AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

more tops, less tokens

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 20, 2023
I had it with CB and I'm just a user:

I never liked following top models, what's the problem with walking into a room, giving a model a 1000's of a chance and just getting a "hello" and a "giggle"?
let's go !
One thing I don't understand is that you put the user display mode from highest to lowest or lowest to highest
There are about 10 models at the top with let's say 5000 users, but suddenly a couple of profiles with 3 thousand or 2 thousand users are at the top.
profiles that clearly have less users than the top ones, and I'm not talking about new or promoted profiles here.
I'm talking about old profiles that somehow make it to the top without having that many users, and I could say that's pretty scandalous.
and the fact that there are a lot of models with 13 to 15 thousand users (that's this morning), which limits the other 70 CB pages to less than 100 users
but beyond that, do you see models with fewer users on top of models with more users?
I just don't understand those algorithms and they clearly don't help lower models.

Can anyone explain?

Last edited:
Si ha iniciado sesión como usuario, no se aplica estrictamente el número de usuarios que tiene una sala. Además, no cuenta a los usuarios anónimos en esto, por lo que el número que ve puede ser impar.

El ejemplo sería esta chica que tiene 1380 usuarios, pero tiene 1019 usuarios anónimos en su sala, lo que significa que en realidad solo cuentan 361 usuarios, otra tiene 771 usuarios, pero solo 279 usuarios anónimos, lo que significa que en realidad cuentan 492 usuarios... ahí está la chica con 771 está por encima de la chica con 1380
1697988739919.png1697988867535.png

Reactions: pachanga22
Upvote 0
You can't always just look at users numbers, especially with larger rooms as they tend to have a significantly higher amount of anonymous and grey users which CB doesn't factor into their rankings. Also I don't get where this idea comes from, but CB and other cam sites do not have any obligation to promote smaller models.

Upvote 0
Go ahead throw your toys out the crib, it's not going to change anything.
I Love It Reaction GIF by Magic: The Gathering

If cam sites don't bring you joy, and you're crossing the line into getting over-involved, obsessive and frustrated, then I fully support you in not visiting them anymore OP. Do something else for yourself. There are no shortage of men online to talk to 🤷‍♀️ I think we shall all survive. Or stay on cam sites, but boycott busier rooms. I'm fairly sure that would probably work out just fine for everyone.

Upvote 0
Hnm yeah I don't understand why cities don't forcibly spread traffic through their streets either. It's not at all fair that the shops in the mainstreet get more random passerbys than a shop on the outskirts of town 🤔

On a serious note: as a random viewer.. just assume that the models who rank high have a good (varying) reason for doing so and lower ranking models have good (varying) reasons why they don't (you can debate wether or not those reasons are "fair" or whatever, but it's a pretty irrelevant discussion IMO) The nice thing about a set algorithm is that once you know what works you can use that knowledge to your advantage. Is it easy to work up from lower visability? Usually no, but it's not impossible.

Just like a random store in a random (non busy) street can figure out ways to increase their traffic.. 😉 Or they don't and flop. That's business.

Upvote 0
Sure, purchase a supporter account. $20 a month. It's the upgrade option on your profile.

I Love It Reaction GIF by Magic: The Gathering

If cam sites don't bring you joy, and you're crossing the line into getting over-involved, obsessive and frustrated, then I fully support you in not visiting them anymore OP. Do something else for yourself. There are no shortage of men online to talk to 🤷‍♀️ I think we shall all survive. Or stay on cam sites, but boycott busier rooms. I'm fairly sure that would probably work out just fine for everyone.

i guess some users just like to throw big money on models just to show how big shots they are.

dont worry for me, the models that i visit bring me a lot of joy, and no, im not frustrated , i just wonder why 7% of the models have more users thatn the other 93%

Upvote 0
i guess some users just like to throw big money on models just to show how big shots they are.

dont worry for me, the models that i visit bring me a lot of joy, and no, im not frustrated , i just wonder why 7% of the models have more users thatn the other 93%
Of course they do. It's called fun money for a reason. As to the second question some people never move off the front page. I mean these rooms are on top for a reason...because they sell their craft well.

Reactions: MarieElise
Upvote 0
, im not frustrated , i just wonder why 7% of the models have more users thatn the other 93%

Hnm yeah I don't understand why cities don't forcibly spread traffic through their streets either. It's not at all fair that the shops in the mainstreet get more random passerbys than a shop on the outskirts of town ... Just like a random store in a random (non busy) street can figure out ways to increase their traffic.. 😉 Or they don't and flop. That's business.
Already answered; it's called business. You just don't like it 🤷‍♀️ Oh well.

Upvote 0
I had it with CB and I'm just a user:

I never liked following top models, what's the problem with walking into a room, giving a model a 1000's of a chance and just getting a "hello" and a "giggle"?
let's go !
One thing I don't understand is that you put the user display mode from highest to lowest or lowest to highest
There are about 10 models at the top with let's say 5000 users, but suddenly a couple of profiles with 3 thousand or 2 thousand users are at the top.
profiles that clearly have less users than the top ones, and I'm not talking about new or promoted profiles here.
I'm talking about old profiles that somehow make it to the top without having that many users, and I could say that's pretty scandalous.
and the fact that there are a lot of models with 13 to 15 thousand users (that's this morning), which limits the other 70 CB pages to less than 100 users
but beyond that, do you see models with fewer users on top of models with more users?
I just don't understand those algorithms and they clearly don't help lower models.

Can anyone explain?
YOU think it's frustrating - try being the model.... LOL...

Forget the algorithm and the scores and the numbers. I have hidden all rating systems from my profile and I don't look at them either. Not the camscore. Not the Share Rank. Not the stars. It's just numbers, and I NEVER let it make me feel like it's a reflection of the quality of work I put out when I know i'm doing the very best I can. I very quickly learned that I AM NOT MY CAMSCORE and my camscore doesn't determine the quality of my shows or the quality of my audience.

The top models are there because most of them have been at this a very long time, have found their niche, and have become very good at marketing themselves, and all of that takes time and experience to cultivate. None of this happens overnight for anyone, and if it does, trust me, it won't last. Because unless you've worked at building and retaining an audience over time, you won't know what to do when you have thousands of people in your room and you did very little to get them there organically.

At the end of the day, all the algorithms and all the bots in the world can't help a model if she herself can't keep that spot on her own.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.