AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

My Internet Shopping Addiction... I need Hugs and Rehab...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetAlice3

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Feb 7, 2016
MFC Username
SweetAlice3
I have never got this far.. My amazon and Paypal cards are Over the top and my statements are scary... can't pay... I have good credit, but this is going to screw my finances.. I am getting help at the bank... I'm just addicted to buy hilarious stuff, home stufff and useless stuff...
12744162_1467550746607945_2630687868370556194_n.jpg

• Hugs
Reactions: Sasha Green and Guy
From past experience, let me just tell you this...if you ever shop at, say, Victoria's Secret, avoid getting that damn charge card. You will go crazy and charge too much shit to your card, and then struggle to pay the balance. Been there, done that. Was so relieved when I paid that shit off and closed the account.

From past experience, let me just tell you this...if you ever shop at, say, Victoria's Secret, avoid getting that damn charge card. You will go crazy and charge too much shit to your card, and then struggle to pay the balance. Been there, done that. Was so relieved when I paid that shit off and closed the account.
I am going crazy for sure right now! It's my fault but need help.. :bag:

Couple things.

Unsubscribe from all those "cool" emails you signed up for (I know you did!!) that send out daily deals, coupons, etc. DO IT !! Cut them off. They are the damn devil if you have a shopping problem.

Second: Return what you can right now. Look up the return policies for your stuff whether it's 30 days, 60, or 90 and start sending it back. Yes it'll take a bit to get it off the card but you know right now you do not NEED it and therefore it goes back now before you're stuck with crap that's gonna end up in a corner stacked on top of other shit you stuck in the corner or at Goodwill. That hilarious stuff isn't gonna be so funny when you can't pay your bills so suck it up and mail it back while you still can.

Get rid of the Amazon gift cards and dont get any new ones. Is Your Paypal card a Paypal credit card or a Paypal debit card?

I don't think it's the gift cards that are getting her into trouble, since a gift card would have already been fully paid for by someone else (given to her as a Christmas gift or birthday gift or something). It's probably that Amazon Rewards VISA that they always try to get you to sign up for when you're at the Amazon checkout page. Anytime I'm in a store, and the sales associate starts talking to me about some card you have to get approved for, I always say no thanks and just keep it moving. And for places like Victoria's Secret, it can be very easy for a lot of women to go in there and just go ham with that VS Angel credit card. That and that Old Navy credit card was what got me in trouble years ago. JUST SAY NO. Lol.

Now things like the CVS ExtraCare card, the Food Lion MVP Customer Card, and those other grocery store cards that just give you store discounts with every purchase...those type of cards are totally fine because you're saving money at checkout, and you're not getting any bills in the mail telling you that you owe a minimum payment of X dollars.

Store cards often have obnoxious interest rates (upwards of 25%), making it even more difficult to pay them down.

Get rid of the Amazon gift cards and dont get any new ones. Is Your Paypal card a Paypal credit card or a Paypal debit card?
its the amazon card and paypal credit :banhappy:

Couple things.

Unsubscribe from all those "cool" emails you signed up for (I know you did!!) that send out daily deals, coupons, etc. DO IT !! Cut them off. They are the damn devil if you have a shopping problem.

Second: Return what you can right now. Look up the return policies for your stuff whether it's 30 days, 60, or 90 and start sending it back. Yes it'll take a bit to get it off the card but you know right now you do not NEED it and therefore it goes back now before you're stuck with crap that's gonna end up in a corner stacked on top of other shit you stuck in the corner or at Goodwill. That hilarious stuff isn't gonna be so funny when you can't pay your bills so suck it up and mail it back while you still can.
The thing is I have returned stuff no amazon, they get the package and have never credit the amount to the account :sorry:

Leave your credit card at home when you go shopping, or put it in the freezer in a bowl of water. Seriously, that's what I had to do at one point because I got way out of control with shopping. Tell yourself if you really want the item later on, you can go home and get your credit card, and then return to the store later. 90 percent of the time, I didn't want the item badly enough to return.

For online shopping, try to buy only items you really need. And don't online shop when drunk lol. :) This was seriously a problem for me at one point-I would go crazy buying useless stuff I didn't need. Usually inexpensive items, but still, adds up over time.

The thing is I have returned stuff no amazon, they get the package and have never credit the amount to the account :sorry:

Amazon does refund the amount to the card used (or if bought with a giftcard, then you get a giftcard balance). Usually they will email you a print label that already has the shipping paid, so all you have to do is drop it off at USPS/FedEx/UPS and keep your tracking number. It takes 8-10 weeks for the credit to go through once they receive the item.

If you still haven't received a credit after that amount of time, and the tracking info shows that they received it, you should contact customer support. However, they're extremely diligent about returns and refunds, and your statement above makes it seem like you have never received your money back multiple times, which makes me wonder if you are looking at the wrong area on your credit card statement, or looking on the wrong credit card itself, or just making excuses to make yourself feel better about your spending habits. I'm not saying this to rile you up or put you on the defensive. I'm simply saying that it's common for people to ask for help then reject any advice because it's not what they want to hear. https://www.addiction.com/3277/death-addiction-stages-grief-addiction-recovery/

I hope that you do take Teagan's suggestions to help stop it from piling up even more. If you don't know where to look on Amazon to see if your return was processed, let me know. I can give a more accurate description.

Amazon does refund the amount to the card used (or if bought with a giftcard, then you get a giftcard balance). Usually they will email you a print label that already has the shipping paid, so all you have to do is drop it off at USPS/FedEx/UPS and keep your tracking number. It takes 8-10 weeks for the credit to go through once they receive the item.

If you still haven't received a credit after that amount of time, and the tracking info shows that they received it, you should contact customer support. However, they're extremely diligent about returns and refunds, and your statement above makes it seem like you have never received your money back multiple times, which makes me wonder if you are looking at the wrong area on your credit card statement, or looking on the wrong credit card itself, or just making excuses to make yourself feel better about your spending habits. I'm not saying this to rile you up or put you on the defensive. I'm simply saying that it's common for people to ask for help then reject any advice because it's not what they want to hear. https://www.addiction.com/3277/death-addiction-stages-grief-addiction-recovery/

I hope that you do take Teagan's suggestions to help stop it from piling up even more. If you don't know where to look on Amazon to see if your return was processed, let me know. I can give a more accurate description.

Exactly what I was gonna say. Amazon absolutely does returns and credits money back. As long as you are sending it back right I see no reason why they wouldnt or seen a case where they havent. Even with third parties ive gotten my money back every time. Sorry but i'd look into the returns better and I would not let it deter you or use it as an excuse not to return the stuff you have now and in no way need. Amazon has great return policies and frankly if youre needing the bank to bail you out you need to utilize them before it's too late. If you cant pay for the stuff now there's no reason to think you can pay the bank back either later on. Youre just buying time really. So instead of just postponing not having money, do what you need to do now and send it back.

It never came to my mind that I was looking on the wrong statement -I did contact customer support one time and never saw the refund. After that -If I dont like the item I sell it or give it away. I dont return things I like.

Status
Not open for further replies.