AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Need help with a membership site

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2014
Hi I been camming a long time and I knew a few girls who made a fortune with there membership sites- really one had a mansion in malibu. So I was wondering why i dont see webcam girls today making these sites were they can make money while they sleep. One of the challenges is content, Always having new content. I cant evan find any girls to shoot with. :(

Lots of models have their own sites already, you see them linked in profiles, on Twitter, Tumblr, etc. all the time. I don't have my own site so I can't really speak to success, but I'd imagine that the ones that are very successful are that way because they have been growing their fanbase and advertising their site for a long time.

Best way to find a girl to shoot with is to make friends with camgirls and go from there, then even if g/g shoots don't happen, you still have a camgirl friend. :)

A membership website can be difficult to manage, as it would require consistent content to be added. A lot of models are focusing time on cam, where they can build their viewer base, where they can interact live with their viewer base, and where they make the bulk of their payout.

With a membership website, it can be a good idea, if you plan on making a large amount of content, over a good period of time, and need an effective way to offer the content. If you are planning on making limited content, over lengthy periods of time, a membership website would be almost useless.

There are a few websites out currently that provide a mass model membership model, where each model has their own website, but it is handled under the same system, or you can always develop your own.

Some models make a lot of money from their own website, but there is a high rate of failure. It takes a lot of effort, commitment, time, & talent to create site, create content, grow fan base, etc... At least as much, if not more work, than being a cam girl. The most successful sites usually result from good partnerships where there are photographers and web designers working with the models to help achieve the results and share in the profits. Easy for one party to drop the ball in those partnerships too though and mess it up, despite the other parties having all the needed attributes.

Reactions: JoleneBrody
Well said goldenaye666.

Membership are sites with a members only area. they dont have to be massive.

You could just record your current shows that you do on mfc and use that as content. like this http://www.lacielaplante.net/categories/2

Obviously you need something that is exclusive. I think 1 video a month would suffice. And they can be solo vids.

You could make a vlog. some people love that stuff. just record yourself talk about your life. teach guys about women.

Here's the key....

When new members sign up, you want to "drip" out your content. So new members can't see it all of it. and they think you are creating new stuff all the time but it is already there. all you need is SOME content to get started.

I can't stress enough that membership sites do not need alot of content AND they don't need to be a monthly recuring bill. How about a one time fee of 69$ ?

The possibilities are endless.

One day a few months ago i built a membership site just for fun. Using WordPress and wishlist member. free hosting and free domain, please just dont get mad because I took some pictures from mfc to use as placeholders. just kindly ask me to take it down.

heres the site: http://virginbarbie.96.lt/ma/

I am showing it to you guys because I have time to help out if you need web development services.

Let me know if you have any more questions on online marketing, membership sites and stuff like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.