AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Members who are writers

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gemma536

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Jan 8, 2015
Gallifrey
profiles.myfreecams.com
I searched a bit and couldn't find a good thread for people on this forum who were writers, there was one that almost had what I wanted, but it seemed more about talking over words that meant a lot to us from other writers than our own writing.

Figured this could be a good place to start a thread for us to get out our frustration with writing or discuss how caming affects our writing. If the thread dies, oh well. :p

For me, I got into caming specifically so I could write and get my books done since I'd make my own hours as well as make the money to pay for professional editing, cover art, publishing, etc.

Thanks for the thread. I have actually been writing for camgirlmansion.xxx. It's fun writing about other girls, but I also love the publicity it gives me for my own in-progress novel.

I definitely spend more time thinking about camshows than I do reading The Atlantic now. I'm sure that can not be helpful. Oh well.

What do you write about? I'm more of a journalist, but my novel is a crime/fiction biography.

camstory said:
Here are two I tried to get going. (I think you found one for sure, but don't know about the other?) I will support any thread that gets some here to post personal writings. :thumbleft:
https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewt ... it=stories
https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewt ... =12&t=5109

I thought she just wanted to talk, not share entire stories. My blog is currently at http://emmaleviathan.blogspot.com/ if you would like to check it out. I may be moving it soon to a subscription based cam site.

If you want to share your own writing, that's perfectly fine too. I meant to discuss ourselves as writers that are also affected by caming, lol.

I write all over the place, however it's all fiction. Supernatural, fantasy, urban fantasy, romance and erotica. My issue is getting all of my stories down into words. I'm GREAT at creating, I'm terribly lazy and easily distracted when it comes to finally writing. lol

I'm hoping to afford a ghostwriter. Currently writing the outline to the book that I need done by the time I'm 25. Otherwise, I think I might get my romance and even erotica novel done on my own. I'll check out your links!

I'd feel much safer with a ghostwriter. If I don't like their work entirely, but enjoy that they've got the storyline fleshed out, I've already bought the content and can take it and move on. With a cowriter, they also co-own the content. Which means all decisions have to be shared and content can't be moved at will.

I'm extremely controlling, so I can't see them being happy about that, lol

Reactions: Emmalie
Slowly making me way through links and loving what I'm reading!!

Has anyone ever afford writing literotica for a fee for members? I was thinking of having that on my menu of offerings.

Reactions: Emmalie
Gemma536 said:

Has anyone ever afford writing literotica for a fee for members? I was thinking of having that on my menu of offerings.

Off topic, I fear, but I'm wondering if you have pieces at literotica we could read? I'm a newspaper editor, by the way, but a voracious consumer of fiction. Wish I could produce it as well but just don't have that gift. Good luck with your writing and with this thread.

Reactions: camstory
Gemma536 said:

I'm sure someone on here does. I'm going to add some sexy to my novel, but it won't be erotica at all, just a sex scene or two.

Gemma536 said:

I have. It's fun. I can't do it as often as I used to, but I definitely get requests so the interest is out there. MFC seems to be full of hyper-literate, word-loving types.

Considering I've gotten requests to call people (which is creepy by the way, don't do that, don't ask a newb to just call you up. lol. I just ignored them.) I'm sure it could be used as a substitute to sex calls.

Reactions: MrRodry
pg240 said:
Gemma536 said:

Off topic, I fear, but I'm wondering if you have pieces at literotica we could read?

All of my previous literotica was for exes. I'd write them erotic love letters, so, I don't think I could share those. :p

Luckily, as almost all my writing is technical, camming only affects my writing as distraction, usually on the boring part of editing. I have had to extend deadlines since enjoying camming.
I sometimes enjoy a little creative writing and have found some cam experiences as inspiration. I think I am more confident of creating better women characters as a result of camming, many of you (models and reactions to members also) reinforced things my mother in particular taught me about women. I have an enriched appreciation for writers such as Virginia Wolfe for example too.

Writing is my greatest passion, although I've had a bit of a block with it the past few months. Even so, I do love how camming gives me the option to write more, my last job did not at all!

A few members have indicated that they would love buying erotica from me, but as before, the block has made this difficult with getting any of that done. My preferred method is to hand write everything first and then expand the story and words once they're typed, but I am not very good at finishing things.

The idea of providing the literature in audio format seems like a really fantastic idea! I think many more persons would enjoy listening to erotica rather than trying to read it while doing the expected...

If it's typed, hands can be free. ;)

Although, if handwritten, one doesn't need to use a return address do they?

Also, yes, I agree, caming does give the feeling of more freedom to get more creation done! Although I do find myself much more exhausted lately, introvert problems?

I can see how you doing an audio version would create a great personalized experience. If you ever offer it, lemma know. ;D

Reactions: Sansa and Emmalie
Since I don't really want to cam exclusively as a "professional masturbator" I've actually considered selling short erotic stories much in the same way most camgirls sell picsets and videos. Has anyone tried this yet?

Unrelated to camming...
I've had fully fleshed out concepts for fiction stories since high school. Though... they've obviously gone through adjustments since then because nothing teenagers ever write is really marketable. Unfortunately, ferocious ADHD really puts a damper on getting any full size novels written. I was hoping to use profits from camming to get medication so I can finally get some of my work out there. I know camming won't last forever so I'd like to have at least some cushioning for the future.

Reactions: Gemma536
Gemma536 said:
If it's typed, hands can be free. ;)

Although, if handwritten, one doesn't need to use a return address do they?

Also, yes, I agree, caming does give the feeling of more freedom to get more creation done! Although I do find myself much more exhausted lately, introvert problems?

I can see how you doing an audio version would create a great personalized experience. If you ever offer it, lemma know. ;D

I get exhausted from camming too, also an introvert here. :) People are fun, but terribly exhausting! D:

Currently I keep going back and forth between a novel I'm working on, a short story, and a third which is questionable at this point so far.

SenaLuna said:
Since I don't really want to cam exclusively as a "professional masturbator" I've actually considered selling short erotic stories much in the same way most camgirls sell picsets and videos. Has anyone tried this yet?

Unrelated to camming...
I've had fully fleshed out concepts for fiction stories since high school. Though... they've obviously gone through adjustments since then because nothing teenagers ever write is really marketable. Unfortunately, ferocious ADHD really puts a damper on getting any full size novels written. I was hoping to use profits from camming to get medication so I can finally get some of my work out there. I know camming won't last forever so I'd like to have at least some cushioning for the future.

I have horrible ADHD too, and it's so difficult to get ANYTHING done.

But regarding selling erotic fiction, I have not yet, but several members have expressed interest in buying my work when it's available. No idea what a good selling amount would be though.

Edit: PiperFinn is an MFC model who sells some of her mixes and artwork for tokens. So while it's not writing, some people are definitely interested in things aside from videos and picsets!

LuthienBlythe said:
Edit: PiperFinn is an MFC model who sells some of her mixes and artwork for tokens. So while it's not writing, some people are definitely interested in things aside from videos and picsets!
There are others who have/ do sell their art while camming, there are some pretty skilled artists (including tattoo artists, designers, painters, and photographers) and musicians. I really like the work of Ashton (http://profiles.myfreecams.com/AsherGirl has a few examples), been tempted to buy some of her work, I love how she uses colour, her paintings are so joyful and feminine. I think her love of camming shows in how she paints women too, which leads us back to the topic of writers. Camming must surely influence any model who writes in a similar way.

LuthienBlythe said:
My preferred method is to hand write everything first and then expand the story and words once they're typed, but I am not very good at finishing things.
I don't do a lot of story layout, and pretty much write stream of conscience. Since I have not taken the time to break myself of pecking and learned to type properly, I have found that my writing is much better in general when I use pen & paper. Just having to concentrate a bit, and the lack of speed when I am using the keyboard breaks my stream. And, yes getting beyond a first draft is tough for me. I have two boxes, and several book bags containing note books of writings that fills one corner of my bedroom.

The idea of providing the literature in audio format seems like a really fantastic idea! I think many more persons would enjoy listening to erotica rather than trying to read it while doing the expected...
My first thought was, 'It's not like you have to try to balance the smut mag on the pillow so you can use your free hand to turn the page these days - tapping the space bar will page down, and if you put your keyboard in the right place you can integrate that move and never even have to stop playing with your nipples.' :eek: :lol:
Kidding aside though, audio can add a layer of colour to the B/W of reading text. It also allows you to close your eyes if that's your thing, or in my case keeps me from losing my place every time I have to check and see if I'm handling things right. :shifty:

Reactions: Gemma536
ADHD, yeeeees, it's why I'm looking to get a ghostwriter. Which, by the way, I found one that clicks with me and has the voice that I like! Yeah! So now it's just about saving up for them, :)

As for reading while you masturbate, luckily, I only ever need one hand, the other holds the book/tablet for me, lol.

I've seen some girls selling their comic books and drawings, so the market is definitely there!

Reactions: camstory
Status
Not open for further replies.