AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Multiple snapchat (and other social media) accounts on the same device. Or is a second phone the best option?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NaomiNyx

Cam Model
Apr 9, 2019
Over the garden wall
Chaturbate Username
NaomiNyx
Hey lovelies. Looking for advice on having multiple social media accounts on one phone, and it being easy to swap in between them. This is little to no issue with instagram and twitter, as you can flip between accounts easily within the app without having to log back in, but its a hassle with snapchat. I've looked into cloning apps but none of them work and I don't want to jailbreak my phone. Any suggestions for cloning apps that do work? I suppose I can just sign in and out every time, but the less steps the better.

Weighing the benefit of having a second phone for cam related stuff. It might be nice not just for the ease of having all my accounts logged in, but also for not getting distracted with notifications when doing offline work. And for having all location setting shut off on the phone for extra security, whereas I have them turned on with my personal phone.

Hey lovelies. Looking for advice on having multiple social media accounts on one phone, and it being easy to swap in between them. This is little to no issue with instagram and twitter, as you can flip between accounts easily within the app without having to log back in, but its a hassle with snapchat. I've looked into cloning apps but none of them work and I don't want to jailbreak my phone. Any suggestions for cloning apps that do work? I suppose I can just sign in and out every time, but the less steps the better.

Weighing the benefit of having a second phone for cam related stuff. It might be nice not just for the ease of having all my accounts logged in, but also for not getting distracted with notifications when doing offline work. And for having all location setting shut off on the phone for extra security, whereas I have them turned on with my personal phone.

What kind of phone do you have? "Jailbreak" makes me assume iPhone, but if not (or for anyone else reading), this has been the solution for me:

On many Android devices you're able to add multiple profiles. When I'm in work mode, I switch to my "Lintilla" profile, and all of my apps are there and logged in to the correct account. When I'm done, I switch back to my personal profile, my personal accounts are ready to go immediately, and I don't worry about any work-related notifications because I won't see them anymore.

It varies by which version you have, but these are basic instructions to set it up: https://www.howtogeek.com/333484/how-to-set-up-multiple-user-profiles-on-android/

• Helpful!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
I don't have a personal snapchat, so switching accounts isn't a concern for me. However, I do have a "snapchat phone". When I got a new phone this summer, my old phone wasn't worth much as a trade-in, so I kept it. Turns out it has a MUCH better camera and takes snaps that don't look like they were filmed on a potato, so I use it for pictures/snap.

There's been a few threads about the dangers of linking multiple accounts with the same phone number. You're better off having two phones. One for personal and one for work.

Instagram in particular is not one you ever want to use on a personal device.

Not only will it suggest all of your accounts to your followers on all of your accounts but it seems to occasionally magically link to Facebook even if you've never given it permission to.

Always, always, always use a seperate device for Instagram. Don't use Facebook at all for sex work. I've seen all accounts using an ip address get deleted because one account broke the rules.

I use an app called Freetone that gives you another phone number on your phone, so you can sign up for a separate SnapChat using the other number. It IS a pain to keep logging in and out of personal and work accounts, but whatever.

so you can sign up for a separate SnapChat using the other number.
Just to note: you don't need to enter a phone number to sign up for snapchat. It's probably best that you don't.

On security first principles, I would never suggest that a model allow any part of her professional webcam life to mix together on a single device with any part of her personal life. Completely isolating the two activities is the safest solution.

While it is true that Android offers a way to separate profiles, you are trusting Android to have perfect separation of every credential within a given profile. If you are on a phone, you already have a shared credential - in the form of the phone number - that could be used to link the two worlds, and once they are linked you can quickly lose control on who has that information and how widely it is disseminated. As one example of how that can work, few people realize that browsers have access to so many pieces of information about your computer's configuration (e.g., resolution, bitmap depth, exact browser versions, browser window size, etc) that the combination of these elements statistically isolates you and allows a foreign website to uniquely identify you even without storing a cookie on your computer. Google "browser fingerprint" and go to the third party websites that will calculate your current browser fingerprint. It would be typical for many users to present a fingerprint that is completely unique among millions of computers. A website that has fingerprinted you knows that you are there before you even sign in. Presenting the same website the same fingerprint from two different Android profiles lets that website surmise you are the same person with two different profiles, and ethically-challenged websites like Facebook have no qualms about completely messing up your life by presenting your new "secret" profiles to all your contacts from a different profile.

Here's what I would do:

1) Get a separate Android tablet just for your webcam accounts. Here is a fantastic deal on Amazon for a Samsung 10.1 tablet with 32GB of memory for under $200. Now that is an International tablet, so it might come to you preconfigured for Spanish or an Asian language, but changing that to English during the initial setup is part of the setup routine and not a big deal. The warranty on these will probably not be great as I am pretty sure this is grey market product. But the price for a tablet with that much screen and memory is amazing.

2) Rather than getting a separate phone account just buy a Burner VOIP number and subscribe for an entire year and auto-renew that. It's not free but is a fraction of the cost of a real phone. I trust Burner to not disclose the association between your real phone and the Burner account, and you can install Burner app on the new tablet so you can interact with that VOIP number in total isolation on the webcam tablet.

3) Get a separate e-mail account - Protonmail is fantastic because of the security making it impossible for Protonmail to read your e-mail - and use that e-mail only on the new tablet.

4) Use a VPN on the webcam device, so you are not leaking a real IP address that might fingerprint you.

5) With the above things done, set up brand new social media accounts on the tablet for your webcam work. Link those to your new e-mail(s) and your new phone(s), and *never* cross link them to anything on your device that has your personal accounts.

The real advantage to the above is that once you implement this strict separation, you can be a little more lazy about cross leakage within a given device, since the webcam device will not have any way to link to your personal accounts.

I think for a webcam member, none of the above is mandatory. But for a webcam model where there is constant risk of blackmail and being outed to family, I think you have to bite the bullet and make the investment in keeping things separated.

Thank you for the incredibly detailed response. I knew vaguely of browser fingerprints but didn't know what components made it work. Seems like a small price to pay initially to enhance security for time to come.

Would you be able to put the Burner app on a personal phone? Or would you only recommend it on the separate device?

Thank you for the incredibly detailed response. I knew vaguely of browser fingerprints but didn't know what components made it work. Seems like a small price to pay initially to enhance security for time to come.

Would you be able to put the Burner app on a personal phone? Or would you only recommend it on the separate device?

My understanding is that Burner *requires* you to have a personal phone number, and the Burner VOIP phone numbers are secretly attached to that. But that is private information between you and Burner, and unless they are hacked by someone I am pretty sure they are not going to sell that information.

On your webcam tablet, you can set up an additional copy of the Burner app and use your userid/password to link to the same set of VOIP accounts. That tablet then uses TCP/IP to connect to the Burner servers and retrieve information. That appears to work pretty well. So Burner app would become the single application that you allow onto your personal telephone. You just would not use it there and instead try to interface to Burner through the webcam tablet. For that small leak of security (i.e., putting a webcam app onto your personal telephone), you save on the cost of a separate phone. I think Burner unlimited costs about $144/year, versus maybe $30/month for a regular mobile number.

Reactions: NaomiNyx
Status
Not open for further replies.