AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC doesn't fully load for me anymore :(

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LilyMarie

V.I.P. AmberLander
Inactive Cam Model
Aug 28, 2011
Hi,

for the past few days, the following things have happened to me very often on MFC.

Sometimes only the lounges are loading on the frontpage:

3pVao2Y.png

Sometimes not all models are loading:

rOtXuvp.jpg

When I enter a room, this happens

dQ6D0nC.png

^ Neither the user list nor the chat will load.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Flash player yesterday and I have a decent internet connection.
Can anyone tell me what's wrong here?

Nordling said:
Have you tried more than one or two browsers?
I've tried Firefox and Chrome, those are the ones I have. (I guess IE isn't worth it :? )

mynameisbob84 said:
I sometimes get the loading bar at the top of the screen. If it gets "stuck" then I just refresh and it tends to sort itself out.
That doesn't work for me. Either it shows me only part of the models, or only the lounges.

Nordling said:
Just for giggles, you might try Safari. It uses an entirely unique underlying engine (webkit).
I was trying to avoid having to download a new browser just for MFC :? Especially because I only have 20 GB left on my hard drive as it is. I'll try Safari now, though.

Nordling said:
Just for giggles, you might try Safari. It uses an entirely unique underlying engine (webkit).
It is the same engine that Chrome uses. But yes, she may get a different result with Safari.

The slow loading happens often. I just try again in a minute or two. But the grey room (with no user list) I never saw.

I had this feed/blank room once before when I was on another machine for a day... I cleared out 50g of addl. space and ofc did the cache clear and loaded fine after that.

I have had the main page not load correctly a couple times, but all I did was reload to get it back to normal. If you have not emptied your cache you could try that as well.

MyCamgirl said:
But the grey room (with no user list) I never saw.
Just to clear this up, the background of a model's room is always grey for me because I changed my settings to that. A white background often hurts my eyes a bit, especially at night. :(

I've also cleared the cache/cookies many times and all that ever does is it makes me lose my usernames and passwords from all the sites :(

It's working well on Safari so far, but that doesn't say much because everything's loading fine on Firefox too. At the moment. I'll keep watching that...

edit
Forget what I said! It's not working anymore in Safari!

Bkzu3gx.png

MyCamgirl said:
Nordling said:
It is the same engine that Chrome uses. But yes, she may get a different result with Safari.

The slow loading happens often. I just try again in a minute or two. But the grey room (with no user list) I never saw.
True, but there was a split in the evolution of development, because Apple became less and less "open."

LilyMarie said:
MyCamgirl said:
But the grey room (with no user list) I never saw.
Just to clear this up, the background of a model's room is always grey for me because I changed my settings to that. A white background often hurts my eyes a bit, especially at night. :(

I've also cleared the cache/cookies many times and all that ever does is it makes me lose my usernames and passwords from all the sites :(

It's working well on Safari so far, but that doesn't say much because everything's loading fine on Firefox too. At the moment. I'll keep watching that...

edit
Forget what I said! It's not working anymore in Safari!

Bkzu3gx.png

Did you ever try to clear your Flash Player Cache? It persists even when you uninstall/reinstall flash. This Adobe Forum link might help: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/977699

Cheers!

Reactions: bob and Nordling
quemcfox said:
Did you ever try to clear your Flash Player Cache? It persists even when you uninstall/reinstall flash. This Adobe Forum link might help: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/977699

Cheers!
Thanks, I tried that just now! I will let you know whether or not it helps.

What's frustrating is that last night I had problems all over again on MFC with Google Chrome, so I had to go back to using Firefox again. :woops: I swear, these browsers keep going back and forth cooperating, then not cooperating. On night the model web broadcaster will be screwed up for me using Chrome, so then I gotta use Firefox. The next night Firefox is fucked, so I have to go back to Chrome. I don't know which browser to sign in with anymore.....

Reactions: LadyLuna
So I cleared the Flash player cache yesterday and it worked well the last 24 hours or so, and now I have the same problems again. The chat stops updating in a model's room - I close her window, when I open it again chat and user list are gone. When I refresh the homepage, either only the lounges are displayed, or only a part of the models.

I'm assuming you've cleared the browser's cache as well? Clear cookies?

Deleting the cookies sucks if you can't remember your passwords, but that has often cleared up similar issues for me

Kunra9 said:

Deleting the cookies sucks if you can't remember your passwords, but that has often cleared up similar issues for me
Like I said I've already done that several times :( I can remember my passwords, it just sucks always having to enter them when I want to check my e-mail or get on amazon...
And it doesn't help :/

Reactions: Just Me
LilyMarie said:
So I cleared the Flash player cache yesterday and it worked well the last 24 hours or so, and now I have the same problems again. The chat stops updating in a model's room - I close her window, when I open it again chat and user list are gone. When I refresh the homepage, either only the lounges are displayed, or only a part of the models.

Sorry... not knowing your PC/Mac setup makes troubleshooting a little clumsy. Hopefully MFC support will help resolve your issue.

However, I had looked over the following MFC tech support guide (linked below) and would "guess" your issue may be caused by your anti-virus program/firewall. For instance, a heuristic AV application such as Norton or McAfee may have detected a false positive and subsequently blocked the ports MFC uses for chat. MFC uses ports 1935, 8100, 5001 to broadcast Flash video and to connect to their chat server. Check your firewall settings to see if any of those ports are blocked.

Basically, I think your AV program is seeing MFC as a threat and is blocking ports to protect your system.

What anti virus program are you using btw? Knowing this might alleviate the awkward guessing like above.

Caveat! I could be wrong... no promises or anything ok? :twocents-02cents:

http://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/Technical_Help

I would suggest you look to your internet connection too... whilst most of it is running on scripts, and whilst video (even streaming) tends not to be too mental if there's a missing packet or two, it may screw up other stuff ;)

So ping test, speed test and others. Check out the packet loss.

You can also use the cmd.exe (go to start, enter cmd.exe in the search box and hit enter) and then enter the text:

ping google.com

Ping is a bit like shouting into a canyon. The echo you hear is the "ping", and the delay is how long it's taken for whatever site you entered to get your ping and return what you sent. Just like an echo :p

You're looking for packet loss mainly, and just doing the basic ping google.com should ping it 4 times and summarise the outcome.

you can do:
ping -t google.com

This just makes it constantly ping the location instead of just 4 times. Maybe do it when experiencing problems ;) The problem is you're not going to see a summary, but that doesn't matter as you can see what "times out" or takes a long time (anything greater than 200ms is probably getting on for LONG. Anything over 2000ms is 2 seconds... and insane :D ).

If you wish to stop it pinging, ctrl + c (that's pressing and holding control button, followed by the c button, then release) will stop it. Or just close the window. Try several sites, but I wouldn't try myfreecams.com. I don't think it responds to ping requests :D

You should get no packets lost. If you are getting some, then this could be a problem. Note, could. Not necessarily is...

LilyMarie said:
Kunra9 said:

Like I said I've already done that several times :( I can remember my passwords, it just sucks always having to enter them when I want to check my e-mail or get on amazon...
And it doesn't help :/

Just an FYI. You do not have to clear your passwords when you clear your cache and cookies. Just uncheck the box about clearing passwords.

Reactions: LilyMarie
@quemcfox
I don't use any anti-virus software because my internet connection is already not amazing as it is.

Zoomer said:
I would suggest you look to your internet connection too... whilst most of it is running on scripts, and whilst video (even streaming) tends not to be too mental if there's a missing packet or two, it may screw up other stuff ;)

So ping test, speed test and others. Check out the packet loss.
I did the speedtest on speedtest.net several times today.
Download is around 3.2 mbps, upload around 0.55 mbps.
When I'm not using a VPN, download is 5.9 mbps and upload is 0.63 mbps.
I spoke to somebody about speed today, and he says for streaming cams on MFC, 1 mbps is enough, and an upload speed of 0.5 mbps is enough.

You can also use the cmd.exe (go to start, enter cmd.exe in the search box and hit enter) and then enter the text:

ping google.com

Ping is a bit like shouting into a canyon. The echo you hear is the "ping", and the delay is how long it's taken for whatever site you entered to get your ping and return what you sent. Just like an echo :p

You're looking for packet loss mainly, and just doing the basic ping google.com should ping it 4 times and summarise the outcome.
I just did this - it says 4 packets were sent and 4 were retrieved and 0 were lost and that there's a loss of 0%. (I had to translate that from German, I don't know what the exactly words are in the 'original version').

you can do:
ping -t google.com

This just makes it constantly ping the location instead of just 4 times. Maybe do it when experiencing problems ;) The problem is you're not going to see a summary, but that doesn't matter as you can see what "times out" or takes a long time (anything greater than 200ms is probably getting on for LONG. Anything over 2000ms is 2 seconds... and insane :D ).
I just did this, too. It pinged 36 times if I'm not mistaken.
The minimum was 116 ms, the maximum was 123 ms. The average was 117 ms. 0% loss.

:help:

I was having several problems pc only when loading MFC. It may load, but there it keep getting locked up all the time or at best it was slow. I did everything suggested here and nothing. It finally occurred to me that my pc was over six years old. Even though the pc had no problems getting around all the other sites, it did have a problem loading and keeping video on MFC.

Also if your pc has 20GB left, I would advised moving some of the files (pictures, videos, etc) to an external hard drive. That may give your hard drive some extra room.

I hope you get this resolved.

In that case, bit weird. It'll be javascript that's loading MFC and the chat windows.
All browsers are the latest versions? After that, must admit, dunno.

Heya. Still needing help with this.

Just a couple of things that help me really when i have problems. I often get problems playing fb games using flash and it is the extensions that cause the problems.

1. Suggest you reset IE back to factory default. To do this go to tools>internet options>Advanced> and click reset.
(this will reset all settings back to default)

2. Next check the extensions on laptop/computer. To do this go to tools>internet options>Programs and click Manage add-ons.
(In there you should see a flash addon.(shockwave flash addon) Make sure this is enabled. and make sure there is only one of them called Flash. Having 2 flash addons installed sometimes causes a conflicting error so stops loading page half way through..

Let me know how you get on with both of those :)

Jblackbean2 :)

jblackbean2 said:

Just a couple of things that help me really when i have problems. I often get problems playing fb games using flash and it is the extensions that cause the problems.

1. Suggest you reset IE back to factory default. To do this go to tools>internet options>Advanced> and click reset.

2. Next check the extensions on laptop/computer. To do this go to tools>internet options>Programs and click Manage add-ons.
(In there you should see a flash addon.(shockwave flash addon) Make sure this is enabled. and make sure there is only one of them called Flash. Having 2 flash addons installed sometimes causes a conflicting error so stops loading page half way through..

No Flash addons are showing up there. :|

Hmm that is really odd. have you tried to re-install flash?

Actually remove the old one from control panel / programs.
then go to website and install fresh?

Jblackbean2

LilyMarie said:
jblackbean2 said:

I think he's talking about Internet Explorer, which you've said you aren't using. Lots of us don't touch IE with a 10 foot pole. :D

AmberCutie said:
LilyMarie said:
jblackbean2 said:

I think he's talking about Internet Explorer, which you've said you aren't using. Lots of us don't touch IE with a 10 foot pole. :D

Sorry yes i was speaking about IE. I mis read somewhere. What are you using instead then?

Status
Not open for further replies.