AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC New Model glitch?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's probably some algorithm where they look at who is on your friends list and match up models with similar characteristics listed in their profiles.

yossarian said:
It's probably some algorithm where they look at who is on your friends list and match up models with similar characteristics listed in their profiles.

Stupid algorithm said I would not like anyone on. :crybaby: The models on my friend list are all special I suppose, each in their on way.

JerryBoBerry said:
Liliana_XO said:
AmberCutie said:
ComicOzzie said:
Now I am seeing certain models appearing right after my friends on p. 1 that have a light green border around their avatar. Some of them have very low camscores, but are showing up in the first row of p. 1. What gives?
I think there's a new setting in the preferences. Mine was checked by default when I looked.

How do they determine the "models you may like"? Tags? Location?

My best guess is time spent by members in that room and where they also spend most of their other time. And also where do they spend their tokens. Easiest way I can figure to match up similar likes.

So if some member spends a lot of his tokens in a room you have on your friends list and he also spends a lot of tokens and time in another room you don't have on your friends list, then that would probably show up on your 'models you may like' list.

I'm pretty sure this is how they do it. For example, one time when I was online on my member account and I stopped by Lily Evans room. In the panel "if you like Lily Evans you may like:..." I was listed as the number one most similar girl. And at the time there was a lot of cross over with our members because we were raffling off a double date together.

yossarian said:

I has nothing to do with friends lists, but probably associates models visited by the same members. It works if you log on as guest also. Not that I have any personal experience with that. :whistle:

It is also pretty darned accurate in my case. Pervs of a feather fap together.

Sevrin said:
yossarian said:

I has nothing to do with friends lists, but probably associates models visited by the same members. It works if you log on as guest also. Not that I have any personal experience with that. :whistle:

It may not be dependent on who 'you' have in your friends list but it could still use friends lists in the algorithms. Let's say 43% of members who have lilyevans in their friends list also have I_Am_Iris in their friends list. If you are visiting lily, even while guesting, it's going to suggest Iris for you.

JerryBoBerry said:
Sevrin said:
yossarian said:

It may not be dependent on who 'you' have in your friends list but it could still use friends lists in the algorithms. Let's say 43% of members who have lilyevans in their friends list also have I_Am_Iris in their friends list. If you are visiting lily, even while guesting, it's going to suggest Iris for you.
I think that's very likely.

There is now a thumbsup icon in the lower right corner of certain models' avatars that indicate that she might me someone I would like based on the current model whose room I am in. FYI.

Re: NEW MODEL - MFC Glitch

Isabella_deL said:
did you notice any difference in your traffic?

I feel very sorry for the actual new models who are trying to work today....

I did actually... I had CRAP for traffic. However, I didn't notice I had the tag til AFTER I had signed off already, which was when I posted this, && me && a couple of my regs were wondering WTF was going on, && WHY it was so BLAH.

AmeliaArcana said:
I wonder if Models You May Like has helped me recently with my room count spike... hmmm...

Its got to help, because now models are appearing at the top of the front page even though they do not have 5 digit camscores. I have already added a few to my friends list that I am sure I would have never spotted otherwise.

One thing I have noticed is that almost every list seems to include one of AspenRae, Sysy, or GinnyPotter. I guess they have universal appeal? :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.