AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Multi-perving

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenHedonist

V.I.P. AmberLander
Oct 13, 2011
Eastside Shambhala
Twitter Username
@ZenHedonist
This came up on Twitter today...
Who uses the pop-ups to view several models at the same time? How do you keep track of everything? Do you interact in each room or do you just lurk?

Models: Does it matter to you if a member is multi-perving? Would you prefer to know like "hey, if I'm quiet I just have a lot of pop-up chatrooms open"? Or not?

Lounges. If I'm in multiple rooms at the same time I generally don't chat, so lounges are the way to go. If I am chatting it will generally only be one room, the others will then still be lounging. Three at a time if I'm signed in for each tab with mfc I have open. But you can also not be signed in and have as many popped up as you want of course. Just guest in the rooms at that point, so lounges aren't needed. I don't prefer the non-logged in method because then I don't have my settings and friends list working.

I tried it before, but decided against it - I feel it's kinda disrespectful to the models if I am spreading my focus around and they are not aware that I'm doing it (sure, I still get interrupted randomly when in a single room, but those situations are more rare and usually due to people who don't know I'm on MFC, such as family sending me messages on skype). And even if they are aware, it puts them on a difficult situation - if they ask you something, they never know if you are paying attention, just decided to not answer at all or fell asleep (it can happen)

As a member I will only open multiple popups in guest mode, and that's usually only if I am watching drama unfold or something. For example: the last couple hours of a month during a heated/controversial Miss MFC battle. If I am logged into either of my premium accounts and am in a girl's room, I focus on her. If I am logged in and not in a girl's room, I am in lounge or a member room. Sometimes from those I will open a popup for a specific girl's room if I plan to chat or tip, then close it when I'm done and go back to the lounge/member room.

As a model, I don't want to know if my members are multi-perving. I mean, I'd prefer they didn't, because I like to have the room's whole attention in order to have a more fun and interactive chat. But if they're doing it, I hope they don't tell me. It's only going to mess with my mojo while I am trying to focus on being peppy and sweet to everyone.

There were times I'd be watching 4 rooms at once, usually JaceyMarie, SexyKymberly, AmberCutie and a rotating fourth. This was back when groups and privates were far more common, though, so it usually ended up being only two or three live cams at a time. Typically one would be in their room normally, and the others would be PM windows with the chat closed.

Why did I do it? As I said, back then models would be in and out a lot, so it prevented a lot of down time or room hopping. There were fewer public shows with large countdowns as well, so being a lurker felt less like being a loser freeloader.

Now, unless I can contribute in other ways, I feel like a drag on rooms, so multiperving (I like that term) is rare for me. I'll do it when just Kym and AngelaWhite are on, because Kym might ask me something and Angela is often in private. I feel more useful than obstructive. But in a room like Amber's or any of the other girls I like, I have nothing financially or intellectually to contribute in exchange for whatever public goal is being attempted, so my feelings of guilt and inadequacy override more carnal desires.

Which leads to the funny moment of seeing a public show starting and loading up an archive/video I purchased of that model instead of watching the live show.

I've done it. But I tend to prefer rooms with active conversations, so it doesn't work out very well.

I do tend to use popups rather than the main MFC window, though. I find the interface less cluttered and more usable.

Thank the gods, my bandwidth is so low that it precludes multi-rooming. On the very few times I even attempted it, it just seemed to be annoyingly busy.

I watch multiple cams when stuff is going on in both rooms, so I don't want to miss out on either. Main room is up on the browser tap, and the popup window is covering most of the main room's chat.

Does that even happen? I've never paid much attention to the top models.

Anyway, no, I don't multi-room.
Yes.

I imagine this month will be a hot one, if the #1 and #2 girls remain within close token amounts of each other. It's a sort of rivalry. Not a friendly one.

Reactions: shylurkerdude
I'll have 2-3 rooms open at a time sometimes. I'll chat in all the rooms I'm in. If the models I visit were on more often, I wouldn't do the multi-tasking, but since they are not on all that much I try to be in all rooms.

My first few months of MFC (after I got the hang of it), I would find myself "multi-perving" quite a bit. There would be a few of my favorite models on at the same time and I thought it would be more efficient to have multiple windows open. MFC was still pretty new and exciting to me, so I think I was in perving "overdrive" or something. Also, I was less secure with how to handle some models so if a model pm'ed me while I was in another room, I would join her room while still in the other room because I was too scared of possible conflict. I would chat and tip in all of the rooms I was in, which can get a bit tricky. Even with multiple browsers and monitors, I lost track of what screen I was on.

There was one time where I royally screwed up. I recall one time I tipped for a menu item for one model I was watching, however it was tipped in the WRONG room. I was absolutely mortified, but I am glad the "wrong room" model played it cool and didn't make a fuss over it.

Nowadays, I limit the multi-room perving. If I do it, it's usually when the room I am in wants to tip raid another model. Also, there may be times when another "favorite" model logs on and I just do a "drive-by" tip just to let them know I still support them and then get back to my main room. I have also cut down the number of models I frequent and the ones I frequent are very cool about letting me do my thing (provided that I still treat them with respect, of course). In fact, the "wrong room" model is the one I frequent and contribute the most to.

Reactions: ZenHedonist
I never watch multiple models at once. Whether i'm in a models room or in the lounge, I prefer to keep my attention focused on one model at a time. Another reason is that pretty much every camgirl plays music while online, so watching more than one model at once would be an audio clusterfuck.

I've only done it a couple times. One of my favorite models is kind of needy I guess would be the term, and PMs me when she gets on. Used to be if I was in a other room, I would open another window and hang out in both, but it's hard to be involved in both conversations that way and I try to avoid doing it.

from time to time, and basically lurk.
iffin ya see me viewing your cam from Pm window, I be multi perving from lounge. sorry :sorry: no convo's to keep track of except that which is in the lounge

iffin ya see me viewing your cam from Pm window, I be multi perving from lounge. sorry :sorry:

If you're in the lounge watching a models room, it doesn't show up as from a PM window for her. It shows up as nothing. She has no clue you are watching her.

If I have more than one close model friend on at the same time then yes, I will be in both of their rooms. I find it easy to converse in 2 rooms at the same time.

Models: Does it matter to you if a member is multi-perving? Would you prefer to know like "hey, if I'm quiet I just have a lot of pop-up chatrooms open"? Or not?

It would annoy me if he's camped out in my room for a while never chatting or tipping. Besides that, no...I wouldn't mind as long as he doesn't make a point of announcing aloud that he's in so and so's room too.

I tend to watch with pop up window. and open more then one model. Because more than one model i like to watch is on. I see no difference here, a model talks to many members , does many websites.. i can do the same??? ))))

but , ofc this is very hard , Try having more than one model watching your camera.. fuck.. very hard.
after doing this one afternoon..years ago... I found much respect for people doing this webcam job.

Following three conversations is about my limit, but it is not pleasant or smooth, so multi-perving is not something I enjoy. I don't really lurk, other than as a guest when I just want to explore rooms without distraction.
Generally if I am with someone, and activity elsewhere catches my attention ... I will say bye or promise a return later before exploring that activity.

On keeping up with everything, say with 2 models sharing a feed and in multiple rooms. I use the search feature to keep both rooms and their menu as my only focus, then you can switch as you please, be in both, hide in a pm window for one etc. I find it better to actually switch from one room to the other rather than to be in both, the model can then maintain focus on her own room and those wanting direct interaction with her.

One other trick is to use the 'rooms visited' sidebar to keep track of rooms you have taken an interest in. When guesting, you can do friends to keep track of their rooms while you anonymously explore.

Reactions: ZenHedonist
Status
Not open for further replies.