AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC New Model glitch?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SNATCH

Cam Model
Nov 18, 2010
Ya moms house
NEW MODEL - MFC Glitch

LMAOOOOOOOOOO. Apparently a lot of models have new accounts today... :whistle: Hilarious.

I WANT THE NEW MODEL TAG. HAHAHAHAHA. ;)

EDIT: Actually, I checked to see if I had it... I did.

WTF. LOL.

On MFC at the moment the first page has 268 new models and 32 not new. I've never seen this before.

There are 1109 models online, 903 of whom are new. Is this a glitch or is it true?

Glitch is much too kinda of word. This is a flat out severe bug that effects the site's functionality.

Reactions: AwesomeKate
Re: NEW MODEL - MFC Glitch

Isabella_deL said:
did you notice any difference in your traffic?

I feel very sorry for the actual new models who are trying to work today....

This was my first thought when I saw this last night!

And looking at it now, looks like its still going on.

Re: NEW MODEL - MFC Glitch

10:30 a.m. Central time now and about a dozen models on the first page are veterans, the rest newbies. I can understand a glitch that turns everyone into a new model, but how did those 12 avoid the yellow?

Yeah, I became a "new model" today too. Let's just say with all the other new girls it was slightly less business than my first camming session.

Merged the two identical threads... :whistle:

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
rexcode said:
Bad day to actually be a new model. They might want to wait this out...

Yeah, my roommate has about 8 hrs left of her new model tag, and I told her she has to cam with me if she wants to at all. I'm not letting her waste all those golden hours :naughty:

Reactions: emptiedglass
Godiva420 said:
rexcode said:
Bad day to actually be a new model. They might want to wait this out...

Yeah, my roommate has about 8 hrs left of her new model tag, and I told her she has to cam with me if she wants to at all. I'm not letting her waste all those golden hours :naughty:

I've always wondered what it is about the "new model" tag that makes it so important. Does it give the model a higher placement on the homepage? Or is it just that members seem more eager to visit a new model than one that isn't new, even if it's one they've never visited, and is therefore still "new" to them?

mynameisbob84 said:
I've always wondered what it is about the "new model" tag that makes it so important. Does it give the model a higher placement on the homepage? Or is it just that members seem more eager to visit a new model than one that isn't new, even if it's one they've never visited, and is therefore still "new" to them?

Let me answer in a song...

Yeah I was planning on getting on for a few hours earlier but when I saw that nearly EVERYONE had new model status I figured I'd wait it out because I still actually have new model status and want to milk those hours for as much as I can! I hope it gets fixed soon, I really want to try out the weekend crowd lol.

mynameisbob84 said:

From a guys perspective ...

New Girl Syndrome: This applies to real world also. But whenever a new girl is brought into a situation, they are auto-magically calibrated to higher scores (looks, personality, etc.) vs. the norm just from being a new/fresh face. Whether it's warranted or not, I think humans just like new things, it's a fresh stimulus.

Remember that new girl who transferred into your school and seemed cuter than the rest? Or maybe that new hire at your work that basically everyone trips over themselves to flirt with? But, much like the new model tag, the new girl syndrome does eventually wear off, but in those first moments, you can catch the attention of "new girl" fans and establish some regulars.

For some whales (big & frequent tippers), I think they get off on (for-lack-of-a-better-term-and-I-know-this-is-horrible-in-advance) "tip-coaching" new girls into being their type of models. Most established models have a certain room vibe and type of model they are (public shows? videos? TruPrivate only?) that no amount of tokens will change. But, some big tips regularly for a new model might fundamentally change how they run their room. For example, 4,000 tokens to crazysysy won't make her do a public cum show, you'll get to initiate a group (if that)! But 4,000 tokens will probably convince a new model to try something she may not have considered before.

Guest12345 said:
For some whales (big & frequent tippers), I think they get off on (for-lack-of-a-better-term-and-I-know-this-is-horrible-in-advance) "tip-coaching" new girls into being their type of models. Most established models have a certain room vibe and type of model they are (public shows? videos? TruPrivate only?) that no amount of tokens will change. But, some big tips regularly for a new model might fundamentally change how they run their room. For example, 4,000 tokens to crazysysy won't make her do a public cum show, you'll get to initiate a group (if that)! But 4,000 tokens will probably convince a new model to try something she may not have considered before.

This part is extremely true, although I wouldn't call these tippers "whales", and as far as I can tell for the most part they leave the model when she's no longer "new".

When I was a new model I got a few reasonably good tippers/private takers who showed me the ropes of myfreecams. Seeing as most of them totally disappeared with my new model status (even though they still clearly frequented the site) I am pretty sure a large part of what they enjoy is checking out new models, getting some privates from them, looking after them, teaching them about the site etc and then once that model is ok moving on to another new model. These members aren't the bad ones, in fact the member who took me in lots of privates in the beginning I owe a lot to, he didn't tell me how to do my job, he just got me to create a basic account and showed me round the site and directed me to ACF. Which at the time I looked at but didn't actually join until later on. Obviously as we went and watched top camscore models I had a completely unrealistic idea of how myfreecams worked.... and suddenly thought I would be earning insane amounts per hour!

There are a lot of less honourable members who visit new models though, those ones are usually the ones who hope to manipulate etc.

I think part of the reason people get excited about new models is you know that if a girl does well at the beginning then she can very quickly become a top model. I can't even comprehend how epic/overwhelming it'd be for that to happen to a brand new model, but, it does happen for a few lucky ones! If a model seems like she might become a top model members want to see what she was like at the beginning.

The other reason, which I think is hilarious, is that members want what they can't have. For example, me and a camgirl cammed together, it was very fun and got some attention, but no one was tripping over themselves about it. Then the next day she cams with another girl, I'm still around, I get bored and come and say hello. All the members can see is the side of my leg.... yet "oh my god!!! who's the girl in the denim shorts?!!! we want to see her!!!!" and they even start tipping and getting more enthusiastic.... of course, the next day when me and the girl cammed together for real, no one was fussed again. I know it's part of basic human nature to want something you're not allowed (like in this example I wasn't actually camming, so they wanted me), but seriously, I think humans give themselves far too much credit, because that shit was retarded.

Yeah, there was one new model who had become convinced by some pervs that she needed to finger her butt constantly in free chat to succeed. In the meantime, she wasn't getting many tips because she was giving away far too much for free. Once she relaxed a bit, she started to do okay. She was kind of nuts, but also pretty hot.

Reactions: Airwolfe
emptiedglass said:
Still doesn't appear to be fixed yet.
I was just looking at the homepage and see only 3 models [out of the 50 I have it set for] who are showing New Model now. I thought it was slowly getting fixed last night.

Now I am seeing certain models appearing right after my friends on p. 1 that have a light green border around their avatar. Some of them have very low camscores, but are showing up in the first row of p. 1. What gives?

ComicOzzie said:
Now I am seeing certain models appearing right after my friends on p. 1 that have a light green border around their avatar. Some of them have very low camscores, but are showing up in the first row of p. 1. What gives?
I think there's a new setting in the preferences. Mine was checked by default when I looked.

Attachments

• filter.jpg
    filter.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 116
AmberCutie said:
ComicOzzie said:
I think there's a new setting in the preferences. Mine was checked by default when I looked.

How do they determine the "models you may like"? Tags? Location?

Liliana_XO said:
AmberCutie said:
ComicOzzie said:

How do they determine the "models you may like"? Tags? Location?

My best guess is time spent by members in that room and where they also spend most of their other time. And also where do they spend their tokens. Easiest way I can figure to match up similar likes.

So if some member spends a lot of his tokens in a room you have on your friends list and he also spends a lot of tokens and time in another room you don't have on your friends list, then that would probably show up on your 'models you may like' list.

Attachments

• Screenshot - 7_27_2013 , 4_17_34 PM.jpg
    Screenshot - 7_27_2013 , 4_17_34 PM.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 109
Status
Not open for further replies.