AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

ManyVids tips?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 13, 2016
Hey! So I've been a cam model off and on for the past few months, but I'd really like to get into ManyVids. I know it's a bit of a vanilla site.. any tips from you lovely people on my first few videos and how to work with them? I already have an account set up. I'd really appreciate it!

1) Mind the MV score. There's some things that will have a permanent impact, such as a complete profile, adding your Twitter, offering Skype, customs, Fund Me, phone sex, x-amount of photos, x-amount of videos and a couple other algorithm signals. Outside of that, there's criteria that is used from the past 60 days(?) (pretty sure it's 60, maybe 90, would have to check) such as number of hearts, number of reviews, number of new videos and store items, ect.

2) Compete in the competitions. I can tell you there's a 3-model photo contest going on right now. If you can signup two other girls you know in your area, you can all compete. MV usually offers (might be always) a revshare on the money earned from the votes you receive, plus you'll be featured on the contest page. Free money and free publicity.

3) It's all about the content. More content = more chance for discovery and sales. Whether you want to try dominating a fetish or diversifying the type of content you offer is completely up to you and there's advantages to going either route. Producing higher quality content will also help. Whether this means shooting in higher resolution, more dilligence in editing, better lighting, so on.

4) Outside promotion never hurts. Shame their affiliate program is only for model referral or I'd say you could make some extra bucks this way as well.

Hey! So I've been a cam model off and on for the past few months, but I'd really like to get into ManyVids. I know it's a bit of a vanilla site.. any tips from you lovely people on my first few videos and how to work with them? I already have an account set up. I'd really appreciate it!

Do you have twitter/tumblr? If so, promo there, follow other girls, cross-promote. Screencaps/making animated gifs/photosets can really help promotion. Use social media to encourage members (not models because some girls will literally post it on your wall and its a peeve of most girls) to heart your profile. I don't know whether hearts effect ranks but it's a good chance to lure them onto your profile and look at stuff.
What kind of videos do you have? You're correct vanilla content sells a bit more than fetish (for me anyway) but it's still worth it to put everything you can up though just in case. Dildo riding, vibrators, cute themed outfits, striptease/dancing, oil, jerk off instruction are all decent sellers to start with.
My MV's rank went from +400 to currently 71. Since I started doing B/G clips I've been in the top 100 monthly earners so if you do have another partner to perform with you could reap a lot of benefits.

Consistency. Consistently upload photos, videos, and store items. Don't upload all the videos you have in one day unless you plan on keeping it consistent because in 40 or so days all those points you got from those uploads (or a lot of the points) will drop. It did that to me. Also don't just upload a bunch of photos one week, because it seems their value goes down if you upload just one thing and not the other too. And yeah, the site is mainly vanilla, BUT putting up some tame fetish stuff (Balloons, Belly button, Etc) will give you points and can get a few sales so they are worth it, but I'd say only if you need to update or already have them made. Don't make an elaborate 15 minute balloon popping video because I don't think you will get your moneys worth. (C4S is good for that. cx)

• Helpful!
Reactions: Amberlie_
My inputs from as a manyvids customer if I may!

Finding your videos:
Accurate tags for your videos - I use these a lot when I’m looking for something specific.

Video titles – I want to be able to quickly what the video is about just from the title.

Deciding if I want to buy:
Make use of the 9 second preview – don’t have an 8 second intro graphic which fades into the black! I’ve seen some videos that have an edited preview – they show different parts of the video and the clever ones end on a cliff hanger (i.e. ending on pull up a t shirt).

Detailed description – this one is obvious, the more details you put the more likely I’ll know if it’s what I’m looking for.

After buying:
Video file names - add your name to the video file name (or at least make sure you put it in your title graphics). I just have one folder for my MV videos as I buy them from lots of different performers.

Thank you message - A quick thank you message leaves a good impression, it’s also a good opportunity for you to (politely!) ask for a review or to tell them about any special (multi-buy) deals you may be having.

MV has been decent to me so far. Update with new vids, pics, and store items regularly. Make sure the "tweet to MV" option is clicked, I get a lot of traffic to my store through Twitter. It has a pretty nice site design (except when you try to change your window size, then a bunch of things disappear) and they answer your questions fairly quickly. There is more about it in the Models Only section here.

I like that there is a button for everything, makes it easier for members to just click and buy, no "how much is x tokens in real money." And If someone buys panties their address will pop up in your earnings section so you don't have to ask. Or if someone buys texting their Kik username or phone # will be shared with you automatically. Buuuut they are a newer clipsite and have been updating/changing things so that can get a little annoying.

My BIG issue is their payout methods- they say payout is $50 but that's only for a payoneer card. $100 you can get the check mailed. $500 you can get a direct deposit to your bank account. I myself plus a bunch of other models think the method is stupid because it was incredibly hard to reach payout the first time. It took 3 months to make $100. Now that I have more people interested and I'm a higher rank it's getting better. My next check in the mail will be $200. But it's still dumb as shit to have $500 be the minimum for ACH.

They also have dumb contests/features. "You should make a free video!" Um no, I'm not giving away free content, you can look at my previews. "You should do this Cream Team contest!" You mean mash 3 pics of models together and people vote on their fav? No, again, dumb.

I have a regular that is amazing and buys all my vids but he complains about MV as a buyer. Bunch of gimmicks like the "intensity" of a clip. Yeah uh, there's no way people will mistake the 4 way Marine gangbang as softcore. And when buyers download the clip it won't give you the model's name, so you have a bunch of random clips with whatever name the model gave that file instead of a nicely arranged collection.

If you're getting into clipsites then I guess do MV and C4S. I got MV originally because I could host my videos and give an MFC member a link instead of using mediafire or dropbox. But then they need to become an MV member to open the link, so that idea's trashed. Overall I would just be consistent and make sure you have a good following, and don't expect to make more than you do on MFC or whatever camsite you're on. And it's always nice to make $$ even though you've been lying in bed doing nothing for a week.

I signed up today, never tried any places to sell vids before, it seemed very easy and smooth, but havent sold any yet =/

GL

How are you doing now? Have you had better success? It took me a couple days in the beginning of not selling any videos, but I was just ecstatic when I logged on one day and I had been noticed! I had 3 sales without doing any promoting, it was pretty awesome ;) Now I have the motivation to continue and have been doing better on ManyVids than I have on my caming... lol

Do you have twitter/tumblr? If so, promo there, follow other girls, cross-promote. Screencaps/making animated gifs/photosets can really help promotion. Use social media to encourage members (not models because some girls will literally post it on your wall and its a peeve of most girls) to heart your profile. I don't know whether hearts effect ranks but it's a good chance to lure them onto your profile and look at stuff.
What kind of videos do you have? You're correct vanilla content sells a bit more than fetish (for me anyway) but it's still worth it to put everything you can up though just in case. Dildo riding, vibrators, cute themed outfits, striptease/dancing, oil, jerk off instruction are all decent sellers to start with.
My MV's rank went from +400 to currently 71. Since I started doing B/G clips I've been in the top 100 monthly earners so if you do have another partner to perform with you could reap a lot of benefits.

Wow! B/G helped you out that much! That is a good option to consider... I only have a couple B/G videos but I think I really want to try and start uploading more. I would be curious how it would benefit me after how much it benefited you! That's great.

1) Mind the MV score. There's some things that will have a permanent impact, such as a complete profile, adding your Twitter, offering Skype, customs, Fund Me, phone sex, x-amount of photos, x-amount of videos and a couple other algorithm signals. Outside of that, there's criteria that is used from the past 60 days(?) (pretty sure it's 60, maybe 90, would have to check) such as number of hearts, number of reviews, number of new videos and store items, ect.

2) Compete in the competitions. I can tell you there's a 3-model photo contest going on right now. If you can signup two other girls you know in your area, you can all compete. MV usually offers (might be always) a revshare on the money earned from the votes you receive, plus you'll be featured on the contest page. Free money and free publicity.

3) It's all about the content. More content = more chance for discovery and sales. Whether you want to try dominating a fetish or diversifying the type of content you offer is completely up to you and there's advantages to going either route. Producing higher quality content will also help. Whether this means shooting in higher resolution, more dilligence in editing, better lighting, so on.

4) Outside promotion never hurts. Shame their affiliate program is only for model referral or I'd say you could make some extra bucks this way as well.

I love your idea about joining the contest in #2, not because of the money, being a new model getting the votes would just be difficult... but for the free publicity! I wanted to join when I noticed this a few days ago, I am new though, like I said, so that makes it difficult to find other models who are wanting to join a team we me! Hopefully next time!

About how often does MV run contests?

I've been on MV since November but didn't start posting till a few days ago. I have two videos up and had one sold thanks to a loyal follower on my Tumblr. I like MV better than ELM because its easier to access and not as cluttered.

I've only made $6 so far but I'm hustling on social media and will probably join a live cam site for more promo!

At least once every month or so. If you get verified there's a few threads in the Models Only -> Clipsites section, I think there's a ManyVids rep that replies pretty frequently.

How are you doing now? Have you had better success? It took me a couple days in the beginning of not selling any videos, but I was just ecstatic when I logged on one day and I had been noticed! I had 3 sales without doing any promoting, it was pretty awesome ;) Now I have the motivation to continue and have been doing better on ManyVids than I have on my caming... lol

Just one so far, im wondering if I should try C4S as well as the traffic there is much greater apparently. I havent dont much promo other than my mfc tho.

Just one so far, im wondering if I should try C4S as well as the traffic there is much greater apparently. I havent dont much promo other than my mfc tho.

C4S is great if you're looking for a site that has a lot of its own traffic. You can do no independent advertising and still do quite well there. It's rare that a month goes by that I don't make payout ($50), even during months when I didn't upload or advertise a thing. Typically, C4S is better for more specific niche fetishes and domme content than vanilla content, and many fetishes are quite easy to learn. There are tons of categories, so it's pretty easy to try something new here and there to learn what sells best for you.

Manyvids has lowered their ACH minimum from $500 to $150 a couple months ago, but it still takes quite a while to reach that. It took me over a year to make the $100 required for a check on Manyvids, but I can easily update C4S just a couple times a month and make $150. However, keep in mind that I produce very little vanilla content - my domme content sells best on C4S, so that's my focus, with fetish as a second priority and vanilla essentially never. Ladies who produce mostly or all vanilla content may struggle on C4S but do far better on Manyvids.

C4S is great if you're looking for a site that has a lot of its own traffic. You can do no independent advertising and still do quite well there. It's rare that a month goes by that I don't make payout ($50), even during months when I didn't upload or advertise a thing. Typically, C4S is better for more specific niche fetishes and domme content than vanilla content, and many fetishes are quite easy to learn. There are tons of categories, so it's pretty easy to try something new here and there to learn what sells best for you.

Manyvids has lowered their ACH minimum from $500 to $150 a couple months ago, but it still takes quite a while to reach that. It took me over a year to make the $100 required for a check on Manyvids, but I can easily update C4S just a couple times a month and make $150. However, keep in mind that I produce very little vanilla content - my domme content sells best on C4S, so that's my focus, with fetish as a second priority and vanilla essentially never. Ladies who produce mostly or all vanilla content may struggle on C4S but do far better on Manyvids.

Yup I tottally agree and I signed up yesturday and sold 3 vids already which was great, C4S like you said has many categories and niche areas for us all to take a little bit of market share.

Thanks for the tips and comments :)

• Helpful!
Reactions: Kinky_Casey
https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/ManyVids
^ This has some good starter info.

As someone that uses and/or has used seemingly every clip site on the market, I can tell you that MV is a weird place. The sales on here, at least for me, are not consistent and come in bursts. I can not have anything for like 2 days then, all of a sudden, bam! Sale after sale from the same user or few users. I have no idea why this is. Usually, on clip sites, sales are pretty consistent with a few bursts here and there.

As others have stated, the sales on here are surely way lower than what I make on other sites. Also, my fetish store does better than my vanilla tease store (so sad, I know, haha).

For sure, do everything you can to get your score up (via offering as much as you're comfortable and able) and keep posting consistently. ^_^

I love your idea about joining the contest in #2, not because of the money, being a new model getting the votes would just be difficult... but for the free publicity! I wanted to join when I noticed this a few days ago, I am new though, like I said, so that makes it difficult to find other models who are wanting to join a team we me! Hopefully next time!

I remember seeing you make this comment, so I figured I'd share their latest competition.....Which is kind of weird and an April Fools of sorts, but all you have to do is tweet, so fuck yea!

If you're getting into clipsites then I guess do MV and C4S. I got MV originally because I could host my videos and give an MFC member a link instead of using mediafire or dropbox. But then they need to become an MV member to open the link, so that idea's trashed.

Have you tried projectmaenad? That's the BEST video hosting site for me to sell videos on MFC. Just upload the video, create a password, set the number of downloads and BOOM you give them the link. No problem. That's why I like projectmaenad because the link expires after they downloaded it to the number of times YOU set it to (I only do 1) also I like the fact that you can create a password in order for the customer to get to the video.

My BIG issue is their payout methods- they say payout is $50 but that's only for a payoneer card. $100 you can get the check mailed. $500 you can get a direct deposit to your bank account. I myself plus a bunch of other models think the method is stupid because it was incredibly hard to reach payout the first time. It took 3 months to make $100. Now that I have more people interested and I'm a higher rank it's getting better. My next check in the mail will be $200. But it's still dumb as shit to have $500 be the minimum for ACH.

This is my BIGGEST issue with manyvids (besides their dumb contests that only focuses on the top girls). Their payout options are dumb as hell. It should be $100 ACH and $50 for check and maybe $150 for wire transfer. That's how it SHOULD be seeing as how US models earn THEM traffic and revenue. It's like they don't want us to get paid! I think after I reach payout this time (which is sooner than soon) I'm closing my store and just focusing on my website. I heard ACH used to be $500 ( I signed up when it was only $150) ...To be honest even $150 is too much. They should be trying to pay US MODELS ASAP especially since they take their cut of the money from the beginning. Yes there are a lot of MV models and studios and one might ponder up the thought that because there's so many studios and models that, yanking up the payout minimum, would keep the payouts under control seeing as how they have to do so many but that's bullshit. If they can't handle doing 6265382000 payouts a day they they shouldn't have made the damn site. Honestly I'm fed up with Manyvids (for the second time). I might change my mind I might not but right now this is where I stand!

As someone that uses and/or has used seemingly every clip site on the market, I can tell you that MV is a weird place. The sales on here, at least for me, are not consistent and come in bursts. I can not have anything for like 2 days then, all of a sudden, bam! Sale after sale from the same user or few users. I have no idea why this is.

THISSS! SO F*CKN TRUE! The first day I made my store I uploaded only 2 clips. One squirting and the other pussy dildo play and 2 people bought each video TWICE (don't know if that was a mistake or different people) that same NIGHT I made my store. Couple days go by and nothing. Then finally another sale on other videos I uploaded. MV is really a gamble. A gamble that I'm tired of losing :cry:

I hear lots of good things about C4S and I want to Make a store but I already have my website and my Manyvids store. Plus Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, snapchat, periscope etc along with Camsoda and MFC. That's a lot to keep up with daily and update and if I add C4S I'm afraid I'll be spreading myself too thin :speechless:

I hear lots of good things about C4S and I want to Make a store but I already have my website and my Manyvids store. Plus Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, snapchat, periscope etc along with Camsoda and MFC. That's a lot to keep up with daily and update and if I add C4S I'm afraid I'll be spreading myself too thin

C4S and ManyVids are both fine with you uploading videos there that are on other sites, so you wouldn't have to make separate content for each, just post the videos both places (be clear that they're the same video, try to have the same title, description, and picture on both sites with a notice that it's the same video when you post it on your twitter). Also, when you open a C4S "studio" (that's what they call the seller's accounts), you automatically get a Pics4Sale and Vids4Sale store with it. Vids4Sale lets you upload higher quality videos to be sold as DVD's. Pics4Sale lets you sell picture sets, and again, you can use stuff you have posted elsewhere. So, once a month, you could upload the best pics you put on snapchat a couple months back as a set to buy, for those who missed that month.

Ive had multiple c4s stores for 5 ish years now and can tell you it's far more lucrative than manyvids, but is also far more fetish based. I havent uploaded abything in one of my stores for nearly a year and money still trickles in lol. Hard work on c4s = serious earnings! Not so much on manyvids. Everything there is skewed towards the top models and theres literally no way for anyone else to break through. Ive had my store for just over a year and have probably averaged $30 per month no matter how much effort I put into it. Im just now as of about 2 months ago starting to see more sales and hitting the $100 mark. It is very vanilla and guys like blowjobs so it's just a bit too vanilla porn style for me to put much serious time into but it's nice to have a few more passive income pennies nevertheless :)

Does anyone know if MV is advertising for memberships? I sold three 3-month memberships TODAY.... wtf? I average ZERO of those per month so to get 3 in one day is just bizarre. Awesome!!! But bizarre.

I dunno, I sold two 3month memberships last month within days of each other.....I found it odd, but I'll take the money.

I feel like after reading this I might need to sign up for C4S. I just made a manyvids and I'm still pretty iffy about it. .-.
I'm trying to draw traffic to it, and when I post vids and it gets shared to twitter I always get a few views and new twitter followers, but I've only sold ONE video so far which makes me kinda bummed.

Whale whale whale. Looks like they smartened up a bit. A liiiiiittle applause for ManyVids *claps two fingers together*

Also I thought I made up smartened but it's a real word.
We would have loved to have our ACH at 50$, but these are our bank and processing regulations... As time goes by we are constantly working on getting the best payout options. :)

• Helpful!
Reactions: Picnic
It should be $100 ACH and $50 for check and maybe $150 for wire transfer. To be honest even $150 is too much. They should be trying to pay US MODELS ASAP especially since they take their cut of the money from the beginning.

Hey Camila,

I am sorry you are having a rough time, and I hope things get better. I do want to clarify something. When you go from a brand new company, to pretty much the top 5000 sites in the world in traffic, the most important thing is our reputation. quality and stability. All our competitors do not have the same problem when it comes to having a constant explosive growth month to month. Our MAIN, and most IMPORTANT focus is stable, consistent payouts. All minimums on payouts are carefully calculated according to this, and reduced as time goes by.

As for getting our cut since the beginning, we wish that was true. A % is taken right off the bat from processors and their fee, then up to 10% is taken as holdback by their banks, and released to us 6 months later (yes 6 months). Whatever is remaining is released to us a few weeks from the sale date.

As you can see, if you add up a lot of payouts and sales, and all the above factors, it takes VERY careful planning to ensure a stable payout. So far, since our launch, we have NEVER missed a payment, and have never been late. We take immense pride in that.

Hey Camila,

I am sorry you are having a rough time, and I hope things get better. I do want to clarify something. When you go from a brand new company, to pretty much the top 5000 sites in the world in traffic, the most important thing is our reputation. quality and stability. All our competitors do not have the same problem when it comes to having a constant explosive growth month to month. Our MAIN, and most IMPORTANT focus is stable, consistent payouts. All minimums on payouts are carefully calculated according to this, and reduced as time goes by.

As for getting our cut since the beginning, we wish that was true. A % is taken right off the bat from processors and their fee, then up to 10% is taken as holdback by their banks, and released to us 6 months later (yes 6 months). Whatever is remaining is released to us a few weeks from the sale date.

As you can see, if you add up a lot of payouts and sales, and all the above factors, it takes VERY careful planning to ensure a stable payout. So far, since our launch, we have NEVER missed a payment, and have never been late. We take immense pride in that.

Any chance you can at least start sending emails when payments have been sent? Bring it up every time I end up exchanging emails with MV, but since we're talking payouts on this forum, figured might as well bring it up again here, too ;)

It's just always nice knowing when you're getting paid and how big the payout is.

Reactions: FoxxyDrips
Status
Not open for further replies.