AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Models Without Sound

• Thread starter Deleted member 70347
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 70347

I have recently encountered 2 models on SM without sound running with their broadcast. Anyone else seen this? Is it that difficult or expensive to set up a mic and have sound? They each responded with "Sorry honey, no sound" responses when I asked. To each their own I guess but it seems odd. One of them was bobbing to music and singing along yet you heard nothing. I like to hear my favorite model's voice.

maybe a glitch? there is a glitch that cuts audio, and they may be waiting for it to be resolved. but don't wanna have to explain that to you.

or it could be a marketing tactic, where they'll put it on in private shows idk

or perhaps they are filming from an environment where they just can't do sound today, because it's too noisy. However, they wanna see if maybe they could make some side money anyways. Some people won't care. The majority, I would think would, and from my experience have seen do want sound. However, not every model is on with the goal to be the #1 model, earning the most. Some people just use it as a little side income. And don't necessarily care if they aren't slamming busy at all times. more power to them.

Yeah, lack of sound is a deal breaker for me too. Also, every time I encounter it I end up doing the stupid waltz of refreshing the browser, exiting and re-entering the room then opening You Tube and playing a video to make sure it's not a technical problem with my setup.

• Funny!
Reactions: AussieCosplay
I know of 2 girls that don't run microphone sound in public chat, but only do it in their privates, they do however have their music running so people can hear that in public chat.. It CAN be a choice, I would take it as "it's not my thing, I'll move to someone else"

Yes, it's very strange indeed, and seems to be a deliberate choice with these two. Maybe it is, as someone above said, a situation where they can't have the noise in the room. Either way, I won't be spending my money there. Good luck to them.

Sometimes i also think to not have sound on:) Many guys come for bla bla and not tip, because " i dont want pussy ,so i wont tip" .Also with no sound u have less risk that u will go into some weird conversation which can cause ban.

I remember in the old days 'no sound' was so models could run pre-recorded shows. Now it's mainly because the model is simulcasting their stream or attempting to simulcast 1 on 1 privates where a member might be talking on other sites.

At least for me no sound is pretty much a red flag.

"Two models I visited out of thousands of possible rooms don't have sound. I should run to a model forum and ask if they're a scam!"

That's how my experienced brain read that. There are literally thousands of reasons to not have vox on and music playing instead. Try not to accuse models of being nefarious awful people just because a common aspect is not there.

"Two models I visited out of thousands of possible rooms don't have sound. I should run to a model forum and ask if they're a scam!"

That's how my experienced brain read that. There are literally thousands of reasons to not have vox on and music playing instead. Try not to accuse models of being nefarious awful people just because a common aspect is not there.
Ummm, where exactly did I accuse anyone of running a scam? All I said is that I thought it was strange. And these models deliberately don't have sound, period. Like it's not available as an option, not just because they don't want it on at that moment. Thanks for the scolding though.

• Funny!
Reactions: MarieElise
Ummm, where exactly did I accuse anyone of running a scam? All I said is that I thought it was strange. And these models deliberately don't have sound, period. Like it's not available as an option, not just because they don't want it on at that moment. Thanks for the scolding though.
You're welcome.

• Funny!
It did seem odd you thought it worthy to bring up… I thought that too, but inferred something else negative underlying it. Just an odd thing to bring up as a topic 🤷‍♀️ I inferred either a; “how dare they not run their rooms the way I like (and the way I think makes sense from my perspective as a viewer), these clueless little women” or a “ wow I want to chat but have nothing to say, let’s scrape the bottom of the barrel, for boring topics of convo, and see if anyone bites”. Sorry just being honest, not intending to scold or anything. It was a bit sus because it seems very mundane, and pretty inconsequential. So I see why vixen went there tbh.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vixxen81
Sorry you didn't deem it worthy in your minds. Enough people commented that it must have been at least somewhat interesting to them. You could just scroll on...

• Funny!
Most likely they have children that are sleeping in another room but might wake up and cry/ask for mom.

Just find another model if no sound is a dealbreaker, what do you think they’re so stupid and didn’t think of getting mic and that pretty much every webcam or lap top has it built in.

Most likely they have children that are sleeping in another room but might wake up and cry/ask for mom.

Just find another model if no sound is a dealbreaker, what do you think they’re so stupid and didn’t think of getting mic and that pretty much every webcam or lap top has it built in.
This is exactly why one of the models I visit frequently don't have it, we have it on in privates, also because it's been made very clear if anything like this happens she can leave to take care of anything needed. so you hit the nail on the head there :D

It did seem odd you thought it worthy to bring up… I thought that too, but inferred something else negative underlying it. Just an odd thing to bring up as a topic 🤷‍♀️ I inferred either a; “how dare they not run their rooms the way I like (and the way I think makes sense from my perspective as a viewer), these clueless little women” or a “ wow I want to chat but have nothing to say, let’s scrape the bottom of the barrel, for boring topics of convo, and see if anyone bites”. Sorry just being honest, not intending to scold or anything. It was a bit sus because it seems very mundane, and pretty inconsequential. So I see why vixen went there tbh.
It was the "recently encountered" that triggered me, as if we're dangerous wild animals that need to be approached with caution coupled with "do they not know how to set up a mic"...just move on and go somewhere else. No need to give it second thought, imo. Especially with the batshit insane verification procedurals we go through now.

It was the "recently encountered" that triggered me, as if we're dangerous wild animals that need to be approached with caution coupled with "do they not know how to set up a mic"...just move on and go somewhere else. No need to give it second thought, imo. Especially with the batshit insane verification procedurals we go through now.
Yeah, he clearly can't take feedback and doesn't care how he came across to us, or likely other models. Oh well, who cares. These guys that are rude like that and don't give a shit, are a dime a dozen. Nothing special or unique about that arrogance 🤷‍♀️ Although it does always perplex me why they come to a model-run forum, full of models if they don't care how models perceive them, or learning to be polite and considerate w/in a context w cam models lmao

Reactions: Vixxen81 and Maxi
Yeah, he clearly can't take feedback and doesn't care how he came across to us, or likely other models. Oh well, who cares. These guys that are rude like that and don't give a shit, are a dime a dozen. Nothing special or unique about that arrogance 🤷‍♀️ Although it does always perplex me why they come to a model-run forum, full of models if they don't care how models perceive them, or learning to be polite and considerate w/in a context w cam models lmao
My response would have 100% had a different tone if the post had simply posed the question, "What are some of the reasons why a model does not speak on cam?" But, no. Suspicion from the get-go backed up by others. It really irritates me more than I can express.

My response would have 100% had a different tone if the post had simply posed the question, "What are some of the reasons why a model does not speak on cam?" But, no. Suspicion from the get-go backed up by others. It really irritates me more than I can express.
To be clear, I wasn't backing anyone up that it was a scam. It would be the world's shittest scam if it was. I was just saying it's not my preference and it inevitably has me running through system checks to make sure my speakers haven't gone wonky. I understand there are reasons for not having sound and/or it's a preference.

To be clear, I wasn't backing anyone up that it was a scam. It would be the world's shittest scam if it was. I was just saying it's not my preference and it inevitably has me running through system checks to make sure my speakers haven't gone wonky. I understand there are reasons for not having sound and/or it's a preference.
To be clear I wasn't talking about you.

Personally I am not all that bothered if models have their mic on or not. Maybe I am very used to different things such as they can't for some reason (kids in the background, or other family, etc), or because they don't see there being any point because they can't speak any or much English. I don't mind so long as the model can make up for it and type (they don't need to be someone that writes super fast, either).

Heck, I even mute a lof of the models - mostly because I know they have sound turned on but have music loud and don't talk. But this never kills the mood or anything for me, it's things I have learned, especially with specific models I visit. I think once you open up and understand more, you can enjoy a lot more women instead of limiting yourself so much, and then it makes it better for you and them.

@AmberCutie

He had a genuine question mostly out of curiosity for where the answer can be anything based on whatever their situation might be.
The usual people respond with attacks do to their own jaded online past. So they paint everyone with the same brush. It's become a recurring theme.
Such is life.

• Funny!
@AmberCutie

The usual people respond with attacks do to their own jaded online past. So they paint everyone with the same brush. It's become a recurring theme.
Such is life.
Lmao what are you even talking about? That literally makes no sense. I know you have a problem with me because I started ignoring you based on you sending me negative, passive DMs in the past. But taking that grudge and applying it to this situation is so far off base it’s ridiculous. Yet extremely predictable.

I’m sorry youre butt hurt that I stopped interacting with you and that I’m honest. I just didn’t mesh well with your negativity and passive way of communicating 🤷‍♀️ I didn’t want it in my circle. Not even personal. The passive jabs are so stupid, and irritate me. Goes against my direct at of being, didn’t have time for it.

And giving someone some honest feedback has nothing to do with anything other than the situation at hand. This honestly sounds like more crazy talk to me. I hope you can move past it and get on with your day ❤️ there comes a point to just let things go…

Last edited:
StripChat has a great feature where it displays a ‘No Audio’ tag if the room has no audio 😁

(Yes, yes, I’m a SC fanboy…)

StripChat has a great feature where it displays a ‘No Audio’ tag if the room has no audio 😁

(Yes, yes, I’m a SC fanboy…)
Do you ever visit those rooms?

Reactions: Maxi
Do you ever visit those rooms?
To be perfectly honest I only really visit one room, but I’ve definitely seen that tag in the past on the site.

Would it appeal to me..? I don’t know… music is a big part of the room I visit and I really like the music vibe there 🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.