AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Member's Pet Peeves

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jupiter551 said:
Guys who don't contribute to topic, or tip for nakedness/dancing, but make requests and then later say "wanna pvt?"

Yes!

I have a 500 token goal for topless, and ALL tips get a flash. I can tell you that it really sucks when I can't make $25 on an adult site after one full hour of broadcasting.

One time a guest commented on a 1000 token tip, saying that if he tried buying that much, his bank would give him a call or something.

I then explained that 1000 tokens is only US$100, and the model get US$50. I was hinting that your bank shouldn't balk at US$100.

And I got banned by the model.

Another time a guest asked where the model is from. I then helped by saying her profile says she is from Romania. I was also hinting that if you check the profile, most of your questions should be answered.

What the heck??? Why am I being banned for being helpful? Can a model here explain what I did that was remotely wrong? I am giving the full story and I did not even call the model BB or something.

nervous101 said:
One time a guest commented on a 1000 token tip, saying that if he tried buying that much, his bank would give him a call or something.

I then explained that 1000 tokens is only US$100, and the model get US$50. I was hinting that your bank shouldn't balk at US$100.

Another time a guest asked where the model is from. I then helped by saying her profile says she is from Romania. I was also hinting that if you check the profile, most of your questions should be answered.

What the heck??? Why am I being banned for being helpful? Can a model here explain what I did that was remotely wrong? I am giving the full story and I did not even call the model BB or something.

If you're one of those guys who is constantly speaking FOR the model during times when she's available to speak for herself, that can get annoying. She doesn't need you to speak for her, unless she's in the middle of a cum show, or she's left the room for a quick minute.

I'm not sure why you got banned for the comment about the bank though, but yeah, you're right...people make $100+ credit card purchases all the time without getting calls from their bank, so that guy was probably just talking out of his ass. He probably saw the other guy getting mad props for a big tip, so he got a tad jealous and decided to make excuses for why HE isn't tipping?

nervous101 said:

Yeah, unless you're always trying to speak FOR the model ..this was probably a weird ban... doesn't sound like you did anything wrong to me.

What sprang to mind? The model didn't want you drawing attention to the actual $$ amount of tokens?? Some models treat it like its a state secret what they make of tokens...

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
The_Brown_Fox said:
nervous101 said:

If you're one of those guys who is constantly speaking FOR the model during times when she's available to speak for herself, that can get annoying. She doesn't need you to speak for her, unless she's in the middle of a cum show, or she's left the room for a quick minute.

I'm not sure why you got banned for the comment about the bank though, but yeah, you're right...people make $100+ credit card purchases all the time without getting calls from their bank, so that guy was probably just talking out of his ass. He probably saw the other guy getting mad props for a big tip, so he got a tad jealous and decided to make excuses for why HE isn't tipping?

Thanks for the reply.

No I can assure you that I'm not constantly doing that for those 2 models concerned, because I got banned from the first model just for making that comment alone. I was a new premium and could not chat in there previously.

For the second one, it was literally the first thing I said.

But I will note that it can get annoying if done repeatedly.

Miss_Lollipop said:
nervous101 said:

Yeah, unless you're always trying to speak FOR the model ..this was probably a weird ban... doesn't sound like you did anything wrong to me.

What sprang to mind? The model didn't want you drawing attention to the actual $$ amount of tokens?? Some models treat it like its a state secret what they make of tokens...

Well the tip was visible in public and what I stated was more or less public information.

But I'll note that being too helpful can be annoying.

nervous101 said:

1000 tokens is only $80 for the member, unless he is buying them in 5 sets of 200 each. Maybe she banned you because you did not realize that tokens are cheaper when you actually purchase more than 200 at a time..

The_Brown_Fox said:
nervous101 said:

i'll just add that it sounds like you were relatively new in both those model's rooms....without having a clue as to who they are, i still seems true to me that many models will get offended when a new guy is a little presumptuous in their room.....personally, both bannings seemed over the top: from what you've said, it seems obvious that your intent was sincere and well meaning....still, random guys speaking for a model can make the flow of chat more difficult for her.

:twocents-02cents:

I'm sure I've bitched about these guys before but I'm gonna do it again 'cos I enjoy bitching about things :-D

The fucking doods who have appointed themselves as their favourite cam girl's unofficial manager and spout shit like "come on, guys. tip this wonderful lady" every opportunity they get; all without tipping themselves.

Fuck yoooooooouuuuuuuuuu :?

If I'm gonna tip a model, it's gonna be because I want to, not because some random tit told me to. I'm actually less likely to tip when these guys are doing their cheerleading. I don't want to give them the satisfaction of thinking that somebody tipped because of something they said. I'll wait until they shuddup, or better yet, leave.

nervous101 said:
Miss_Lollipop said:
nervous101 said:

Well the tip was visible in public and what I stated was more or less public information.

But I'll note that being too helpful can be annoying.
I love when other people speak up about someone else being nonsense. It makes me feel relieved not to be the only one in the room thinking "Your bank is not going to call you over $100". Sometimes MFC can make you feel like you're floating in an ocean of idiocy.

nervous101 said:

I decided I should probably weigh in here.

The comment about his bank not calling him, I don't understand why she would've banned you over that, unless it was a misunderstanding. It's possible she went to ban him and your name got in the way somehow.

The model who got upset about you pointing to her profile... you were new to the room? Honestly, if someone new to the room did that in my room, I would ask them to please not do that. But then, I like to give warnings. I used to actually like when guys would do that, but then I realized that every time I let a member speak for me without taking them to task, it actually encouraged others to speak for me, and sometimes what they were saying was way out there. Since that was the first thing you said in her room, you didn't even take the time to say hi to her before you started chastising other members for her.

Imagine you run a club, and someone comes in and without even saying hi to you, they treat someone who asked a question as an idiot. Doesn't look good, does it? I understand your desire to help, but in that situation, it's best to let the model or a regular help. When you've become a regular in the room, you'll know how that model in particular likes things done.

And yes, I probably would ban you if the first thing you do is insult the intelligence of someone who might actually spend money on me. Then again, the way you phrased what you said here, I wouldn't take that as an insult to someone's intelligence, but some people are touchy. So in this instance, I would've thanked you for the effort but still put you in your place.

Unless I'm unable to answer for myself, it's best to let me answer for myself. Sometimes it can spark another conversation.

JickyJuly said:
I love when other people speak up about someone else being nonsense. It makes me feel relieved not to be the only one in the room thinking "Your bank is not going to call you over $100". Sometimes MFC can make you feel like you're floating in an ocean of idiocy.

A lot of the basics and guest seem to have no idea how much tokens cost. They seem to think they are a dollar each.

One basic told me a was a dumbass for tipping 100 tokens, because I could have gotten a prostitute instead. I have never been to a prostitute, but $8 seems low. Even $100 dollars seems like a low price, based on what I saw on HBO's Cathouse show.

Shaun__ said:
A lot of the basics and guest seem to have no idea how much tokens cost. They seem to think they are a dollar each.

One basic told me a was a dumbass for tipping 100 tokens, because I could have gotten a prostitute instead. I have never been to a prostitute, but $8 seems low. Even $100 dollars seems like a low price, based on what I saw on HBO's Cathouse show.
actually I once clicked through several European websites quite flabbergasted at what 100 euros would apparently get you with pretty freaking gorgeous ladies in central and eastern europe, which makes it fairly understandable why so many of them decide to do cam modelling :p

Jupiter551 said:
Shaun__ said:

actually I once clicked through several European websites quite flabbergasted at what 100 euros would apparently get you with pretty freaking gorgeous ladies in central and eastern europe, which makes it fairly understandable why so many of them decide to do cam modelling :p

Doing a bit of googling and finding some forums, a $100-$200 Euro will get you a legal prostitute in the Netherlands for 30 minutes or possibly and hour. Mustang Ranch is the most famous brothel in Nevada and prices run $300-$500/hour but are set by the girls not the brothel.

Shaun__ said:
That makes it even funnier, though. Imagine how they must rage upon realizing that most cam models make thousands or tens of thousands of 'dollars' a day... :mrgreen:

LadyLuna said:
It's possible she went to ban him and your name got in the way somehow.

Unless I'm unable to answer for myself, it's best to let me answer for myself. Sometimes it can spark another conversation.
To the first part of the quote, had that happen to me. One moment i was chatting along and then poof, i got the you have been banned screen. I'd been in her room 6+ months so i PM'd her "Did you just ban me? lol" to which she realised she had. She explained she went for someone else and must have gotten me, which was fine and we laugh about it. Of course over time, the story has changed from her accidentally banning me to a fairy tale type story of an innocent guy being strucked down by the almighty ban hammer lol.

To the second part, i think that's a good rule to go by. Unless you have been told by the model, or she's made it clear, it's best to leave things to her unless she can't answer herself. Not that trying to help is wrong. Also, some members don't seem to react favourably when they get the answer they wanted but it's not from the model.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Thank you for your responses. Yes I was just trying to be helpful, but I understand now that it can come across as impolite.

Bocefish said:
Basics don't bother me unless they're begging, which is 99% of the time. :lol:

This.

I understand for a model with only 20ish people in your room muting basic and guest may leave you with a pretty much nobody talking. If that is the case you have to be super diligent about banning the individuals who misbehave. Today, in room with more than 200 the newish model left basic unmuted, I tipped a model to do something,and the basic complained that he wanted her to do something else. I told him well spend $20 and upgrade to premium and you can make requests. He went on about how he had life so he didn't need to spend money, and how he hated that premium thought they were better than everyone. We exchanged a few fuck you another premium agreed with me. Finally after 10 minutes the model decided to mute basics. I don't easily get POed but that exchange succeeded in making me upset, and I wasn't please that model didn't ban the guy and than mute basics.

I still tipped her some more but if she ever has basic unmute I'll be done with her. I don't spend good money to hear basic beg and certainly will not put up with taking abuse from them.

HiGirlsRHot said:
Bocefish said:

This.

I understand for a model with only 20ish people in your room muting basic and guest may leave you with a pretty much nobody talking. If that is the case you have to be super diligent about banning the individuals who misbehave. Today, in room with more than 200 the newish model left basic unmuted, I tipped a model to do something,and the basic complained that he wanted her to do something else. I told him well spend $20 and upgrade to premium and you can make requests. He went on about how he had life so he didn't need to spend money, and how he hated that premium thought they were better than everyone. We exchanged a few fuck you another premium agreed with me. Finally after 10 minutes the model decided to mute basics. I don't easily get POed but that exchange succeeded in making me upset, and I wasn't please that model didn't ban the guy and than mute basics.

I still tipped her some more but if she ever has basic unmute I'll be done with her. I don't spend good money to hear basic beg and certainly will not put up with taking abuse from them.

You have the option as a member to mute guests and basics. This might be a better tactic for you then getting upset about them.

Reactions: ComicOzzie
lurkylurk said:
HiGirlsRHot said:
Bocefish said:

This.

You have the option as a member to mute guests and basics. This might be a better tactic for you then getting upset about them.
Not if you are spending time with an engaging model. If the model isn't actually talking to the room, sure, but if she is then you'll have NO IDEA what the fuck is going on.

HiGirlsRHot said:
Bocefish said:

This.

I get POd sometimes too....but generally find myself amused that we get ourselves so wrapped up in the jumpings-up-and-down of what is essentially a non-entity....although one that some models purposely allow to have voices for a variety of reasons which just annoy the crap out of paying members.

Maybe I don't get it because I'm older, and everybody says that your testosterone level goes down as you get older :lol:
Heh....I don't know about that....but I do feel that being older makes me a bit more forgiving of what just feels like petty male ego stuff....the dance all us guys do in the presence of a beautiful woman....it certainly has it's place (ask any beta male :violin: ).....but really now.....if camming is a place we come to unwind....why get all wound up about it?

:twocents-02cents:

When a model doesn't stop her show to acknowledge me when I've not tipped.
I mean, come on, I asked her if she wants to watch my cam. Why don't they jump at the opportunity!

lurkylurk said:

I found this out reading this thread, lots of folks don't know this. I do ignore individual users, generally right before the models ban them :).
I'm just pointing out that one of the risks that models face in not muting basics and guest is their often obnoxious behavior drives premium out of the room their room into one of 1,000 rooms where basics are muted. Premium can also so obnoxious they drive away viewers, but premiums, unlike basics, actually tip models. So the upside of letting basics talk is they make a room more interesting, sometime convert to premium, but there is a downside.

Reactions: Nordling and bob
Cassidy Nicole said:
AmberCutie said:
tightlockup said:
It's been said before - if your topic is

"Tip me so I can have a good day"

Please change it, I think everyone knows that if you get a tip it will make your day better. I'd rather see tip countdowns, 1-30 things, anything but this topic for some reason is annoying.

Especially when it's like "20,000 for a good day."

Really? Yeah I think we'd all have a fucking flipping fantastic day if we could get 20,000 tokens for the day. ESPECIALLY if we get that just for putting it in our topic.

I HATE this! Of course 1,000 bucks will make your day better. What I hate even more is when models have it on the last day of the paycheck... "20,000 for me to pay my rent!!"

Especially when that same model hasn't been on cam most of the pay period and has been tweeting pics of her getting dressed up to go party, or out shopping with a friend, or at the movies, or... If you've been sending pictures of you enjoying the party life most every day of the work week, don't expect a lot of sympathy if you need money to pay rent that last day of the pay period.

Status
Not open for further replies.