AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC rooms are getting more and more quiet

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaaaaand today was a 15 tk day with almost nobody in my room talking except one guy who didnt seem to like me very much. So so so quiet, so sad. I kept trying to make conversation out of dead silence because I dont have enough content to sell yet...it didnt work. Gotta go cry forever now

MFC rooms are definitely getting much quieter because nobody can log in lately.
But the cries of anguish on twitter from camgirls understandablu freaked out that the site is crashed the last day of the month are getting louder. So maybe they balance out.

I would love to be able to do game nights, cooking shows, shower shows etc like I used to do a few years ago.

But it doesnt work in a quiet room, or it kills tipping. Its like its too complicated for people to understand or something.

@Kickaz I would consider Chaturbate, but it has a whole host of its own issues which sketch me out.

But it doesnt work in a quiet room, or it kills tipping. Its like its too complicated for people to understand or something.

I relate to this.....I dont even know what to do in my quiet room. Im gonna learn how to run a circus.....

Reactions: Chippai
yes that would be the closest I could work but the ads and like you said their other issues are still off putting. Maybe if mfc goes to shit I should ask them to do a rank competition.

Learn something new every day. I never knew there was ads on Chaturbate! Had to turn off uBlock Origin to see what you were talking about. That would annoy me to have to see them every time I was on that site.

I think the reason less gals may be doing this is they may have had the experience I had. I NEVER made goals on game nights. Not an exaggeration. Traffic took a dive and new tippers were scarce - non existent.

There's also the problem, when playing something like hangman where people are supposed to tip to guess, some 0/20 is going to blurt out the solution before someone tips for it. Boom. Ruined.

My experience is you should NEVER schedule special shows. The reason is camming is temperamental and you never know how much money there will be on the site and in your room in a particular day. And it doesn't matter how amazing your schedule show is, if there isn't money you won't make any and you will blame yourself, your show, and your viewers for not engaging when you could have failed equally doing your bread and butter routine.

Instead of scheduling a show, keep a handful of ideas in the back burner, things you could do today if you wanted to, if you find the vibe is right. So you start your show with no expectations and you keep a few different options to choose from once you figure out what kind of day it will be.

Then there is also the fact that some shows will make more money than others because of their nature and others won't make as much but they have other upsides: they make you look cool, differentiate you from the rest, they make your members respect you more. And so doing an artistic show like body painting or playing piano might not create as much money in the moment but they will help create a special image about you so people will remember you and next time they visit you, on a bread and butter show they will tip you because they remember.

So... I don't do artistic shows but I do games sometimes, which is similar and I don't schedule them, I keep them on the back burner for slow days. If I log on and there is not much going on I will bring out the games and conversation. And this is what I would recommend doing with artistic or offbeat shows.

I agree with all this so much. It has been a frustrating lesson for me to learn since I can be stubborn, but one I have accepted the past few months as mostly true (took me long enough, lol). The only time I really schedule shows anymore is for my body paint shows. Which really benefit from a week or two heads-up I feel. I have found it does not effect the quality or participation my other camming days, and when I alert my room and regs of my paint shows they really look forward to them and so do I, which is great! My paint shows are some of my most profitable but they are by far the most work.

I also agree having a less successful token-wise days are good days to still connect with members by think having more mellow, relaxed days with games, chatting, or pure goofiness (for me) really adds a special touch. I think every cam girl, guy, couple needs to find those special touches and shows that make them, them! Like a signature that runs through everything you do. I have found the rooms I enjoy the most have this, even though they are all very different in style- some very different every time I see their room- but they have something that really sticks out as "Them" and no one else.

Reactions: Mila_
I see the complaint about models all being different and jaded these days, but every model I enjoy watching is super friendly and chatty and in no way behaves like the camgirl negative stereotype. So it makes me wonder... there are WAY more models these days so obviously there are more models who you won't like but it's no where near "all" or even a majority... so why do members keep only trying to watch models you don't jive with?
Or is it the standard old idea that a positive interaction is far less memorable than a negative one?
Finding a handful of favorites and being a regular to them is and has always been the norm on MFC and the source of it's success... this is not new.
Once you start expecting everyone to fit your tastes both physically and personally, maybe it is you who are the jaded one, because that's just not how human interaction works.

I think "professionalism" is the problem, unless you mean basic honesty, delivering what's promised for tips, etc. The flip side is ones that are just sitting there saying, "give me your money". Things used to feel more laid back, models were more real, themselves, however you want to put it, they would hang out and talk, and they wouldn't pressure their room for tips as much. Competition and Camscore seem like good explanations for the shift. They feel more pressured, so they act that way. But that still doesn't make it good.

Not to say there aren't still some very cool ladies on the site. Just a general shift. More models come across as greedy and arrogant, but it could be in part because they're fighting each other for tips more now.

Something I have done/noticed in recent months...

When I see the same member coming into my room and lurking or talking all of the time, I'll make a note of their reward points. Every so often I'll check the number or update it. I have to say it's become increasingly common for members to spend a lot of time in my room (and I am guessing others) without ever having spent any money in the past several months or year.

I started removing members like this from my PM list, because I don't like the idea of giving a member 1-on-1 attention via PMs if he hasn't tipped in several months or a year. Many of them get mad about this because they "just want to talk" and sometimes some have gone to far to say things like "camgirls make too much money anyway, camgirls are greedy, I need to stop coming to this site anyway." It kind of sucks to realize that my time isn't actually valued by them at all. That it's not about my "greed" but their perceived problem about wanting something from me without offering anything in exchange for that.

I am really starting to wonder if it's this sort of freeloader who constantly bitches about models being greedy or arrogant when it's really just her trying to do her job. The member feels self conscious because a model call him out on not tipping (even politely and privately), and so instead of realizing that he's the one in the wrong, instead the member pins it on the model who is "greedy" or a "bitch." On the flipside, it's very easy for a model to get jaded by this sort of behaviour when it happens sooooooooo often.

So I kind of agree with Jolene about the fact that a member is going to remember a negative experience better than a positive experience, but I also think that when a member doesn't intend to tip, that is only going to up the negative experiences of course.

It really sucks for the members who DO just want to get to know a model first and then tip later, but as trends go, it seems like a safer bet to at least give really small tips here and there. Personally I will think and act much more positively towards someone who gives a 10 token tip once a day versus someone who never gives anything.

Edit: Imagine spending hours getting ready, brainstorming ideas for conversation and games, buying new toys or outfits, you've hyped yourself up. you're all excited and ready to go. Then you get on cam and 20 minutes later, still nobody has said a word to you and you've just been watching people come and go, ignoring your greetings. At this point, you're disheartened and your makeup has run. :dead:

This is why I stopped doing games entirely in my room.

I have had some members send me PMs about how the games are super boring, that I should just tease instead if I wanted more tokens. I mean, aside from the fact that kind of hurts knowing whatever efforts I made before just sucked that much, I have changed my room so that generally when most tip, I do a tease. The games were just hours wasted offline that got me nowhere even when I tried to keep them up for much longer than 20 minutes.

It definitely does seem to be the sort of thing where you just can't please everyone. Some hate countdowns, some love them. Games can be fun, but they pretty much don't work unless you have a REALLY active room.

This is why I stopped doing games entirely in my room.

I have had some members send me PMs about how the games are super boring, that I should just tease instead if I wanted more tokens. I mean, aside from the fact that kind of hurts knowing whatever efforts I made before just sucked that much, I have changed my room so that generally when most tip, I do a tease. The games were just hours wasted offline that got me nowhere even when I tried to keep them up for much longer than 20 minutes.

It definitely does seem to be the sort of thing where you just can't please everyone. Some hate countdowns, some love them. Games can be fun, but they pretty much don't work unless you have a REALLY active room.
What's interesting about that is in my room, teasing does not work. Yeah, i know, sounds bizzar right? Games and talkative conversation seems to work better in my room. I have tried the seductive dancing and playful teasing, but people tend to not bite towards that, they like it, but they get very quiet and don't interact as much. I noticed when I am being more goofy and playing games, I get more participation. It might be because I cater to men (and some women) who really like quirky and nerdy girls. They know I am not seductive. I can do itand it will bring in new members, but once i stop teasing, they pull away and most of them don't interact/tip when im doing things like that. They seem to interact more when im having fun just doing something else and my members are talking and having fun too. v.v" damn why cant i just be sexy? I remember I did a bath show and while i was soaping my boobs, my soap bottle that was hanging on this rack fell on my head. <.< thats the kind of shows I always end up with. Lol.

Rooms I regularly visit the talking level I haven't noticed any differences. Some rooms I don't visit all the time I have noticed it varies a lot. Might have to do with the regulars of models' rooms.

Yuuuup and it's really discouraging to watch certain members view you in PM DAY AFTER DAY but never tip or come say hi.

This is an old post I'm quoting, but, yikes. I didn't realize it showed you who was doing that. Sometimes I feel a little put on the spot if I haven't been in someone's room for a while but used to be a regular, and would be asked 'Hey where have you been, are you coming back now?' etc. So just to keep up with them I'll watch in PM a bit. I didn't realize it was visible and thus rude to the model. Sorry about that, folks.

What's interesting about that is in my room, teasing does not work. Yeah, i know, sounds bizzar right? Games and talkative conversation seems to work better in my room. I have tried the seductive dancing and playful teasing, but people tend to not bite towards that, they like it, but they get very quiet and don't interact as much. I noticed when I am being more goofy and playing games, I get more participation. It might be because I cater to men (and some women) who really like quirky and nerdy girls. They know I am not seductive. I can do itand it will bring in new members, but once i stop teasing, they pull away and most of them don't interact/tip when im doing things like that. They seem to interact more when im having fun just doing something else and my members are talking and having fun too. v.v" damn why cant i just be sexy? I remember I did a bath show and while i was soaping my boobs, my soap bottle that was hanging on this rack fell on my head. <.< thats the kind of shows I always end up with. Lol.

It sounds like you (and @Sansa above) are doing the right thing by being flexible and trying different approaches to see what works best for you (and by that I mean, what are you most comfortable with, what are you particularly good at, and what gives you an acceptable level of income). As Sansa said, it seems like you can't please everyone. Nor should you try to do so. There's already too much uniformity among MFC models.

Reactions: Sansa
Sometimes I log off simply because TOO many high camscore models are online and people are just NOT finding my room. Other times I log on and I am on the 6th row and get a ton of people talking, interacting, TIPPING because it was a lot easier to find me. Just a thought~

I mean, there are always tons of models sitting alone in rooms wanting to do something fun/play games but if no one takes interest what is she supposed to do? Seriously, it's ridiculously easy to find models sitting in an empty or nearly empty room yet they have interesting topics.

Aaaaaand today was a 15 tk day with almost nobody in my room talking except one guy who didnt seem to like me very much. So so so quiet, so sad. I kept trying to make conversation out of dead silence because I dont have enough content to sell yet...it didnt work. Gotta go cry forever now

This has been an interesting thread for me, a new user of these forums. I've never discovered most of you, even though you seem like your rooms would be interesting. That is one part of the cam score system that is tedious for all of us. I only go to the 2nd page 5% or less of the time, to be honest, even though some of my favorites were discovered there in the past (they're now higher up and I see them often enough that I'm rarely looking for a new room). But, I've added like five or six people from this thread, so if the timing works out, I'll stop by if you're around US evenings-night (as I was reading I merely copy and pasted into add_friend rather than inspected each profile for schedules before adding since, hey, sometimes I have a day off at an odd time). I often find that except for the first several rows of rooms (I sort by room size, not cam score), there are those small handful of premiums, the goals are too far for me to reach on my own or with just one or two other tippers before I have to go, and I'm not always feeling altruistic enough to help a goal I'm not going to be around to see finished. I hope more of you can find exposure and get out from under the "too low to find new tippers, but need more tippers to raise score" threshold. I'm not the best conversation starter so I don't know what else we can do from this end to help liven up the rooms.

I also think that, to @Sansa's point, things like 10k lounge and other rewards points perks can at times encourage members to think of themselves as major paying contributors and just rest on those laurels, even if their major tipping days are a year or two past. Not that they are bad and should be removed, but a system that incentivizes models to get tips quickly or sign back off [where no one will discover them either] due to camscore while at the same time encourages tippers to bask in the glory of past tips instead of apply new ones might be at least in part a cause of the struggles a lot of rooms seem to be having. I know I'm guilty of the latter myself.

so you're the type of model we're warned about in the lounges

I'll take your comment at face value for the purposes of making an important point about what @Sansa said about checking reward points: (1) You go to the bank to get a loan for a car or a house, and they will run a credit report. Why? To get some assurance that you will pay back the loan. They don't want to do business with someone that they're going to lose money on. (2) You go to the doctor, and they want to see your insurance card. They don't want to do business with someone that they're going to lose money on. (3) If you hire a contractor to build a home or do major remodeling, it's a safe bet that they're going to run a credit report and/or a background check on you. Again, they need to make money and not waste their time dealing with people who will prevent that from happening. Checking reward points is the most objective way models have to see who is likely to spend money and who is not (making what they do worth the time and effort).

This is an old post I'm quoting, but, yikes. I didn't realize it showed you who was doing that. Sometimes I feel a little put on the spot if I haven't been in someone's room for a while but used to be a regular, and would be asked 'Hey where have you been, are you coming back now?' etc. So just to keep up with them I'll watch in PM a bit. I didn't realize it was visible and thus rude to the model. Sorry about that, folks.

Logging out and watching as a guest may serve you better for that purpose.

Totally agree. This is unlikely to be the only factor, but if the number of models has increased dramatically in relation to the number of paying members, it stands to reason that the individual earning potential of a model is going down (on average). Members can be more choosy about where and on whom to spend their money. And, though I can't articulate an explanation very well, I think this market imbalance also leads to members being less engaged (i.e., quiet) in the rooms they do choose to visit.

Serious question: Though it may not seem realistic at this point, would it be worth considering establishing some sort of a guild system for models, the purpose of which is to limit the supply of models and enhance their quality through some sort of gatekeeping practices such as exams. Of course, MFC and other such sites would have to buy into this and participate, and unless they're really forward-thinking, they're not likely to do so unless their profits decline to an unacceptable point

I'm curious if we looked at MFC total revenues from now versus 5 years ago if it would be more, less, or the same. I imagine it would actually be more.

Another thing is progressing sex work jobs into the mainstream pool.

Many cam girls and other SWs are constantly striving to make our job more accepted and respected... which as that happens, more and more people feel comfortable enough to jump in and DO these jobs. It will continue to have an impact on the supply/demand, the less taboo it is to be a cam girl.

You're exactly right, as sex work becomes more mainstream more people are willing to do it which drives the competition in the market way up.

I've found that I get far more viewers but less tippers and once the chat gets going it's fine. Traffic increases as more people discover camsites (it's in the media so often...all publicity, good or bad) but it's not paying traffic. I think it's simply a sign of the economic times.

It's true, every country in the world has suffered a recession in the past 2 quarters EXCEPT for the United States. So international sales are probably down.

I use to look at mfc traffic stats on Alexa a few years ago. Data was like this
% traffic

50% USA
7 % Germany
6 % Australia
4 % U.K
4 % India

now it looks like this

United States 30.2%
China 7.3%
India 6.8%
United Kingdom 5.8%
Japan 4.8%

I'd be curious what the absolute numbers are. It's interesting to see such a surge from China. Australia is such a small population of a country I am actually surprise to see that it was 6% of the traffic. I wonder what Texas alone is, considering my state has a population of 27 million and the population of Australia is only 23 million.

Interesting. It's probably a safe bet that the U.S. 20 point drop is being made up by increases in users from non-English speaking countries, who are less likely to participate in English language chat. It's also possible the number of U.S. users has remained relatively constant and the number of non-U.S. users has dramatically increased by comparison. Either way, the share of English-speaking users has declined significantly.

Do you have the absolute numbers? I couldn't see a way to get them without paying for an Alexa subscription.

I'd love to see the absolute numbers as well. That kind of data could tell us a lot.

Ahahahahahahahaha freeloader alert

I find it interesting that you use that as a freeloader alert. There are several, nay MANY, big tippers that hang out in the lounge and we DO discuss models. This is an entertainment industry, whether people want to believe that or not. If I want to look at a still body naked there are photographs for that. This is about the interaction between the entertainer and the customer.

Reactions: AmberCutie
Something I have done/noticed in recent months...

When I see the same member coming into my room and lurking or talking all of the time, I'll make a note of their reward points. Every so often I'll check the number or update it. I have to say it's become increasingly common for members to spend a lot of time in my room (and I am guessing others) without ever having spent any money in the past several months or year.

I also think that, to @Sansa's point, things like 10k lounge and other rewards points perks can at times encourage members to think of themselves as major paying contributors and just rest on those laurels, even if their major tipping days are a year or two past.

Interesting. No problem with you (or whoever) checking member reward points, but I think this is the first time I saw a model acknowledge it. I've been hiding my tokens and score for a long time because I assumed that was happening based on some other models' behaviors.

On facialover's post (lol that name), a revamp of the rewards system would be great. As is I don't see much point to the system unless you are actively checking a member's points like Sansa mentioned. Even if its a small change like having a hidden model-visible changing score similar to the camscore system or a larger change like something better than getting access to a more exclusive lounge room that no one talks in. Maybe then we'll even be rid of the occasional member who hijacks a room just to brag about how many reward points he has. Though, I guess even the bragging may be welcome if the room is 'dead' enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.