AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

My account got hacked

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 20, 2023
Please, can someone help me? Last night, I stopped broadcasting at about 4:13 AM. Woke up and looked at my Chaturbate profile to see a token stat history that wasn't me (I only perform, I don't tip to other performers). I had 3743 tokens, now I have 505. I am really anxious and this is a new situation for me. I hope someone can help me out. Thank you in advance.

Please, can someone help me? Last night, I stopped broadcasting at about 4:13 AM. Woke up and looked at my Chaturbate profile to see a token stat history that wasn't me (I only perform, I don't tip to other performers). I had 3743 tokens, now I have 505. I am really anxious and this is a new situation for me. I hope someone can help me out. Thank you in advance.
So I thought, haven't you been on Private with a model who has a set pvt limit of minutes?

Upvote 0
#1 change your cb password
#2 contact support@chaturbate.com

Upvote 0
1. They've locked my account as a security measure
2. I did already and they think my computer has been infected with malware
Keep us updated! I know this very stressful for you, have a look around the forum and contribute as much as you're comfortable doing. It may take some time to resolve the issue but until then you can find some pretty useful & funny advice on here!

Upvote 0
Keep us updated! I know this very stressful for you, have a look around the forum and contribute as much as you're comfortable doing. It may take some time to resolve the issue but until then you can find some pretty useful & funny advice on here!
Thank you so much! It means a lot to me because, as you say, it's been a very stressful situation and I could see everything in the token stats. You feel a little stupid and you learn. I am sure the issue will be resolved because I've been lurking this forum and so far, only heard good things.

Upvote 0
Thank you so much! It means a lot to me because, as you say, it's been a very stressful situation and I could see everything in the token stats. You feel a little stupid and you learn. I am sure the issue will be resolved because I've been lurking this forum and so far, only heard good things.
You're welcome! They've everything on record so it should be pretty easy to verify/clear up. If I may offer a piece of advice to you. I created a protonmail.com email address for my Chaturbate account that I have never shared with anyone or use on another site with a pretty difficult password to guess. If they don't have your email address information (hackers) they're going to have a much more difficult time accessing your account (nothing is 100% safe). If you have a situation where you allow customers to send you emails for customs, create a new email address for that and give that out and only that email address out. :)

Protonmail is free & encrypted.

Upvote 0
But do you have 2 step verification set?

Upvote 0
You're welcome! They've everything on record so it should be pretty easy to verify/clear up. If I may offer a piece of advice to you. I created a protonmail.com email address for my Chaturbate account that I have never shared with anyone or use on another site with a pretty difficult password to guess. If they don't have your email address information (hackers) they're going to have a much more difficult time accessing your account (nothing is 100% safe). If you have a situation where you allow customers to send you emails for customs, create a new email address for that and give that out and only that email address out. :)

Protonmail is free & encrypted.
You are absolutely right, great advice! Thank you! I will do that as soon as I get my account and my money back.

Reactions: Vixxen81
Upvote 0
Just in case: my username is shirtless_dj
Just wanna say that May is month of hacking. 2 years ago at 16 th may some people stole my money from cosmopayment account. I had 600$ and wanted do withdraw and i saw 0 $. Support checked and it was maaaaany weird transactions. Everything was resolved, i made dispute declarations and after 2 months i got money back with chargeback procedure. Also somebody was trying login to my twitter but without success, so in may we must be careful :D

Reactions: Shirtless_Dj
Upvote 0
Well, thank you for giving me hope because you got your money back! Especially because the amount I lost is less than a half of that! I just checked and removed 6 trojans from my computer and now doing my best to keep up with every security recommendation. I don't visit any shady pages so I guess I got all this via email. Stay safe everyone.

Upvote 0
Well, in the end it all worked out. I want to thank the amazing support team, they are truly professionals. I don't know what would have happened if I didn't have such a dedicated team to help me. I think things would have been very very different.

They also offered me great advice security-wise, some of it I have implemented already: 2-step, way stronger password, new email... and I will keep working on my security side of things.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to the chaturbate support team and also to everyone on here for their advice and good wishes.

• Hugs
Reactions: Vixxen81
Upvote 0
Well, in the end it all worked out. I want to thank the amazing support team, they are truly professionals. I don't know what would have happened if I didn't have such a dedicated team to help me. I think things would have been very very different.

They also offered me great advice security-wise, some of it I have implemented already: 2-step, way stronger password, new email... and I will keep working on my security side of things.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to the chaturbate support team and also to everyone on here for their advice and good wishes.
Fantastic!!!

Upvote 0
Well, thank you for giving me hope because you got your money back! Especially because the amount I lost is less than a half of that! I just checked and removed 6 trojans from my computer and now doing my best to keep up with every security recommendation. I don't visit any shady pages so I guess I got all this via email. Stay safe everyone.
I would recommend doing a clean install of your operating system. There's no guarantee that the antivirus actually picked up the virus that gave them access to your system, sometimes its over a year or more before the virus is reported to the anti virus companies and gets incorporated into the software. The only time anti virus will pick up the virus used is either if the hacker was careless or used some old pre-written code.

any files you download from an untrusted source you can upload to virustotal.com and it will scan it for known viruses before you run it on your system. Again it only works for known viruses like your systems anti virus so anything thats been coded new wont be listed yet and wont be picked up. You can also use virus total to check websites for malware too.

If you want to know more about how viruses work and how they get around being detected, if you search for John Hammond on youtube he has a bunch of videos where he takes apart virus files to show how they get around anti virus programs and what they try to do.

Upvote 0
I would recommend doing a clean install of your operating system. There's no guarantee that the antivirus actually picked up the virus that gave them access to your system, sometimes its over a year or more before the virus is reported to the anti virus companies and gets incorporated into the software. The only time anti virus will pick up the virus used is either if the hacker was careless or used some old pre-written code.

any files you download from an untrusted source you can upload to virustotal.com and it will scan it for known viruses before you run it on your system. Again it only works for known viruses like your systems anti virus so anything thats been coded new wont be listed yet and wont be picked up. You can also use virus total to check websites for malware too.

If you want to know more about how viruses work and how they get around being detected, if you search for John Hammond on youtube he has a bunch of videos where he takes apart virus files to show how they get around anti virus programs and what they try to do.
I will do a clean install after getting a pendrive or something like that because I have a lot of information on my computer. Thank you for your advice, I thought that an antivirus can catch every virus, the more you know I guess.

I will also watch some of the videos you suggested because I think it's a very important knowledge nowadays

Thank you (again) for the advice and for taking the time to write about how we can protect ourselves from some of the viruses!

Upvote 0
I will do a clean install after getting a pendrive or something like that because I have a lot of information on my computer. Thank you for your advice, I thought that an antivirus can catch every virus, the more you know I guess.

I will also watch some of the videos you suggested because I think it's a very important knowledge nowadays

Thank you (again) for the advice and for taking the time to write about how we can protect ourselves from some of the viruses!
John Mcaffe (the guy that made mcaffe anti virus software) was always very vocal about how anti virus software gives people a false sense of safety because that's what most people assume, anti virus catches all the viruses, but by the time they are found that virus unless it's an old one has already been on your system for quite a while.
The videos might be a little over technical depending on the knolage you have already. I think he does a good job of explaining things as he takes it apart, but a lot of it is things like having the code in a cypher and then having some other code that unpacks it and runs it. If you can get a grasp on it it's really interesting though.

• Hugs
Upvote 0
John Mcaffe (the guy that made mcaffe anti virus software) was always very vocal about how anti virus software gives people a false sense of safety because that's what most people assume, anti virus catches all the viruses, but by the time they are found that virus unless it's an old one has already been on your system for quite a while.
The videos might be a little over technical depending on the knolage you have already. I think he does a good job of explaining things as he takes it apart, but a lot of it is things like having the code in a cypher and then having some other code that unpacks it and runs it. If you can get a grasp on it it's really interesting though.
Yeah, I know the guy. I have been doing my homework on the security side of things the last few days and I will keep improving that. The more you grow as a model, the more you become a potential target. Thank you for helping me out my friend!

Reactions: KingMarti
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.