AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC member recording privates?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jessica21

Cam Model
Dec 4, 2017
Hey everyone!! Officially my first thread here!
So I've been on MFC for a while now...
A guy I've been doing pvts with sent me a message saying when he goes back to re-watch our pvts he doesn't like how it sounds. Aka... he has been recording me. Do i report him to MFC and should I call him out on this forum so people know to watch out for him?

On another note... I'm so happy I'm a cam girl haha! It has been such an amazing experience and I'm really excited to gain model access in this ACF :)

MFC automatically provides a recording of private shows on the site. It's part of the justification for the "high" per minute price.

Upvote 0
A guy I've been doing pvts with sent me a message saying when he goes back to re-watch our pvts he doesn't like how it sounds. Aka... he has been recording me. Do i report him to MFC and should I call him out on this forum so people know to watch out for him?

On another note... I'm so happy I'm a cam girl haha! It has been such an amazing experience and I'm really excited to gain model access in this ACF :)

No, don't report him to MFC, because he probably didn't record you. Like Amber said, MFC provides members with a recording of your private show. Yes, it caught me off guard too the first time a member told me he was watching a recording of our private show, and I wasn't all that thrilled about it either (I kept my mouth shut though, and probably just said "Oh...okay...").

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Upvote 0
upload_2018-5-17_4-12-25.png
Looks something like this...within the archives files. So we get archive conversation and video feed for every private taken.

For a member it is a good feature in that the temptation to record content is not there. Also adds value in taking a model private over public shows.

For models/ MFC it keeps that member returning to the site to view any content: these videos can not be copied easily from the site. (Note: Mine had to be screen captured.)
This content is also more protected from being shared as it can be traced back to the member and any spys.

If you think about it, having content on site also helps with good behaviour, as a ban from site also bans you from stored content.

Upvote 0

I can see how that would seem super creepy if you didn't know MFC has this feature but the guy was most likely trying to be genuinely helpful and letting you know that maybe you have an audio issue.

Recording bots are a real problem but from the sounds of it this guy hasn't actually done anything wrong.

• Helpful!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
Upvote 0
Wow I can't believe I didn't know they could record!
Thank you everyone for your help! xxx
It's not that they can, it's that it's automatic on every private. The member doesn't have to do anything special, it just happens.

Upvote 0
Also seemingly a little known fact, but unless the model opts out of it, snapshots of your privates are made available to members in the private gallery. In other words, I can go to the gallery and view a few still pictures from random privates. For models with whom members have spent more than 1000 tokens they can see a few snaps from *every* private the model has had.

Upvote 0
How a model may opt-out.
1. Login to the admin page.
2. On left side: "Settings" -> "Model Settings"
3. On right side: Under "Promotional Tools", select "Exclude".

View attachment 76371

OR a member opts out. In that case, the privates a member has with models won't have images placed in the galleries. Mind you that opting out is a double-edged sword. I definitely have discovered some models through the galleries because they live in regions I normally don't have showing.

The galleries are weird at times though, showing models to me I know I have hidden and on ignore, or sometimes doubling almost a complete page of galleries (page 1 and 2 being pretty much the same for instance).

Upvote 0
OR a member opts out. In that case, the privates a member has with models won't have images placed in the galleries. Mind you that opting out is a double-edged sword. I definitely have discovered some models through the galleries because they live in regions I normally don't have showing.

The galleries are weird at times though, showing models to me I know I have hidden and on ignore, or sometimes doubling almost a complete page of galleries (page 1 and 2 being pretty much the same for instance).
I always exclude my private sessions from being included in the member gallery. I only do privates with models that I have known for a while and with whom I have established some level of trust. I figure what happens in our private sessions is Our business. And, like a previous poster said, if I spent a couple hundred dollars worth of tokens for a private session, I don't really feel like sharing.

Upvote 0
I always exclude my private sessions from being included in the member gallery. I only do privates with models that I have known for a while and with whom I have established some level of trust. I figure what happens in our private sessions is Our business. And, like a previous poster said, if I spent a couple hundred dollars worth of tokens for a private session, I don't really feel like sharing.

I would be surprised if more didn't feel the same way.

Overall im not sure how i feel about this. I am thinking about trying MFC to see if I like it better than Streammate, and im glad i saw this before I started.

Do most models feel like this is better overall to have in place? Or just a necessary evil type of thing.

Upvote 0
After paying an average of $200 for a private, I should hope I'd get a little something more to show for it. It's nice to be able to go back and revisit some fun moments too.

200 for a private? maybe I should switch streaming sites...holy crap

Upvote 0
this is a thing on CB too. Ive once had a client hold his phone up to our private session and recorded it that way...then he sent it to me... I was super freaked out

Upvote 0
This is how I am as well. I always do TruePrivates, as it is exclusive and gives privacy. Sometimes we get to chatting, and it's things that while not personally identifying, I don't like others listening in. I'm a bit of a privacy freak on some regards, conversations especially.

Way I view Privates are this way (crosses over into some other thread's discussions):

Privates: Semi-private, but still anyone with tokens can spy & potentially record. I'd have no issues if a model wanted to record and resell these, so long as it didn't have member specific information in it such as conversations, names, etc. Member cannot distribute, nor resell. Only view.
TruePrivates: Exclusive and private between model and member. Thus the higher price for these (80tkns/min instead of 60tkns/min). If the model thinks she did a great show, and wants to try and resell it she must have the approval of the member who commissioned the TruePrivate with her. Member cannot distribute, nor resell. View only.

Again, if I'm dropping some good money on a TruePrivate ($74.99(900) tokens is about an 11 minute TruePrivate, and rarely are they only 11 minutes long) then I should have the ability to view them and have a say on if a model can do something with the video. It's similar to copyright laws related to works of art and commissioning someone to do the work (they aren't an employee). Yes, digital works are a little different, especially on a camming/streaming site. But, trying to be fair to all involved parties.

Not every member does long privates. I've often heard models comment that they'll get 5 minutes out of a private if they're lucky. Either the person doesn't know how many tokens they have left, or just enough to cum and leave. One of the benefits of CB is that models get to set their per minute rate for privates. Whereas on MFC, you have two: 60tkns/minute for regular privates and others can spy for 30/min. Or 80tkns/min for TruePrivates and it's exclusive between member and model. Both types of privates, MFC provides online copies to the member. I think they should provide them to the model as well since it's not using any extra space to create another link to the source.

Upvote 0

$200 at 8 cents a token gives 2500 tokens. At 80 tokens a minute for true private, that only means 31 minutes. That's the members side of spending, $125 of that for model take home pay. It's not too uncommon to see that long of a private most days, just among the models I follow who routinely do privates.

Upvote 0
I always do TruePrivates, as it is exclusive and gives privacy.
Same here. I use to do normal privates but there was one model where we would end up chatting after the show for about as long as the show lasted. And after she made a comment about any spy’s being disappointed that we were just talking I switched to TruPrivate.
Not every member does long privates. I've often heard models comment that they'll get 5 minutes out of a private if they're lucky.
This is why some models have members tip before a private show. To try to avoid the 5 minute in and out private that disrupts their normal show and might cause viewers to leave the room.

Upvote 0
Same here. I use to do normal privates but there was one model where we would end up chatting after the show for about as long as the show lasted. And after she made a comment about any spy’s being disappointed that we were just talking I switched to TruPrivate.

I enabled it the day I signed up, same with not allowing pics of the private going into the gallery. But, one of the models I was with had commented on that it's a good thing I do TruePrivates due to just sitting there. Come to think of it, I don't think we even did anything that session. We just wound up chatting a little as it was that time of the month for her.

This is why some models have members tip before a private show. To try to avoid the 5 minute in and out private that disrupts their normal show and might cause viewers to leave the room.

Yep. I've seen some here comment that they can set a minimum amount of tokens a member can have before they will accpet a private. I don't think it forces them to spend it. Just sets a flag so to speak

Upvote 0
Since this seems to have a been satisfactorily answered I would suggest considering locking the thread as the discussion on recording privates has the potential to blow up into another "Reality Check" goat rodeo of a thread. Just a thought.

Interesting thought I had while typing this... I've recently finally given reddit a try and clearly it's having an effect as my first response to an answered question is lock it because it's answered and further conversation will likely just go downhill from here.

Upvote 0
I believe models may view their privates by logging into the member homepage and clicking the Archives link in the sidebar.

Some people disagreed with this post, but MFC does indeed show models their privates now in the chat archives. It was a pretty recent change.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Now if this had been locked we wouldn’t have learned that, mister bossy pants.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.