AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Models: How long does it take you to get ready for work? Make-up, hair, prep?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

How long does it take you to do hair and make-up

• <30 minutes

Votes: 19 33.9%
  • 1 hour

Votes: 24 42.9%
  • 2 hours

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • 3 hours

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • >4 hours

Votes: 3 5.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AudriTwo

Cam Model
Jul 25, 2014
Twitter Username
@audritwo
Streamate Username
audritwo
Make up... wow! hardest job in the world! Don't tell me they have to do their hair too!

I'm gonna need everyone on the viewer side who thinks hair and makeup are easy to go ahead and show me the proof, let me see you do yours. 😂 I see this OP is already gone, but it's a common enough comment. Please. Show me how easy it is. Show me your pretty face.

----
This got me thinking. How long does it take you to get ready? Do you do "natural" or full glam? Bother with hair or take the time to lay down a wig?

I do both looks. Some days I want dramatic eye statements whereas others I'm okay with applying concealer, powder, mascara, highlight, blush, lipgloss.
Almost two hours for natural. Almost three for glam. That includes prepping my face before putting a bunch of gunk on my pores. Hair, if I need to wash it two hours total. hour for washing, drying and combing my long hair. I normally wash my hair once or twice a week because it's a process. the other hour to dry and brush it out. I don't bother curling because it takes so long for my hair to maybe hold a curl, even then it will be flat in a couple of hours.

Also I clean my office before I get on everytime which can take anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour.

:D

Last edited:
Someone voted >4 hours?! 😲

I think it's incredible that people can spend hours doing it - especially every day!

I take about 15~ mins to do my mascara and fill in my eyebrows (I have very light eyebrows, they look almost nonexistent on cam if I don'!) and put on lip balm. When I feel like it, I'll add in eyeliner - but with my differently hooded eyes and inexperience, I can end up redoing it for up to an hour 😅
I haven't figured out how to tame my frizzy hair yet, but maybe once I do, that'll add some more time on the clock.

I wear my makeup the same way off-cam. I like that it's simple and doesn't take too much time to put on or take off at the end of the day.
However, I would like to wear heavier makeup for content purposes every now and again - the change would be nice! But whenever I try, my inexperience shows, so I've considered paying for a makeup artist and then coming home to batch film my butt off. I'll probably do it someday!

Very little, maximum 20 min. I only use foundation and lipstick. It used to take me longer to make my eyebrows because I can't stand them and I'm clumsy. But I laminated / colored them and got rid of a worry. If I'm not in the mood and I'm in a lazy mood, it takes longer because I'm wasting my time watching YouTube.😅

Ps: hair also 5-10min

@AudriTwo ah, I did read your OP but thought you were at max 3 hours. But when your hair is so long, I can understand why you included that in the total number. I am just shocked at how much time it takes! Do you listen to podcasts/music/shows/etc while you put on your makeup?

the actual getting ready part (eyebrows, eyeliner, mascara, changing out of my sweats and into something cute, clearing a spot to sit on my cam room floor) takes maybe 20 minutes. The fucking around with other stuff, getting distracted checking my email, scrolling twitter on the toilet, and talking to my partner adds another half hour or so, so I'm typically online roughly 45 minutes to an hour after I start getting ready.

I used to take hours and do contouring and straighten my hair, but w my ADHD I just couldn't stand the boredom and routine of it anymore. It was driving me seriously nuts. When I was pregnant, I literally cried my way through it, because it was so boring, monotonous, and mentally painful. No more of that.

I dont have makeup and hair is like 2 mins (that's if I dont just decide it's fine as it is which is most of the time) but it still takes me like an hour maybe 1.5 to get online between deciding to log in and acctually doing it. If I am really not in the mood it can end up taking me all day because I'll let myself get distracted by literally anything else, and decide I need to have some kind of idea of what I am going to do that day. I think my record was like 15 mins, but that's pretty rare.

Makeup usually takes me between 30 minutes to an hour, depending on the look I’m going for. I do a full face. Foundation, powder to set it, contouring (I only do my cheekbones), eyebrows, eye shadow, eyeliner, mascara and lipstick. If I’m rushing I can usually get it done within about 20 minutes, but I usually listen to music to hype me up for filming, which kind of distracts me and makes me take a little longer. I normally don’t do anything to my hair aside from just brushing it. The most tedious part of setting up to film is picking out the right outfit and setting up my camera and lighting and making my filming space presentable.

However, when I film it’s usually for an entire day, so I usually end up having to touch up my makeup or change lipstick colors between videos, pick different outfits, set up my camera and lights in different areas of the house since I don’t like having all my videos in the same area. That eats up a lot of time as well.

Unless I'm trying a new look or going full full glam, about 20mins for makeup. My natural curly hair takes 0mins but if I straighten it, up to 30mins... Setting up the room with lighting, tidiness, deciding on an outfit and other general faffing easily takes just as long as getting my face ready 😅

I’m pretty sure Snapcam filters work w obs. However I want whatever filter Madonna is using lol. I think w some filters like Facetune you can add makeup ( inside the filter) but I’m not sure if it’s even possible to then stream w an iPhone using Facetune . It might be a way other people like me could use to cut down on all of that. I do know that when I use Facetune on my phone it does seem to distort audio slightly. But my phone also has a lot of damage from my kids throwing it.

For content beautybox seems to do a decent job. But messing around with filters then adds to prep time too, however I find it more fun . I’m new to all that, so there may be drawbacks to using them that I haven’t discovered yet too. They are a fun thing to experiment though . There’s one in snapcam that sits an octopus on your head. It’s hilarious!

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure Snapcam filters work w obs. However I want whatever filter Madonna is using lol. I think w some filters like Facetune you can add your own makeup but I’m not sure if it’s even possible to then stream w an iPhone using Facetune . It might be a way other people like me could use to cut down on all of that. I do know that when I use Facetune on my phone it does seem to distort audio slightly.
That sounds like the dream except I'm convinced it would only work when you're facing the camera front-on and close enough. Wouldn't want to be bending round at weird angles doing my thing and the mask glitches on and off revealing my make-up-less face haha

That sounds like the dream except I'm convinced it would only work when you're facing the camera front-on and close enough. Wouldn't want to be bending round at weird angles doing my thing and the mask glitches on and off revealing my make-up-less face haha
I think you are right about that. I have been experimenting with it live and it was slight, not too bad, w snap cam. Facetune was a bit more dramatic if I moved away lol Like my lipstick completely disappeared hehe

2 hours

1 weak up and prepare coffe with a bitchy face full of pillow lines :hilarious: for 20 minutes

2, checking my farming game and colect and plant the veggis, meanwhile my bitchy face start to tighen up and pillow lines disapear :hilarious: 20 minutes

in this part i always sit on the toilet sending some verbal fuck you bitch and kiss my ass to the phone while reading my messages without answering to not put myself in a shitter mood

3 start to make up and set up my wig and clothes 20 minutes

4 start my music and the exercise in the mirror about how sexy beautiful and great i am , and of course horny too and practice my cam face and mood around 20 minutes

5 go open the sites and read my messages 20 minutes

6 set up the camera and lights and everything and eventually send the pics to those who paid 20 minutes

I'm usually under 30 min. I don't include washing hair because I have two rows of 20" weave in (my hair is pretty fine and doesn't look good long without a little extra umph) and only wash it all once or twice a week and not specifically for camming. I usually curl it in the morning for errands and just touch it up for camming. Same with makeup- rarely do it just for camming so touch ups. I can do a full face without complex eye shadow/winged liner in under 20 min and add 5ish for more complicated makeup. If I'm making content I might be closer to 45 since I try to have fresh face of makeup for that and I actually try a bit more.

With ADHD I've found I have to be fast and listen to certain music or I can take hours getting ready with all the distractions.

It varies. If I'm just slapping something on my face in a hurry so I don't look dead under my lights, it takes 15-20 minutes to do concealer, powder, blush, eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick. If I'm doing full glam, it can take 1-2 hours, because sometimes I underpaint my contour, highlight, and blush, then go over it again with powder after doing my base. I'm essentially doing drag, so it's a production.

My hair is actually the quick part, it takes maybe 5 minutes. I wash it once a week or so, but usually before bed. For cam, I flip my hair upside down, give it a quick spritz of water mixed with conditioner to refresh my curls, scrunch it to shape the curls, then throw it in a claw clip or a high pony, so it's out of my way but my curls still tumble around my face a bit and look cute.

Morning time, it takes me 90 mins just to wake up, check some emails and my main sites etc, and then get myself into a sexual state of mind

If i do an afternoon or night show, men I just throw the cam on lol

Reactions: Diana_Devil
Usually about an hour getting myself ready.

Unless I decide to get distracted.

Id say setting up and getting ready overall about 2 hours as I'll look at myself on OBS and think.....Nope.... let's try again. Till I feel comfortable and pretty enough to go! :joyful:

Reactions: Diana_Devil
Reading this I feel that I need to start making more effort. Currently my routine is rolling out of bed and into cam, takes no time at all.

Who knows, maybe I would actually make more money too if I went with a different look than the actual "I REALLY woke up like this." - style

🙈🙈🙈

Gosh, it takes me forever to get ready, especially if I shower right before my show! My showers are a minimum an hour if not longer, and then I have a huge make up routine, I definitely do full glam! Except eyelashes lately but only because I'm not sure how but after doing it for a while I forgot how to put them on and that was kind if devastating lol oof. And then what also takes me so long us just setup, I check my whiteboard confrim my tip menu is accurate, confirm my mfcshare tip menu is accurate I keep readjusting the room and the lighting, I do an audio/video check with a friend. I've also been so consistent and my friend who has been camming with me told me to maybe.. relax and not try so hard! I also used to set up so many games... that hardly anyone interacted with. It was a little disappointing and made burnout feel heavier at times. I think there's a balance we all have to find, its so hard to maintain with a vanilla job on top of it too.

Somewhere between zero minutes to all day. Usually, though, my makeup takes about 5-10 minutes, if I'm not feeling fancy. I'm rarely feeling fancy these days.

That's not counting hair or skincare, which are both things I'd be doing even if I wasn't working that day, and that mostly consist of a lot of waiting--15 minutes between skincare products, 4 hours for my hair to fully dry, etc.

I'm curious, if you worked a regular office job ... how much time getting ready would you take? Make up, hair, outfit, preparation (maybe not lights etc but maybe you'd have to make your lunch to pack)

I'm curious if "girls just take the to get ready" or if this job specifically takes longer to get ready for.

I think ny get ready time for hair and make up would be about the same. The main difference would be I might skip shaving.

For a normal stream, it usually takes about 20-30 minutes. On the other hand, it can take hours to create the perfect makeup if I'm planning something special or for a OF photo.
Sometimes I can't find clothes in my wardrobe, or I know this top would go perfectly with the stockings I saw in the mall. So I get up to pick them up, and that can also take a few hours.

I'm curious, if you worked a regular office job ... how much time getting ready would you take? Make up, hair, outfit, preparation (maybe not lights etc but maybe you'd have to make your lunch to pack)

I'm curious if "girls just take the to get ready" or if this job specifically takes longer to get ready for.

I think ny get ready time for hair and make up would be about the same. The main difference would be I might skip shaving.
Actually, since my office job is not customer facing I can tell you it takes me like 15 mins to get ready because.. I'm absolutely too tired to care, I don't wear makeup for that job and I'm expected to dress a certain way so I don't decide my own outfit really just.. the same thing everyday. For me it's a huge difference! But I'm certaim not everyone does that and I'm interested how that goes for customer facing or people who like to do makeup for their regular jobs. Very interesting point o:

Reactions: Miss_Lollipop
Reading this I feel that I need to start making more effort. Currently my routine is rolling out of bed and into cam, takes no time at all.

Who knows, maybe I would actually make more money too if I went with a different look than the actual "I REALLY woke up like this." - style

🙈🙈🙈

A lot of men love the girl-next-door look. You don't have to feel bad about your routine if you are genuinely very happy with your look. :) I was recently publicly shamed/critiqued by a nasty model who said I need to go get some fake lashes and blah, blah, blah, which is just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. 😂 Just because one person wears fake lashes and bright-ass red lipstick and thinks that shit looks good on her...doesn't mean that everyone else needs to do the same. Do what makes you feel/look sexy...whether it takes one hour or ten minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.