AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Media request: Will any cammers from New Zealand talk to me about their experiences?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 9, 2018
Hi there,

I'm a reporter for the New Zealand Herald, and am looking into a story about digital sex work. Specifically I'm looking at younger people and students getting into digital sex work as a way to pay for University costs and that kind of thing.

Just to make it clear, I'm not anti-sex work and will not be presenting this perspective in my article. I'm more looking at it in the context of our super expensive living costs, and younger people using different methods to make it through.

Anyone from NZ on here who might be happy to talk to me? Would be great if so - feel free to contact me on here or on my work email: alice.peacock@nzherald.co.nz

Alice

So because the economy is shit now, why all these womens hoes

Last edited:
  • Funny!
Reactions: Mila_
It's really interesting to me how reporters will pick their perspective BEFORE they talk to the people providing the information.

I'm a cammer originally from nz. And my decision to cam 7 years ago had nothing to do with nz shit economy.

I'm glad you're pro sex work but... what if ppl in nz have been camming and it's nothing to do w the economy and more to do w nz decriminalization of sex work? Or cos kiwi chicks are more sexually open? What if u find more cammers in nz cities not due to increased cost of living but because that's the only places in nz with fast enough internet.

I'm not really mad at you I just hate the way these stories are reported in general *sigh*

I think the perspective on sex work in general is from a preconceived view that people would only do it if you had no other choice. They're projecting regular societal norms (that selling yourself for physical pleasure is dirty and shameful) and trying to find an explanation for why otherwise respectable people would do it. The old myth of the girl stripping at night to put herself through college and then she'll quit immediately because she would obviously want to have a respectable job right? To acknowledge that people might actually enjoy their sexual side starts to get into societal uneasiness, or outright aversion, to all things overtly sexual.

Or I might just be projecting my graduate studies onto a guy asking about a newspaper article on a camming forum. That's also possible.

I try not to go off-topic on the forums so hope i'll be forgiven the exception, but just wanted to thank all for having me think of kiwis pronouncing "cam" and giving me a chuckle. Bless NZ :)

• Funny!
Reactions: Tracerhead
Status
Not open for further replies.