AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

movies you have uncontrollably sobbed through

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SweepTheLeg said:
your place or mine?
Sorry I uh... have to work and then wash my hair.

I completely lost it on this scene...I sobbed uncontrollably for the rest of the movie.

iHUFK.gif

Seriously, these days I cry all the time. Especially if someone else is crying.

The Help
Titanic
A Walk to Remember
Seven Pounds
My Sister's Keeper
A Little Princess
Monster
The Bridges of Madison County (the scene in the truck with her husband, her hand on the door-I sob uncontrollably.)

These are the ones off the top of my head, but there are more. Way more.

Old Yeller and Where the Red Fern Grows. I like dogs a lot more than I like people. First time I saw 'Where The Red Fern Grows' was at my friends 7th birthday party, probably the most depressing birthday party I've ever been to, room full of boys fucking bawling our eyes out.

These are not movies but I cried during the episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer called 'the Body' and the episode of Fresh Prince of Bel Air where Will Smiths Dad comes back... :crybaby:

AllisonWilder said:
Seriously, these days I cry all the time. Especially if someone else is crying.

My Sister's Keeper

Damn, I took my 12 year old cousin to see this one in the movie theatres. I had no idea what it was supposed to be about but it really hit home. I cried like a baby.. :cool:

I was thinking the very same thing, about Fresh Prince- That final scene killed me, it's even worse when you can hear a lady in the audience crying too.

Oh God, speaking of TV shows!

My cousin and I have been huge Scrubs fans for years, and we watched the Season 8 finale together when it aired here for the first time.
We were prepared for it be to be emotional, but not like this. We were completely caught off guard and pretty much fell into in each other's arms crying like babies during this scene because it was so beautifully done. Shh, season 9 never existed. The season 8 finale should have been the series finale. :geek:

geekgirldythia said:
Shh, season 9 never existed. The season 8 finale should have been the series finale. :geek:
There technically were only 8 seasons... the 9th was named completely different. So let's all just pretend that it ended completely at 8. :)

Changeling :crybaby:

I think tv shows hit me more emotionally than movies, maybe it's because I become more attached to them over time and experienced more where as in a movie I do need those perfect scenes of dialogue, acting, soundtrack where as in tv shows I can go back to so many prior memories that the scene can hit me. The first one that ever hit me was the Roseanne finale, John Goodman has always been one of my favorite actors and the twist at the end of what the final season was building towards just caught me off guard.

A bit of information for those who may have not had the luxury of seeing Quantum Leap, Al was a POW in Vietnam who's wife was lead believe after so many years that he had died so she had remarried before he was able to return. So in this scene, it was his last chance to see her while she still belonged to him. There is more to this story, but you'd just have to watch the show.

One of my favorite scenes from one of my favorite sit coms growing up where Nicki end's her engagement to Drew. Very carefully and beautifully crafted, I often feel that comedies can be far more dramatic than actual dramas.

SweepTheLeg said:
The first one that ever hit me was the Roseanne finale, John Goodman has always been one of my favorite actors and the twist at the end of what the final season was building towards just caught me off guard.

Yeah, John Goodman (a.k.a. Dan Conner) is awesome, and I've spent many nights on the couch watching episodes of Roseanne when I knew I SHOULD have been A) sleeping or B) working online...lol.

I need to watch more shows/movies featuring John Goodman. I think The Flinstones is the only other thing I've seen featuring him, and that was years ago at a drive-in theater during a very bad storm.

Big Lebowski, Raising Arizona, Everybody's All American he stole every scene he was in. Those three come into mind every time. Oh and also The Babe, I thought he did an incredible job in his portrayal of Babe Ruth.

Reactions: 1 person
I love John Goodman - I cried so hard at the end of Roseanne. Still cry if I watch that one. Besides the movies you listed I also like him in Coyote Ugly - his voice in Monsters Inc - and most recently the TV show Community.

Loved him in Monster's Inc, and anyone that knows me knows I am so far up Community's ass I could tell you what Abed had for breakfast.

Edward Scissorhands has made me cry more than all movies put together. I've seen it over 40 times (yeah, yeah) and I still tear up for the second half of the movie.

Also, the Doctor Who Christmas Special "A Christmas Carol" had me bawling. By far the best version of A Christmas Carol ever. So beautiful.

The last episode of DS9 was so heartbreaking. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. After everything that the characters went through, and the most intense was saved for the end and forever. Ugh. DS9 is the most beautiful and tragic tale ever told imo.

I believe my first experience with Death was with Morph on the Animated X-men series before I was the age of 10, and watching how every one of the x-men especially Wolverine and Cyclops showed different ways of handling grief. It really hit me, but I loved it, mostly because I enjoyed being treated like an adult instead of just being sheltered where nothing bad ever happens to good people.

AmberCutie said:
geekgirldythia said:
Shh, season 9 never existed. The season 8 finale should have been the series finale. :geek:
There technically were only 8 seasons... the 9th was named completely different.

No... Unfortunately, S 9 was a full-fledged season of Scrubs, even though it says "Scrubs: Med School" in the opening credits. :( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrubs_%28season_9%29

But I read quite a few times that Bill Lawrence, the creator, originally wanted to make a spin-off of the show after season 8, rather than another season. ABC didn't let him, they insisted on marketing season 9 as the next season.
It would have been a great idea to make a spin-off (or nothing...) with the new characters, people would not have had the same high expectations as before.

LilyMarie said:
AmberCutie said:
geekgirldythia said:
There technically were only 8 seasons... the 9th was named completely different.

No... Unfortunately, S 9 was a full-fledged season of Scrubs, even though it says "Scrubs: Med School" in the opening credits. :( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrubs_%28season_9%29

But I read quite a few times that Bill Lawrence, the creator, originally wanted to make a spin-off of the show after season 8, rather than another season. ABC didn't let him, they insisted on marketing season 9 as the next season.
It would have been a great idea to make a spin-off (or nothing...) with the new characters, people would not have had the same high expectations as before.
Woman! Why you argue!? (This is the reality that I'm trying to live, lol, I know I wasn't accurate, but that's how I make myself feel better about the atrocity that was season 9.)

Reactions: LilyMarie
Another excellent movie for many reasons that can bring the emotions out for me- Stranger than Fiction. I don't know how well known this movie is, but it is one of my favorites. Trailer presents itself as a comedy, but it is just as dramatic.

i never knew this emotion up to a few years ago..
now alot of movies makes me cry.. but this are a few that made me super emotional...

* The green mile
* Unleased
* The butterfly effect
* pretty much every movie thats about an animal

Status
Not open for further replies.