AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

new 24/7 big brother site

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

What do you think about the experience

• good design

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • easy to use

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • interesting

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • complicated to use

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • good mobile experience

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • bad mobile experience

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • decent mobile experience

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • people in the apartments are allright

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
how kitted-out is the apartment? you refer to it as 'luxury'... what're the highlights of the luxury apartment? (balcony? Jacuzzi tub? massage chair? silky sheets? sex swing? indoor gym? room service?).

I will answer your questions in the order you posted them.
1. Do you have a psychologist on staff?/What sort of research (other than filming yourself) have you done on the mental health effects of this?
No psychologist full time. Just me who graduated university with a degree in psychology. Never practiced though. I started the first camgirl mansion like studio in Romania and have been closely involved with the camming industry for 7 years, been a cam model for 2 years (couple and single on different platforms), then just trained others, so I think I have a decent grasp in what cam models go through.
I came to the conclusion that it's much harder to be a cam model than live in an apartment with webcams pointing at you. Why is this? Because they become part of the decorum. You don't interact with them or the website in any way and in a short while you don't even notice them anymore.
This conclusion can't be generalized, so each person that we introduce into the project gets a trial period of roughly 2 weeks before they actually go live. This time is spent getting used to the cameras and providing us with daily feedback on how they feel. I can now safely disregard my concerns and put yours at ease, because out of 3 couples of people we tested and one single girl, none seemed to be bothered by the surveillance equipment.

2. How much are people being paid?
The amount of remuneration is 2 fold.
1. you get an expensive nice apartment to live in.
2. you get paid directly proportional with the percent of the total traffic we bring on the website and the time they spend in your apartment.
Example: the first 11 days since we launched, we are to pay 930 euros to one apartment and 300 something euros to another. The earnings increase as traffic increases.

3. Why aren't you using the correct technical term of voyeur to for your site?
Voyeurism is a big niche and camming is included in it. I wanted to pinpoint more accurately the type of project we built and people know what Big Brother is. I needed to avoid confusing some readers who might think they need to stay in the apartments full time and interact with the viewers or get controlled in any way by us or members of the website.

Thank you very much for your thoughtful response.

While I can tell that this wouldn't be the correct project for me (I think my mental health would be negatively impacted by being observed 24/7 and it seems we have different understandings of what Big Brother means. My understanding of the phrase is far more closely aligned with what @IsabellaSnow said: "The definition of "big brother" as you mean it is: "a person or organization exercising total control over people's lives."") but my negative feelings towards you and your project have lessened.

I think if you continue to respond in this manner to additional and follow up questions you will find our community to be a far better place for you.

The amount of remuneration is 2 fold.
1. you get an expensive nice apartment to live in.

it doesn't look like people have packed up their homes and moved into the apartment and redecorated all nice and made it theirs, so it seems more like hotel living than apartment life. and this means they still have to pay for their real home.
if the idea is reality, you're showing people the reality of being in a boring little hotel room.

2. you get paid directly proportional with the percent of the total traffic we bring on the website and the time they spend in your apartment.
Example:
so... there are absolutely no promises? anyone here who spends a thousand dollars on a return flight to Romania could come back home with nothing for all they know?

who do you see this pitch appealing to? why don't you think it would be better to make a more appealing offer and get a bigger pool of candidates to choose from?

Reactions: LailaBaise
Thank you very much for your thoughtful response.

While I can tell that this wouldn't be the correct project for me (I think my mental health would be negatively impacted by being observed 24/7 and it seems we have different understandings of what Big Brother means. My understanding of the phrase is far more closely aligned with what @IsabellaSnow said: "The definition of "big brother" as you mean it is: "a person or organization exercising total control over people's lives."") but my negative feelings towards you and your project have lessened.

I think if you continue to respond in this manner to additional and follow up questions you will find our community to be a far better place for you.

Thank you for clarifying the big brother problem as finally understood her misconception.
Big brother used to be a show popular in the 90s (still airing on CBS) where people were filmed in a villa and viewers could watch their lives via tv.
Later, Hollywood used this term in movies to define a fictitious organization that stood behind the government and dictated the big decisions. I didn't realize people related more to the second connotation than its root.
I thought I would give an explanation on this matter for those who confused the two takes on the notion.

Thank you @RebelleHart for your help.

Thank you for clarifying the big brother problem as finally understood her misconception.
Big brother used to be a show popular in the 90s (still airing on CBS) where people were filmed in a villa and viewers could watch their lives via tv.
Later, Hollywood used this term in movies to define a fictitious organization that stood behind the government and dictated the big decisions. I didn't realize people related more to the second connotation than its root.
I thought I would give an explanation on this matter for those who confused the two takes on the notion.

No need to thank me. I didn't really do anything different than anyone else did who asked the questions.

In fact, if you are really looking to impress people with your professionalism, I'd recommend some apologies to the people who you were previously rude to if you haven't already. Why burn a bridge when mending them is so much better for everyone?

Good luck with your project and I am thrilled that you are making this attitude change.

why don't you think it would be better to make a more appealing offer and get a bigger pool of candidates to choose from?
This is not a job offer, it's a partnership.
We already have results on what we offer now, so its proven to be effective. You are right that it's not for you, and this is why you feel we don't meet your high expectations.
We just choose the people we think are best suited. You might be interested or not, same with us.

Reactions: JuliaStorm

That's...that's not at all accurate.
The root is from George Orwell in his book Nineteen Eighty-Four.
Here: educate yourself. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Brother_(Nineteen_Eighty-Four)

Your site is literally a voyeur cam site.https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/voyeur

If watchers could tip to "make" the models do things THEN it would be a "Big Brother" type setup.

That's...that's not at all accurate.
The root is from George Orwell in his book Nineteen Eighty-Four.
Here: educate yourself. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Brother_(Nineteen_Eighty-Four)

Your site is literally a voyeur cam site.

Please don't be condescending.
I will explain again. Related to media, we have chosen to pick the big brother term to be accurate as to what viewers can expect from the website.

Both cam sites and ours are included in the big category of voyeurism.

Just to help you out, see what big brother means related to nowadays media.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Brother_(U.S._TV_series)

If watchers could tip to "make" the models do things THEN it would be a "Big Brother" type setup.
Actually the more I think about it, it would be more like if watchers could pay to effect changes to the model's house instead. Like turn up the heat, turn off lights, turn on music to wake them up. But that would be nothing short of hellish.

...but you get that he's just working off the branding of the TV series, right?

they used Orwell's term for the premise that 'big brother is watching', that even in your own home the CIA might be listening through your microwave :p but it's not much more relevant than that.

sure, that voyeur TV show was more totalitarian than this voyeur website (no outside media, no leaving the compound, etc. on the TV show), but I'm sure most people get the gist.

Oh, I get that he's trying to cash in on another's success. I got that. Loud and clear. Ripping off an idea from someone else to make money, yes. Understood.

It's just mind-boggling that he doesn't know where the term comes from that he keeps steadfastly sticking to even though it doesn't really apply.

Please don't be condescending.
I will explain again. Related to media, we have chosen to pick the big brother term to be accurate as to what viewers can expect from the website.

Both cam sites and ours are included in the big category of voyeurism.

Just to help you out, see what big brother means related to nowadays media.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Brother_(U.S._TV_series)

Glad you're trying to be civil now, if you'd started off this way you would have had a different response.

She is not being condescending, she is pointing out an error (you're being kind of condescending). I think we all know what you mean by "Big brother". But those shows do exert control and the participants are not allowed to leave. The concept is to control daily lives, this is done through oppressive surveillance. Logically I imagine it being "big brother" is because older brothers might bully and control younger siblings. In modern culture we often associate the word with being watched, but it's more than that, it is being watched by an organisation which might control us (e.g. the government). A quick google search will show you exactly why we are all a little bit confused about your use of the term. In the TV shows people vote for all sorts of things to happen to contestants, part of the point is to drive people a little nuts and cause drama for entertainment.

I am assuming from what you say you want to use the term because big brother was extremely popular and you're hoping you will get more viewers. Or maybe you don't want it to be a site for fapping (except it is set up as a fapping site).

If this were to be a "big brother" site the people would need to be essentially locked in these apartments and viewers would probably pay to vote for various things to happen in the apartment. Maybe nice food taken away or making them do things to get nice food. I seriously don't recommend this.
I don't think anyone thinks you are suggesting this, but it is clear you would want them in those very small apartments most of the time, otherwise what would be the point? Staying in all day is pretty depressing for a lot of people, especially if they're being viewed constantly, which is why people are commenting on it.

I don't disagree with you that walking around an apartment chilling out on camera is easier than dancing around and masturbating on camera in terms of exhaustion per amount of time. But all day without being able to turn it off? Maybe some people don't mind it at all, but judging by how awkward the couples looked I imagine it's not as easy as it sounds.

I've got a few questions:
- While they aren't "locked in", if they decided to go out all day or all evening most days/nights would you have words with them?
- As I and some other people have mentioned, the apartments appear small and pretty standard... What is it that makes them luxury?
(I may be used to a different standard of living, but I would not wish to live somewhere so... compact)
- What are your terms and conditions when it comes to content? Could you/would you resell videos from your hidden cameras? Sex scenes I imagine would be popular.
- There are camera's on the bathrooms... Do they show people on the toilet or are they allowed some privacy? Are there separate toilets they can use?
- Are there options for people turning off the camera's when they want to have a private moment?
- Are you looking for people to live in the apartments permanently or for a week or two? (this has been unclear)
- What are your broadband speeds in the apartments?
- Are you looking for local people or people from other countries?

The last question is due to the fact that a lot of people are asking in regards to their own situations, but if you're just looking for local girls then I can understand these questions aren't relevant. On ACF there are limited Romanian girls, definitely some but much less than other countries it seems. Which means we all have different standards and expectations (as well as different local wages). For example, you say those flats are expensive, but to me Romanian flat prices are very cheap. A quarter of what you'd pay in this country at least. The reason the "free rent" isn't a big deal to us is because it just doesn't seem that generous for what you're asking in return, especially as many camgirls can happily afford their own nicer places without moving or being constantly observed.

Oh, I get that he's trying to cash in on another's success. I got that. Loud and clear. Ripping off an idea from someone else to make money, yes. Understood.

It's just mind-boggling that he doesn't know where the term comes from that he keeps steadfastly sticking to even though it doesn't really apply.

There is no need to be insulting. Please keep the thread decent enough, and let other members express their opinion in a civilized manner.
@uncoveredmanhole has the right to his own opinion, you don't have to bite his head off if you don't agree with him. Nor mine for that matter.

Is it your opinion that the Orwell book 1984 (published in 1949) came AFTER the TV show Big Brother?

I just can't fathom how you refuse to acknowledge where the term "Big Brother" came from. It's not that the term only applies to that wretched TV show "nowadays". The book is immensely popular right now in particular because of the goings-on in the USA.

I'm done with this thread. You were incredibly unprofessional in your other thread and I don't trust you. Later, gator!

I've got a few questions:
- While they aren't "locked in", if they decided to go out all day or all evening most days/nights would you have words with them?
- As I and some other people have mentioned, the apartments appear small and pretty standard... What is it that makes them luxury?
(I may be used to a different standard of living, but I would not wish to live somewhere so... compact)
- What are your terms and conditions when it comes to content? Could you/would you resell videos from your hidden cameras? Sex scenes I imagine would be popular.
- There are camera's on the bathrooms... Do they show people on the toilet or are they allowed some privacy? Are there separate toilets they can use?
- Are there options for people turning off the camera's when they want to have a private moment?
- Are you looking for people to live in the apartments permanently or for a week or two? (this has been unclear)

I'll try to answer your questions in the order you asked them
Every person who wants to collaborate with us is told that extra remuneration is made based on viewes on the site. If they decide to leave for 5 days, it's their choice. If they leave for 30, then we just pay rent for an empty apartment and that could be a problem for us. Didn't rise up yet. Most people have jobs or go to university, so it's clear for everybody that their personal life (going to school + going out ) is in no way mandated by us. However they are also told if they are out all the time, they can't expect a lot of extra cash from the site because they don't have viewers. Up to them. It's not a job where they must meet any kind of quota.

They are situated in residential areas(very expensive and safe). They are all over 70 square meters, they all have new furniture (expensive + quality) and besides penthouses, there is nothing better we could find.

Members keep asking for replay recordings of previous days. We don't intend to sell any materials on other websites, but we might consider building a feature on the website where you could watch the previous day for example. Not sure this answers your question precisely.

There was a problem finding apartments where the toilet wouldn't be visible. We made special efforts to find apartments that would allow us not to film people on the toilet. Also, sound is turned off there...for...you know...

Turning off the cameras is not an option. However, each apartment has a balcony (10 sq meters maybe) that is not filmed where you can go and get full privacy.

Yes and yes. Both options are valid in most cases. Depends on the number of apartments that are ready to go live. And that is always discussed beforehand.

In general about 10Mb/s upload 20Mb/s download (not to be confused with Mbi/s). We thought this would be enough for camming if the case may be.

I think it depends on the people that want to work with us rather than their current location.

Members keep asking for replay recordings of previous days. We don't intend to sell any materials on other websites, but we might consider building a feature on the website where you could watch the previous day for example. Not sure this answers your question precisely.

This one didn't really answer the question. What I mean is that you will have a LOT of video footage of people, so technically you could edit and cut out scenes of sexual activity or say a camgirl doing a show on cam, or even someone having a shower or bath, and then you could sell this and make money from it. What are your terms and conditions on this? Who owns the content and do the participants have any rights to your video footage? Legally would you have the ability to do this? Or do you have terms that you delete the footage after a certain amount of days? While it's good you don't intend on selling to other websites, this isn't reassuring unless you have it clearly in the contract that you can't.

This one didn't really answer the question. What I mean is that you will have a LOT of video footage of people, so technically you could edit and cut out scenes of sexual activity or say a camgirl doing a show on cam, or even someone having a shower or bath, and then you could sell this and make money from it. What are your terms and conditions on this? Who owns the content and do the participants have any rights to your video footage? Legally would you have the ability to do this? Or do you have terms that you delete the footage after a certain amount of days?

While it's good you don't intend on selling to other websites, this isn't reassuring unless you have it clearly in the contract that you can't.

In the contract it states that we own the stream to publish exclusively on our site and for promotional purposes only if you agree. You can check that you don't agree.

There is no need to be insulting. Please keep the thread decent enough, and let other members express their opinion in a civilized manner

You say this, and then rate every single one of her posts with a turd. Maybe practice what you preach.

And it's hard to take you saying "there is no need to be insulting" seriously when every other post you made in the last thread was an insult.

And it's hard to take you saying "there is no need to be insulting" seriously when every other post you made in the last thread was an insult.

Same with telling people not to be condescending towards him then going on to be condescending to everyone else in the same post. Honestly in this last page it's only been slightly better, you can still see the person from the other thread just waiting to come out.

All in all it doesn't look like a great idea from the performers point of view. I could see it if you were desperate, completely broke and had nowhere to live, then this could seem like a good way to save some monies and get back on your feet. But for people already doing well for themselves with their own place to live I don't understand it.
People tend to only do Big Brother type reality tv shows when they're desperate for fame/money anyway so I guess that fits the bill.

Same with telling people not to be condescending towards him then going on to be condescending to everyone else in the same post. Honestly in this last page it's only been slightly better, you can still see the person from the other thread just waiting to come out.

All in all it doesn't look like a great idea from the performers point of view. I could see it if you were desperate, completely broke and had nowhere to live, then this could seem like a good way to save some monies and get back on your feet. But for people already doing well for themselves with their own place to live I don't understand it.
People tend to only do Big Brother type reality tv shows when they're desperate for fame/money anyway so I guess that fits the bill.

I think you are a bit judgemental. I used to hear these same words said about camming. :(

I think you are a bit judgemental. I used to hear these same words said about camming. :(

The first line, I don't know why I find it so funny but I do. Yes, yes I am judging you :p

And yes some people start camming because they're desperate for cash, but it isn't exactly a quick fix in desperate times. You need a place to live that you can cam from, a decent computer, decent internet, a webcam, enough money until your paycheck. It's not the sort of thing you go and do when you're about to be evicted and have no pennies to your name. While I could see being put up in a place and getting some income from the channel could be worth it if you're in a very difficult situation. Otherwise you've already got your own place to pay for, and if you move out then that's a pretty big risk if you find you don't enjoy being watched. Moving is expensive!

Anyways, your idea is mad. But you seem just a little bit mad too. And you don't seem to see why not everyone thinks it's such an exciting idea, which is also a little crazy. Because come on... It's not exactly a fool proof plan. But hey ho, it's your time and money you're investing. Perhaps you'll get as rich as you're hoping to be from this.

The first line, I don't know why I find it so funny but I do. Yes, yes I am judging you :p

And yes some people start camming because they're desperate for cash, but it isn't exactly a quick fix in desperate times. You need a place to live that you can cam from, a decent computer, decent internet, a webcam, enough money until your paycheck. It's not the sort of thing you go and do when you're about to be evicted and have no pennies to your name. While I could see being put up in a place and getting some income from the channel could be worth it if you're in a very difficult situation. Otherwise you've already got your own place to pay for, and if you move out then that's a pretty big risk if you find you don't enjoy being watched. Moving is expensive!

Anyways, your idea is mad. But you seem just a little bit mad too. And you don't seem to see why not everyone thinks it's such an exciting idea, which is also a little crazy. Because come on... It's not exactly a fool proof plan. But hey ho, it's your time and money you're investing. Perhaps you'll get as rich as you're hoping to be from this.

People never agree on everithing. You calling me mad, or just insinuating that "it's all about the money"... Sure, I agree that it's a business, and yes...money is part of it... but really? We were talking about the way to handle it...First thing to do...take your own advice. Please.

Actually the more I think about it, it would be more like if watchers could pay to effect changes to the model's house instead. Like turn up the heat, turn off lights, turn on music to wake them up. But that would be nothing short of hellish.
This sounds amazing honestly... :devil:

Question, do you own the site? Also isn't Big Brother still on TV? I was watching Celebrity Big Brother UK the other day.

Also how cute, him talking to us like most of us here doesn't remember the nineties. @justjoinedtopost hasn't "Old Yeller" us all, yet. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.