AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Members' obsession with location, why?!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I let them get about 2-5 questions, depending on my mood that day, then a firm warning, then a ban.

I also think that banning dudes while they're reading your profile is a little silly. I don't even ban if they've been in my room for 20+ minutes, but I do add a note of "lurking/freewanker?" at that point and angle my cam higher up so there's less boob visible. I'm bitchy, but I'm not an outright asshole.

I've had quite a few gentlemen type almost immediately upon entering my room, something that indicates that they are reading my profile. I'm guessing that they developed this habit after being kicked a few too many times. But, even if they don't end up staying, I'm aware that they took the time to read my profile, which is A+ in my book.

Same... they'll apologize right away that they're about to be quiet for a minute or two while reading my profile. Wow, you do not have to apologize for that! I can imagine that some (but definitely not all) profile ignorance and immediate shallow small talking is encouraged by too-quick blocking these guys encounter in other rooms.

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
Same... they'll apologize right away that they're about to be quiet for a minute or two while reading my profile. Wow, you do not have to apologize for that! I can imagine that some (but definitely not all) profile ignorance and immediate shallow small talking is encouraged by too-quick blocking these guys encounter in other rooms.

If I'm in the room, and reading their profile, browsing MFC share, or something related to them and I miss some typing or verbal directed at me I do apologize for not paying attention and will let them know why it happened. Sometimes it leads to her asking "Oh, did you learn anything interesting?" at which I'll point out one or two things that caught my attention. This is in reference to MFC of course. SM, is only models I have visited previous so will say "Hi" fist then check profiles for any updates.

I think it's good to remember that the type of models we have here on this forum are not actually the majority. For a model whose native language is something other than English, "how are you?", "where are you from?"--those are going to be some easy things to ask to engage viewers. And as mentioned above, some of our viewers aren't necessarily fluent in English themselves. Even if almost no one who posts here would ever ask where a member is from, I'm not going to get crabby right off the bat about what really is just a small talk sort of question that they won't have had an issue with in the past. I've had plenty of members say to me "oh, I never had anyone think this was a problem before" (on many subjects), and I believe them. Unless I'm in a generally crabby mood, it isn't until they ignore a "no" from me and press the issue that I'll be bothered (even if I probably start out snarky, which I can't help.) I do often explain why some models won't be pleased to be asked such things. Most of the time they seem to understand. It's not my job to educate, but some days I can be slightly patient.

I guess I just wasn't taught how to human correctly, it doesn't even occur to me to ask that sort of thing irl.

• Funny!
Reactions: Lunasha
I guess I just wasn't taught how to human correctly, it doesn't even occur to me to ask that sort of thing irl.

Me neither. Absolute rubbish at small talk. You are also on the autism spectrum somewhere, I think? If it doesn't have any greater relevance I'm ultimately just going to be confused. Not to mention that they usually ask "where are you from?" and yet seem to want to know where I am. Those are completely different things!

Alas, it's true, I'm not really quick on the ban button in general, unless I'm dealing with trolls. I guess I'm still trying to decide what kind of camgirl I want to be and how I want my personality to come through. In real life, I'm really the quiet type and I will almost always back up from any kind of confrontation, unless necessary.
In yesterday's case, I guess I let them play that little game because I didn't want to give the impression I gave that much importance to my location and the fact that I keep it a secret.

That's still a good thing to keep in mind though, if someone doesn't care about some of your boundaries, they probably won't care about any of them!
You don’t have to ban someone to assert yourself. If you assert firmly that they need to stop, and they don’t... then they ARE trolls or assholes so ban away!

I find the question “Is that your real name?” even more annoying. No, but it’s the name you are gonna call me. Lol.

Just give them what ever info you’re comfortable volunteering. No member should be spending 30 minutes trying to guess your location. That is ridiculous. They need to be focusing more on tipping and making conversation anyway (which doesn’t include asking personal questions that you’ve made clear make you uncomfortable).

I find the question “Is that your real name?” even more annoying. No, but it’s the name you are gonna call me.

"What's your name?"

Uh, what do you see on your screen?

"What's your real name?"

What is "real?" For that matter...

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other word would smell as sweet"

After that point, they can only stick around if they respond by referencing this:

Me neither. Absolute rubbish at small talk. You are also on the autism spectrum somewhere, I think? If it doesn't have any greater relevance I'm ultimately just going to be confused. Not to mention that they usually ask "where are you from?" and yet seem to want to know where I am. Those are completely different things!

Yes to all of the above.

Because they think it’s a dating site. You say you live in the same region and their dicks get extra hard from the “possibility.”
I think one reason they think it's a dating site is because (at least on CB) most of the profiles look like the models just copied over most of their match.com profile. When so many models say that they like ice cream, dancing, and going to movies, don't be surprised if they start asking you dating questions.

Reactions: HiGirlsRHot
In my unlucky experience when they ask me where i am from, next thing is to ask me for real sex in person/meetings which I don't do.

I am tired of this question as well, I usually start with "the internet" , "the world" "i'm a earthling" ... Like what if you are international and travel a lot and don't have a fixed home? lol This is my case mostly so even if I want to be like "Heyyy I am supeeer colombian" I don't feel identified as such even as a citizen, I identify as earthling, human being. :( no nationality... just a big human love goof ball.

Yeah, it gets old when it's so many times and if you're not comfortable it goes down hill and into a harassment situation/sexual harassment? lol

I think I am going to start asking them about where they work, address, bank information, maybe they would feel some kind of empathy?

:) Probably not!

God please help my horny friends understand I am just like them and not a piece of meat. :p

Not to mention that they usually ask "where are you from?" and yet seem to want to know where I am. Those are completely different things!

This. I am from Pennsylvania, but I live in Maryland. Lol.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Also you have to remember 'where are you from?', is the second most asked question from models to members after, 'what's your name?'. So it's not crazy for members hearing that question from every model ever to feel it's free to ask in return. in particular when it's a member trying to make small talk with a language barrier

strange must be different for models whose primary language is english. sure i bet some is for banter, and thats all good. im all for banter. as of lately i have been asking why to people who ask where i am from... and majority of the replies are "to see if you are close" or "i want to meet."

strange must be different for models whose primary language is english. sure i bet some is for banter, and thats all good. im all for banter. as of lately i have been asking why to people who ask where i am from... and majority of the replies are "to see if you are close" or "i want to meet."

I'm not disagreeing that there are not members that are too nosy or have other interests in knowing your location. However it's almost standard script when it comes to studio models of any language even US studios, and there still are a lot of studio models out there. Some models even get upset when you don't give them answers they want even though their responses are still similar. 'How old are you?', 'mmm that's a good age' or 'Where you from?', 'oh I always wanted to visit there'.

Also US models are more likely to add more geoblocks so a US member on average sees LESS US models than someone from western Europe for example. I think it's pretty common for US models to geoblock at least one of the big 4 (New York, Texas, Florida, California) not realizing how much of the market they removed from themselves. We see threads where models have geoblocked the entire US on accident. I've never tried but I'm pretty sure if I try to link 10 random models on this site I'd hit one or two geoblocks.

But you have to consider even if EVERY model on this forum didn't do it that would still be less than 1% of all models so it's still a needle in a haystack from a member's perspective to run into a model that won't ask those questions. It's like finding that model that will never say 'baby'.

Reactions: fandango
I think one reason they think it's a dating site is because (at least on CB) most of the profiles look like the models just copied over most of their match.com profile. When so many models say that they like ice cream, dancing, and going to movies, don't be surprised if they start asking you dating questions.

If that's really their reason, that's a really dumb one haha! I mean, it's pretty much normal that a dating site and a cam site profiles will have similar information...for obvious reasons. If because of that some members tend to forget where they are and why, they probably shouldn't go on camsites. o_O

If that's really their reason, that's a really dumb one haha! I mean, it's pretty much normal that a dating site and a cam site profiles will have similar information...for obvious reasons. If because of that some members tend to forget where they are and why, they probably shouldn't go on camsites. o_O

well, shit. Thanks for killing my dream of meeting "HotAss_6969" and making her my Ukrainian bride from across the ocean. :p ;)

I used to make up a state- then guys would send me detailed site emails about visiting some random family member in the state I was saying I was in. "Oh you live in Idaho? Next month I'm traveling to see my 5th cousin Gilbert, maybe you can show me around". This happened to the point where it was no longer a coincidence.

Now I just say north america or reference my time zone. I had one guy ask me, after a show where we both had fun, and when north america wasnt a good enough answer for him, he went off on me. Left before i could block him, and for the next 6 months would leave abusive tags weekly on my profile. He came in, and i instantly banned him. He has since made 3 different user names to come back in and harass me. This is literally because I didnt want to tell him where I lived.

I dont know if this is because I do 90% domination fetish, that guys get so obsessed with where I am, or attached to me, but my experiences with guys asking that has permanently put me on guard and paranoid, even tho almost all of members are chill and get the hint when I say north america.

Lol, I tell them I'm from Pluto and they reply "what state is that in?" I switched to saying that I'm from Risa but I guess not enough people have watched Star Trek and I have to explain what it is. It's nice being able to blame lag on being 93 lightyears away, though.

Risa!!! Yes that's the best answer! Jean Luc never comes into my room dammit, maybe he would if that were my location.

Also, I tend to just answer that question with "the states" which usually satisfies them, and i think I might get asked that more because I tend to cam in the daytime at the moment, so I get a lot of viewers from the UK. I think at least 50% of that question is just them trying to make small talk like we're sitting in a bar or something, just how we've been conditioned by society to be polite to each other. But no doubt some are just boundary pushing with questionable intentions.

HEY IM IN CANADA TOO BB WHAT PROVINCE BB!?!?!?!?!??!! IM IN TORONTO BB U!?!?!

I have to stop myself at least once a day from yelling "NO ONE GIVES A FLYING FUCK" at the top of my lunges

Sometimes I succeed. Sometimes I do not.

Now I silence anyone who asks without warning. It says in my bio not to ask. If you can't read my bio, tough shit. Usually they get all indignant when silenced and go on a hunt to find out why, thus reading my bio. ^.^

Status
Not open for further replies.