AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MFC Rules and warnings

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MFC should worry about fixing their god damned broken ass site before attacking a major source of income for the models.

PinUpKittie wrote:
LadyLuna wrote:
Skimming through Rules for Models I noticed a few
Exchanging Contact Information wrote:
MyFreeCams.com allows the exchange of any kind of information between models and members, including e-mails, online messenger screen names; however, this information MAY NOT be used to provide webcam shows or receive payment outside of the website.

Which means skype shows for tokens are now against the rules?

This one really sucks...and also means I can't sell videos/panties for cash, which was about 80% of my sales x.x

Hope it's enforced as well as the other rules MFC claims to have...

There's nothing to stop you from selling panties and videos for tokens though as far as i can see it. Just don't take paypal - it's against the rules and not only that but paypal close accounts and fine money if they suss that you have used them to take payment for 'sexual services' or some such wording like that. I heard a rumour that there are other online payment systems you can register for that are cool with it but can't remember wtf they are called...

Yeah, accepting tokens is fine. As for Paypal, no offense, but it's really stupid to use it for adult transactions since it's against Paypal's rules. Not only will they find out, but they'll shut down your account and keep the money in it.

The rule against cam shows and selling stuff for anything other than tokens has always been there.

The rule says you may not use the messengers for WEBCAM SHOWS. It says nothing about not accepting tokens for panties, or prerecorded videos. Just that if you're doing anything live on webcam, it can't be done through these alternate means of contact.

But yeah, they really do need to worry more about fixing their broken site than anything else at the moment.

One of the reasons for the site going down so much is too many models/members. If they suddenly start enforcing the rules, it will kill their business, in that it will drive members away, but it will also save the site, in that they won't have as many models and members, and it won't crash as much.

Of course, god forbid they lose customers for actually enforcing their rules.

That rules are kind of strange. I don't know how everything changed during the time, because i see that topic posted in 2009, but i've seen so many girls playing with toys in open room, that i just wonder if it was different before :shock:
Actually my first few months in MFC was very confused, i was trying to follow the rules - no toys in open room, but since October to the moment none of the girls stopped using toys so i'm thinking is it forbidden at all and who is looking if the rules are followed by us?
Other thing which makes me wonder are the ChipIn's some girls use. On one hand payments has to be done only in MFC, on other hand they stay ChipIn methods for receiving money by paypal? :?

Sorry for my bad english again :whistle:

LadyShark said:
That rules are kind of strange. I don't know how everything changed during the time, because i see that topic posted in 2009, but i've seen so many girls playing with toys in open room, that i just wonder if it was different before :shock:
Actually my first few months in MFC was very confused, i was trying to follow the rules - no toys in open room, but since October to the moment none of the girls stopped using toys so i'm thinking is it forbidden at all and who is looking if the rules are followed by us?
Other thing which makes me wonder are the ChipIn's some girls use. On one hand payments has to be done only in MFC, on other hand they stay ChipIn methods for receiving money by paypal? :?

Sorry for my bad english again :whistle:
Chip ins are against the rules as well as using toys/masturbating/penetration in free chat. The ultimate issue is that no one is enforcing these rules unless MFC gets a ton of complains from people about the offenders. Doing off-site shows for tokens (skype/msn/yahoo) is also now written into their rules as a violation, but still you see girls offering it daily.

What it comes down to in the end is you do what you want to do and take the risk that if you break the rules there's the chance you'll get warned/banned.

AlexLady said:
Yeah, accepting tokens is fine. As for Paypal, no offense, but it's really stupid to use it for adult transactions since it's against Paypal's rules. Not only will they find out, but they'll shut down your account and keep the money in it.

The rule against cam shows and selling stuff for anything other than tokens has always been there.

Learned the hard way here.. .growls. Thank god i only had 30.00 in that. 180day ban..

toys in public has become such a wide-spread thing!!
I started in Oct 2010 and pretty much stopped camming by jan 2011. (Though I may make a few re-appearances soon, possibly a "retirement" cam-show thing) I made great money, but several things made me lessen my cam time. Amongst one of them was the feeling that I wasn't "up-to-standards" or "doing what everyone else is doing"
I don't think that way in real life so I have noooo idea why I've allowed MFC to make me feel this way. But, basically since Dec/Jan I started noticing more & more models signing up, yet it didn't seem(to me) that more members were signing up.
And since then, I still watch MFC as a member & have been & cam girls playing by "the rules" has become very very hard to find.
I have my homepage set to view the current public cam on girls instead of their profile pic. So, i scan over them & see mostly toys/penetration going on alot!! MFC might as well just remove that whole penetration rule & just totally leave it up to the models, because it's happening anyways. OR- I do believe if they are going to have that rule in place, then they SHOULD start enforcing it.
I've never been much of a rule-breaker & i know many models are similar.
I have a feeling that eventually MFC is going to have to make many changes. Just like most other companies. In time, changes are needed & they will either have to make those changes or the company could suffer any many ways. Now, let's see if MFC does make any changes in a timely manner... or will they wait til "last minute" to try to save themselves.(I'm also talking about their crashes etc... with that last info...)

I said this is some of the venting that went on in another thread which Amber deleted because of the stupidity of the whole thing. But there's one point I made there that I want to bring up here because I think it's very legitimate.

Doesn't MFC realize that by not enforcing the rules and letting all these free penetration and cum shows go on that they're losing money that way? Think about it like this...

Guest is checking out Model A as she does a sexy naked dance, then lies back on her bed.
Guest thinks "wow, she's hot."
Model A calls for everyone to join a group show to see her cum.
Guest thinks "hoshit, I would love to see that! But I can't join the show unless I sign up."
While Model A is in group show, Guest signs up for a Basic account and then dishes out the $20 to see her next show.
Ex-Guest enjoys show so much that he continues to buy tokens and enjoy Model A (among others)
MFC and Model A profits, Ex-Guest gets his rocks off often, everyone wins.

-OR-

Guest is watching Model B do a sexy dance and get tips
Guest thinks "wow, she's hot"
Model B says "897 more tkns for cum show"
Guest watches premiums give her the tokens for the show.
Guest watches Model B deliver the show in public chat.
Guest gets his rocks off without paying for it.
Guest thinks "this is great, I can watch girls cum without paying a dime!"
MFC doesn't make any money from Guest. Model B loses potential income. Guest wins, MFC loses.

It's really that simple. Denying Guests and Basics the privilege of seeing the really good shows is the best way to get them to buy tokens. But the more they get to see for free, the less motivation they have to pay up.

It is in the best interests of MFC and all the models to increase enforcement of rules violations and issues fines and/or suspensions to models for breaking the rules. I read Amber's post last night about it taking 7 hours for her to make the tokens she used to make in 5 hours and I believe the lack of enforcement is a direct reason for that. It needs to be fixed and fixed immediately.

PS- I think most people here can guess who I meant by Model A. I mean, the A does stand for something there. The B is just any rule-breaking model, however.

AmberCutie said:
Chip ins are against the rules as well as using toys/masturbating/penetration in free chat. The ultimate issue is that no one is enforcing these rules unless MFC gets a ton of complains from people about the offenders. Doing off-site shows for tokens (skype/msn/yahoo) is also now written into their rules as a violation, but still you see girls offering it daily.

What it comes down to in the end is you do what you want to do and take the risk that if you break the rules there's the chance you'll get warned/banned.

I make paypal and moneybookers shows with clients from the past, because i was working for myself only with msn/skype before and some of my old clients came with me in MFC, because i stopped doing shows for 1$ per minute as it was before. I had pretty good days in the past, advertising myself in the "paid section" in cam4. Now i'm using one chat system to find clients who would paid with moneybookers, because they allow adult services (transactions) and i have debit card for their system connected with my online account. Too little income from MFC to the moment so the money can't pay really lot of stuff and i'm still doing it for urgent cash before some dates. :roll:
The point is that when me and my boyfriend read the rules we understood that toys and masturbation in open room are not allowed, but actually lots of girls do that and it's helping them really much to make their cam score better.

But i strongly admire girls who doesn't do forbidden things and still got brilliant earnings and regulars. :clap: It means that their creativity is on high level, so ... RESPECT :clap:

Cassana said:
Learned the hard way here.. .growls. Thank god i only had 30.00 in that. 180day ban..

That with paypal? :shock: I worked so long with their system without problem ... actually. I had different hard moments with held money and so on, but everything is o.k. for an year or so. Now i avoid their system, but actually i couldn't find better one. Even Moneybookers which is the best system for me, doesn't allow transactions between Europe and USA...

Mikeythegeek said:
Doesn't MFC realize that by not enforcing the rules and letting all these free penetration and cum shows go on that they're losing money that way? Think about it like this...

I'd say that's a a pretty accurate description of what's going on, Mikey. The ratio seems to be about 10 premiums and 1 tipper for every 100 freeloaders.

Being a newbie, I didn't even realize that public cum shows and toys were against the rules until I came across this forum.

SeeMonster said:
Mikeythegeek said:

I'd say that's a a pretty accurate description of what's going on, Mikey. The ratio seems to be about 10 premiums and 1 tipper for every 100 freeloaders.

Being a newbie, I didn't even realize that public cum shows and toys were against the rules until I came across this forum.
Cool story bro.

Mikeythegeek said:

Totally agreed. Thats why I foresee changes being made eventually.... or MFC possibly going bust. They can't handle the traffic load as it is. If they had more "Model A's" & enforced the rules, then maybe they could afford better servers etc... to prevent crashing so much!

I did send MFC a message this evening saying that I don't like that so many are freeloading off of premiums for free shows and that I thought it was not doing MFC any good to not enforce the rules. I won't go into too much detail because I'd be repeating myself from earlier in the thread if I did.

Mikeythegeek said:
I did send MFC a message this evening saying that I don't like that so many are freeloading off of premiums for free shows and that I thought it was not doing MFC any good to not enforce the rules. I won't go into too much detail because I'd be repeating myself from earlier in the thread if I did.

I hope they will "hear" you and read you right... :whistle:

Once i wrote them mail, but no answer to the moment and it was months ago. :woops:

If the free shows end, the quality of the site will be better. Just people will come with the thinking there is nothing free in this life. Once i wrote even one kind of topic like that :-D I was so pissed off of begging, that wrote in the topic: "Only the cheese in the mouse trap is free, but the mouse is paying for it with it's life".

Sorry for my bad english again. :oops:

LadyShark said:
Mikeythegeek said:

Once i wrote them mail, but no answer to the moment and it was months ago. :woops:

If the free shows end, the quality of the site will be better. Just people will come with the thinking there is nothing free in this life. Once i wrote even one kind of topic like that :-D I was so pissed off of begging, that wrote in the topic: "Only the cheese in the mouse trap is free, but the mouse is paying for it with it's life".

Quit worrying about your English, you are doing fine.

LadyShark said:
Mikeythegeek said:

Your English is better than some native speakers! Don't worry about it.

I'm not looking for an email reply from them. I'm looking for a reply from them in the form of actions. I want to see them really start cracking down on the rule breakers, no matter who they are. Hopefully, with the new admins, they'll be able to.

Could MFC lose some models because of this? Maybe. But would that be a bad thing? No way.

Mikeythegeek said:
LadyShark said:
Mikeythegeek said:

Your English is better than some native speakers! Don't worry about it.

I'm not looking for an email reply from them. I'm looking for a reply from them in the form of actions. I want to see them really start cracking down on the rule breakers, no matter who they are. Hopefully, with the new admins, they'll be able to.

Could MFC lose some models because of this? Maybe. But would that be a bad thing? No way.
A few out of the how many thousands would be missed only by a few and they would move on to the next girl. Most of the guys at mfc are only after the here and now, and most of them could not care less about actually knowing the girls that they are perving on, or care that what they say just might strike a nerve on some of them.

LadyShark said:
If the free shows end, the quality of the site will be better. Just people will come with the thinking there is nothing free in this life...

Nothing lets the air out of particularly sublime session faster than having some non-tipping d*ckhead blunder in during the afterglow and ask "Do you squirt? How about some anal BB?"

I do like the fact that the models have some freedom to control their own rooms. And in a pay-for-play situation, is it really possible to regulate the demands of the dumb, drunk, and stupid?

I guess my bottom line would be: If you're going to have rules, then enforce them. If you can't/won't, then get rid of them.

Aside from speed limits, I'm largely a rule abider myself so I find I like the idea of obeying rules. At the same time, I have mixed feelings on this subject due in part to the current state of MFC. I feel bad for some really cool models who just cannot get ANY show done without it being funded largely by one or two people and then performed in public. It really should have been dealt with sooner rather than later. At this point my gut tells me it would still be best for the entire site if they addressed the issue now rather than letting things continue but I also feel it would cause many models to have to find other employment maybe to never return to cam modeling because they just won't be able to survive the transitional period otherwise.

Mirra said:
I feel bad for some really cool models who just cannot get ANY show done without it being funded largely by one or two people and then performed in public. It really should have been dealt with sooner rather than later.

I too feel bad when I see a girl trying to get groups/privates going and then languishing when there's no interest and settling for a public show that you can see in her eyes she doesn't really want to do. I agree with you on the inherent saddness in that but I'm gonna go ahead and briefly blame the victim just for the purpose of playing devils advocate. If a girl starts on MFC with countdowns to full penetration public shows and everyone and their brother has seen the delicate inner lips of her labia it stands to reason that after a while there's just no POINT in going group or private. No mystery remains. Why would you pay per minute to see something you saw for free the week before? We can shake our fists at the tone of MFC these days but ultimately the onus is on models to carry their own shows strategically so that after a few months the attitude of the audience isn't, "*sigh* there's Amy again, with her vag out again *yawn*"

Mirra said:
At this point my gut tells me it would still be best for the entire site if they addressed the issue now rather than letting things continue but I also feel it would cause many models to have to find other employment maybe to never return to cam modeling because they just won't be able to survive the transitional period otherwise.

I get what you're saying here but I suspect no model's cam career would come to a crashing halt and necessitate that she would have to go back to working retail because she can't utilize her dueling fucking machine in public. The transition period wouldn't be that much of a shock to the system.

Rolling out a new age of MFC rule enforcement would be a fairly simple project from an organizational standpoint.

* An organizational announcement delivered on either or model admin or directly to our model email accounts outlining the new emphasis on rule abidement

* Auto-generated warnings when we log on (which they already have the capacity to do. As it stands now: once you get a "warning" a little window pops up everytime you log on for a 7 day period reminding you to behave yourself) They could do this for a period of one month, or 60 days, or whatever and it would serve as a strong psychological reminder to behave oneself

* A similar organizational announcement sent to premiums mirroring the model-directed memo

And then of course the big cincher : enforcement. And enforcement for MFC has never meant constant monitoring of every room, or "harsh" consequences for infractions so in this New Age nothing about the enforcement system would likely change (it doesn't need to actually).

Unless you're actively fellating an animal or man on cam you'll get no more than a written warning for your first infraction (in this current, and presumably in the theoretical future system) If you get more than one warning in a 7 day period you might get a fine, IF they continue to receive complaints about your conduct you might get a suspension, and then finally if you're a chronic problem child I presume they just make you disappear.

Ramble-ramble-ramble, my POINT is that a shiny New Age of MFC rule enforcement doesn't require MFC hire any new admin or design any advanced "dog fellating detection system", it just requires some organizational *organization*. From a business management perspective communicating the greater needs of the company to the employees isn't *difficult*. In this scenario, the greater need of the company is that it needs to comply with basic decency laws to remain in business, MFC could get shut down for violating internet terms of use and then we're all fuct. These "rules" that they're not enforcing aren't rules they just randomly made up,they're based in fairly universal internationally recognized decency laws.

There are a HUNDRED ways to do a sexy, profitable, popular public show without utilizing your fisting skills imho.

LovelyLemon said:
I agree with you on the inherent saddness in that but I'm gonna go ahead and briefly blame the victim just for the purpose of playing devils advocate. If a girl starts on MFC with countdowns to full penetration public shows and everyone and their brother has seen the delicate inner lips of her labia it stands to reason that after a while there's just no POINT in going group or private.
LovelyLemon said:
I get what you're saying here but I suspect no model's cam career would come to a crashing halt and necessitate that she would have to go back to working retail because she can't utilize her dueling fucking machine in public. The transition period wouldn't be that much of a shock to the system.
I believe we are referring to slightly different groups of models here. There is one in particular I am thinking of and she has tried to abide by the rules completely for quite some time and was just having more slow nights than good nights so she started doing public masturbation shows to make ends meet. No fucking machines at all. Hurray for over exaggeration? :p

That said, I full agree that communication is one of the keys to resolving a lot of MFC's issues. I mean... if they could put it to use here, imagine how awesome it would be if they COMMUNICATED about what's going on when the site is acting up. It would be amazing.

Mirra said:
LovelyLemon said:
I believe we are referring to slightly different groups of models here. There is one in particular I am thinking of and she has tried to abide by the rules completely for quite some time and was just having more slow nights than good nights so she started doing public masturbation shows to make ends meet. No fucking machines at all. Hurray for over exaggeration? :p
But what she's saying is that if it was an even playing field, with ALL rooms having to absolutely abide by rules, it would be a different scenario. Members would not have the option to go to the next room and see a public show instead of watching your friend in a group or private.

AmberCutie said:
Mirra said:
But what she's saying is that if it was an even playing field, with ALL rooms having to absolutely abide by rules, it would be a different scenario. Members would not have the option to go to the next room and see a public show instead of watching your friend in a group or private.

That is what I was trying to communicate, I think alot of girls (like the lady Mirra is mentioning and myself) are more comfortable performing within the more "traditional" sex chat system of group and private. MFC has become a bit of an anomaly among the big chat sites because of this emphasis on public shows, and that naturally leaves some models feeling pressured to fall into suit in an attempt to "compete" for an audience. If you enforced public-conduct rules the shows wouldn't change, there would still be dueling fucking machines, they'd just be utilized in group or private (although I'd probably leave mine whirring away in the back ground just for marketing lol).

(And on that note, I have ZERO problems with dueling fucking machines. When I mention that term (which I do ad nauseum these days because I just like how it feels when I type it lol) it's in no way a slander against Holly. I think the dueling fucking machine concept was a brilliant idea and I only wish I had thought of it first :))

If MFC enforced the public conduct code *tomorrow* I'd be thrown for a spin too! I regularly fellate toys in public (one of my favorite activities), I recently started showing my cookie (no spreading or stretching granted, and the lighting/angles I work with to maintain my comfort level and air of mystery leaves a great deal to the imagination, but you can tell it's a pussy, I think it qualifies under the "tasteful nudity" clause) my hitachi is my go-to public toy and I frequently have smashingly good orgasms in public. I also trade amazon gift cards for videos and have had chip-ins.

I'm an ardent and regular rule breaker but if I had to cut it all out tomorrow I could and the financial impact of that would be marginal. I'd just figure out another way. I'd do it for the children, the little wee children who are watching with their precious squishy underdeveloped minds being forever traumatized by the violence and force of my legitimate female orgasm lol, but as it stands now I'll keep-on-keepin-on with my rule breaking until admin informs me my shinanigans will no longer be tolerated. There's no point in martyring yourself on a sex chat site.

Don't you guys think that limiting the amount of time the guests and basics can watch a room would solve most of the strain on mfc servers ? MFC concentrates on the free part of myfreecams but really isnt the $20 lifetime prems free enough ?

pornsawanmfc said:
Don't you guys think that limiting the amount of time the guests and basics can watch a room would solve most of the strain on mfc servers ? MFC concentrates on the free part of myfreecams but really isnt the $20 lifetime prems free enough ?

Are guests and basics the main problem? It sounds like many people think the "$20 and no more, forever" premiums cause similar negative feelings.

I've often wondered why models don't have an option to invite people to a show that is otherwise "private", but doesn't have a per second token cost. Then you could have a semi-public show where at least you know everyone there tipped some minimum amount, in addition to whatever the total amount was to trigger the show.

I'm not a sugar daddy, but I tip every night I am on and I have rarely (if ever) watched a public show without tipping. I have no interest in group or private shows, however, because for me the thought of tokens trickling away every second ruins the ability to just relax and enjoy what I am watching.

It reminds me too much of the bad old days of internet access that cost per minute or her hour (yeah yeah, I'm that old...). What you'd do is logon, download all your email, usenet* posts, etc. then logoff. Then you'd read everything offline, write responses, and then log back in to send them. It was a far more stressful way to use the internet, and I imagine it would be the same if MFC was such that "shows" only happened in group or private.

I imagine there are a lot of people like myself who are happy to tip the models they watch, but prefer to know in advance exactly what they are spending, rather than having to watch the clock.

* usenet is what we used to use for discussion before there were web forums. Incidentally, it was 100 times better, but the web crushed it. Alas...

Keltaric said:
I have no interest in group or private shows, however, because for me the thought of tokens trickling away every second ruins the ability to just relax and enjoy what I am watching.

200 tokens doesn't get you terribly far in private but I think MFC by far has the most reasonable group rates among the big chat sites. 200 tokens is 20 minutes in group. Although you might mourn the loss of your ten tokens over the course of 60 seconds (which is understandable) it creates the opposite effect for me as a model. Knowing that I'm getting paid by the minute (as opposed to by the grace of charitable hearts attached to frantically fapping cocks, busy hands, and focused aroused brains) removes all anxiety from the performance scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.