AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC Faking guest room counts - out of control

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 29, 2017
Been watching the use of tools to fake room counts for a long time now and it's got out of control.

As example this model with 500 camscore

Screenshot 2017-04-05 23.46.04.jpg

And 72 seconds later

Screenshot 2017-04-05 23.47.16.jpg

This is just one of many many examples you see every night now and it's getting worse. Just now a model with 62 camscore appeared with room count of 400 of which 399 were guests and it just goes on and on.

I know a lot will say, oh it don't effect you just move on, well it does impact both members and models alike.
If a studio / model is willing to cheat like this then what other things are they are willing to do ? As example above, the model does NOT have the lovense app working and has put levels in her topic. Fake !

What these models / studios are doing IS impacting on other lower ranked models, as more and more start using this fraudulent behavior those genuine models who work without any assistance will like the lemming mentality be forced to join the rest of them to try to make a decent living.

The "most popular room" will soon be known as the "most botted room"

MFC should do something about this as they aware and make it level playing field for all again.

Studio manipulation of their girls has been around forever now. When it comes down to it, it really doesn't make a difference. If a girl is boring and lackluster, it won't pay off in the long run.

Here's an 11 page thread on the camscore version of it from the year 2010, apprpriately titled - Bullshit

The "most popular room" will soon be known as the "most botted room"

MFC should do something about this as they aware and make it level playing field for all again.
I should also note that since the default homepage arrangement is based on camscore not room count, camscore is still a more skeezy way to manipulate a model account. Members and guests have to manually change their homepage settings to "most popular room" for the room bots to have impact at all.

I have to disagree there Amber as it is paying for some.
Yes, camscore is the default option for sorting models on page but so is the most popular room box.
Once they appear on the frontpage of the site in the top 10 most popular rooms they do get traffic and most guys will have in their heads, oh she's a popular model she must be good and safe.
There are 2 models from one studio i know of that are now ranked missmfc #500 and #800 range solely because the botting got them there.

I have to disagree there Amber as it is paying for some.
Yes, camscore is the default option for sorting models on page but so is the most popular room box.
Once they appear on the frontpage of the site in the top 10 most popular rooms they do get traffic and most guys will have in their heads, oh she's a popular model she must be good and safe.
There are 2 models from one studio i know of that are now ranked missmfc #500 and #800 range solely because the botting got them there.

If a model's room is botted but she's boring (to be blunt), people aren't going to tip. If models end up gaining success and rising in the ranks, they had something to offer and gave people a reason to tip, being botted just gave them more exposure so that people could find them. Considering how many low-ranking models on MFC put in great work but aren't being seen, I personally don't care so much if someone gains success with the assistance of bots, because that success wouldn't have happened if she weren't interesting enough for people to spend on.

If a model's room is botted but she's boring (to be blunt), people aren't going to tip. If models end up gaining success and rising in the ranks, they had something to offer and gave people a reason to tip, being botted just gave them more exposure so that people could find them. Considering how many low-ranking models on MFC put in great work but aren't being seen, I personally don't care so much if someone gains success with the assistance of bots, because that success wouldn't have happened if she weren't interesting enough for people to spend on.

I'm quite surprised at your response but correct me if I'm wrong, I take it you condone " Blatant Cheating " and don't care.

Agree. Occasionally, I'll look at the "most popular rooms" list to see if anything interesting is happening. If it's not entertaining, I'm not tipping.

I always find it funny when people accuse models of "cheating", as though it's a 3rd grade science fair project. It's our jobs, aren't we a little old to be using the word "cheating"? I mean, call it fraud if you want, because that's technically what it is, although it seems to be a bit of a heavy word for the situation.

I dunno, I guess I think if it's too minor to be called fraud in a business setting then it's pretty inconsequential.

I get upset when a room is botted above mine. I like being most popular room for various reasons, both business and personal. I definitely wish it would stop, but I doubt MFC hates it. Bigger room counts look better for the site overall.
Yeah I doubt they will fix it, they fixed it after EgyptBeauty got botted daily for a week last year or so, but seems the trolls have found another way to bot it up. SMH

Well good on them for cheating? Idk. I really don't care. Camming is a tough gig to begin with. I pretty much agree with @SaffronBurke. What other models do in their room is their own business. I'm just busy doing my gig in my room. If bot rooms are clearly ruining your camming experience, maybe click next model?

Really if it's so much a problem, send your feedback to MFC. Just my two cents.

Anyone remember when EgyptBeauty 's room had 10,544 people (Mostly Bots) LOL
Pretty good example of how it doesn't necessarily help the model get ahead. Her name is known for being a troll model but she isn't a top girl by any means.

I'm quite surprised at your response but correct me if I'm wrong, I take it you condone " Blatant Cheating " and don't care.

That's an overly harsh way of seeing it, in my opinion. Like I said, just because a room is popular, doesn't mean that anything will be accomplished by that. If a model can't keep her audience engaged, she won't make money, no matter how many "viewers" are in the room. It may be an annoyance to some, but it's not hurting anybody.

If a model gains more regulars from her room count being boosted, it's because she already had the savvy and the hustle to succeed, she just wasn't being seen. Is it the best way to gain an audience? No, but it's certainly not the worst.

MFC is full of publicity stunts and gimmicks, savory and unsavory alike. Compared to dressing like a Nazi and playing Hitler-inspired speeches, or dressing like a cop and taking tips to simulate beating a black person, using bots to boost your room count is not that bad.

I'm trying to think where I saw this kind of thing before, but maybe it'd be a cool MFC tool if girls could boost their placement temporarily once say every 24 hours. So if they're doing a particular show/countdown which they think might gain them new viewers. It might give girls with very low ranking a chance to get seen without "cheating the system". It would encourage freeloaders but then I've made some great regulars from shows with higher room counts. Could even be in a different box, like you have the highest room numbers, I would assume girls would be more likely to do this when they're doing something awesome so it could be a popular search tool. MFC's system is pretty unfair to models who allow their camscore to tank, there are plenty of girls who get their score to rise again because they're awesome and just got on the wrong side of a harsh system, but that can take a while of lots of very hard work. I'm sure they've lost a bunch of girls who could have been amazing due to this. I think it's great that MFC is starting to place less emphasis on camscore, it still gets you the best placement and that's cool, but there are now more ways for models to be found than when I started 5/6 years ago.

As the other girls said, it doesn't phase me that there are girls doing this. I can understand why it could be a chance for lower score girls to have a go at a better placement and that doesn't bother me. If they're engaging then they could get results, if they aren't then they're at that camscore for a reason and it won't be beneficial for them. I do understand from a member's perspective that if you're using the room count to find rooms where the "action" is happening then girls doing this could be annoying and feel like a waste of time. From my perspective I am not going to attack on a model for wanting a chance to gain a little exposure.

Doesn't mfc filter out all the duplicate i.p address in the room count?

I always find it funny when people accuse models of "cheating", as though it's a 3rd grade science fair project. It's our jobs, aren't we a little old to be using the word "cheating"? I mean, call it fraud if you want, because that's technically what it is, although it seems to be a bit of a heavy word for the situation.

I dunno, I guess I think if it's too minor to be called fraud in a business setting then it's pretty inconsequential.

I used cheating as opposed to fraud as I found that a more friendly term.
Don't think you can compare a science project to using illegal practices in a business environment for financial gain.

Well good on them for cheating? Idk. I really don't care. Camming is a tough gig to begin with. I pretty much agree with @SaffronBurke. What other models do in their room is their own business. I'm just busy doing my gig in my room. If bot rooms are clearly ruining your camming experience, maybe click next model?

Really if it's so much a problem, send your feedback to MFC. Just my two cents.

It don't bother me at all, it was just something I noticed that is increasing at quite a substantial rate.
Like most long term members on MFC we all know there is no point informing admins of anything as nothing ever happens.
Only thing they ever action is a guy on cam.

Doesn't mfc filter out all the duplicate i.p address in the room count?

They do but i think they have a limit of 5 connections per ip. To set the servers to stop mass connections from same ip is pretty straight forward.

I have a hunch the bots are not using actual connections but manipulating whats being displayed on the screen.

Open a room up in a window, scroll down to guest count and it's there in a instant, do the same in a botted room and
the guest count takes a while to appear.

They do but i think they have a limit of 5 connections per ip. To set the servers to stop mass connections from same ip is pretty straight forward.

I have a hunch the bots are not using actual connections but manipulating whats being displayed on the screen.

Open a room up in a window, scroll down to guest count and it's there in a instant, do the same in a botted room and the guest count takes a while to appear.

There's no limit per IP. MFC has no problems with multiple connections. I've had 38 individual tabbed logins at the same time in the past. Here's a screenshot of 12 of them at the same time I just did. Notice this is not rooms opened from one sign in. It's 12 separate logins.

And the bots are actual guest connections. There use to be a script out there that would let someone enter in a models name. It would then become a guest in her room and count the public tips. It would keep track of them to do a countdown from whatever number you entered. This was all before Charlesbot or mfc making the auto countdown feature for models. One day i noticed it the guest count go up when i was using that script. So i tested it out. I had 17 connections that day all appearing as guests in one room.

See this post for that, complete with screenshots as well.
https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/guest-bots-being-used-on-mfc.17294/#post-474901

2017-04-07_05-52-25.jpg

• Helpful!
Reactions: weirdbr
There's no limit per IP. MFC has no problems with multiple connections. I've had 38 individual tabbed logins at the same time in the past. Here's a screenshot of 12 of them at the same time I just did. Notice this is not rooms opened from one sign in. It's 12 separate logins.

And the bots are actual guest connections. There use to be a script out there that would let someone enter in a models name. It would then become a guest in her room and count the public tips. It would keep track of them to do a countdown from whatever number you entered. This was all before Charlesbot or mfc making the auto countdown feature for models. One day i noticed it the guest count go up when i was using that script. So i tested it out. I had 17 connections that day all appearing as guests in one room.

See this post for that, complete with screenshots as well.
https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/guest-bots-being-used-on-mfc.17294/#post-474901

View attachment 69588

I actually helped kradek with the audio on that ;)

Thanks for the link, was not aware the mark 2 version of the web based one did that.

So open the same models room from 5 different account on same i.p it lists as 5 users?
Seems an easy fix to me mfc change their room count to not count the same i.p twice in their total

It should bother people at least a little since models are cheating the system to gain an advantage and it annoys members. MFC could fix it pretty easily if just ranked rooms by premium members only.

Reactions: ComicOzzie
It should bother people at least a little since models are cheating the system to gain an advantage and it annoys members. MFC could fix it pretty easily if just ranked rooms by premium members only.

There will always be people who "cheat" the system one way or another. And it does suck if it does effect you. You just have work even harder. Work on your hustle, polish your charm and personality, and try to make yourself stand out more.

Which brings me to my next point. Even though MFC admins don't listen to you guys, you can still give feedback. It doesn't hurt to mention. Who knows, maybe they will listen.

Reactions: ExcellaExe
I do not even see why members care about this like at all. Personally, if a model has a room count of 2000 and it's boring I am not staying, I could give a shit about room count for any model, you could have three people in your room and if I like the show, then I will stay and tip, if not then I will move on to someone more interesting. I mean I get the whole thing about a model being on top of another with her room count up, but seriously this is a lame issue anyone with a brain is going to know they are bots ffs. Plus as a member I could give a shit what botting is going on, if a model is concerned that is different, its her room, but for me it isn't going to affect whether I tip the model or not---she determines that. It's also totally pointless to give a flying one about it too because it isn't going to stop. It's a waste of your energy to care. Support your favorite model, worry about that. Just saying.

Who says it's models doing this? I was visiting with a model one time and she freaked out and stopped her show when around 500 guests showed up in her room.

Even though MFC admins don't listen to you guys,

That's not entirely true. I've chatted with Leo on numerous instances. He routinely comes into Lounge10000 to ask for ideas for improving the site. He'll also run ideas they're thinking about past the people in there to see what everyone thinks. Quite often ideas from there will show up on the site within a couple weeks.

As an MFC member I can tell you in this case it just doesn't matter. The Model/ studio is just wasting their time for very little reward. Personally I find it both interesting and ridiculous that anyone would think increasing a guest room count would work on a member.

I can say most members simply ignore guest counts over member counts when it comes to spending, we only look to other members in a room. @AnonyMouse is it influencing your spending on models to have more freeloaders watching, or is it a turn off; an indication something is wrong with the model? I would be worried to see too many guests and not the right proportion of members.

Status
Not open for further replies.