AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC or SM?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 4, 2015
I am currently on SM and don't get me wrong, I LOVE them and they are good to me buuut I've been seeing a TON of MFC members on here. Which is better and why?

It's not really which is better, it's what works for the model. The reason you see so many MFC folks here (I would guess anyway) is because Amber, the lovely ladypants who runs this site, is on MFC exclusively and she brought a lot of the folks here that you see hanging around. There's a whole slew of threads about the pros and cons of both sites (and more) if you use the search function and browse around and if you get verified model status we have dedicated threads to the the big 3 camsites that could help you out a lot more than what you can find in the public section.

I will say, Streamate is more private/show based where as MFC tends to lean more towards social shows. While for some models SM can be exhausting and unsuccessful because you can end up doing show after show for others MFC can be as exhausting & unsuccessful because it's harder for them to keep up with the social aspect. As I said, it's all about what works for you.

I've tried both MFC and Streamate, and I found MFC way better.

First off, Streamate doesn't let any animals on screen with you, so you have to lock your pets out of the room, which will be distracting you during your shows if they scratch at the door. MFC obviously does, which makes your life easier. On Streamate, you only get 30 seconds in between private shows to get all your stuff together and put your clothes back on (you can't show below-the-waist nudity in free chat) which is really stressful. MFC gives you as much time as you need, because it sets your status as "away". Streamate also doesn't allow any alcohol, so say if you need some "liquid confidence" you have to cross that out, or get banned. MFC does allow alcohol (albeit in some places you need to be 21, but in the UK the required age is 18) so you can make fun games, like drink a shot for X amount of tokens. From my experience, Streamate also has terrible model support. Their payment was late, they took a week to get back to me, and then they said the problem was mine to deal with and I'd need to pay a fee if I wanted them to fix anything. :snooty:

If you ask Streammate for a break button, you can hit that after a private and have 10 minutes before you come back to free chat. And while they don't allow outright drinking, if they don't know exactly what's in your cup, they can't do anything.

SaffronBurke said:
If you ask Streammate for a break button, you can hit that after a private and have 10 minutes before you come back to free chat.
I really don't get why you have to ASK streamate for certain features. Gold shows have to be enabled, and a button to allow you to not have to rush back after a private? Come on now, those should be standard.

AmberCutie said:
SaffronBurke said:
If you ask Streammate for a break button, you can hit that after a private and have 10 minutes before you come back to free chat.
I really don't get why you have to ASK streamate for certain features. Gold shows have to be enabled, and a button to allow you to not have to rush back after a private? Come on now, those should be standard.

I never knew they had a break button. Yes, though, it's especially annoying, when there are certain things you could get in trouble for showing in free chat (like below the waist nudity) that are ok in private. I mean you can aim your cam at the ceiling while you get dressed, but jeez, that's hoping you aren't in doggy not facing the cam...sorry end of rant.

Hey hey hey guys lol I LOVE streamate.

I have done both Mfc and streamate as well and ended up with streamate. I think it all comes down to your personal decision in which site is best for you. You will never know for sure which site it is unless you try them both out :)

I like the fast paced shows over and over again, and streamate has always been more reliable for me paying traffic wise.

Check out Mfc and get a feel for it then base your decision on that :) everyone has their own favorite site.

I've never had a problem with Streamate payments but then again I'm with Boleyn for daily pay, so. :confusion-shrug:

And I think they make you ask for a break button because it can negatively impact your placement if you overuse it (think MFCs away option). I'm really not sure how people think the 30 second timer is stressful? I either tilt the cam up so it's pointed at my ceiling or go out of the cams view every time until I'm situated. Pretty easy solution. :lol:

Model support has also always gotten back to me within less than a day, but I've only had to contact them twice to ban members who I couldn't get to fast enough.

I was on MFC for 3 years and then SM. For me personally I like SM better because I prefer to have "hours" and not have camming be a 24/7 365 day rodeo like it was on MFC for me. It all comes down to personal preference!

:hello2: Hi, I'm a model who is currently trying to cam regularly on both sites! Here's how I feel about them.

MFC: Love that I can get creative with what I do - that motivates me the most. It also leads to a lot more off-cam type of work and responsibilities. I've met amazing models from MFC who I have absolutely loved working with, and even made friendships with cool members. At the same time, I feel like I've been working forever just to "get ahead." Camscore often works against me, and my room counts are considered low for the site. There's plenty of times people have said I should be "more popular" or whatever, but they're certainly not helping me get there :lol: Members can be pretty needy without offering you a whole lot. Some days, I have faithful regulars to help me out with goals. Other days, I struggle to get anyone talking, let alone tipping in my room. Lately, things have been very inconsistent. Can be pretty emotionally draining.

SM: Love the traffic! There's constantly people coming in and out. I don't get as butthurt about small room counts because it's pretty standard. When I have 5 or more people in my room at once, I'm thinking, "Wow, full room today!" I enjoy doing private/exclusive shows in general, but it gets frustrating when they suddenly end, and I have to rush back to hustlin' mode. The cool thing is I don't feel like I have to be "on" in the same way that I do on MFC; I can just sort of wait for someone to whisk me away for $ without worrying that I'm coming off as really boring. But on days where I'm craving social interaction and want to be appreciated for ~just being myself~, it's not necessarily ideal. While SM isn't as emotionally draining, sometimes I find it horribly boring. Sometimes, it's literally just different people saying, "Hi, how r u? Where r u from?" every few minutes, then immediately leaving.

I don't see one site as better than the other. They are just different platforms/tools for me to use as I need. I think they are both worth looking into and trying out.

They used to make you ask for gold shows, but now they get automatically enabled once you meet the qualifications. A few people slip through the cracks and still have to ask, but most don't anymore. I definitely agree that they should automatically offer the break button, or at least let you select it as an option when you set up your profile. They don't even tell you that it exists, you have to find out and ask. It's the same with having a Gold Club, you have to know that it's an option and ask.

When I started really using SM, I was in the middle of trying to do an MFC comeback month after camming predominantly on CB for the better part of a year. One night I tried SM on a whim, and while I had far smaller room counts, the guys who did come in my room were looking for a show and ready to pay. I ended up making in one night on SM what I'd just made in 4 days on MFC. And then got on the next few nights and made the same amount again. And it was way more my style, too. I'm not very social or outgoing normally, so MFC is a lot of work for me and very draining. I also prefer doing several privates a night and being able to get off several times, rather than doing one show (maybe) on MFC or CB and only getting off a couple times.

I struggle on the token sites, and have a lot of trouble reaching countdowns, whether I'm trying to do a cumshow for 100 or 500 or 1000 tokens, all amounts that I have tried at various points, but all amounts that fail 9/10 of the time.

I tired SM a few times and I really didn't like it.

I like that on MFC I can do whatever I want, whenever I want. I can talk to people however I want and I don't have to be in full-on-sexy mode all the time. I have total control and I can get creative.

I also find one-on-one sex shows very awkward- I don't like people telling me what to do and having to fake it and read their crappy dirty talk. Worrying about pleasing someone else to avoid getting shitty ratings sucked. If I had Gold Shows "unlocked" from the beginning I would probably be way more interested in streammate. Although the amount of money after the cut vs how long it takes to get the show started and perform it doesnt really compare to what I would get for an MFC countdown.

The cons to MFC for me would be that I find being 100% energetic and engaging for my whole shift very exhausting. The lack of structure means its on you to keep things interesting. On days where Im run down or in a bad mood, I struggle. A long period of illness or depression could really hurt you. Also. on MFC you do have to put in a lot more time off cam and I can see why some people would totally hate that. To get a high rank(and earnings) you have to make your whole life revolve around it.

I've tried both MFC and Streamate, and I found MFC way better.

First off, Streamate doesn't let any animals on screen with you, so you have to lock your pets out of the room, which will be distracting you during your shows if they scratch at the door. MFC obviously does, which makes your life easier. On Streamate, you only get 30 seconds in between private shows to get all your stuff together and put your clothes back on (you can't show below-the-waist nudity in free chat) which is really stressful. MFC gives you as much time as you need, because it sets your status as "away". Streamate also doesn't allow any alcohol, so say if you need some "liquid confidence" you have to cross that out, or get banned. MFC does allow alcohol (albeit in some places you need to be 21, but in the UK the required age is 18) so you can make fun games, like drink a shot for X amount of tokens. From my experience, Streamate also has terrible model support. Their payment was late, they took a week to get back to me, and then they said the problem was mine to deal with and I'd need to pay a fee if I wanted them to fix anything. :snooty:

This post was very helpful. I have been trying to figure out which site to stick with, SM or MFC. ...MFC seems a lot more flexible. Thank u for the help deciding! xo

Reactions: annamaytiddies
I've never cared for Streamate, to tell you the truth. I gave the site a chance, but found that MFC was more for me. Streamate had too many public chat rules (including not being able to advertise your Twitter link), the difficulty in banning a member from your room, Model Support blaming tech issues on the model (I remember, a while back, when models were having issues, they always blamed it on the models for not having an i7 processor), no option for the model to disable private shows (once had a guy keep taking me private just so he could end the session a second later, because he found it amusing to fuck around with me like that while I'm trying to work...and of course banning him was difficult since he always left the room right away after doing it). Also, I had a very difficult time getting guys on SM to tip me in public chat. And like Amber said above...having to ask Streamate to give you certain features that other models have...that's ridiculous.

I felt like MyFreeCams Model Support cared more about the models than Streamate Model Support did. Even the tone in their e-mails seemed friendlier. Streamate Support (and ImLive Support, now that I think about it) talked to us like we were idiots. That's why whenever I had to contact SM about something, I preferred to speak to Vanessa or Liz directly because they were pretty cool.

Different strokes for different folks. You will get different opinions on MFC and SM. You just have to figure out what works best for you.

In my opinion, you get more freedom on MFC, and get to be more creative with what you do in your room. You can do a booty flash for tokens without worrying about getting suspended. You can post the link to your Twitter profile without getting in trouble for it. Also, I always loved the chatty environment of the guys on MFC, and knowing that when I see familiar screen names visiting me, I'd have some cool guys sticking around for some good conversation.

Last edited:
Really, you can do whatever you want (within the rules) on any cam site. I don't get all this "you can't" stuff.

If you want your room to be more social on streamate - then try/do it. You will attract those that are into that kind of thing. If you don't like one on one private, then just do goldshows and don't do privates or exclusives. There are plenty of models on the site that do this. Your room is going to be whatever you make it.

There is one particular model who pretty much does arts and crafts on cam, is very creative with shadow shows/black and white shows, paint shows, does raffles, the list goes on..... And when she is ready to be sexy she does gold shows. She usually has 40+ people in her room and most of them regulars. So, the member base does exist for a social/creative type of environment on the site. It just seems that a lot of the girls on there are not really into a really social type of camming style and prefer to be a bit more detached.

I started on MFC and I hate that website tbh. I hate the emotional needyness of the members. I hate the fact the that you can do basically anything (cumshows etc) in free chat because it turns so many guys into stupid freeloaders. (SHOW PUSSY BB???)

With Streamate, you aren't allowed to have any contact with the members outside of the website.It is a beautiful rule that will always be the #1 reason I love the fuck outta SM. You log off, and you truly log off. I never felt like this on MFC. Your regular members start expecting your phone number/snapchat/kik all that shit and that can be really profitable but it's a totally sacrificing your personal time IMO.

Then there's the fact that MFC always felt like pulling teeth for me. I was never really successful on that website. I like SM because I like getting to the good stuff quick. You wanna cum while you watch me cum? Perfect. Private time, let's go and boom that's money. Then literally rinse and repeat. And honestly, I don't have a lot of issue with the 30 second thing. I've gotten damn good and rinsing off my dildo(s), cleaning myself up & putting my panties back on speedy quick. I'm usually back in front of my cam in 20-45 seconds.

I also really like that SM pays out every week. With MFC's two week stuff I always got lazy thinking, "well there's SO many days left in this pay period. I can fuck around now." No no No, bad cam girl habits!

Oh and honestly. I have gotten totally shit faced on SM a ton of times. I don't drink on cam anymore because I haven't been drinking at all lately but yeah, I was downing wine like it was water many many nights lol. I never even realized this was against the rules until now. Obviously not that big of a deal. The only time I've ever heard of a model getting fired from SM was because she worked at a studio and accepted a ride home from a member. Huge no no, clearly.

Biggest downside of SM? They take 70motherfucking% of all your monies. Now that does make me wanna put my head through a wall at times. But I've still made SO much more on SM than MFC, so yah.

Really, you can do whatever you want (within the rules) on any cam site. I don't get all this "you can't" stuff.

What is it that you don't get? She needs to know that certain things you do on MyFreeCams could get you suspended on Streamate. It's not like Streamate has a detailed Wiki page of rules, and I've even seen forum posts where SM models are asking each other for clarification on what kind of nudity is/isn't allowed in public chat. I'd hate for anyone to get suspended over something silly like talking about Twitter (because she's used to doing it on other sites without being penalized).

What is it that you don't get? She needs to know that certain things you do on MyFreeCams could get you suspended on Streamate. It's not like Streamate has a detailed Wiki page of rules, and I've even seen forum posts where SM models are asking each other for clarification on what kind of nudity is/isn't allowed in public chat. I'd hate for anyone to get suspended over something silly like talking about Twitter (because she's used to doing it on other sites without being penalized).

Which is why I specifically said "within the rules" in my post.

Saying you can't be social on SM is not in the rules. There is no rule that you HAVE to do privates or exclusives. Those are the types of things I was referring to and detailed specifically in my post. I am unsure where I didn't make that clear.

FYI, there is a pretty detailed guide to the rules here: http://www.streamatemodels.com/documents/en/performer-manual.pdf
No account needed. But the OP is already streaming on Streamate, so I am sure she has access to it and is aware of the major rules on the site. But this can be useful for others stumbling on this thread who are considering trying it out.

Which is why I specifically said "within the rules" in my post.

Saying you can't be social on SM is not in the rules. There is no rule that you HAVE to do privates or exclusives.

Nope, I never said "You can't be social on SM." You are putting words in my mouth. I said that you are not allowed to advertise your Twitter profile in your SM chat room, and I said that, in my opinion, MFC is more of a chatty atmosphere than SM. I actually just finished reading another ACF thread where another model also points out that you can't post your Twitter link on SM.

Also, I never said that you "have to do privates and exclusives." I said that there is no option to disable privates. If you don't wish to go private ("premium," as it's called) but someone takes you private anyway, you just have to exit the private show and wait to be taken back to public chat. For the model who doesn't wish to do a premium show at that moment, that can be a pain in the ass...especially when the guy continues to do it (which keeps taking you out of your public chat). I cammed on Streamate long enough to know what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
Nope, I never said "You can't be social on SM." You are putting words in my mouth. I said that you are not allowed to advertise your Twitter profile in your SM chat room, and I said that, in my opinion, MFC is more of a chatty atmosphere than SM. I actually just finished reading another ACF thread where another model also points out that you can't post your Twitter link on SM.

Also, I never said that you "have to do privates and exclusives." I said that there is no option to disable privates. If you don't wish to go private ("premium," as it's called) but someone takes you private anyway, you just have to exit the private show and wait to be taken back to public chat. For the model who doesn't wish to do a premium show at that moment, that can be a pain in the ass...especially when the person continues to do it, removing you from your public chat. I cammed on Streamate long enough to know what I'm talking about.

You are literally putting words in my mouth. I am confused where I said anywhere in any of my posts that you said these things? Are you under the impression my post was somehow directed at you?

I am confused where I said anywhere in any of my posts that you said these things? Are you under the impression my post was somehow directed at you?
Yes, because your previous post quoted me.

Yes, because your previous post quoted me.
My previous post quotes where you asked me What I didn't get. I answered that question by simply referring to what I was talking about in my initial post. Which quoted no one. lol.

ETA: To be honest, I didn't even remember what you had posted in the first place. I was giving my opinion on the site and talking about the very common misconceptions about streamate. Which I have done in the past, on many other threads. It really was not directed at you whatsoever. I wasn't directed at anyone specifically.It was really directed at a general idea that you can only be sexual on streamate and not have any kind of creativity.

Reactions: GracieHart
I know what post you were referring to. You asked me what I didn't get. I restated what I had already stated in the previous post that I made. I answered your question, by simply restating the opinion I had already posted, which was directed at no one. Your post was quoted b/c you asked me a direct question. Nothing was specific to you except me clarifying what I didn't get. And I have already stated it was not directed specifically at you. I didn't say YOU said any of those things.

I am not sure what is confusing about this.

Yeah, after I listed (for the OP) some things that models aren't allowed to do on Streamate, you said "I don't get all this 'you can't' stuff." So I asked you "What is it that you don't get?" Meaning...what is it about my post do you not get? I was stating facts. I even got a SM suspension once for flashing below-the-belt nudity in public chat. Not trying to see other models make that same mistake. Even though I'm just a former cam girl, I am allowed to discuss the rules of Streamate, and my opinions/experiences with SM and MFC...right?

This conversation is tiring...

Yeah? Maybe because it's not about you? Cammi has said now about 19 million times that she was NOT referring to your post; why do you insist it was?
Okay, well it's not about you either. Do you speak on her behalf now?

• Wat?!
Reactions: Teagan and Nordling
Yeah, after I listed (for the OP) some things that models aren't allowed to do on Streamate, you said "I don't get all this 'you can't' stuff." So I asked you "What is it that you don't get?" Meaning...what is it about my post do you not get? I was stating facts. I even got a SM suspension once for flashing below-the-belt nudity in public chat. Not trying to see other models make that same mistake. Even though I'm just a former cam girl, I am allowed to discuss the rules of Streamate, and my opinions/experiences with SM and MFC...right?

This conversation is tiring...

Jesus christ. I I actually didn't read your long post until after you started asking me why I was directing mine at you. There was nothing in your post that I even read. I apologize for posting underneath you. o_O

You are NOT the only person who posted in this thread talking about lack of creativity, social aspect, privates only, etc. You are also not the only person to have said these things in the past. I never even mentioned twitter, the rules of streamate, or the like. As a matter of fact I said WITHIN the rules you can be any type of cam model you want. THAT was the point of my post.

Get off my dick and stop taking my post so personal. Fuck.

On that note, I'm done with this discussion. It's fucking weird.

Jesus christ. I I actually didn't read your long post until after you started asking me why I was directing mine at you. There was nothing in your post that I even read. You are NOT the only person who posted in this thread talking about lack of creativity, social aspect, privates only, etc. You are also not the only person to have said these things in the past. I never even mentioned twitter, the rules of streamate, or the like. As a matter of fact I said WITHIN the rules you can be any type of cam model you want. THAT was the point of my post.

Get of my dick and stop taking my post so personal. Fuck.
Well then, there you go. Try READING my original post next time, before you go quoting and responding to me.

On your dick? Girl, please...

Status
Not open for further replies.