term and I've sold almost NOTHING on there since I joined in Dec, I've got a lot of videos too. I feel like unless you're a well known cam girl you won't do as well there because it's like the cam girl clips site. Just My impression of it over the last 8 months. It was really time consuming to have to upload everything manually (they don't use FTP) and so far I have not gotten enough return on My time investment. :/
And, see that's the thing I have NO IDEA if I AM A WELL KNOWN CAMMODEL OR NOT lol..I'll say my days are so off and on sometimes that I feel like I'm only popular during certain days of the week. I am looking more towards clip making but trying my best to lock those down tightly so that THEY CAN STAY PROFITABLE! but at the same time I know what I signed up for, and hopefully it will in the end MAKE GOOD MONEY SENSE. Thank you, everyone! :)

And, see that's the thing I have NO IDEA if I AM A WELL KNOWN CAMMODEL OR NOT lol..I'll say my days are so off and on sometimes that I feel like I'm only popular during certain days of the week. I am looking more towards clip making but trying my best to lock those down tightly so that THEY CAN STAY PROFITABLE! but at the same time I know what I signed up for, and hopefully it will in the end MAKE GOOD MONEY SENSE. Thank you, everyone! :)

TBH I'd recommend starting on C4S first. They are the only site that has been consistent for Me with sales over the months and years. And they do have FTP so it's a much faster setup. The site looks super old, but once you get used to it, it's not so bad.

Definitely will have to look into C4S! TBH i am just starting to get really serious about this, since 4 years being into camming I have seen the awesomeness it has provided to me and my loved ones! However, I want to crank those funds up a notch- we have decided I'm in this thing so might as well not half-ass it anymore. Do you see a benefit to putting your videos all over different sites just to see an accumulative side pay or do you think there is something to only putting your content on a site that will reward you MORE? For me I only like signing up for sites where the payout is greater than 50% even if the number of signups and popularity may not be as grand as other sites.

Reactions: GoddessLilith
I would definitely recommend spreading them around wherever you can. It is time consuming and some of them might not sell in some places, but you're sure to sell some in some places!

OnlyFans is incredibly annoying like other members have mentioned. Maybe start with ManyVids and Clips4Sale first?

This happened to me after I'd already been quite public about shutting down my OF and the members who signed up weren't happy...

Either way, it's a site full of payment problems, I'm not touching it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.