AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

MyFreeCams Search/Sorting

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joeternal said:
Isabella_deL said:
Some models actually use this as ways to draw their members in and make them spend more.

Right. Which is the main reason why I haven't pursued it, even though the models in question didn't give me any reason to believe they were trying to scam me. It would be a big leap of faith on my part. Distrust in this situation is a two way street.

Just because a model might act more flirty with you and like she's interested to draw you in doesn't mean she'd be scamming you. It just means she's providing a different service to others. Some members enjoy the idea that a model might genuinely be interested in them, it gives them an ego boost. It isn't necessarily that the model is trying to scam the member. I think the word "scam" is thrown around far too much when it comes to camsites. If you were in a restaurant a waitress might be particularly friendly to you to draw in tips, she may laugh when you're not funny and bat her eyelashes when you're not attractive. That doesn't make her a scammer because she doesn't genuinely want you to put your penis inside you, it is just a way for her to do better at her job.

mynameisbob84 said:
One thing I can't help but wonder is how many of the models who would be against members viewing MFC as a dating site (in general, not specifically the models in this thread), are the same models who claim to be single despite being in a relationship.

This is something I can answer. I still list myself as single because I don't like members asking about my relationship. It's none of their business, I literally hate personal questions about my sex life or comments about my boyfriend. I don't want them comparing themselves to him, trying to one up him, talking about him while they're wanting themselves off, saying he's a lucky guy, none of it. My relationship and sex life are absolutely personal and not up for discussion. I tell regulars about my relationship status when I feel I can trust them not to get weird about it, but I don't like talking about it in the public room with a bunch of strangers. In a real life job I would not have to tell everyone about my relationship status, and if I mentioned having a boyfriend they wouldn't tirade me with questions about my sex life and what he's like, or even in some cases, try to make themselves a part of my relationship. Myfreecams is different. Members do all of these things and more. I don't suddenly like talking about my personal business just because random strangers suddenly feel it's acceptable to ask me about it. I will masturbate on cam, they can see my body and hear tidbits of information about me, but they cannot take part in my personal life.
Oh and I also don't enjoy constant questions of "does your boyfriend know you do this?" or "does your boyfriend let you do this?". I find it insulting that they think I would lie to the person who I am closest to about such a large part of my life and do it behind his back, and I think it's insulting that he would have to "let" me do anything. If he weren't comfortable with my job then either we'd break up or I'd stop. End of story.

None of this has anything to do with members wanting to date me or wanting to draw members in. None of my regulars have changed because of me being in a relationship or single. No one has ever left or even cared who's tipped and chatted to me enough to know about my relationship so I doubt it'd effect my income at all. The members who seem very keen to know about stuff like this tend to want to know from the beginning and whatever answer they hear I find they leave pretty quickly or are looking for a fairly quick meet up.

Isabella_deL said:
Joeternal said:
Isabella_deL said:
Some models actually use this as ways to draw their members in and make them spend more.

Right. Which is the main reason why I haven't pursued it, even though the models in question didn't give me any reason to believe they were trying to scam me. It would be a big leap of faith on my part. Distrust in this situation is a two way street.

Just because a model might act more flirty with you and like she's interested to draw you in doesn't mean she'd be scamming you. It just means she's providing a different service to others. Some members enjoy the idea that a model might genuinely be interested in them, it gives them an ego boost. It isn't necessarily that the model is trying to scam the member. I think the word "scam" is thrown around far too much when it comes to camsites. If you were in a restaurant a waitress might be particularly friendly to you to draw in tips, she may laugh when you're not funny and bat her eyelashes when you're not attractive. That doesn't make her a scammer because she doesn't genuinely want you to put your penis inside you, it is just a way for her to do better at her job.

Since you seem determined to insult my intelligence, I'll put it a little more directly. When a model raises the possibility of things going beyond MFC, and I say something like "you don't really mean that" or "you're just joking, right?" and she says, "no, I'm serious" - she's either serious, or she's scamming me hardcore. That's basically the kind of conversation that has happened in the cases I described.

I think that a lot of people forget what MFC is actually about sometimes.
What makes MFC so amazing is the freedom of it all. Premiums have the ability to be as picky as they want with no irl repercussions or having to worry about hurt feelings. They can choose to watch only models who fit their "fantasy" criteria 100% to the t.
I don't know why people are giving this guy shit for only wanting to watch single models anymore than they would if he only wanted to watch virgins or blondes with big tits. It is a preference and he has every right to seek it out. And him wanting to watch only single models doesn't mean he has any questionable intentions. As a camgirl who cammed single for her first two years, and then openly got into a relationship I can say that this is a criteria that a decent amount of guys have. I lost a handful of regulars who were nothing but sweet, respectful and fun to have in my room, who never overstepped my boundaries or tried to escalate the relationship in any way EVER when I got a boyfriend. It sucked, but thats their right, who am I to judge about it?
:dontknow:

Fay_Galore said:
am I the only one who thinks some sort of catagory-function would actually be a good idea?

of course, TS looking for a single girl might be debatable (as we've seen in this topic, haha) but I've been saying something along those lines even since I joined MFC.
makes complete sense and could benefit 97% of the girls. (only very high rated models who just happen to get there more by change then by originality might suffer a bit)

Yup I think it would benefit both most non-top models and many members. So in your case judging strictly by your avatar, you might have tags pretty, blonde, and thin. Which frankly doesn't narrow down the model pool too much... But you probably have some unusual interests or hobbies; Heavy Metal, WOW, astronomy, or ferret breeding. :) Adding that tag to blonde, and thin as search term, would help find the member find model who shares an interest and adding something new to the room conversation.

wondering if possible to get the thread on track. :think:

I personally would prefer better search functions, too. I don't think it's a big deal since there are other features I would like to see more, but I wouldn't be opposed.

I don't think I would generally like the kind of member who prefers single girls. Whether they want to find a girlfriend, don't like the concept of "used goods," think that there is some kind of universal sacred contract between man and woman that should not be intruded upon, whatever. It just doesn't work well with my own beliefs and morals. That's okay though! That's why there are tens of thousands of models and members, and why a more optimized search feature would be great.

Not to mention they wouldn't like me anyway. :p

I do nooot like the idea of categories though. Tags are better imo because they're more custom. I always felt like so few of the categories fit me on Streamate and would rather choose my own.

I was going to try to post an intelligent, thought-out critique of opinions shared in this thread, but I just gave up instead. I don't know, perhaps that is the best response.

Reactions: The Insider
Joeternal said:
she's either serious, or she's scamming me hardcore.

Again, not necessarily scamming. Only scamming if she's trying to get something from you in return, like saying "if you pay for my travel expenses I'll come and meet you" and then doesnt show up or something like that. The model could be either lying, just playing around or testing the water without scamming. It also could easily be a very casual flirting or a moment of feeling like it'd be a good idea. It doesn't mean that the model would go through with it or even that if she did want to meet up that she'd want anything other than friendship. But hey, you also clearly are attracted to girls who seem more available so maybe incidentally you end up picking girls who are more relaxed about meeting up. Some models do very casually meet regulars. All I'm saying is that a model may say something as spur of the moment behind the safety of her computer that she'd never actually go through with. That doesn't make her a scammer, it makes her human. Just like many members might act like they want to meet me, many would bail out if they ever had the opportunity.

I don't think I'm trying to insult your intelligence or have insulted anything about you. That certainly wasn't my intention. I don't think this situation has anything to do with intelligence. It's more to do with experience. Being a cam model and an active member on this forum means I've read, seen and experienced a whole load of different perspectives on this subject. One thing I come across a fair amount are members who boast about how they could have had relationships with cam models if they wanted to. I have also come across many who have pursued these relationships and they have come to nothing. One of my best regulars from a while back pursued a cam model for almost a year, he'd stopped spending and visiting her on cam, had just spent loads of time in Skype with her, and she continued to stand him up and put off meeting him. She wasn't scamming him, I don't know her reasons for not wanting to meet him or why she acted like she wanted to, but fact is she didn't. A cam model can lead a member on without scamming him. That is what this model did, and it's what I think a lot of models also do in similar situations. Fuck even saying "models", that's what a lot of women do. Lots of men do it too.

I only say this because you seemed pretty sure of yourself about something that you only have a few words and conversations to go by. I get it's an ego boost imagining that if you wanted you could have had a relationship with several cam models, so fair enough if that's all it is. I'm just saying that it's never safe to assume anything unless it actually happens, and to try and stop people being so casual about the "scam" word. I don't know what it is with the cam world but it's like every situation if something doesn't go someone's way, be they model or member, it's suddenly a scam.

Isabella_deL said:
Joeternal said:
she's either serious, or she's scamming me hardcore.

Again, not necessarily scamming. Only scamming if she's trying to get something from you in return, like saying "if you pay for my travel expenses I'll come and meet you" and then doesnt show up or something like that. The model could be either lying, just playing around or testing the water without scamming. It also could easily be a very casual flirting or a moment of feeling like it'd be a good idea. It doesn't mean that the model would go through with it or even that if she did want to meet up that she'd want anything other than friendship. But hey, you also clearly are attracted to girls who seem more available so maybe incidentally you end up picking girls who are more relaxed about meeting up. Some models do very casually meet regulars. All I'm saying is that a model may say something as spur of the moment behind the safety of her computer that she'd never actually go through with. That doesn't make her a scammer, it makes her human. Just like many members might act like they want to meet me, many would bail out if they ever had the opportunity.

I don't think I'm trying to insult your intelligence or have insulted anything about you. That certainly wasn't my intention. I don't think this situation has anything to do with intelligence. It's more to do with experience. Being a cam model and an active member on this forum means I've read, seen and experienced a whole load of different perspectives on this subject. One thing I come across a fair amount are members who boast about how they could have had relationships with cam models if they wanted to. I have also come across many who have pursued these relationships and they have come to nothing. One of my best regulars from a while back pursued a cam model for almost a year, he'd stopped spending and visiting her on cam, had just spent loads of time in Skype with her, and she continued to stand him up and put off meeting him. She wasn't scamming him, I don't know her reasons for not wanting to meet him or why she acted like she wanted to, but fact is she didn't. A cam model can lead a member on without scamming him. That is what this model did, and it's what I think a lot of models also do in similar situations. Fuck even saying "models", that's what a lot of women do. Lots of men do it too.

I only say this because you seemed pretty sure of yourself about something that you only have a few words and conversations to go by. I get it's an ego boost imagining that if you wanted you could have had a relationship with several cam models, so fair enough if that's all it is. I'm just saying that it's never safe to assume anything unless it actually happens, and to try and stop people being so casual about the "scam" word. I don't know what it is with the cam world but it's like every situation if something doesn't go someone's way, be they model or member, it's suddenly a scam.

I think the problem here is that you keep trying to suggest you know something about people, conversations and situations you know nothing about, besides the (deliberately) extremely vague information I've given you. And frankly, it's none of your business.

HiGirlsRHot said:
Fay_Galore said:
am I the only one who thinks some sort of catagory-function would actually be a good idea?

of course, TS looking for a single girl might be debatable (as we've seen in this topic, haha) but I've been saying something along those lines even since I joined MFC.
makes complete sense and could benefit 97% of the girls. (only very high rated models who just happen to get there more by change then by originality might suffer a bit)

Yup I think it would benefit both most non-top models and many members. So in your case judging strictly by your avatar, you might have tags pretty, blonde, and thin. Which frankly doesn't narrow down the model pool too much... But you probably have some unusual interests or hobbies; Heavy Metal, WOW, astronomy, or ferret breeding. :) Adding that tag to blonde, and thin as search term, would help find the member find model who shares an interest and adding something new to the room conversation.

That's a very good point. New models or models who have yet to "catch on" would probably benefit from better searching.

Reactions: SexySteph
Joeternal said:
I think the problem here is that you keep trying to suggest you know something about people, conversations and situations you know nothing about, besides the (deliberately) extremely vague information I've given you. And frankly, it's none of your business.

Don't post things on public forums and then tell people it's none of their business. If you don't want something discussed, don't post it.

Sure, I don't know exact situations, maybe all of these girls really were ready to date you, but you made some very confident statements which from other things you've said don't really have much evidence other than a few conversations. There are enough dudes around who think "hey, I'll have a chance with tons of models" that then go and bother/stalk models that I do feel the need to clarify this in the case of those reading. Have you ever thought that maybe I'm not stating these things for your benefit but for the benefit of some of the readers? You may be a completely normal dude, you may have no interest in dating models, I say the word "may" because as far as I know you could be a total psycho, just like anyone else you meet online could be, fact is though, there are lots of members around sites like myfreecams who I'm sure lurk around here who will read into any statement that gives them hope and will start acting on it.

You may be perfectly intelligent, and seeing as you didn't act on any of these models saying they want to meet you then maybe it's because you knew it'd most likely not come to anything, but please respect that not all members are perfectly intelligent. Some of them do need it to be spelled out to them and do need a bit of realism. I have come across members who've read posts on forums from guys like you making it seem like it's really easy to date a model, and maybe it is for you, but for most members it's not. Seeing as stalkers can be potentially dangerous and can do all sorts of emotional damage it's best to not send too many mixed messages.

I don't care whether you want to visit white models, single models, straight models or don't like tattoos, fair enough, I don't know your reasons for this, from how you come across I assume you like the idea that you could date a model rather than actually wanting to date a model, which could be why you've got so touchy about the points I've made when you haven't seemed nearly so bothered by the other posts. What I do care about is people making very broad statements so publicly about things which could negatively impact others when really they have no evidence that it's true.
But if I was looking at it as a dating site, I would have already dated several cam girls.
You haven't actually dated several cam girls, you've just had a few of them suggest meeting up. This is coming from your own words. If I met and flirted with a guy in a bar and maybe suggested exchanging numbers and he decided not to I'd be pretty pissed off if he went around boasting about how he could have fucked me/had a relationship with me. This really isn't any different.
I am over sensitive about things like this because I have come across members with these idiotic ideas in mind and it never goes well. The only members I have heard of having successful relationships with cam models are the ones who weren't thinking of it as an option.

Joeternal said:
HiGirlsRHot said:
Fay_Galore said:

That's a very good point. New models or models who have yet to "catch on" would probably benefit from better searching.

Now that this has been mentioned I do have to wonder if I'd have been off to a better start or not when I first joined MFC if there was a better search facility. I'd argue probably not, cause for this to really benefit newer or more unknown models, you'd have to assume they had their shit together as a camgirl and maybe just weren't getting the people into their room that they needed to be successful.

As far as physical attributes I'm pretty plain- brunnette chubby chick with massive tits. Doesn't narrow the pool down either but I do wonder how many guys are going to come onto a cam site looking for people they share hobbies and interests with when realistically a very small portion of time in a girl's room is actually going to be spent talking about that. But then I guess it really depends on what you really use camsites for. Which really makes me think there are far, far too many variables on the model and the member's part and perhaps a more thorough search in this sense perhaps wouldn't benefit as many models as you might first think.

Not that I'm arguing mind. It's an interesting thought :think:

HiGirlsRHot said:
Fay_Galore said:

hehe, thanks ;) I am not thin, but that made my day.
I have listed more interests then actual looks in my tags, so I'm hoping people will find me searching 'suicide girls' and 'metal'

I was thinking more along the line of tabs on the main page with categories, for instance 'singers' 'cosplay' 'screamers' 'lolita' 'tattooed' 'funny' 'anal' etc etc and that members can endorse the models in a specific catagory (to prevent every model just listing all catagories)

JJasione said:
[

As far as physical attributes I'm pretty plain- brunnette chubby chick with massive tits. Doesn't narrow the pool down either but I do wonder how many guys are going to come onto a cam site looking for people they share hobbies and interests with when realistically a very small portion of time in a girl's room is actually going to be spent talking about that. But then I guess it really depends on what you really use camsites for. Which really makes me think there are far, far too many variables on the model and the member's part and perhaps a more thorough search in this sense perhaps wouldn't benefit as many models as you might first think.

interesting you say that, because in my opinion, sharing interests and similar taste is probably the #1 reason guys stick around in my room. they like my music, we discuss movies, series, games, etc. so if people would be able to find me searching for instance 'game of thrones' or 'betty page' (instead/in addition to the max 20 keywords I got to pick) I would be very happy.
it would also narrow down the random 'hey bb skype?' dudes, because girls who do skype would just list that! same as 'open tits' and 'u do cumshow?'

Fay_Galore said:
interesting you say that, because in my opinion, sharing interests and similar taste is probably the #1 reason guys stick around in my room.

The #1 reason is that they found your room. With over 1k models online, the chances of any member landing in a specific mid-score model's room are slim. Whatever the quality of the conversation with members, the reason they gave you a first, let alone a second, look is that something superficial about you appealed to them. That's not to say that members might not also be interested in searching for models by taste in music or video games or where they place themselves on the non-nude <-> gonzo public show spectrum

Sevrin said:
Fay_Galore said:
interesting you say that, because in my opinion, sharing interests and similar taste is probably the #1 reason guys stick around in my room.

The #1 reason is that they found your room. With over 1k models online, the chances of any member landing in a specific mid-score model's room are slim. Whatever the quality of the conversation with members, the reason they gave you a first, let alone a second, look is that something superficial about you appealed to them. That's not to say that members might not also be interested in searching for models by taste in music or video games or where they place themselves on the non-nude <-> gonzo public show spectrum

alright, yes. they need to scroll aaaaall the way down and click my avatar first yes ;) and then watch me a couple of seconds/minutes to see if it's visually appealing enough. that is true. but once you're past the 20 minutes, for the type of guy who's on MFC more for a social aspect then for exclusive fapping, he does need a bit more then a pretty face.
While I do the whole striptease, teasing thing (like a boss!) I do notice that a large part of my regs are often more interested in me discussing weird ass sci-fi theories than me actually taking my clothes off. so, at least to my target group, yes I do think having similar interest is very important. and it would be nice if they could find fitting models easier. so maybe #3 then ;)

Isabella_deL said:
I say the word "may" because as far as I know you could be a total psycho

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Luckily the other models who have posted here are ultimately cool, and got where I'm coming from.

If I met and flirted with a guy in a bar and maybe suggested exchanging numbers and he decided not to I'd be pretty pissed off if he went around boasting about how he could have fucked me/had a relationship with me. This really isn't any different.

Which is why I didn't name anyone or give any more information, and why I'd appreciate it if you'd drop the subject at this point. Each of them were very cool, very attractive girls who I liked a lot. It just wasn't the right situation.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Fay_Galore said:
JJasione said:
[

interesting you say that, because in my opinion, sharing interests and similar taste is probably the #1 reason guys stick around in my room. they like my music, we discuss movies, series, games, etc. so if people would be able to find me searching for instance 'game of thrones' or 'betty page' (instead/in addition to the max 20 keywords I got to pick) I would be very happy.
it would also narrow down the random 'hey bb skype?' dudes, because girls who do skype would just list that! same as 'open tits' and 'u do cumshow?'

Oh of course, that's the same for a lot of the girls. I can't imagine why my guys would ever stick around to hear me talk relentlessly about my horses or the fact that I watch awful TV, but apparently they do. In most cases it probably is personality that keeps guys long term because ultimately there's any number of gorgeous blondes who're awesome strippers or whatever on MFC and it's your personality and how you run the room that sets you apart. That kind of thing is something that takes a little while to get hooked on though, I think. Like Sevrin said, the initial attraction is a superficial thing.

I just can't imagine logging into my perv account and searching for someone to discuss my secret crush on Tyrion Lannister with. If someone stumbled into my room with very specific shared interests I'd be overjoyed, I just struggle to see a time when they would log in and search something *that* specific and happen into my room for example with my relatively low score.

The interests section of the profiles would be a brilliant way to be able to search for specifics except for the fact that it usually seems to either be hidden or not actually used for hobbies and interests :lol: I think there's probably a line between improving the search function to be more detailed and completely over-complicating it.

Edited like a billion times because Thunder Thumbs :whistle:

Reactions: LadyLuna and Gen
As far as I can tell on myfreecams members will in general initially think looks based, and then they'll find a model who they find attractive but also like hanging around with and enjoy her room vibes. The model they end up liking might not be the model they find the most attractive looks wise, that model might not even fit into their criteria. It's one of the reasons I don't think a detailed search function would work.

On streamate it does work because there's a lot more emphasis on paid shows. The member will search a model he finds aesthetically pleasing, will take her in a show, have a good time and then log off. Though I'm sure members do get to know models personalities on streamate, it does not seem to be the pattern or what brings the income in.

Myfreecams is very different though. Emphasis is on free chat and the tips members give models they feel a special connection to. Of course there are privates and groups, but for most models they tend to be very much controlled by the model rather than a member being able to turn up, ask for private and instantly get a show. Of course many models do run their rooms that way, but it seems that most of the models who earn very good money do shows more in their own time and focus on free chat and tips. Members do not drop 10k-100k tips on models just because they fit a criteria and they think they're hot. Unless they are rolling in cash or are particularly bad with their money there is almost always more to it. Enabling a detailed search function could easily mean models get overlooked.

It'd be hard to tell unless it actually happened, quite likely not many people would even bother using it and it could benefit some models. I just think it'd bring up the likelihood of members searching "slim, big tits, no tattoos" or something similar, and a model with a small tattoo that's barely noticeable would miss that search, or missing models who might not have "big boobs" on their search, or might have big boobs but wouldn't count themselves as slim but are in the healthy weight range. I think the models who might suffer would be the ones over a certain age, or even ones under a certain age. So many popular models are in their late 20s/30s, some who mark themselves as younger, but it seems to be a typical thing that loads of dudes seem to think as soon as a girl is over 25 she's suddenly "past it" or a "milf" and are always really surprised when a girl who's 30 still looks just as good as a 20 year old.

Random point of curiosity - MFC offers the ability to list "widowed" and "divorced" as your relationship status. These are technically single, but don't actually say "single". Would those be just as off-putting as being in a relationship, or is it not that big a deal?

It also allows "No Answer", which is what I have mine set to, because I feel it's just not important.

The Insider said:
why can't it simply be because those are his personal preferences

If this was directed at me, I'm just genuinely curious. I like finding out the "Why" of things from a scientific or psychological viewpoint. I really enjoy learning about the reasoning behind things, as it adds to my bank of interesting concepts to ponder.

If this was not directed at me.... Carry on. It looked like it could be, so I wanted to explain.

SweetSaffron said:
The Insider said:

If this was directed at me, I'm just genuinely curious. I like finding out the "Why" of things from a scientific or psychological viewpoint. I really enjoy learning about the reasoning behind things, as it adds to my bank of interesting concepts to ponder.

If this was not directed at me.... Carry on. It looked like it could be, so I wanted to explain.

Oh no, not directed at you or anyone in specific.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
The Insider said:

I think the reason is that the OP has come onto ACF with something directly to his situation. It's more of a complaint than a "Why do you think myfreecams has such a limited search option?" which would bring up discussion about the actual subject. Anyone coming instantly to a new forum and basically bitching/moaning about something we have zero control over and doesn't really effect us at all is going to ruffle a few feathers. You get out what you put in. If you come in moaning about someones place of work the response is most likely not going to be positive, and seeing as we have nothing else to discuss as the first post was very much about this guys preferences, it's kind of like "What is he wanting us to say? Ok, I'll respond to the information he's given me!" which is about his preferences.

I doubt anyone particularly cares about this dudes preferences, it's simply the way it was posted made it seem like it was what was up for discussion. The whole only wanting to view single models is definitely a sore spot for a lot of models because of the risk of harassment and stalking we face, it's also something that has nothing to do with members or our show. If you treat it as a job it's like if you worked at a bar and someone refused to be served by you because you had a boyfriend. Fair enough if they simply prefer being served by someone else, but relationship status seems so irrelevant. It's a mixture of paranoia and frustration on the models side. Worrying if the member might be a danger to models (because yes, many of us may seem overly paranoid but there is good reason for it), and then being frustrated that a member wants to know information about you that has nothing to do with your job. Same reason I don't like discussing relationship status, my relationships are mine and no one else's.

To the OP, don't take it personally, try to bear in mind a large amount of us come to this forum when we're a bit bored and fancy a discussion/debate. Most of us know each other and are used to happily nitpicking each others posts without it going further than that thread. When someone comes to a forum with a post like yours it's going to cause a reaction, which most people happily discuss and tear apart excitedly without really thinking much of it. It's difficult to convey tone on forums, and a lot of members and models here are skeptical seeing as a large portion of new members here who make threads like this turn out to be arseholes and fairly quickly show their true colours, or they're just using us as a quick place to vent and get attention. Once you've posted a few times in other threads you'll probably get a better feeling of the forum. These kinds of threads aren't the best place to get a good view.

Isabella_deL said:
The Insider said:

I think the reason is that the OP has come onto ACF with something directly to his situation. It's more of a complaint than a "Why do you think myfreecams has such a limited search option?" which would bring up discussion about the actual subject. Anyone coming instantly to a new forum and basically bitching/moaning about something we have zero control over and doesn't really effect us at all is going to ruffle a few feathers. You get out what you put in. If you come in moaning about someones place of work the response is most likely not going to be positive, and seeing as we have nothing else to discuss as the first post was very much about this guys preferences, it's kind of like "What is he wanting us to say? Ok, I'll respond to the information he's given me!" which is about his preferences.

I am sorry this is bullshit.

Lets review the OP original post.
First the subject was MyFreeCams Search/Sorting (nothing about preference)

His opening sentence.

"I wonder if anybody else sees this as a problem. I have specific tastes when it comes to cam models, and the lack of a good search or sorting function on MFC makes it hard to sift through the 1000+ models online at any given time. "

Again nothing about preference, actual he clearly identifies a real problem with site, because without this ability almost all the viewers end up in top models room.

Joeternal said:
In my case, I'm personally only interested in models who are straight, single and have no tattoos (one or two very small, feminine ones at the most). I think users should be able to search or sort based on any of the attributes in a model's profile - and the profiles should go a little more in depth. If somebody likes redheads for example, they can't just do a search for them.

Granted, on some of these attributes models can and do lie. But still, a more comprehensive way of sorting would help narrow things down. As it is, it's mostly a roll of the dice clicking on a model's room, based on their avatar. There are profile tags, but they don't work very well. The sorting functions only let you go by location, camscore, etc.

Every time I go to that site, unless someone I already know and want to talk to is on, I end up wasting a bunch of time clicking through models that don't interest me. I'm sure there are also other models who would interest me, but I'm not finding them because of the lack of tools. The time lost is time where I could be tipping. I'll probably send this to MFC as a suggestion, but maybe others can get on the bandwagon and help make it happen.

So he spends one sentence discussing his preference and the rest pointing out the problems with existing sort. He even points out a benefit "The time lost is time where I could be tipping"

This is has nothing to do with the OPs lack of communication and everything to do with people over reacting too two words straight and single.

While I do think MFC could benefit from a better search function, it's probably safe to say that sorting models by relationship status will never be implemented.
MFC is not a dating site, doesn't claim to be a dating site, and while it is within a premiums rights to prefer to watch single models exclusively, sorting by relationship status will give members the wrong idea and surely MFC is aware of this.

Not to mention, it will not help. At all.
Models who are in committed relationships or marriages present themselves as single all the time. There are single models who also claim to be in a relationship or married on cam.
By requesting that sorting be available this way, you're operating under the assumption that everyone is going to be honest about it, which just won't happen.

Just the same as it is within your right to prefer to watch single models, it is within a models rights to feel as though her relationship status doesn't matter in the camming world and to keep that part of her life a secret.

HiGirlsRHot said:
Isabella_deL said:
The Insider said:

I am sorry this is bullshit.

Lets review the OP original post.
First the subject was MyFreeCams Search/Sorting (nothing about preference)

His opening sentence.

"I wonder if anybody else sees this as a problem. I have specific tastes when it comes to cam models, and the lack of a good search or sorting function on MFC makes it hard to sift through the 1000+ models online at any given time. "

Again nothing about preference, actual he clearly identifies a real problem with site, because without this ability almost all the viewers end up in top models room.

Joeternal said:
In my case, I'm personally only interested in models who are straight, single and have no tattoos (one or two very small, feminine ones at the most). I think users should be able to search or sort based on any of the attributes in a model's profile - and the profiles should go a little more in depth. If somebody likes redheads for example, they can't just do a search for them.

Granted, on some of these attributes models can and do lie. But still, a more comprehensive way of sorting would help narrow things down. As it is, it's mostly a roll of the dice clicking on a model's room, based on their avatar. There are profile tags, but they don't work very well. The sorting functions only let you go by location, camscore, etc.

Every time I go to that site, unless someone I already know and want to talk to is on, I end up wasting a bunch of time clicking through models that don't interest me. I'm sure there are also other models who would interest me, but I'm not finding them because of the lack of tools. The time lost is time where I could be tipping. I'll probably send this to MFC as a suggestion, but maybe others can get on the bandwagon and help make it happen.

So he spends one sentence discussing his preference and the rest pointing out the problems with existing sort. He even points out a benefit "The time lost is time where I could be tipping"

This is has nothing to do with the OPs lack of communication and everything to do with people over reacting too two words straight and single.

At this point, I feel like Isabella_Del is stalking me. :dontknow:

Isabella_deL said:
The Insider said:

I doubt anyone particularly cares about this dudes preferences, it's simply the way it was posted made it seem like it was what was up for discussion. The whole only wanting to view single models is definitely a sore spot for a lot of models because of the risk of harassment and stalking we face, it's also something that has nothing to do with members or our show. If you treat it as a job it's like if you worked at a bar and someone refused to be served by you because you had a boyfriend. Fair enough if they simply prefer being served by someone else, but relationship status seems so irrelevant. It's a mixture of paranoia and frustration on the models side. Worrying if the member might be a danger to models (because yes, many of us may seem overly paranoid but there is good reason for it), and then being frustrated that a member wants to know information about you that has nothing to do with your job. Same reason I don't like discussing relationship status, my relationships are mine and no one else's.

To the OP, don't take it personally, try to bear in mind a large amount of us come to this forum when we're a bit bored and fancy a discussion/debate. Most of us know each other and are used to happily nitpicking each others posts without it going further than that thread. When someone comes to a forum with a post like yours it's going to cause a reaction, which most people happily discuss and tear apart excitedly without really thinking much of it. It's difficult to convey tone on forums, and a lot of members and models here are skeptical seeing as a large portion of new members here who make threads like this turn out to be arseholes and fairly quickly show their true colours, or they're just using us as a quick place to vent and get attention. Once you've posted a few times in other threads you'll probably get a better feeling of the forum. These kinds of threads aren't the best place to get a good view.

I agree with everything you expressed.

The MFC search feature can be pretty sucky, on chrome I have to type a models name exactly, with capital letters and _ if there are any (which I may not be aware of) or else I get zero results, while on opera i can type what I want and it searches fine.
When you own, develop or admin sites one thing you always do is test it across all browser platforms, if it doesn't work in one but it does the others you don't let that one slide, you hone it until it works on all.

As far as the OP getting pounced on for his wording, he's said he's not looking for a gf or wife etc in a later clarification.
But if he was, so what ?
It's not like people don't meet. I know 2 models from here that met their husbands camming and have been married 5+ years now, and another site admin from the us who made the move to Romania.
What about the "date raffle" ? Maybe a model says she's gonna be at the convention in Vegas in January and has a raffle to meet up & go on a dinner date with the winner, posts pics of her & the smiling member too.
These things are not the norm, they are the exception to the rule.
MFC is not a dating site but in the models tos it states (at least the last time I read it) that MFC wasn't going to get in the way of people socializing and becoming friendly outside of the site.
And if he doesn't meet a gf or wife then maybe he's enriched some models life for a few months.
Personally I feel the enrichment part goes on more often and has a higher ratio compared to the "stalker" aspect.

The OP for all intents and purposes is potentially some models whale, her bread and butter. I wouldn't blame him if he had a bad taste in his mouth now.

Reactions: IsabellaSnow
NoelleBright said:
While I do think MFC could benefit from a better search function, it's probably safe to say that sorting models by relationship status will never be implemented.
MFC is not a dating site, doesn't claim to be a dating site, and while it is within a premiums rights to prefer to watch single models exclusively, sorting by relationship status will give members the wrong idea and surely MFC is aware of this.

Not to mention, it will not help. At all.
Models who are in committed relationships or marriages present themselves as single all the time. There are single models who also claim to be in a relationship or married on cam.
By requesting that sorting be available this way, you're operating under the assumption that everyone is going to be honest about it, which just won't happen.

Just the same as it is within your right to prefer to watch single models, it is within a models rights to feel as though her relationship status doesn't matter in the camming world and to keep that part of her life a secret.

So what you're saying is, it's perfectly fine that many guys on MFC are only interested in models who are single, but it's also perfectly fine if models who are not single lie to those guys to get their tokens?

The Insider said:
The MFC search feature can be pretty sucky, on chrome I have to type a models name exactly, with capital letters and _ if there are any (which I may not be aware of) or else I get zero results, while on opera i can type what I want and it searches fine.
When you own, develop or admin sites one thing you always do is test it across all browser platforms, if it doesn't work in one but it does the others you don't let that one slide, you hone it until it works on all.
Works fine in Chrome. Any substring of any model's name brings up all models matching that substring.

Your last sentence doesn't resemble reality. All browser platforms is a ridiculously huge number of browsers/device combinations. There's probably some specific issue causing your particular problem.

The Insider said:
As far as the OP getting pounced on for his wording, he's said he's not looking for a gf or wife etc in a later clarification.
But if he was, so what ?
It's not like people don't meet. I know 2 models from here that met their husbands camming and have been married 5+ years now, and another site admin from the us who made the move to Romania.
What about the "date raffle" ? Maybe a model says she's gonna be at the convention in Vegas in January and has a raffle to meet up & go on a dinner date with the winner, posts pics of her & the smiling member too.
These things are not the norm, they are the exception to the rule.
MFC is not a dating site but in the models tos it states (at least the last time I read it) that MFC wasn't going to get in the way of people socializing and becoming friendly outside of the site.
And if he doesn't meet a gf or wife then maybe he's enriched some models life for a few months.
Personally I feel the enrichment part goes on more often and has a higher ratio compared to the "stalker" aspect.

The OP for all intents and purposes is potentially some models whale, her bread and butter. I wouldn't blame him if he had a bad taste in his mouth now.

It happens, but it doesn't happen to guys who go to camsites actively looking for a relationship.
If you go in with that expectation, camgirls can sniff it out in .00001 seconds and will write you off entirely.
When you turn MFC into a naked video catalog of potential girlfriends, you collectively dry up every single vagina.
:twocents-02cents:

Status
Not open for further replies.